No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugh is just so talented, handsome, funny, humble....*sigh*...Nayari knows that I am a little obsessed fan (well, like you wouldn´t say from my avatar)
    But David is great, too. It´s just with David being Czech and the fact that I saw him at Czech conventions and met him few times outside the official convention parts makes him more, I don´t know...well known, while Hugh is the ultimate movie star who I haven´t met yet. If it makes sense

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ever,wicked Radek pic. Hmm....Radek looks a bit miffed. Wonder if no hot babe helped Radek blow out his birthday candle. hehe I'm a just a tad cheeky tonight. Did anyone notice? lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
        sigpic

Comment

Here's another chappy for ya lovelies. Remember:unbetaed,whumpy,snarky,minor foul language,and came from my brain. lol }:O
          Spoiler:

The Scot pauses his conversation long enough to insert a chest drain into Radek’s right side. McKay swallows thickly at the rush of blood and fluid and his 2IC’s groan of pain.
          “Beckett did it to help him breathe better.” The Canadian nods dumbly at Ronon’s observation and swallows convulsively again.
          “All will be well Rodney. Carson is the best healer in two galaxies. Trust in his abilities.” A faint smile wobbles on the exhausted physicist’s dirty face. McKay nods appreciatively at his teammates; glancing up, he briefly makes eye contact with Sheppard then Beckett. The Scot dips his head back at his friend, a tiny smile gracing his tired face. His face tightens when he listens to Radek’s breathing. Shaking his head, Beckett grabs an intubation kit from his medic and quickly intubates the Czech. The Jumper’s back hatch lowers and the Lantean medical team swarm into the tight space. Beckett relays orders as the crew heft Radek’s stretcher onto a gurney then races to the infirmary. Team Sheppard slowly follows, the teammates keeping close to their scientist. The infirmary doors slide open and the team watches Radek’s gurney rush into the OR suite. Dr. Biro descends on the group.
          “Col. Sheppard, Dr. McKay, Ronon, Teyla, it’s good to see you’ve returned relatively unscathed. Do you have any injuries to report?” They shake their heads ‘no’, still fixated on the OR suite doors. A sympathetic smile creases the pathologist’s face.
          “How about we get your post mission checks done then you can shower?” Biro waves over several nurses and whispers orders as the exhausted team remain rooted to the spot. Concern mars Biro’s features as the post mission checks proceed without a complaint from Team Sheppard; usually twelve insults from McKay and five loud derisive snorts from Ronon echo throughout the infirmary within the first two minutes of their post mission checks. Biro checks over Teyla’s gash and admires her CMO’s handiwork. She quickly injects a tetanus booster and sends the Athosian leader to the showers. Biro grins at the men clustered around McKay’s bed; the three men look like little boys overtired on their first sleepover. She administers a quick finger stick and discovers McKay’s blood sugar dropping. He scowls at the glucose tablets she drops into his shaking hand.
          “Bottoms up Dr. McKay. Knock those back and we’ll get some trays for you guys.” McKay opens his mouth to argue when Teyla reappears from the showers. She removes the plastic wrap covering her injury and raises an eyebrow at the seething scientist.
          “Are you well Rodney?”
          “No I’m not Teyla. Radek’s probably dying in the OR right now all because we weren’t fast enough.” Teyla nods at Sheppard’s mouthed ‘low blood sugar’. She casually hands McKay a cup of water and motions for him to drink.
          “You must keep up your strength Rodney. Please consume the glucose tablets then go take a shower. I will go to the mess hall and bring you something to eat.” McKay nods and crunches down the tablets, making a ‘yuck’ face.
          “C’mon little man. Race you to the showers.”
          “You better not hog all of the hot water Conan.”
          “It’s Atlantis Rodney. We have unlimited hot water ya know.”
          “Whatever Sheppard. Hey!! No running in the infirmary!!” Biro and Teyla snicker as McKay trots after his teammates.
          “I’ve got trays coming Teyla.”
          “I thought as much Dr. Biro. Thank you for your assistance. I will go to my quarters and check on Torren and Kanaan then return. I will not be long.” Biro sighs as she realizes the exhausted team’s vigil has just begun.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            Hugh is just so talented, handsome, funny, humble....*sigh*...Nayari knows that I am a little obsessed fan (well, like you wouldn´t say from my avatar)
            But David is great, too. It´s just with David being Czech and the fact that I saw him at Czech conventions and met him few times outside the official convention parts makes him more, I don´t know...well known, while Hugh is the ultimate movie star who I haven´t met yet. If it makes sense
            Yeah.....it makes sense!
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Here's some of the conventions David has coming up. The first one started today and while I can't be sure, I think David is the only guest at it - having problems getting a main convention link other than this one! How awesome would that be - all that time watching David on stage or visiting with fans - so cool!

http://nykl.eventbrite.com/

www.timegatecon.org/guests.htm

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-FNf...gate_atlantis/
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 March 2012, 04:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

David really needs someone to help him keep his fans updated on his creative endeavors..... I found this by accident...haven't watch it yet so not sure how big David's part is...but David is in it and he's a baddie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKz3sDBvmY0

:edit: I'm watching now - David's first appearance is 39 minutes into the movie.

Spoiler:
                his character is kind of creepy. He has the low, slow voice...and he does one of my favorite things that he does...the eye switch from ho hum....to evil glint in a split second!

Apparently David's role is really really small.....

Another edit: All done. Not a bad movie for youtube. David's role is small but pivatol to the plot. The movie ends with David's character! I love it when David gets to be the baddie!
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 March 2012, 07:05 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links Rosehawk!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

*squeaks* New thing to watch!!!! *races off*

David as a baddie? MMMMMMMMMhawt......

Spoiler:
                    he was so sexy in Act of War even though he was a sleazy baddie.

Comment

Watched the Youtube vid ya posted Rosehawk...David did an amazing job (duh!). For those of you reading my latest bit o' nonsense,I'm posting it on ff.net but you guys will have first reading rights (so to speak) as I'll still be posting here before it goes to ff.net. Thanks for reading thus far (and thanks David for inspiring my muse). More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                      sigpic

Comment

Alright lovelies,here's my latest bit o' fic. Hope ya enjoy. }:O
                        Spoiler:

Four and a half hours pass before an exhausted Scot gently awakens Team Sheppard.
                        “Radek’s holding his own. One of his ribs punctured his right lung so he’ll be sporting a chest drain for a few days. A broken left arm and deep muscle bruising to both legs is gonna leave Radek in a fair bit of pain for awhile. I’ve stitched several deep lacerations as well. Barring complications, Radek should be in the main ward in two to three days.”
                        “Thank you Carson for taking such good care of Radek.”
                        “Aye lass, just doing ma part. Now, I know ya wanna see Radek so I’ll allow ya lot to visit for a couple of minutes only and no lip from any of ya. If I or ma staff tell ya to move or leave, ya do it alright? Good. Let’s get ya back to have a peek then to bed with ya. Try not to make too much noise alright?” Team Sheppard quietly follows their CMO into the ICU. Radek lays pale and swathed in bandages; his legs carefully elevated to reduce swelling. The chest tube leaks blood and other fluids out of his damaged lung. Radek’s casted left arm rests on elevated pillows. Bruises mar his otherwise pale skin. A thin line of stitches runs diagonally across Radek’s right eyebrow. A nasal cannula drapes under the Czech’s nose.
                        “Alright lads and lass, ya’ve had your peek. I’ve got to debrief Mr. Woolsey before I go off duty. Off to bed for ya now.” Beckett’s gentle tone belies the steel under his statement. McKay carefully reaches over and pats his 2IC’s right arm, muttering softly to the slumbering scientist. Teyla adds her own Athosian prayer and gently squeezes his right hand. Ronon whispers a Satedan mantra for strength before exiting the ICU. Sheppard cautiously squeezes Radek’s good shoulder.
                        “Glad we got ya out Radek. Don’t give Carson or Rodney any more grey hair okay?” Satisfied with his pronouncement, Sheppard slowly leaves the injured scientist in their CMO’s capable hands.
                        Several days pass in a blur for the injured Czech. Hot desert temperatures battle with severe Arctic cold before both slowly fade away, leaving Radek utterly exhausted. He grunts as something cold and metallic slips passed his thin gown. Radek blinks groggily at the blurry blob in front of him.
                        “Alright lad, the chest tube’s gone. A deep breath for me. Good. And again. Again.” Radek furrows his brow at the lilting blob, trying to place the accent.
                        “Are ya in pain son?” Radek shakes his head ‘no’ at blobby…no…Carson. The Czech grins at the bemused Scot. Radek inhales as deeply as he can, trying to absorb the scents of the infirmary…of Atlantis…of home. He swallows thickly as memories of the complex’s collapse rush back.
                        “Would you like an ice chip lad?” Radek nods and a little slice of heaven slides into his parched mouth. A second chip gives Radek enough moisture to speak.
                        “Others?”
                        “All accounted for. You and Lt. Hamilton were the only two injured in the cave in.”
                        “What injuries to Lt. Hamilton?”
                        “A broken arm and leg. Some internal bleeding that was corrected surgically. He’s asked about you several times.”
                        “Please tell the lieutenant ‘thank you’ for saving my life.”
                        “I can do that lad. Now, there’s a whole group of people cluttering ma infirmary, chief among them an irritated Canadian hell bent on making sure ‘ma voodoo rattle is rattling the right way’ whatever the bloody hell that means. Are ya up for a wee visit with a few of ‘em?” Radek smiles his consent, trying unsuccessfully to blink away his grogginess and blurry vision. A small, warm hand gently squeezes his good shoulder before handing him his eyeglasses.
                        “It is good to see you awake Dr. Zele…uh Radek.”
                        “Is good to be awake Teyla.”
                        “Would you like another ice chip?”
                        “Yes please.” Radek sighs happily as the frozen particles coat his throat. Teyla rolls her eyes at the loud argument between McKay and Sheppard. She clears her throat and arches an eyebrow at the pair; Radek snickers at the pair’s sudden silence. His eyes connect with Ronon’s amused hazel ones and the Satedan nods a greeting.
                        “Hey Doc, good to see ya back with us.”
                        “Is good to be back Colonel.”
                        “Glad you’re back with us Zelenka. McKay’s been screeching like a half grown drennark.” All eyes focus on the Satedan’s statement and Teyla’s snickers.
                        “Drennark are large noisy birds found on several worlds,” Teyla explains. Radek chuckles then grimaces at the pain in his ribs. Beckett tuts and injects pain medication into one of Radek’s IV lines.
                        “Alright lads and lass, I’m afraid visiting time’s over for now. If Radek’s up to it later, ya can poke your heads in alright?” Quiet goodbyes are uttered by everyone but McKay. The Scot scowls at his best friend when he plops into the hard plastic chair next to Radek’s bed.
                        “Shoo Carson. Radek and I have real science issues to discuss. Go polish your stethoscope okay?”
                        “Rodney, don’t agitate Radek. He needs his rest. Any loud yapping on your part will land you a full physical six months early. Are we clear?”
                        “Yes Carson. Now go polish your stethoscope or sand some tongue depressors okay?” Radek snickers at the Scot’s muttered ‘irritating bampot’ as he walks away.
                        “How are you feeling Radek? Carson keeping you well doped up?” Radek smiles at his friend’s soft questions.
                        “Yes. Plenty of good drugs.”
                        “Good. Good. I..uh..just wanted to make sure you were doing okay all things considered. Take the rest of the week off and rest up your brain cells. I wanna know everything that happened back on DN2-712 but only when you can stay awake for longer than five minutes. Keep getting better Radek. I need you at your best to help me keep our space monkeys from blowing up our labs and Atlantis.” McKay rolls his eyes but grins at Radek’s soft snores. The Canadian carefully pats Radek’s good shoulder then slips out of the infirmary.
                        sigpic

Comment

Crimson, I LOVE how you write Rodney and Radek together. You have a strong sense of their relationship to each other. Not to mention, Carson's effin' ADORABLE. I love grumpy Doc.

I have two jobs - and the job I was worried about just cleared me for the convention. I'm not worried about my other job clearing me so the only thing between me and Chicago is 4.5 months. Oh, and a plane ride. #afraidofflying But it's for David, so.... Bring on the Bailey's! (Yes, I learned that having a single alcoholic drink on a plane really eases off the panic)

Comment

*grins* Thanks for your lovely comment Nayari. I've been worried about how well I wrote the snark between those two...and who can resist adorable,worried,scruffy Carson? Glad you're enjoying the story. Hmm...I'm still having a little difficulty coming up with birthday gifts for our fearless hero (minds outta the gutter ya cheeky monkeys!) so any suggestions will be gratefully considered. Nayari, that's awesome you're going to see David in a few months!! *high fives ya for all of your hard work* Just think cheeky Czech thoughts during your flight...it'll help at least relax you and put a smile on your face. hehe More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*snickers* Thanks for the lovely pic Ever. I'm just looking at the smile on Radek's face and where he's got his hands positioned and my poor innocent brain cell exploded. hehe More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X