Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    lucius was a screwup inside a mistake and wrapped in ickiness

His storyline literally is, to me, one of the worst things tptb ever did
    ABSOLUTELY! Hey, at least he's not in season 4. Unless he's making a special guest appearence. . .

Blech.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

lucius and the fact that Joe thought he was a great idea, is what's behind a lot of my trepidation about s4.

his definition of 'good' isn't always in line with mine
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        On a less serious note, I call dibs on a Weir-as-Borg avatar. Did anyone else also get this ST: Voyager déj?* vu while hearing both Doctors talk about using nanites to repair Weir's body?
        Oh, I can't believe you called it! I kept meaning to post about that and you beat me to it. I mean, the hair growth scene was very Seven of Nine. From bald to lush beautiful locks. I half expected Weir to start promoting Pantene or something...and Weir taking on Oberoth is similar to Seven taking on the Borg Queen. There were a lot of parallels there, I thought. We just need to find Weir a skintight bodysuit and the transformation is complete.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew how the opening credits are supposed to work? Obviously the main actor is featured first, but shows vary from showing everyone in alphabetical order [STV, for instance] to randomly flashing up actors, presumably in order of importance. Since David Hewlett was last on the previous credits with the 'as Dr McKay' caption, it's not alphabetical, but it's not in order of importance, since he's up there with Shep in terms of dialogue and action. Why did he get that special little 'as Dr McKay' thing anyway, when most of the other actors didn't? I'm just hoping something will explain the placement of Carter/AT on the credits, because that really startled me.

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
        My question is...

If they go with Sheyla (which they will) and McCarter -(they have to have their boys hooking up with the "hot" girls), where does that leave Sam and Jack?
        They can't do Sheyla if:

Spoiler:
        Teyla's pregnant to another love interest that she's been hiding all season. Though they might kill the poor dude and make Shep the surrogate daddy?

And FH? Hugs to you, though I'm not sure why you're upset, but who needs a reason for a hug?
        'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
        will scorch my pride, scar my heart
        It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
        Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

credits and actors' positions within the credits is part of their compensation and are contracturally negotiated.

It's nothing personal or anything, it's just part of how they're paid.

actor compensation is a very intricate business and their contracts can deal with everything from when/if they can get hair cuts, if they can get preggers, what they can do in their off hours (such as not being allowed to do anything dangerous) to what food and drink is stocked in thier trailres or what refreshments the caterers provide

Placement in the credits is just part of the employment package
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly. I guess it makes sense that since AT is SGA's newest and biggest drawcard that they'd want to put her in a prominent position in the credits.

I read on JM's blog that Jason got a new tattoo and the writers were worrying about whether to mention it as a Satedan thing or ignore it! He can be funny at times, saying that actors can do pretty much whatever they want, except if they're going to get married, then the producers draw up a list of suitable candidates for them to choose from...

But since you mentioned all those possible stipulations above, I wonder whose idea Carter's new hairdo was? Did AT grow her hair and they let her keep it or was it part of revamping her image as new leader? I was upset when I found out that Janeway's hair wasn't real on Voyager, so I'm just wondering if Carter's hair is!

Oh, interesting interview with Jewel:
            'The writers also provided an opportunity for a romantic moment between Keller and one of the show's regulars. "I've had a yummy moment with someone yummy ... but not necessarily a guest star!" Staite teased.

"There's some unexpected romances happening that even surprised me. I think they'll definitely come to the fans [as] quite a surprise, too." '

Okay, then. That would suck. I'm not the biggest fan of Keller, and the fact that the writers are apparently considering writing relationships for her is just weird, considering she's brand spankin' new and they haven't bothered to develop platonic friendships between the main characters in the show over the past three years.
            Last edited by borgprincess; 30 September 2007, 09:56 PM.
            'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
            will scorch my pride, scar my heart
            It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
            Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Oh, that's the scene in Echoes where she looks cutely confused.

Spoiler DG... minor but still spoiler...
              Spoiler:

I miss her already and I haven't seen the episode yet.
              I heard. Sorry hon.

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                And FH? Hugs to you, though I'm not sure why you're upset, but who needs a reason for a hug?
                You are obviously not spoiled for Doppelganger (404, which was accidently released as 401 on iTunes so some people already saw it)... So, therefor I will not spoil you unless you really (really) want to know. In that case you can PM me or wander over to the Doppelganger thread.

But one of the things happening in that episode has me devastated...

Thanks for the hug.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                I heard. Sorry hon.
                Thanks. And I love that glomp-smiley. *save*
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Considering that Joe felt that Revisions was one of the best episodes of s7, i have some very serious doubts about his vision of 'good' meshing very well with mine. And let't not even TOUCH Lucius Lavin
                  S7 was good but I can't honestly remember Revisions. What was that about?!!

Lucius Lavin was the perfect waste of space and time. *shudders* He managed to annoy me even more than Neelix in ST Voyager - and that is an accomplishment!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    S7 was good but I can't honestly remember Revisions. What was that about?!!
                    Revisions
                    The team gates to a climate-controlled environment amidst a toxic wasteland, whose people are all linked to a central computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Revisions
                      The team gates to a climate-controlled environment amidst a toxic wasteland, whose people are all linked to a central computer.
                      *facepalm*

No wonder I nearly forgot that one. It was probably the lamest episode of the season.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*facepalm*

No wonder I nearly forgot that one. It was probably the lamest episode of the season.
                        Yes, it was... And I too had no idea what it was about.

Comment

Considering that Joe felt that Revisions was one of the best episodes of s7, i have some very serious doubts about his vision of 'good' meshing very well with mine. And let't not even TOUCH Lucius Lavin
                          Since I agree with the rest of your post and find it pointless to quote it all, I'll continue with the JM "Favourite episodes". From what I can tell by viewing the credits, most of the poor episodes where written or co-written by, no surprise here, JM and now he's showrunner for S4. This I consider to be very disturbing, a man who has written, and it is agreed upon by most people, the worst episodes - The Tower for one - of SGA is getting to be showrunner. It truly proves the Peter principle, but that's besides the point.

Because of this I'll make the following predictions and invite everyone to join me in thinking up the new season plots:
                          - Lucius will return.
                          - Sheppard will either get seduced by or seduce or hot female leader of a hostile people.
                          - Teyla's baby will be Sheppard's due to the kiss their shared when he was transforming into a Wraith
                          - McKay and Carter will join the ship bandwagen and have lots of arguments.
                          - Zelenka will get killed off or get partnered with Carter, after she breaks up with McKay, just to create more tension moments.
                          - Weir will turn evil.
                          - When the tide is high for our heroes Saint Carter will arrive on her Stallion Apollo and save the day.
                          - The Deadalus gets destroyed.
                          - They'll find yet another Ancient warship for 1 or 2 episodes.
                          - Teyla's baby will bring people between humans and Wraith or will be the Daywalker Wraith.
                          - Keller and Sheppard hook up.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                            Oh, I can't believe you called it! I kept meaning to post about that and you beat me to it. I mean, the hair growth scene was very Seven of Nine. From bald to lush beautiful locks. I half expected Weir to start promoting Pantene or something...and Weir taking on Oberoth is similar to Seven taking on the Borg Queen. There were a lot of parallels there, I thought. We just need to find Weir a skintight bodysuit and the transformation is complete.
                            And she needs to become a blonde and all the storylines must end with her nanites saving the day: Sheppard gets a cold? No problem, Weir hands Doctor Keller and Doctor McKay some nanites and the cold is gone!

Although, being a bit more serious, I think it's far more likely Weir will die on the Asuran homeworld because the Atlantis expedition will use the planet-wide anti-replicator weapon, a heroic Weir distracts the Asurans, to destroy them all. Weir then gets beamed up in an emotional moment while her organs fails and Sheppard, teary eyed, will tell her how sorry he is for pulling the trigger which costed her her life. Weir, of course, forgives Sheppard and all is well again.

It's a shame I can't have custom avatars yet or else the Weir-As-Borg avatar would've been mine.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

*facepalm*

Does it beat Avenger 2.0?
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

- When the tide is high for our heroes Saint Carter will arrive on her Stallion Apollo and save the day.
                                I need to manip a stallion Apollo for Saint-Carter.

It's a shame I can't have custom avatars yet or else the Weir-As-Borg avatar would've been mine.
                                I could make you one. When the time comes that you can have your own avatar, which could be sooner than you think.

Does it beat Avenger 2.0?
                                Mmm...not sure. Though there is a possibility yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X