No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'd most likely use the Earth system because it's the only one they know. I doubt the scientists have delved deep enough in to the Ancients' computer records to find something like their hurricane scale. Comparing the Ancients' scale to Earth's would be an interesting way to guesstimate the range in magnitude of the planet's storms, though.

Allison

Comment

Yeah that storm(s) is/are huge. I bet it would be off the Earth's scale measurement. A great plot device though, and man were they lucky in the timing of it in regards to real life stuff.

Comment

You wanna see a real storm, check out Jupiter's Red Spot. Now THAT is a storm....

Comment

I'm waiting for the redhead and Teyla to fight. I want Teyla to kick her ash! Then when she wins they can make up and be friends

Comment

Originally posted by Sy'onei
            I'm waiting for the redhead and Teyla to fight. I want Teyla to kick her ash! Then when she wins they can make up and be friends
            Spoiler:

I seriously doubt that 'friends' will enter into the equation after that knife fight is over.
            Last edited by Major Fischer; 24 September 2004, 01:36 PM.

Comment

It is a strong storm ok, but still for the moment it has not moved Beckett's jumper. I say for the moment, looks to me like a strong Earth hurricane. Tayla says it's in full force, mmm...

Nothing to worry so much about as regards strongly built Atlantis, and for the Athosians, well, they didn't have a cavern or something, or they were not able to dig a hole in somme woody valley?

I haven't even seen anybody leaning against the wind for the moment.
              No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                Spoiler:
                I seriously doubt that 'friends' will enter into the equation after that knife fight is over.
                Excuse me, is this a spoiler? Pardon me while I cover my eyes and mumble to myself. "Didn't want to know, didn't want to know... "

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                  Excuse me, is this a spoiler? Pardon me while I cover my eyes and mumble to myself. "Didn't want to know, didn't want to know... "
                  My apologies. I went back and put the appropriate spoiler tags in place. I didn't think about it as I was replying to a post that also had no spoiler tag. My bad.

Comment

Wow... I just realized what great/ terrible timing the airing of "The Storm" was while typing up my article for the school magazine. See, I missed the first airing because of hurricane Ivan and our stupid little wild goose chase all around Western PA. Yeah... I'm very observant
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Better late than never, but no more useful:

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                      of 'The Storm'

This was a good episode. Right from the start with Sheppard and Teyla discovering the approaching storm (oooh... scary!). I liked pretty much everything in this episode, even though it felt like mostly build-up (I bet the next ep will be great!).

McKay and Zelenka's chattering ("Reasons too boring to get into"... Heh heh. Good ol' McKay...) was fun. The Genii's appearance was promising - I'm really liking them as bad guys at this point. The commander guy (Koya? Kolya?) was great - cold b**tard. (If a bit of an idiot - yes us people from another galaxy are closer to the Ancients than you. They seeded our galaxy first, remember? We're at least a couple of thousand years further along on the evolutionary chain, thus closer to becoming what the Ancients were. Well, that's my interpretation anyway...). But I did enjoy his interaction with Sheppard.

The girl whose name I can't remember whose father got killed in 'Underground' - I wonder what's up with her. She's obviously out for revenge against Teyla, and yet she seems more compassionate than the others. I can't wait to see what's going with happen to her. Right now, I'm betting either she or Ko(l)ya (or perhaps both) will get killed in the next episode.

Another good thing: We got to see parts of the city we haven't seen before (that bridge and other places Sheppard was walking through), which is always fun. And the lightning rod thingie that he was going to deactivate was outside. We should see more outsides Atlantis stuff - there must be streets in the city, right?

Well, that's all. I can't wait for (sigh...) next year, when we get to see the resolution to this story. The build-up has been great. Until then:

GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Cliffhanger! Evil! EVIL!!!
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Oh, I had planned to mention this but I forgot: I bet that when I go back and read what everyone else said about this episode, there will be a lot of "clever" remarks from the Weir haters... ("I hope he does shoot her! But with my luck, that's probably not gonna happen... Bwa ha ha, I'm so great!")

EDIT: Whaddoya know, nobody did. At least in this thread. Shucks...
                        Last edited by Ugly Pig; 26 September 2004, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Oh, I had planned to mention this but I forgot: I bet that when I go back and read what everyone else said about this episode, there will be a lot of "clever" remarks from the Weir haters... ("I hope he does shoot her! But with my luck, that's probably not gonna happen... Bwa ha ha, I'm so great!")
                          There was actually quite a bit less of that than I expected myself.

As for me, I've got The Storm on a VHS tape sitting on my desk like an unholy temptation but I have't watched it yet. I hate cliffhangers and I kinda figure sometime closer to January I'll sit down to watch it.

Comment

As for me, I've got The Storm on a VHS tape sitting on my desk like an unholy temptation but I have't watched it yet. I hate cliffhangers and I kinda figure sometime closer to January I'll sit down to watch it.
                            They'll probably show it again the week before the winter premire.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              They'll probably show it again the week before the winter premire.
                              I'm sure they will, it's a bit of an exercise in self control having the tape sitting on my desk and seeing how long it'll be before I break down and watch it.

Comment

I'm sure they will, it's a bit of an exercise in self control having the tape sitting on my desk and seeing how long it'll be before I break down and watch it.
                                You realize, of course, that you will have been thoroughly spoiled by the time you watch it?

Comment

Working...
                                X