The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Maybe he'd been chased up a tree by a bunch of thugs.
    Or locked in a deadly cube with a thug.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Imagine being almost hit by lightning!
      I don't have to imagine it; I was indirectly struck by lightning. I was a kid, in the summer kitchen on the farm, on the phone - rotary dial - when lightning struck the telephone pole. The force literally blew me across the room! The box remained secured to the wall but my big brothers(who were white as ghosts and uncharacteristically solicitous) had to pry the handset from my hand, which seemed to have welded itself around the phone.

One of those "ignorance is bliss" things; being a kid, I thought it was a totally cool experience, like something that only happened to my sci-fi heros.
      Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        I don't have to imagine it; I was indirectly struck by lightning. I was a kid, in the summer kitchen on the farm, on the phone - rotary dial - when lightning struck the telephone pole. The force literally blew me across the room! The box remained secured to the wall but my big brothers(who were white as ghosts and uncharacteristically solicitous) had to pry the handset from my hand, which seemed to have welded itself around the phone.

One of those "ignorance is bliss" things; being a kid, I thought it was a totally cool experience, like something that only happened to my sci-fi heros.
        Glad you're okay, Tok'Ra. I sure don't want to be struck by lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          McKay's had a lot of traumatic experiences, hasn't he? Imagine being almost hit by lightning! I wonder if he was doing a science experiment?
          Maybe he'd been chased up a tree by a bunch of thugs.
          Or locked in a deadly cube with a thug.
          Or wishing for something to happen in a world of Nothing.

Excuse me, so off topic!

I wonder if we'll get to hear the rest of the lightning story someday? McKay just can't leave us hanging!

And I really want Zelenka to show up more often. McKay and Zelenka have a great give and take. The writers must know how much we love our recurring characters!

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Well anyway it's supposed to be a strong wind, whatever you call it. Yet for the moment I have seen nobody leaning against the wind.

There should be huge waves and some salted water on their faces too, when they go outside. If Atlantis is in danger because of that, it's more fragile than our off-shore oil-mining stations.

The jumper on the continent is not even jolted, so why evacuate? It's only rain with lightnings.

If that's what they call a storm, I can take them on a few places on Earth to show them what a really bad weather is!

Oh my! Such a lack of budget and shooting time, the directors can't even make the characters lean against a strong wind! Not even wuthering wind sound effects...
            No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
            I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
            Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

I thought the Storm hadn't actually reached them yet. Although it might have been nice to see Teyla's crew getting batted around as they tried to board the PJ.

I wanna see someone get sucked right off the porch.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex
                Yes, hurricanes only go up to Category Five.

I had a bunch of problems with this STUPID episode:
                (1) hurricanes CANNOT MERGE -- they repulse each other
                (2) hurricanes have very little lightning -- the whole idea of powering the shields from lightning strikes was STUPID
                (The writers really needed to have a meterologist as a consultant)
                (3) why call it a 'hurricane' -- that word is only used in the North Atlantic, and the Atlantis team is supposed to be International. They should have called it a 'tropical cyclone'.

And why could they not used a bunch of puddlejumpers to evacuate everyone to somewhere else on the planet or up above the storm and wait it out without involving other people they know little about?

Plus, it seemed way out of character for the Atlantis team to threaten others in order to compel them to provide refuge.

Bad episode.
                On Earth, you are right that hurricanes can not merge.

They can merge on the planet where Altantis is. My reasoning: Different planet, different circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  On Earth, you are right that hurricanes can not merge.

They can merge on the planet where Altantis is. My reasoning: Different planet, different circumstances.
                  Well, I don't know about that. The laws of physics are pretty much the same all over. That's why humans are able to exist on the planets that they inhabit.

I guess if I was weather aware, this would bug me, too. I just take it as dramatic license.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

**arrrhhheemmmm-bates-cough*cough*

Spoiler:
                    [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
                    [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
                    [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
                    ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
                      I thought Kolya would be a good candidate!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
                        BTW, was Bates in this ep?
                        Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          I thought Kolya would be a good candidate!
                          Nope, Koyla's should suffer more, it's not cruel enough (I clearly remember *someone* writing something about hating his guts ..)

Don't think so...

Spoiler:
                          [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

LyneSparrow

Comment

No... But he was responsible for having made a deal with the people who betrayed Atlantis to the Genii... It's all his fault!
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Have Crazy Girl get sucked off the deck and then Teyla has to rescue her. And everyone lives happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                                No... But he was responsible for having made a deal with the people who betrayed Atlantis to the Genii... It's all his fault!
                                (waving hand and jumping up and down ) Oh, I know, I know! Sheppard hid the C4 in Bates backpack! Since it's all Bates' fault Shep's just going to go : Hey, Bates, look! An Athosian spy! Then he'll lock the door (yeah, the Ancients do have locks... duh...) of a room where Koyla just *happens* to be, then KABOOM!.. they'll fly out of the window right into the ocean (happy Watcher ?? )
                                I've got to stop being so mean...

Spoiler:

LyneSparrow

Comment

Working...
                                X