No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Beckett said, while they were in jumper 2, that the wind was moving at least 110 knots.

Could someone tell me how many mph=1 knot? I am of the old school in American. It is hard for me to convert to the metric system in my head.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      Dr. Beckett said, while they were in jumper 2, that the wind was moving at least 110 knots.

Could someone tell me how many mph=1 knot? I am of the old school in American. It is hard for me to convert to the metric system in my head.

Thanks.
      1 knot = 1.15 mph or 1 nautical mile per hour (not metric).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        Wasn't Beckett needed to fly the Puddle Jumper and help with the evacuation of the mainland?

How many people have the Ancient gene AND can fly the Puddle Jumpers? In "Underground" there must be at least 2 others because Sheppard flew Puddle Jumper One and he had 2 other Jumpers behind him. I can't believe Beckett was flying one of them, but who knows?

That one young guy flying the ship in "Thirty Eight Minutes" must have the gene, right? Maybe he was one of those flying in "Underground".

So the only people we know for sure that can fly Puddle Jumpers are Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, and that one guy.
        True on the Puddle Jumper, that Beckett is one of that special group that has the ATA gene. I guess he took it down to do the innoculations of the "wee babies". Wah. I'm gonna' cry for three months. We all know Weir's not going to die so we can speculate on who saves her until the spoilers start to trickle in.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          So the only people we know for sure that can fly Puddle Jumpers are Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, and that one guy.
          I think that one guy's name is Stackhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Too bad they'll never find him. They're probably too technologically inferior to get Atlantis's sensors online.
            Well couldn't Shepard just kill them all then? I mean he has that "life force detector" so he just has to do what he did to the two guards in the grounding station room.

He'd be unstoppable.

Also..it was kind of weird for him to kill those two don't you think? We've never seen him kill a human before (besides Sumner), I wasn't expecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
              Well couldn't Shepard just kill them all then? I mean he has that "life force detector" so he just has to do what he did to the two guards in the grounding station room.
              Then he would be no better than them. I believe he kill them in self-defense, it look like to me they were going to kill him. He might knock them out and tie them up, to take them out of the action.

Comment

Yeah that's true. Well..how about he just kills Coyla and the guy that cut McCay and we can call it a day.

Oh and about the second Puddle Jumper, couldn't it just put up it's shields (if it has them...) and come back home? Sure it might get blown around a bit..but it wouldn't take damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                  Now, my theories on "The Eye" are that Sora will stop Kolya shooting Weir. They won't get the last grounding station down, so when the storm hits and the lightening starts going off maybe it will be a game of chance in the city. That some of the strikes will go to the grounding station but some others will go through the halls of Atlantis, making it dangerous for Shep and the Genii soilders.
                  I don't think that Sora is going to stop Kolya from shooting Weir. What authority does she have? I think it's going to be McKay.

Think about it. Of the 3 people the Kolya thinks is left on Atlantis, who is the most valuable to him? Not Weir, she's only a diplomat in his eyes. Not Sheppard, he's a warrior and an adversary. The only thing that Sheppard would be good for is to fly the Puddle Jumper. Sheppard doesn't know that Weir has spilled the beans about the Ancient gene. He was making the offer to have himself as the hostage.

I don't know if Kolya has put it together that only people with the Ancient gene can operate the Puddle Jumpers. Remember Kolya's initial goal was to take all the C-4, all the medicines and one Puddle Jumper. Who was going to fly it? Also, I don't know why they wanted just one, since the Genii know we have at least 3. The initial raid wasn't going to be so devastating to Atlantis. Obviously Kolya has taken matters into his own hands.

The most valuable hostage is McKay. Kolya may not know that McKay has the gene therapy Ancient gene, but he knows McKay is the head scientist. He's seen how easy he can get information out of McKay.

McKay must know he's the most valuable, too, if only because of his own opinion of his importance. Just kidding, in this instance, McKay actually is the most important person. He's the only one who can prevent Atlantis from being destroyed.

I think McKay will use that as a bargaining chip. Shoot Weir, and he won't do anything to save Atlantis. Take that, Kolya!

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to integrate Beckett, Teyla and Ford back into the story.

Oh, and remember Sora was in the room when Weir made her speech to Kolya. He may have dismissed Weir, but I think Sora could see that Weir had a point.

Er, did I mention that I hate Kolya's guts?

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                    Yeah that's true. Well..how about he just kills Coyla and the guy that cut McCay and we can call it a day.

Oh and about the second Puddle Jumper, couldn't it just put up it's shields (if it has them...) and come back home? Sure it might get blown around a bit..but it wouldn't take damage.
                    I don't the puddle jumper has shields or Sheppard would have used them by now.

Comment

First off, GREAT episode. Stargate: Atlantis has really come into its own, and I truly enjoy watching the show as much as SG1 (hell, sometimes even moreso these days ).

Wow, Kolya is truly a great villain, I really hate him. It's true, the Genii seem more dangerous than the Wraith right now. For a people with technology less advanced than our own, they're a real pain in the a$$.

I'm guessing that the next episode is called "The Eye" because the group stuck on the mainland will use the eye of the storm somehow to get back to Atlantis. But with a storm of that size, wouldn't it take awhile for the eye to even reach them? Purely speculation here on my part.

So long to wait... I really hate when they do that. I guess it's better than not waiting to start the entire seasons till later though. Enterprise starts Oct. 8, last season was pretty good so maybe it will keep my interest until January.

Plus, I don't really mind rewatching some Atlantis episodes in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        So is this where I say that I hope the Atlantis crew sticks it to them in The Eye? *blinks innocently*
                        Nevermind. I abandon ALL hope for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Oooh......
                          Oh, for crying out loud...[cough]males[cough]

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                            Nevermind. I abandon ALL hope for you.
                            You ever had hope for her?

Comment

I betcha part two will be nice and tense and actiony and then in a blink The Eye will be over.

Muahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                You ever had hope for her?
                                It was late, I was tired...no, I suppose I didn't. Good point

Comment

Working...
                                X