This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really think it should be about 'what countries have a 304'

The IOA need to step in and take control of the whole situation. All the troops/scientists need to be transfered to working for the IOA and the ships commanded by IOA officers.
    Member countries pay their dues and get their rewards. Patents from alien tech. Free will to roam and mine and colonise uninhabited planets in the Gateworld system.
    A well run UN of the stars solely dedicated to the defence of the entire planet.... It sounds corny but thats the way it should be run.

Comment

Originally posted by mymonkey15 View Post
      In sg-1 season 9 the Russians were given a 304 in order to get the gate out of there hands.

Since then area 51 has churned out the Apollo. That put the total 304's in current operation at 3 Daedalus, Odyssey and Apollo, Korolev having being destroyed.

Now given the well know de-valuing of the SGC by the American administration and the IOA shifting support and funds to Atlantis, surely the USAF would want member states of the IOA to pay for 304s and 302s to offset the massive cost of construction and operation???

SO British X304 HMS Trafalgar in Atlantis season 4?
      There is already a HMS Trafalgar, she is a 'Trafalgar' class nuclear attack submarine. She might have been mothballed, but she is still on the books. Britain can barely afford Trident, so I think an interstellar battleship is probably beyond our means.
      Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

I had an idea of a UK X304 a while ago, but I am keeping the details to myself, in case I ever get the chance to write the story and perhaps pitch it to the Novel publishers in the future.

The Idea of the UK having a ship came to me simplty because China, France, the UK and Russia are all big players in the Stargate Universe, established in SG1 and hinted at in Atlantis once or twice. Having said that, the international community aspect of Atlantis seems to have fallen by the wayside, so I am going to wait to see if and what develops on that front.
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by FlightPod View Post
          As a Brit i've always hoped maybe someday we would get a ship or two in stargate cannon. Though if they do i hope its a navy operation and not an air force one, my belief is that such ships warrant naval not air force control, the navy after all is about ships and crews, and at least in days of old a big guns too.
          All three services should be aboard as they all can aid with their various specialties. Army for the ground forces and ship security, RAF for 302 pilots and the navy to control ship proper. everyone gets a piece of the action.

Comment

Originally posted by Death From Above View Post
            There is already a HMS Trafalgar, she is a 'Trafalgar' class nuclear attack submarine. She might have been mothballed, but she is still on the books. Britain can barely afford Trident, so I think an interstellar battleship is probably beyond our means.
            Then we build a new Botany Bay,
            solution to prison overcrowding, and battleship.

Comment

a British 304 would be great for plantary defence purposes but for open engagements a big no no !

seeing sas teams in Atlantis/SG1 would be damn nice but why have 2nd best ?

the SBS is far better trained then the SAS and thats a FULLSTOP !
              and unlike the SAS the SBS has full protection from the media !

and world ranking in order of armed forces is British forces by far better than all other this is a fact and no bias involved even thou i was in the army for over 9yrs

as for special forces it goes (1st)SBS/SAS (2nd)Mosatt however its spelt(Israeli) then (3rd)a host of american special forces this is fact google it, janes fighting men or whatever its called keeps stock on all rankings both in material and units.
              and btw the US military ranks special forces by what that force is trained to do..... i guess thats why both the US and rest of the world see the entire British Armed Forces as a special armed forces army and a further note (we british) help in training both Israeli and US special forces
              Last edited by batfinks; 01 March 2007, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
                I don't really think it should be about 'what countries have a 304'

The IOA need to step in and take control of the whole situation. All the troops/scientists need to be transfered to working for the IOA and the ships commanded by IOA officers.
                Member countries pay their dues and get their rewards. Patents from alien tech. Free will to roam and mine and colonise uninhabited planets in the Gateworld system.
                A well run UN of the stars solely dedicated to the defence of the entire planet.... It sounds corny but thats the way it should be run.
                Ideally that should happen, but the U.S. won't go for it at the moment (that's decades away, when they're no longer at war with anyone). Other nations have already been complaining that the U.S. isn't giving them the kind of access they want and that they aren't living up to their promise to share technology. The U.S. likes that it is in control of whatever technology that is filtered through the Stargate and although they are willing to join with an international community for the betterment of the planet, (Earth technology would not have been completely useless in the case of a worldwide Goa'uld invasion) there is a limit to how far they will go. I'm very much hoping to see fleet of Earth ships one day, so I'm hoping that The Road Not Taken will serve as a lesson through Carter's retelling of it. But, most likely the writers have been limiting what the U.S. will give out to other nations as otherwise Earth would have just under 15 304s around now and that would too unbalance what they've worked for with the reset show in the season 9 priemere.

Comment

Originally posted by Death From Above View Post
                  maybe we can't afford trident because we've already bought a 304 or two.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hopefully and assuming we get a 304 for Britain it should be named i think HMS Hood, or maybe one of the old battleship names ie King George V, Nelson, Warspite etc

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
                      In reality, the United State's ties with other nations only make it weaker. Would it spend less time in foreign affairs and remove itself from UN, it would become a ton more powerful.
                      It's not so much about the power, it's what you do with it. If the US was left to it's own devices, Iraq would probably be one in a long line of disasters. The UN ensures (if it is listened to) that only just wars are fought, unfortunatly most major powes only listen to the UN when it suits them.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        I'm just waiting for someone to say the wrong thing and suddenly have the 304 fleet turn on itself.
                        That is what would worry me. especally when the gate goes public because every country would want a ship.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

not giving the ships would cause the same conflict. It would be like the road not taken. There'd be chaos if the world wasn't united and the U.S. would use their 304s to maintain order. Least they could do is give a 304 to a nation which they know to be an ally.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hmm I dont think Britian should get one i think India and China should the two more powerful countries even in terms of military would wipe the floor with Britian not just sayin cos the hell of it cos its truw Britian control's an army of 300,000 200,000 reserves India and China has million strong army and India has the 4th Largest air force one of the most advanced navys china has the largest army in the world, a decent air force (they catchin up) and thier navy as well its getting better all the time. in terms of money and resources no one can touch India or China even the states (Out Sourcing) and the lack of trivium and asgard tech just requires tweeking

Comment

If they do give britian one they should call it HMS Spitfire! or Hurricane

Comment

More advanced manufacturing will be needed to complete more 304s as well as their respective 302 complements.

Comment

Working...
                                X