Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gypsydiver View Post
    Hey, guys. ^^ Looong time lurker, I thought you guys might appreciate this Radek-centric songvid I slapped together tonight. It's not the best, but...

http://youtu.be/9VRCQMLcMXI

Hope you all enjoy - I know you guys can appreciate all the yumminess. I pretty much squee'd the whole time making it!
    Nice! We need to fill YouTube with Zelenka and David Nykl videos!

Welcome onboard to Zelenka's Thunk Thread!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yes, let's do that, please! Though Youtube tends to mess with my quality, the cuts are a lot rougher. Maybe it's just me.

I want to do a totally Radek filled video and put in all the scenes I couldn't in the first one, but am having a more difficult time finding a song... if anyone has any suggestions? Upbeat is best.

As for favorite episodes...
      I'm really fond of The Storm, because he's cute when he gets all excited.
      This Mortal Coil has evil!Radek, which is pretty much the greatest thing ever, plus that touching scene at the end with Rodney.
      And I recently decided I love First Contact/Lost Tribe. I watched it again just recently, and the quote, "The math I'm using is so complicated, I don't know if I can dumb it down enough to make sense," seriously made me laugh out loud. D'aww!
      But my favorites really change weekly... ^^;

Comment

Yes, let's do that, please! Though Youtube tends to mess with my quality, the cuts are a lot rougher. Maybe it's just me.

I want to do a totally Radek filled video and put in all the scenes I couldn't in the first one, but am having a more difficult time finding a song... if anyone has any suggestions? Upbeat is best.
        I struggle with trying to find the right song for Zelenka too!

Most of the other character videos I've made, the idea for the song hits me but with Zelenka...I find it's alot tougher, probably because I spend more time looking for just the right song.

With the last video I made, there was a song that just kept playing on the radio, over and over again..and the more I listen the more I thought it might work and then I found a version of the song that did work!

As for favorite episodes...
        I'm really fond of The Storm, because he's cute when he gets all excited.
        lol....that exactly what I think! He so cute and excited and he and Rodney play off each other really really well!

This Mortal Coil has evil!Radek, which is pretty much the greatest thing ever, plus that touching scene at the end with Rodney.
        That scene at the end was one of the best and most touching moments of SGA. I liked how it showed how much the two really were friends, even if typically on a good day Rodney is pretty abusive towards Radek.

And I recently decided I love First Contact/Lost Tribe. I watched it again just recently, and the quote, "The math I'm using is so complicated, I don't know if I can dumb it down enough to make sense," seriously made me laugh out loud. D'aww!
        But my favorites really change weekly... ^^;
        First Contact/Lost Tribe were two shows that were really really good with lots of Zelenka doing some really great things, things we usually see Rodney doing!
        sigpic

Comment

oops!
          sigpic

Comment

Was your last video Dynamite? That is just the best video, really. I love that song, it just makes me want to dance, it was a great choice!

Comment

Was your last video Dynamite? That is just the best video, really. I love that song, it just makes me want to dance, it was a great choice!
              If you are referring to the video 'Totally Zelenka' with the song Dynamite...yeah, that was me.

Thanks for the kind words! I was really looking for something upbeat and fun which is how I see Zelenka and David Nykl! So it's really cool to get nice feedback!

I made it for a video competition for the Vancouver convention this past April. Almost didn't happen cause I really had a hard time finding a song! Lots of ideas but none of them seemed just right....I must have heard this song on the radio at least 100 times and the funny thing is...once I made the video..I hardly ever hear it on the radio anymore! Go figure!

David got to see it at the convention and he like it so that helped an already good day go even better!
              sigpic

Comment

That must feel really good to know that the main character of your video liked it! That would be so gratifying.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                  That must feel really good to know that the main character of your video liked it! That would be so gratifying.
                  Yea, it is very gratifying...it's gives me warm fuzzies on the inside and a big smile on the outside!

That's probably the scariest, most nerve wracking part of any creative endeavor is that the person/character who is the main focus of the video and how their reaction would be. The audience's reaction is the second most scariest/nerve wracking thing and their reaction was a nice too!

Zelenka just rocks!
                  sigpic

Comment

hello gang Rose, when will the DVD be out?, i'm all excited waiting for it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      hello gang Rose, when will the DVD be out?, i'm all excited waiting for it
                      You mean the 'Zelenka Rocks' video??

Or 'The Beast of Bottomless Lake'??

Beastie should be out on DVD sometime in late July - that's when they are having a DVD party and they are showing it for the last time on the Big screen in Vancouver though the movie channel in Canada has the rights to the TV which unfortunely means it will only get shown in Western Canada which is a bummer of most of us Nykl fans.

You do need to pre-order the DVD in order to get it. If you haven't done so already, click on the link in my siggie and it will tell you how to get a copy!

It was a fun movie but now I'm bummed because there isn't much that we are hearing that David is doing other than conventions here and there.

Edit - Wow..if it does come in at the end of July or first part of August I can take it to Chicago with me and maybe have a fun fan viewing of the movie in one of the hotel rooms! *sweet* !
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks Rose, but i have siggies and avvies turned off, trying to make the site faster, go slow issues at the mo, but ill nip on Amazon to see if they have it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          thanks Rose, but i have siggies and avvies turned off, trying to make the site faster, go slow issues at the mo, but ill nip on Amazon to see if they have it
                          I don't think it will be sold on Amazon, at least not at this time.

Below is the contact information. Give them your name and address. They will contact you when it's ready and you don't have to pay until they get ready to ship.

E-mail them at [email protected] Tell them how many you want and the format (NTSC, PAL, or Blu-Ray). Let them know the region or they will assume NTSC region zero.

Prices are: Regular NTSC and PAL will be$25.90 plus tax ($29 total). Blu-Rays if available will be $34.82 plus tax ($39 total). Shipping charges will be based on where on you location. Costs are in Canadian dollars.

Costs may seem slightly high..they had to find a local company to make the DVD's as the company that makes the majority of DVD's in the industry was hit hard in the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan.

I just got an update and it looks like they may be mailed out the end of June. They are working on some fun extras!
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 30 May 2011, 02:52 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it just the initial run of DVDs? I'm probably not going to have the spare income til later - I'm saving up for Dragon*con. (Yay, Nykl's a confirmed guest! Exciting!) So I don't know if I can order one before the first shipping.

Comment

thankyou Rose, and thats about the prices they charge here for a DVD anyway
                              sigpic

Comment

Is it just the initial run of DVDs? I'm probably not going to have the spare income til later - I'm saving up for Dragon*con. (Yay, Nykl's a confirmed guest! Exciting!) So I don't know if I can order one before the first shipping.
                                It's the first run as far as I know. Even if money's tight I'd still e-mail them and let them know you want one...just let them know you when you can pay. It will help them plan for future DVD runs and at least get you on a waiting list!

I saw David was going to Dragon*con! You will have alot of fun meeting him!

Originally posted by pookey
                                thankyou Rose, and thats about the prices they charge here for a DVD anyway
                                Really?? Wow..guess we've been a tad bit luck in the States with DVD prices, they are usually slightly cheaper depending on the movie!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X