No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, hopefully this week for the fic. Life is crazy this week. In Laws coming, grandbaby being born, lots of stuff!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ever,hope all goes well with your in laws coming to visit and a grandbaby being born. Get us the fic when ya can...we need as much Zelenka fics as we can find or write!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
      sigpic

Comment

Alright gang,it's someone's birthday and I promised to post my daftness in honor of David's birthday. It's whump,unbetaed, minor foul language,and came from my brain. You have been warned. lol }:O
        Spoiler:

Happy Whump Day to You
        DN2-712, an abandoned planet according to the Ancient database, yields a veritable treasure trove of Ancient tech. Excitement buzzes through geeks and goons alike when a long lost lab reveals itself to Major Lorne’s team. Evan refuses to acknowledge their good luck is due to one of his geeks, one Dr. David Parrish, tripping over a large “tree root” to get to the Pegasus version of a rare glowing pineapple moss plant. Instead, Major Lorne contents himself with geek sitting once the hard scientists descend on the new discovery. Dr. Radek Zelenka grins excitedly as the lab’s treasures slowly reveal themselves. The Czech’s eyes widen when a lieutenant with the ATA gene stumbles into a closet stuffed with Jumper drones. An ear to ear grin splits Zelenka’s face when his drone count reaches forty five. His grin slips when the strident tones of one Dr. Rodney McKay pierces the hushed air.
        “Seriously Zelenka? Trying to keep this quiet when you know I’m the foremost expert on…well everything? Not to mention I’m your boss and you should’ve reported this straight away…are you even listening to me? Anybody home in Zelenkaland?” Radek takes several deep breaths, silently recites his favorite dirty limericks, then turns to his boss.
        “Ah Rodney, finally come down from pedestal to walk among normal people. I was just about to report to Atlantis and give update but since you are here in flesh and not just in my nightmares, I’ll update you now.” Sheppard snickers as he stands in the drone room and whistles appreciatively at the new found weapon cache. McKay scowls but listens attentively to Zelenka’s report.
        “Hm..well nothing’s been blown up yet so it’s a good thing I got here when I did. Radek, have you thought about..”
        “Establishing grid search to document progress and finds? Yes.”
        “What about…”
        “Using ATA gene carriers to open rooms? Of course, I did not receive my doctorates in Cracker Jack boxes.”
        “That’s debatable. Sheppard, don’t touch anything!! You can fondle your drones when we get home. Seriously, what is with you Colonel Catastrophe? Too much hair gel?” A one finger salute answers the Canadian’s acerbic rant. Radek smirks at Ronon Dex’s eye roll and Teyla’s quiet chuckle. Fingers snapping half an inch from his nose draws a growl from the Czech.
        “Oh that’s mature, Radek’s added growling to his arsenal of bad vodka and bookmaking. Who wants to bet on number of growls per hour?” Radek curls his lip and grunts loudly.
        “McKay, don’t piss off Zelenka. He’s doing a good job. This place is massive. Radek, do ya know how many rooms we’re dealing with yet?”
        “We have barely scratched the surface Colonel. We know there are close to sixty rooms and large spaces but only a few have been examined in any detail. Plus there could be shielded areas our equipment hasn’t penetrated. We could be studying here for days, possibly weeks.” Sheppard shakes his head in mock exasperation at the twin geek grins of joy. Ronon snickers when Lorne mutters a heartfelt “holy crap, you’ve gotta be kidding.”
        “Alright, head geeks. Do your thing.”
        “Eloquent as always Sheppard. “ McKay and Zelenka quickly go over the Czech’s grid pattern and deploy teams of geeks and goons. Ten minutes later, Sheppard rolls his eyes.
        “Problems kids?”
        “I thought I’d make my own wager with my wily Czech friend. One that doesn’t involve grunts, growls…you know grunt speak.”
        “Get to the point McKay or I may shoot you. Or I’ll let Ronon stun you.”
        “Right. I bet Radek that my teams will discover more Ancient tech than his cuz hello genius? How can I not win?”
        “Such a petty little man. If loud mouth could power Atlantis, ZPMs would become obsolete.”
        “What’s the prize for the winning teams Rodney?”
        “Hmm…we actually didn’t get that far. I’ll think of something wickedly cool.”
        “Perhaps the winning team gets to name this facility.”
        “That’s a great idea Teyla. Rodney? Radek? Sound good to you?” Affirmative nods from the bickering duo makes Sheppard grin.
        “Let me just say naming rights go to the teams’ leader and no cheating.” Sheppard smacks McKay on the shoulder.
        “Play nice Rodney. It’s just an Ancient device treasure hunt. We’re all professionals here so cheating’s not an issue. Now whose team am I on?”
        “Has all of your hair gel hardened and squeezed the life out of your last brain cell? You’re on my team. Duh.”
        “I’m with Sheppard and McKay.”
        “I will assist Dr. Zelenka.” Radek grins at Teyla.
        “I’ll protect the Doc Sir.”
        “Didn’t wanna help Parrish with the fascinating glowing Pegasus pineapple moss growing on the south side of the complex huh Major?”
        “Uh no Sir. Teyla and I will keep the Doc safe. And may the best teams win.” Lorne snaps off a crisp salute to his CO then watches McKay grab an unsuspecting tech to form their crack team’s fourth member. Lorne waves over the lieutenant who fell into the drone room and makes him their teammate. Radek nods appreciatively at his team members.
        “Let’s kick their asses Doc.” Radek grins as Team Zelenka begins their hunt for Ancient treasure, traveling in the opposite direction of Team McKay.
        sigpic

Comment

Alright lovelies,I'll post part 2 of David's birthday fic tomorrow...it'll give me some time to focus on the next bits. And it'll allow you guys to read,snicker,roll your eyes,and run screaming from your homes. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            That's ok. I've only got about half my shippy fic written. And I'm sure my fic is much shorter than yours is.
            So we get to read soon???!!!

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
            TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!

......and I'm stuck at work from 10-2 and have a doctor's appointment at 4:45......

CAKE TONIGHT PERHAPS!!!! (And maybe I'll whip up a oneshot fic if I think of something today).

HAPPY 45TH, DAVID!!!

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
            *smirks* Ever,I started out writing a ficlet for David's birthday. But my whump muse got ahold of me and a proper whump fic will debut later this evening. *points to David* My whump muse loves Radek and I thoroughly enjoyed David bringing Radek to life. Happy Birthday David!! I hope this year brings you plenty of personal and professional achievement!! Ever,I look forward to reading your story!! Thanks Rosehawk for making such a wicked vid for David's birthday!! Nayari,good luck with your doctor's appt! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O

Well, hopefully this week for the fic. Life is crazy this week. In Laws coming, grandbaby being born, lots of stuff!
            Congradulations on the grandbaby!
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Nice fanfic so far Crimsonravenwolf!

And just what treasure will there be to find!
              sigpic

Comment

great fic Crimson, keep it up
                sigpic

Comment

*blushes and scuffs toe in the dirt* Thanks lovelies!! Actually thank David Nykl for bringing Radek to life so I can whump our favorite Czech engineer. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Hullo lovelies!! I'll post another bit o' fic for your enjoyment.
                    Spoiler:

Three hours and almost eighteen rooms later, Radek calls a meal break. A semi permanent grin dances across the engineer’s grimy face.
                    “It is good to see you smiling Dr. Zelenka. It suits you,” Teyla announces as they eat MREs and guzzle water from their canteens.
                    “Teyla, please call me Radek. Is good to be out of labs for awhile. Major, does this count as off world experience for monthly quota?” Lorne smirks at Zelenka’s hopeful expression. The senior staff developed a schedule for all civilians and non Gate team military personnel to have some off world experience, preferably every month (barring crises).
                    “Sure Doc. Don’t see why not. Hey Hamilton, ya like being off world?” The team looks at Lt. Hamilton.
                    “It’s okay for babysitting I suppose. Rather be on a real Gate team even better. Gotta start somewhere right Major?” Lorne grinds his teeth at the lieutenant’s barely concealed insolence.
                    “When we’re assigned to scientist protection duty, we do it well and hope we don’t see any action.”
                    “Be nice to see some action Major. Can’t some other newbies be assigned here so we can get more Pegasus field action? You know, to get assigned to a Gate team?” Lorne’s blue eyes narrow.
                    “Part of the evaluation process to determine future Gate teams involves military personnel following orders and their attitudes during their less than popular assignments. Any other questions or surly comments lieutenant?” Hamilton’s barely concealed rage sends bolts of ice down Radek’s spine.
                    “Permission to walk the perimeter Sir?” Lorne nods and Hamilton strides angrily out of the room.
                    “Perhaps I should talk to Lt. Hamilton. Make him feel more welcome.”
                    “Appreciate that Doc but it won’t help. Hamilton’s got a bad attitude and it hasn’t improved since he arrived.”
                    “I too have noticed that the lieutenant doesn’t involve himself in off duty activities. I hope he’ll make some friends while he’s here and grow more comfortable with all that Atlantis has to offer.” Both men nod at Teyla’s quiet observation. The brief silence is shattered at acerbic tones wafting from their headsets.
                    “Well Zelenka, we’ve entered twenty two rooms to your paltry eighteen rooms.” Radek growls and activates his headset.
                    “And what have you found in your twenty two rooms Rodney?” A lengthy silence descends over the headsets.
                    “Yeah Rodney, what have we found? Tell Radek.” Team Zelenka snickers at Sheppard’s bored tone.
                    “Not a lot. But that’s mostly my secondary and tertiary teams.”
                    “And our team oh great one?”
                    “Three devices…one we’ve never seen before and the other two are probably the Pegasus version of toasters.” Evan slaps a hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter. Teyla bites her lip and her shoulders shake. Radek snickers at his boss.
                    “Are you laughing at me Zelenka? What have your teams found? Hair gel? Course Sheppard’ll probably fight you for that.” Radek grins mischievously.
                    “Do you have your tablet PC close to hand?”
                    “It’s practically attached to his hip.”
                    “Too bad it isn’t covering his yap.”
                    “Trap Ronon. Cover his trap.”
                    “Whatever Sheppard. Gonna walk the perimeter.” Zelenka quickly sends a detailed account of his teams’ finds and progress to his irascible boss. Sheppard snickers at his geek’s vitriolic language.
                    “I take it you guys have had better luck than Team McKay?”
                    “Yes Sir Colonel. I can’t speak for our teams’ geeks but our goons’ chatter has been positive and colorful.”
                    “Always a good sign Major. As long as we come out with tech to kick Wraith ass, I don’t care who found it. Keep in touch Major.”
                    “Will do Sir. Lorne out.” Team Zelenka gathers their meal wrappers and continue their search. Prickles of unease skitter down the Czech’s back when Lt. Hamilton’s icy gaze falls upon him. Radek smiles politely at the young Marine as their exploration takes them deeper into the Ancient complex.
                    sigpic

Comment

Where do we post our fics? I have a few standalone scenes that could work as oneshots from the fic I abandoned (I am trying to start a new one with a clean slate) that I am particularly proud of and would love to showcase them....

Comment

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
                        Where do we post our fics? I have a few standalone scenes that could work as oneshots from the fic I abandoned (I am trying to start a new one with a clean slate) that I am particularly proud of and would love to showcase them....
                        I've got all of mine on a fanfiction.net account. I know others who store them on LJ or other places.

By the way, the baby's here!
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

By the way, the baby's here!
                          Congratulations. Boy or girl? And is this new person sharing David's birth date as well????
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay...send links to these fan fics folks!

This weekend is busy for me but other weekends not so much! I would love to read them!
                            sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the grandbaby Ever! Hugs for you and the baby!
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the grandbaby Ever!! *nods sagely* I agree with Rosehawk,post your links or do like I did with my nonsense,I posted it here under spoiler tags. More Czech shots please! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X