The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I betcha part two will be nice and tense and actiony and then in a blink The Eye will be over.

Muahaha...
    Oh no, she's hemoraging puns.... *hides*

Comment

I betcha part two will be nice and tense and actiony and then in a blink The Eye will be over.

Muahaha...
      NO HOPE AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Oh no, she's hemoraging puns.... *hides*
        Quick! Call 911!

Or else just run and hide. I like the run and hide part.

Comment

Awww, I don't understand why you guys must lash out at me over The Eye. I think it's gonna be a great ep! And it's not like I'm being a wet blanket about The Storm, either. Some of you guys are just all bluff and bluster.

Comment

bluff and bluster?????? Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
              bluff and bluster?????? Hmmmmm
              Raining on someone else's parade?

Anyway, I really liked The Storm. It's good to see TPTB paying serious attention to the show and working hard to make it flow. I think they did a hail of a good job in this ep.

Comment

I think they did a hail of a good job in this ep.
                Will it never end?! *melodramatic cry*

Comment

This episode was so... What's the word? Cool. Awesome. Breathtaking. Okay, so technically that's three words, but I loved it so much.

I'll tell you why, but first let me just point out that my prediction (and really, was I expecting anything else?) of "I can't *believe* they ended it like that!" was fairly accurate. *sigh*

Anyway, The Storm. Where to start, where to start? *ponders*

Well, shocker of shockers, I actually liked Weir quite a lot. Especially when she said this: "Aah... Did he just say weather forecasting?" and this: "You wanna build a windmill?". She seemed... a lot more 'loosened up' in this one and I keep my fingers crossed that she continues on that path.

Zalenka and McKay. Brilliance at work, and I loved every second of it. That, and the banter, of course. Got to have the banter.

While trying to come up with some sort of plan:
                  Zalenka: "Well, we could relocate something, put them closer together."
                  McKay: "You're right, if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time! I foolishly left mine on earth, did you bring yours?!"
                  Zalenka: "You know, you're not pleasant when you're like this, McKay."
                  McKay: "I'm always like this."
                  Zalenka: "My point exactly."

The Genii people fighting with the sticks was a bit silly, I thought. It just seemed like a gratuitous way of showing us that Zora really *is* a skilled fighter. I don't know, it just seemed... off. But it's no big deal.

I liked the fact that McKay made Sheppard take care of two of the stations while he and Weir only took one each. And theirs was closer!

McKay: "It's a brisk walk away."
                  Sheppard: "And by 'brisk' you mean... far?"
                  McKay: "And by 'walk' I mean run."

Kolya was a very interesting character, I thought. (I liked the actor who portrayed him, he did a great job.) Ruthless guy. He really didn't have to kill the two guards, as Zora so rightfully pointed out. He didn't hesitate in hurting McKay, either. Poor McKay. I felt so bad for him.

Lots of speculation on who's gonna save Weir, or if she's gonna save herself, I take it. Personally, I'm in the camp that says McKay will point out something to Kolya that he didn't think off. Something about how Weir is needed in order for something or other to work. Then again, Kolya could just take Sheppard up on his offer on the Jumper. But that would be sort of a disappointing resolution.
                  And how does Beckett, Ford and Teyla fit into all of this, again?

Curse you cliffhanger!

January. Are we there yet?
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                    Kolya was a very interesting character, I thought. (I liked the actor who portrayed him, he did a great job.) Ruthless guy. He really didn't have to kill the two guards, as Zora so rightfully pointed out. He didn't hesitate in hurting McKay, either. Poor McKay. I felt so bad for him.
                    Did I mention that I hate his guts?

Originally posted by Liv
                    Lots of speculation on who's gonna save Weir, or if she's gonna save herself, I take it. Personally, I'm in the camp that says McKay will point out something to Kolya that he didn't think off. Something about how Weir is needed in order for something or other to work. Then again, Kolya could just take Sheppard up on his offer on the Jumper. But that would be sort of a disappointing resolution.
                    You don't need Weir to work anything (sorry). And I don't think you can lie about it. You need McKay. Or Sheppard. Or "Kolya doesn't know he's on the mainland" Dr. Beckett.

Kolya knows he needs McKay, too. He glanced at McKay before he pointed his gun at Weir.

Originally posted by Liv
                    And how does Beckett, Ford and Teyla fit into all of this, again?
                    We have 3 months to figure that one out!

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      Did I mention that I hate his guts?
                      Yes, I think I did see that, somewhere.

Kolya knows he needs McKay, too. He glanced at McKay before he pointed his gun at Weir.
                      He did? Have to go check that out. Oh, the trouble of watching this episode again, it just kills me. *grins*

We have 3 months to figure that one out!
                      Three agonizing months!
                      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                        January. Are we there yet?
                        No.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          No.
                          How about now?
                          We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Hoping that Koyla doesn't get bumped off, as happened to our friend Steve, and is able to return to wreck havoc in the future.
                            Kolya is such a fantastic character and the actor playing him is doing a wonderful job, but his character is sort of set up to die. We can't kill Cowen as he's the "main" Genii badguy, so we have to have lesser "big bads" that we can fight.

I have a feeling he's going to meet a nasty end thanks to some lightning strike!

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
                              How about now?
                              Very cute kids, but this'll get old real fast.

Comment

we can think of Cowen being the goul'd and Koyla being the first prime

Comment

Working...
                                X