This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    i'd love for that to happen. it's time the brits were seen in a military role in stargate and not just............grodin............who is dead................ i mean come on, we have an elite military among the best in the world (some would say even more highly trained than the U.S.) plus we have quite possibly the strongest diplomatic bonds with the U.S. and we havn't had any sort of military presence in the SGC or Atlantis.
    ours are better trained. That's not bias, that's fact.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
      You paid for all of the lend lease materials that the US GAVE you? You also need to learn your history. At the end of the war the US forgave HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS worth of war dept that the UK and Russia has racked up. So Russia would of won eventually? The Russians would of starved to death if it were not for the American heart land providing both Russia and the UK with food. I guess the whole American Army Corps that we made up around General Patton had nothing to do with the Germans think we were going to invade Pas-de-Calais instead of Normandy? I guess all of the bombing from the US 8th Air Force for months around that area had nothing to do with it either? Again I am not saying that the Allies did not contribute a great deal to the war effort. Without the UK's help I doubt we would of won the war in Europe but I am sick and tired of hearing younger Brit's mouthing off about how they would of been just fine without the US and they didn't need any help. I spent some time in the UK and talked to allot of older people in their 70's that were still the most grateful people I have ever seen to America. They even made comment's about how it was a shame that the younger generations in the UK were so ungrateful for the sacrifices that America made for their freedom in the second world war.
      I'm a younger brit who is about to mouth off.
      I understand the sacrifices America made, all well and good, but you may not understand we 'mouth off' because so many of you seem to think you were the ONLY ONES INVOLVED! I get it all the time at the outdoor centre that I work at. You won the war whislt we sipped tea and biscuits.
      You realise between 39 and 41, Britian stood alone? True, america helped a great deal, but we would have held on. Maybe not won, but we would have held out. you all seem to underestimate the British military(including commonwealth vassals) all the time.
      we had the elite Commandos, the RAF, the Royal Navy and by God we did well considering we were on our own.
      So I'm grateful America helped. But not when you lot 'mouth off' about winning the war.
      Watch any TV dude, play games, u never hear about Britian, or the Commonwealth countries. You hear about mighty America.
      THAT'S why some of us mouth off.
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
      X