Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry mate, but India isn't a match for Britain or the US in any aspect of their military. India might rival the west at some point, but it's not now.

Comment

Originally posted by X04Shivaji View Post
      okie they dont ahve to give india or china a 303 but they could at least get thier help i mean when it comes to tech america is like 4th 5th and in terms of speed of production dont get started on the subject its a no brainer, and im terms of quality per solider india and china's soliders rival the british and american with ease the last two war games bettwen india and america india has won with ease (check Jane Defence Weekly) ermm India has got planes that Rival the F-22 Raptor (SuMKI 30) the Brahmos Missile http://www.brahmos.com/ supersonic speed and can carry a nuke payload which is better than anything states got at the moment then thier theres the navy http://indiannavy.nic.in/destroyers.htm they got really good ships obviously not Nimitz Class but they get the job done and keep China and Pakistan @ bay ;d
      sorry pall
      the indian navy is noting more than 2cond handid junk
      and i lookt it up the SuMKI 30 is only superior to F15 and F18
      sorry cant spell

Comment

lmao. India? A world power? Wow. Trying to say England is debatable, saying France is just absurd, but India? lol

Comment

First and foremost:

It is not an X-304, X means experimental! It isn't experimental!

It is a DSC-304 guys, as seen on the Odyssey.

Prometheus was the prototype, Daedalus is the production model.

DSC-304.

Comment

I've got an idea...instead of waiting for hand-outs from the Americans, why doesn't the UK build their own ship?
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              You make it sound as if the US didn't have to work with anyone, but without it's many allies believe me it wouldn't be as lucky as it is. The rest of the world does deserve to have this technology..
              So far, we have seen the russians get us into more hot water than they are worth as 'allies' (water gate, tomb and then that russian that was taken over by anubis). China has flat out tried to wrestle control of the gate with the russians as they "patsy", as to the french and british, we have yet to see anything imo meaningful from them to make them 'deserving' of this tech..

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
              The IOA need to step in and take control of the whole situation. All the troops/scientists need to be transfered to working for the IOA and the ships commanded by IOA officers.
              Heck no.. IMO the IOA has been nothing but a hinderance and a major thorn in the side of the SGC. I have YET to see them do anyting benefitial for the SGC team.

Originally posted by bniblett View Post
              truth be told, things are much better off with one country in control, therefor you don't have stupid bickering between countries.
              Agreed.

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
              but you can not do that allon and the ather counties, powes and allis whon`t stand for it. the best solosin is to place stargate comand homeworld secerety and the starnavy onder UN banner
              We did it for over 6 years before there was even a 'hinting' of an IOA... so how do you say we can't do it alone?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                So far, we have seen the russians get us into more hot water than they are worth as 'allies' (water gate, tomb and then that russian that was taken over by anubis). China has flat out tried to wrestle control of the gate with the russians as they "patsy", as to the french and british, we have yet to see anything imo meaningful from them to make them 'deserving' of this tech..?
                thay dont get the thance the sgc is total amarican

Heck no.. IMO the IOA has been nothing but a hinderance and a major thorn in the side of the SGC. I have YET to see them do anyting benefitial for the SGC team.?
                thay pay the bill`s

We did it for over 6 years before there was even a 'hinting' of an IOA... so how do you say we can't do it alone?
                do you know hou mutch a war cost. come on USAs state daed is not fore noting the highist thad it ever been.
                if running sgc and building a fleet is for free. sorry but you must be a idioot.
                sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                  sorry pall
                  the indian navy is noting more than 2cond handid junk
                  and i lookt it up the SuMKI 30 is only superior to F15 and F18
                  thats why in the last war game india beat states with Mig's and Kestrals? and thats why all the american manufactuing jobs are going to india and china and that why the only place in the world where you can dismantle ships safely is in india and that why all the 9/11 waste was taken to india for recycling and finally india's military spending is wat 2.3bn a year compared to states and its all ready on americas heel's the only advantage the states have over india and any one else is stealth dont even talk about quality omg...i even said that the Indian Navy wasnt Nimitz Class but not even the Britsh could repel a full scale attack from India just 2 good and if u dont believe me my uncle is the asian highest ranking navy officer and has been in the navy for was last 15 years give or take a year! the SuMKI came out time back and is still being improved its a russian body with indian tech.

The single greatest contibutor the world is India, it doesnt matter which subject you do it has it origins in india so and the funniest part is India is almost a world power and its got something stoopid like 80% corruption i cant imagine how far it could go with 70% or even 60% lmao!...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    I've got an idea...instead of waiting for hand-outs from the Americans, why doesn't the UK build their own ship?
                    Two reason. First, it took billions of dollars in research for the American government to come up with ship technology and they had Goa'uld ships to study. Since the American government seems to be keeping their technology to themselves at the moment, despite previous agreements, it isn't too likely that they have America's detailed ship building plans. In that case they would need to start from scratch with whatever they can get through spying. Second, building ships requires naquadah which means the American government either needs to give them some or they need to have a way to get off world so that they can get it on their own. Everything from the power source of 304s which allows their weapons, engines, and overall systems to work to a 302 and its naquadah warheads, requires them to depend on the American government if they want to build ships. They had a brief chance of bypassing them when the Russians had their own ship, but most likely they would've just used it to get their own naquadah so they could build arm a fleet of 302s.

Comment

thats why in the last war game india beat states with Mig's and Kestrals? !...
                      wow i dident know thad

and thats why all the american manufactuing jobs are going to india and china and that why the only place in the world where you can dismantle ships safely is in india and that why all the 9/11 waste was taken to india for recycling and finally india's military spending is wat 2.3bn a year compared to states !...
                      the reason wy allthe jobs go to india and china is the very very low labor cost and no reagart to the live of the man. we send last yaer a cago ship what was in ilegal bisnus to be "scafely" dismantelt in india, now to make a long story short thay are still counting the daed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and its all ready on americas heel's the only advantage the states have over india and any one else is stealth dont even talk about quality omg...i even said that the Indian Navy wasnt Nimitz Class but not even the Britsh could repel a full scale attack from India just 2 good !...
                      thay are more countrys hoe got stealth tech and evan beter quality than the US. and quality is now the day fare more importent than quantaty.

i bet that ower own De Zeven Provinciën class frigate`s will wipe the floor with the indian navy.

and if u dont believe me my uncle is the asian highest ranking navy officer and has been in the navy for was last 15 years give or take a year! !...
                      only 15 yaers!! in the westren world to get thad kind of posision yuo will be in the navy for 30 to 40 yaers

the SuMKI came out time back and is still being improved its a russian body with indian tech.!...
                      thad maby so but thay will be totaly owd by the new JSF. and than the indian engeineers will be back to sqwer 1

The single greatest contibutor the world is India, it doesnt matter which subject you do it has it origins in india so and the funniest part is India is almost a world power and its got something stoopid like 80% corruption i cant imagine how far it could go with 70% or even 60% lmao!...
                      but lukey fore the westren world it is not. it will be graet for the indians but not for us
                      Last edited by kefke20; 03 March 2007, 04:14 AM.
                      sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                        Two reason. First, it took billions of dollars in research for the American government to come up with ship technology and they had Goa'uld ships to study. Since the American government seems to be keeping their technology to themselves at the moment, despite previous agreements, it isn't too likely that they have America's detailed ship building plans. In that case they would need to start from scratch with whatever they can get through spying. Second, building ships requires naquadah which means the American government either needs to give them some or they need to have a way to get off world so that they can get it on their own. Everything from the power source of 304s which allows their weapons, engines, and overall systems to work to a 302 and its naquadah warheads, requires them to depend on the American government if they want to build ships. They had a brief chance of bypassing them when the Russians had their own ship, but most likely they would've just used it to get their own naquadah so they could build arm a fleet of 302s.
                        Build their own Stargate.
                        All they have to do is get an exiled Ancient to fall for one of their scientists and build one in their attic out of toaster ovens and a few random eBay-ordered items.

This whole "America found it all, now they have to share" tune is getting old. Can you imagine, back in the years of exploration, what people would've thought if Portugal had start whining to Spain that it deserved to have all the spoils discovered in the New World given to them just cause they didn't get there first? Or if France started attacking Italy cause it wouldn't share any of the wealth and wonders of the Orient?

I'm positive that had the British, Russians, Chinese, or French gotten their hands on the Stargate program, they'd be a hundred times less cooperative than the United States has been in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
                          Build their own Stargate.
                          All they have to do is get an exiled Ancient to fall for one of their scientists and build one in their attic out of toaster ovens and a few random eBay-ordered items.

This whole "America found it all, now they have to share" tune is getting old. Can you imagine, back in the years of exploration, what people would've thought if Portugal had start whining to Spain that it deserved to have all the spoils discovered in the New World given to them just cause they didn't get there first? Or if France started attacking Italy cause it wouldn't share any of the wealth and wonders of the Orient?

I'm positive that had the British, Russians, Chinese, or French gotten their hands on the Stargate program, they'd be a hundred times less cooperative than the United States has been in the series.
                          All true, but the U.S.A in reality is not that co-operative!
                          Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                          Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                          Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                          Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                          You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                          Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                          One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                          The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                          www.7-scales.co.uk
                          http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post

Thats why they need a cool little retroconed plot device. I would have it that just after Avalon the then on earth Baal sends one of his clones to investigate the Glastonbury cave. He then gets captured and makes a deal with the UK/European governments that in return for the carefree life he wanted on Earth he can make them major players in the SG program with ships plus he could have provide transport to collect naquidia. Cue out of blue a fleet of european ships with a new design turns up to help in an important battle and the Americans have no choice but to let them into the loop.

Also the British ship should be commanded by the guy who plays Morris in 24.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                              All true, but the U.S.A in reality is not that co-operative!
                              Well, this show isn't reality. Too many people here get all uptight about what's said about the fictional representations of their nations in the fictional world of Stargate.

And I would beg to differ. You want reality? How about the United States giving more relief and aid to third-world, war-torn, and disaster-ravaged nations than all of Europe combined.? How about the United States sacrificing technology that would make it invulnerable to nuclear attack (which I personally think was a stupid move of the government) to keep peace among the countries of the United Nations? How about the United States signing countless peace accords and weapon limitations over decades, in which the US was one of the only ones who lived up to their end of the bargain whilst the Communist walked all over the US government and took it as an opportunity to just strengthen themselves? How about the United States canceling all the ward debts of most of Europe (and several Asian and African countries) twice, when in both opportunities, calling in those debts, or at least keeping them around, would solve many of the United State's financial problems while bankrupting the rest of the "competition"? How about the hundreds upon hundreds of times when America had to bow to the wishes of the scores of worthless nations within the UN who only sought a means to their own ends?

Despite what your new sources tell you, America has proved itself one of the most cooperative countries in the world. Especially since most other countries only cooperate cause they have nothing to lose or are afraid for their own well-being. Of course the pathetic mistakes of America's leaders over the last few years have certainly given the rest of the world a chance to sit back and laugh at America (despite being political laughing stocks themselves, but just not being important enough for anyone else to notice or care). And of course everyone chooses to shift the blame to the United States for things they originally supported but now realize their mistake but don't wish to admit it.

Comment

That plus everyone whines about america, but when natural disasters hit, who is first there?? US. Who do they first turn to for aid? US.

Comment

Working...
                                X