This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    We had an SAS team in Atlantis: Halycon which I'm thankful of.
    which episode was he in.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
      I seem to remember the movies ending with the British emperor being thrown off the edge by a big American guy in a snazzy suit.
      His voice may have been American, but the bloke in the suit was from Bristol. That's Bristol in England, by the by.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

^yep. very true.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'd like to see a British 304, but to be honest I really doubt that would happen, I'd settle for an SAS team instead.

Comment

I'd like to see who would command a 304 from another nation.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              which episode was he in.
              It's a Stargate Atlantis novel, actually.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                I'd like to see who would command a 304 from another nation.
                I'm just waiting for someone to say the wrong thing and suddenly have the 304 fleet turn on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  British army are the better than americans and most probably the best in the world, cannot remember who it was but even a american general as admitted that the british are better trained. And the fact we tend to come out on top in war games means we must be better.
                  I agree that the British Special Forces (or whoever their top notch guys are) are far better trained than the US Army, but the Army Soldiers aren't our best trained military units. As far as ground combat, I think America's best trained branch (overall) is the Marine Corps. Then we have specialized units within other branches, like the Army Rangers, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green Berets, etc..

From what I understand the Brit's best-of-the-best are #3, Israel>US>Brits. I think man-for-man the Israeli Military is by far the best trained. W/ America & Great Britain following.

As far as a British 304, well I posted this in another thread.
                  Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  Russia has Titanium, right? I think they do, so they could build the hull out of a Titanium-Alloy. And sacrifice a F-302 bay and/or a storage room and/or some living quarters and power it with a nuclear reactor.
                  This could be applicable to England too. If they could get an Asgard Shield & Hyperspace engine then they could at least explore. And I'm sure the Brits could muster some weapon that could take down an Al'kesh.
                  Last edited by Ripple in Space; 28 February 2007, 04:29 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

The British SAS are renowned around the world as the most elite fighting force on Earth, I imagine the only troops the US has who are close are Delta force who are allegedy trained or have been trained by the SAS, not sure howmuch truth there is in that though...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      The British SAS are renowned around the world as the most elite fighting force on Earth, I imagine the only troops the US has who are close are Delta force who are allegedy trained or have been trained by the SAS, not sure howmuch truth there is in that though...
                      Dick Cheney would demolish them, all of them. Just give him a Dominican Cigar (no Cubans for us) and a rifle.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

As a Brit i've always hoped maybe someday we would get a ship or two in stargate cannon. Though if they do i hope its a navy operation and not an air force one, my belief is that such ships warrant naval not air force control, the navy after all is about ships and crews, and at least in days of old a big guns too.

Comment

That would be cool if they get their own ship
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                            The US won't be the world's greatest super power much longer though, at all. They probably have about ten years left. They won't be able to just brush everyone else asided and go forward themselves. I would have thought America would want to keep their closest allies close to them in order to not become isolated. No better way of doing that then to share what they have found openly.
                            Um....

And do you ever want u to become the Fifth race, because I doubt we will unless we are a united Earth. The Asgrad are much more likely to share their more advanced tech with us (as are other races) if we prove we can set aside our own differences and unite in peace.
                            You do realize this show is just fiction... right?

You make it sound as if the US didn't have to work with anyone, but without it's many allies believe me it wouldn't be as lucky as it is. The rest of the world does deserve to have this technology.
                            In reality, the United State's ties with other nations only make it weaker. Would it spend less time in foreign affairs and remove itself from UN, it would become a ton more powerful.
                            All UN and America's allies do, for the most part, is weigh it down, by putting restrictions on US defenses, weapons technology, and always requiring the US's help, and then getting all their war debts canceled (which, if the US had called in so many countless times, most of Asia and Europe would be in economic ruin while the United States thrived without debt- of course, this would hurt trade, but the US could always pay to build up the countries it needs for supplies).

In Stargate, the US needs the rest of the world even less, especially if they hoarded all the goods to themselves. No army in the world could stand up to several X-304s. You give them their own, and if they decide they're unhappy with the current agreement, they fight back, the world breaks out into war, and we have no chance of defending ourselves.

And I find it funny that just about everyone here supporting the British getting one and saying the British are the "top soldiers in the world" are British. Little bias don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
                              In Stargate, the US needs the rest of the world even less, especially if they hoarded all the goods to themselves. No army in the world could stand up to several X-304s. You give them their own, and if they decide they're unhappy with the current agreement, they fight back, the world breaks out into war, and we have no chance of defending ourselves.
                              Yes because the U.S. needs to keep their 304s on Earth just keeping the peace instead of using them out there in the universe to defend against hostile threats. Also, if the other governments were to band together against the U.S. they may not be able to defeat the 304s and would be at a serious disadvantages against 302s, but they could do serious damage to this country and all that would remain is those 304s. However, I would remind you that the international community has control over the Ancient Outpost and so if they strike first they can reach it before the U.S. and take out those 304s with ease. If you make them feel like you're going to lord your technology over them once there are no more enemies out there and you will not honor your agreements to share technology they can very easily get their first. The only reason that didn't happen in the Road Not Taken (which shows you how much better the world is under your idea that having allies is worse for fighting alien threats - Even if they found Atlantis they wouldn't have the resources to run it and the Stargate program at the same time which means no ZPMs and eventual the destruction of Earth) is because the U.S. never shared the outpost to begin with so they were able to get the chair out of there before others reached it. Also, in that reality the Asgard never gave Earth advanced technology, so they weren't around to make sure Earth didn't abuse it. If, however, the U.S. started lording it over other countries I'd be inclined to think that they would step in. Certainly Sg-1 would use their first opportunity to contact them if something like that happened.

Anyway, the American government has never been the hero of Sg-1. The members of Sg-1 are the heroes and the government is constantly getting in their way and trying to screw things up for them with their small minded thinking. They have often learned from their mistakes (i.e. overhauling the N.I.D.) and fortunately had a few good people in charge, (the president has always been their friend, but he's not the whole government) but if it wasn't for Sg-1 fixing their mistakes all the time they would be ruined. One of their latest bits of genius was to claim that their 303 and 304 technology was good enough to defend Earth, so they had no reason to waste money on having the SGC run at full capacity. Meanwhile, the recent attempt to by Jaffa to attack Earth shows that even if the Ori didn't appear a lot of damage could be done to Earth by the pre-existing Milky Way technology.

Comment

But as long as a band with the name SG1 exists, Earth will be safe.
                                So we don't really need to give the British an X304.

Comment

Working...
                                X