Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think it's going to be less than 1.5. If it was 1.5 then Joe M. would have said "hey, we didn't lose any viewers over the break, even without that great SG1 lead-in!" If it was more than 1.5 Joe M. would have definitely noted that they gained viewers. I'm still wagering 1.1-1.4. And I don't bank too much on demographics either - SG1 had lower ratings in s10 yet skiffy played up the great demographics it had...and then canceled the show.

I'm rather cynical about the "SGA needs to be renewed -what else does skiffy have to show?" argument. If SGA was really that strong of a show then it should stand on its own - no need to compare it to other shows on the network.

Guess all those Carter ads for SGA didn't pan out exactly as hoped, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Guess all those Carter ads for SGA didn't pan out exactly as hoped, huh?
      On the contrary, it seems to be biting them a bit in the behind.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

my guess is the episode that will end up getting the most viewers is the kindred which is the return of carson.I think that's the only episode that people are really looking forward to. oh and speaking of mgillion..did you hear that he's up for the role of scotty in the next star trek movie? Since i'm a huge trekkie fan that's a dream come true.

Comment

I am still going to wave my 1.25-1.3 predictions around. It wasn't good. I am making that statement only because Joe M does not strike me as a humble person. We'd have heard it in BIG letters by now, if it was different.

*insert my disclaimer statement* I am only make a general observation.
          sig made by me

Comment

Also, I find it interesting that Joe M. didn't post the actual numbers for Adrift when he was so willing to post ratings like 1.2 on his blog back in s3.5. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it is worrisome...

Comment

You know - I saw an ad on SCI FI for "ani-Mondays" and I thought it said "Anti-Mondays"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                Also, I find it interesting that Joe M. didn't post the actual numbers for Adrift when he was so willing to post ratings like 1.2 on his blog back in s3.5. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it is worrisome...
                When Unending and First Strike got 1.7 and 1.5 respectively, and Joe told us the numbers were great, he didn't give us the actual numbers.

I would have thought thye would have been found now.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                  You know - I saw an ad on SCI FI for "ani-Mondays" and I thought it said "Anti-Mondays"

arrh yes but i bet the ani-mondays dont have couches with drinks and snacks, not forgetting the great company

yes i wonder what the excuses will be if they get the same or less for adrift ratings wise.

i mean chages to cast, baiting fans, changing directions, soft resets dont count at all
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    Sadly for you shippers I was aiming at to how cliche such an ending would be.

Spoiler:
                    I see a Ford, Weir and Michael team up in the future.
                    Oh so cliche. I'm a shipper here (who'd guess, eh?) and I had a good giggle.

And I like your team. It would sooo rock! I'd pay money to see them kick Team!Shep rears!!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      When Unending and First Strike got 1.7 and 1.5 respectively, and Joe told us the numbers were great, he didn't give us the actual numbers.

I would have thought thye would have been found now.
                      could that new nielson thing (website madness) be the cause? you know with the overall tally up?
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        On the SciFi-forum they have a thread about "Ani-Mondays" and I keep reading Anti-Mondays every single time.

See, it's not just you...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          On the SciFi-forum they have a thread about "Ani-Mondays" and I keep reading Anti-Mondays every single time.

See, it's not just you...
                          Oh God its the Hive mind at work
                          sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Well I just finished my SG1 DVD marathon ((S1-S10) and I found so many things copied in SGA. So, having said that, the SGA people still have 6 to 7 SG1 seasons to copy from . That will take some time . Guess I will be 50 when the last episode will air and it will be called : Stargate Atlantis: Wraiths in tights
                            As in Robin Hood and the Men in Tights? I'd pay money to see that, especially the musical numbers!!!

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                            No, no, Neelix was definitely worse in my opinion. Lucius was skeevy, but there were a lot of cute giggling/smiling moments. [though my enjoyment of the unprecedented light-heartedness was lessened by my fear of imminent character rape, the way *he* was eyeing the women] Besides, Lucius was only in two eps, thank goodness.
                            Yup it wasn't easy to put up with Neelix... I just hope we never get to see Lucius ever again... oh wait, I'm not gonna watch! *slaps head* Phew, I'm safe.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            Neelix gave me the creeps

i gave up on voyager when it got to heavy on the Paris/Torress liason. i really dont like watching romantic commedies in space

i like things that go boom but have actual plot and charater arcs that complement said boom

i see from Jm'S blog that he knows the ratings which we dont as yet and they appear to be so,so. he doesnt give an exact figure but hes not jumping for joy so all theses changes, all these promos this year in caomparison to every other year realy made a big difference didnt they

or of course he could be pulling all our legs and has actualy got massive ratings and hes baiting the fans again
                            Space explosions are cool, but actual plot is even cooler.

Ooooh? JM is *not* jumping of joy?? Really?! I don't think he is pulling our legs. He strikes me as a type who would point at antis and go "neener - neener" if the ratings were so really really good.

Let's hope they sink even lover... beyond the temperature of freezing.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                            I braved JM's blog. The opening paragraph the 10/1/07 blog addresses ratings for Adrift:
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, the ratings are in for the Atlantis’s season premiere, Adrift, and it looks like Rob’s cold realism won out over Brad’s bright optimism. We’ve done better. On the other hand, we did very well in some key demographics. So, is this good or bad news? Uh, both? Sure, people will find different ways to spin it - some doom and gloom here, a silver lining there - but, at the end of the day, all that matters is did we get that fifth season pick-up or not? No word on that yet and I’m still hopeful but, just in case, I wonder if Fondy may need a stock boy at her pet boutique.

He didn't post an actual figure.
                            No, that doesn't sound happy at all.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

could that new nielson thing (website madness) be the cause? you know with the overall tally up?
                              I don't know. Unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                                yea..atlantis is doing really well on that website it's rated number 2.The site acts as one big early save the show voting poll. If it keeps at number 2 it'll more than likely get a season five.

Comment

Working...
                                X