This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    But in truth the US should be training countries like Britain how to use the tech because like it or not eventually the whole world will know about the program and all of Earth's major governments will have to do their part in protection of Earth.
    Why though?
    This is one thing I hate about modern politics. Every nation thinks they somehow deserve power. This whole "equal balance of power" thing only aids the pathetic and weakens the strong.
    Bah, I get irritated when I think of all the problems America's facing that could've been solved had it not done so many things in the past to keep the "balance of power" and UN happy.

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    Plus Amanda Tapping is half British, so we should get a BC-304
    I don't think you'll find a single American who isn't half, third, or quarter something or other.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Yep...........Brits are great!!!!!!!!! We're a scrappy bunch. and as for the star wars thing..........Course...that's cos we own you!!!!! Lol.
    I seem to remember the movies ending with the British emperor being thrown off the edge by a big American guy in a snazzy suit.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    True, but in a direct competition between Britain's premier special forces unit; The SAS, and Americas; Delta Force, the SAS won hands down.
    Has this competition happened yet? I'd like to watch.
    Of course, I wouldn't doubt it. There's a massive list of things the British are better at than the Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by mymonkey15 View Post
      In sg-1 season 9 the Russians were given a 304 in order to get the gate out of there hands.

Since then area 51 has churned out the Apollo. That put the total 304's in current operation at 3 Daedalus, Odyssey and Apollo, Korolev having being destroyed.

Now given the well know de-valuing of the SGC by the American administration and the IOA shifting support and funds to Atlantis, surely the USAF would want member states of the IOA to pay for 304s and 302s to offset the massive cost of construction and operation???

SO British X304 HMS Trafalgar in Atlantis season 4?
      Yes to a British 304 but a big no to calling it the Trafalgar, surely we can do better.

Comment

why are there 2 of these threads?
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

^damn straight.

Comment

Well if the British ade one it would be torn apart by just a zat gun hahahahaha
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

merged with the note that folks can have ONE thread to discuss a topic, not several exactly the same scattered in different folders
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If anything, a Brit 304 should be called the Thunder Child! And as much as I'd love to see us have one, really, in all fairness, it'd just get blown to hell. You know what TPTB think of any other nation's and captured alien ships

However, I sure would love an SAS team.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
                  Why though?
                  This is one thing I hate about modern politics. Every nation thinks they somehow deserve power. This whole "equal balance of power" thing only aids the pathetic and weakens the strong.
                  Bah, I get irritated when I think of all the problems America's facing that could've been solved had it not done so many things in the past to keep the "balance of power" and UN happy.
                  The US won't be the world's greatest super power much longer though, at all. They probably have about ten years left. They won't be able to just brush everyone else asided and go forward themselves. I would have thought America would want to keep their closest allies close to them in order to not become isolated. No better way of doing that then to share what they have found openly.

And do you ever want u to become the Fifth race, because I doubt we will unless we are a united Earth. The Asgrad are much more likely to share their more advanced tech with us (as are other races) if we prove we can set aside our own differences and unite in peace.

You make it sound as if the US didn't have to work with anyone, but without it's many allies believe me it wouldn't be as lucky as it is. The rest of the world does deserve to have this technology.

I don't think you'll find a single American who isn't half, third, or quarter something or other.
                  She's Canadian/English (It was only a joke mind)

I seem to remember the movies ending with the British emperor being thrown off the edge by a big American guy in a snazzy suit.
                  The big guy in the suit was British, just the voice was American

Look here

Has this competition happened yet? I'd like to watch.
                  Of course, I wouldn't doubt it. There's a massive list of things the British are better at than the Americans.
                  It does of course work both ways. That is why people should work together, to get the best of both.

Comment

British army are the better than americans and most probably the best in the world, cannot remember who it was but even a american general as admitted that the british are better trained. And the fact we tend to come out on top in war games means we must be better.

But that not what we here to talk about.

As for us getting a x-304.BC 304 or what ever they are call them, it about time t, it would be only thing which we would of wanted in trade for allowing them access to Merlin Cavern.

And we should see SAS solders going through the gate it be great.

Through all foriegns are evil to americans and TPTB.

Through it be great to see some british solders around rescueing sheppered and co butts.

Comment

^ i agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Since other countries have the plans for the ships, why aren't they building any? Heck, why didn't the Russians at least build a Prometheus class ship during the 3 years that the U.S. had the Prometheus? If every country that knows about the Stargate produced 1 ship a year, Earth would have a fleet in no time.

Vala,
                        My guess would be because of the PROHIBITIVELY huge costs. Most nations can't churn out the cash to buy the materials needed to build a 304.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          My guess would be because of the PROHIBITIVELY huge costs. Most nations can't churn out the cash to buy the materials needed to build a 304.
                          and lets not forget, no nations have access to the materials needed to build a 304. You can't exactly get your hands on Naquadah, Trinium plus the Asgard components needed to build them.

sigpic

Comment

nope. in fact giving the russians plans for the f-302's and 304's was a good deal considering. they got majorly screwed over with that.

Comment

If Britian had a 304 they would some how use it to wipe out most of the Ori fleet before it gets blown up due to Oneill getting over excited and accidentally hitting the self-destruct button.

I'm sure there is at least one team of SAS on Atlantis, we don't see them because they haven't shown the Atlantis pub yet.

Comment

We had an SAS team in Atlantis: Halycon which I'm thankful of.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X