No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*grins* I'll post the next bit o'fic and you cheeky monkeys can read and run screaming from your homes. lol This next bit is almost all whump for poor Radek but I promise there's gonna be plenty of comfort down the road. It's unbetaed,whumpy,snarky,and came from my brain. hehe }:O
    Spoiler:

Distant, incessant yammering pulls the drowsy Czech back from the comforting black. A deep breath ignites a firestorm in Radek’s chest. Blinking back tears of pain, he fumbles for the irritating noise near his ear. Radek yelps when he tries to shift his left arm; a black halo crowds his blurry vision. Sweat trickles down the exhausted Czech’s face. Sight and sound fades for several minutes before the relentless, slightly hoarse voice pierces Radek’s foggy brain.
    “Radek?!! Zelenka!! Answer me damnit!! Quit sleeping on the job you bootlegging moonshiner with an Ebay doctorate!! C’mon Radek…just a few words…hell you can grunt if ya want. Just let me…us… know you’re alive. Please.” The last word breaks on an indescribable emotion to the muzzy headed engineer. Radek bats weakly at his right ear then the left.
    “M’here. Wha ppened? Ro’ney?”
    “Oh thank god. I thought the lab squashed you. Stupid unstable Ancient complex. Are you okay? You sound horrible. Carson wants to talk to you.” Radek attempts to shift his legs then realizes something uncomfortably heavy presses against them from mid thigh down past his ankles. Careful wiggling reveals his left arm trapped under debris. An ominous creak heralds a shower of dust and razor sharp rubble. Radek covers his face with his good arm and hisses as falling glass impacts his upper body. Panicked voices shout in Radek’s ear piece.
    “Zelenka?!! What’s going on? You’re giving Carson a coronary. Radek?”
    “R’dy?”
    ”Yes! Yes, it’s me. You okay?”
    “Glass broke.”
    “Well that explains everything, thanks so much for that.”
    “Rodney, settle down ya numpty. Radek, it’s Carson. Can ya tell me where you’re hurting?”
    “Chest. Arm an’ legs pinned. Head hurtsss. M’sleepy.”
    “Radek,ya canna sleep ya hear me? We’re sortin’ tha rubbish as fast as we can. Can ya feel your arm and legs?”
    “Numbbb.”
    “Aye. Can ya wiggle your fingers and toes?” Radek nods dumbly then hisses when his extremities protest.
    “Hurts. Sleepy.”
    “Aye lad I can imagine. You can sleep after we get you out alright?”
    “Mmm.” Weary blue eyes slide close until a crabby voice pierces Radek’s exhaustion.
    “Zelenka?!! Damnit Radek! Answer me you inbred hobbit! Was there an explosion? Or something else? Just say yes or no okay? Radek?”
    “’kay.”
    “Did something cause an explosion?”
    “No.”
    “Was a booby trap triggered?”
    “No..maybe. Sleepy.”
    “No sleeping yet Radek. C’mon Zelenka…talk to me. Did your team explore all of the rooms assigned?”
    “Mmmhmm.” A weak smile tugs at the Czech’s recollection of his last progress report with McKay and the Canadian’s outrage at Team Zelenka finding most of the cool stuff.
    “Radek?! Zelenka?! You’re gonna have to lay off the moonshine you know. Your five functioning brain cells aren’t doing so well.”
    “Jealous.”
    “Am not. My brain’s bigger than yours.”
    “Are too. My five brain cells are kicking your brain’s ass,” Radek wheezes. A pounding headache throbs behind his eyes and speaking leaves the Czech breathless.
    “Radek lad…I want ya to ignore Rodney’s rambling…”
    “Hey!!”
    “And focus on breathing as slowly and as deeply as ya can alright? We’re almost through son, we’ll have ya out in a jiffy okay?”
    “’kay.”
    “Listen to the sheepherder okay Radek. You know you didn’t have to blow up our Ancient tech cache just because your birthday’s in a few weeks.”
    “Di’t blow up…m’birthday…sleepy.”
    ‘That made no sense whatsoever Radek. Was that three separate sentences or just nonsensical hobbit talk?” McKay paces restlessly near the lab’s entrance, glaring at the rescue teams and waiting anxiously to hear from his 2IC.
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't see Radek added to the Favorite Male character Stargate & other shows and movies 1st to 50 game so I added him: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...t-to-50/page18

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Wicked pic Ever!! Alright lovelies, the comfort part o' my fic is coming along. It's Radek's birthday...so what kinda gifts should he be opening? Thoughtful or gag gift ideas will be greatly appreciated. And of course there's the party where Radek will be opening said gifts so be creative!! *dangles shirtless Radek cookies to inspire gift ideas* hehe More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Delicious pic Ever!! David so rocks that suit. Do you have any thoughts on what kind of gifts Radek should receive for his birthday? I'm kinda stuck on what gift McKay would give his 2IC so any ideas would be great. Of course any suggestions that get into my fic will get you a credit (or shirtless Radek cookie) when I post that part of the fic. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                Delicious pic Ever!! David so rocks that suit. Do you have any thoughts on what kind of gifts Radek should receive for his birthday?
                Hummm...maybe a woman!

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf
                I'm kinda stuck on what gift McKay would give his 2IC so any ideas would be great. Of course any suggestions that get into my fic will get you a credit (or shirtless Radek cookie) when I post that part of the fic. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                McKay on the other hand would most likely give Radek a left over candy wrapper and tell Radek to throw it away and then to add salt to the wound...would probably add "And don't say I don't give you anything!"
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*smirks* You're a cheeky monkey Rosehawk. I'm sure my bawdy brain could write a scene of Radek and his birthday babe blowing out his candle,but I'm gonna focus on the party,presents,and his friends. lol Loved your McKay thought too. hehe Did I mention you're cheeky? lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Radek and his birthday babe blowing out his candle? DEAR GOD, CRIMSON, WHERE I WENT WITH THAT.................

God, to be that chair he's leaning on....... *fallsover* I mean what?

I wish I could get the cojones to ask David for a hug, but I have no idea when I'll get the chance, because I don't want just a half-hug that lasts for 2 seconds or a staged one for a picture. I want a real solid hug that last at LEAST 6 seconds. And I could never get the courage to ask him for one. Nor would I have the time. Autograph line? Too fast-moving. Before/after? No time, he's shifting to the next place and surrounded by volunteers. I can dream though.

By the way, I don't know if any of you have a Twitter/follow me on Twitter, but it's official now:

I have my plane tickets for Chicago.

I'M GOING TO THE CON!!!!!

LOVIN' the fic, Crimson!! You have got the voices REALLY well!

Comment

Ask him for a hug. He doesn´t mind at all. I have two hugging photos with him and even with a lots of people, he wants to chat. But talking to him will be better during an autograph session (I don´t know how it works at Creation but from bigger conventions I was at, nobody can really kick you out because as long as writes, you can talk to him. It is not as any photo session, where you can basically say only "hellow" with that "1-2-3-flash-next" thing)
                      His hugs are a little weird (look at my FB profile and find my "Photo and autograph collection" where you can see it). Maybe because I am almost as tall as he is so I can´t really cuddle him

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hey Klen - and anyone else.....

don't kill me for this, it's just something I noticed, but is it just me or does David look like Hugh Jackman in this shot?

Spoiler:

Comment

*glomps Klenotka* Hiya hon! Long time,no type. Visit us more often okay? *smirks* Nayari,did I blow up your brain with my candle blowing idea? hehe Glad you're enjoying the fic...I'll post a few more chappy's in a bit. Enjoy the con hon! Take lots of pix,give us a great con report,and give David a hug! And yes, Hugh and David could pass for twins. What a lovely,delicious,naughty thought. More Czech shots please! Woohoo! }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

Alright lovelies,here's a chappy for you. The usual warnings apply:unbetaed,snarky,whumpy,humorous,minor foul language,and came from my brain. lol
                            Spoiler:

Everyone grimaces at the screeching of debris removal. Beiswenger and the combat engineers brace large pieces of metal that acted as a spine for the space Zelenka’s been trapped in for several hours. Beckett converses quietly with his medics as the minutes tick by without the Czech answering. The Scot presses a bottle of water into McKay’s hand and motions for him to drink. Ice cold water trickles down the Canadian’s irritated throat and he moans happily before keying his headset mic.
                            “Radek? C’mon birthday boy, what do ya want for your special day? More brain cells? Better vodka recipes so people don’t go blind drinking your hooch? A cure for your gravity defying hair? Course Sheppard may want you to share your cure ya know.”
                            “Hey!! Leave the hair alone McKay…you know just cuz…we’re through!! Beckett, get your gear!!” McKay blows out a shaky breath as Beckett disappears into the collapsed lab. Twenty minutes creep by before the Czech’s stretcher breaches the cleared opening. Cheers and applause greet the semi conscious engineer. McKay walks alongside Radek’s stretcher and briefly pats the Czech’s right forearm.
                            “You’ll be okay Radek. Carson’s gonna take good care of you. He’ll break out his brand new rattle and good drugs just for you. Don’t give him any more grey hair okay?” Radek grins drunkenly at his friend and pushes aside his oxygen mask.
                            “Is good to see you too Rod’y.” McKay gently replaces the oxygen mask then watches as Radek is carefully loaded into Jumper One. Sheppard claps McKay on the shoulder as he hurries into his Jumper.
                            “C’mon McKay. Haul ass. Unless ya wanna catch a ride back with the engineering crew…the crew who just spent several hours digging out Zelenka.” McKay’s eyes widen in horror as he squeezes onto the back bench with Ronon and Teyla.
                            “Are you kidding me? I can smell them from here. I’m sure I’ve lost my sense of smell.”
                            “Better your sense of smell little man than losing Zelenka,” Ronon adds. Rodney nods and smiles at Teyla when she hands him a power bar. McKay swallows past a sudden lump in his throat before nibbling on his high energy snack. Glancing at his teammates, McKay grins at Ronon and Teyla then smirks at Sheppard. Covered in dust and grime, the friends listen to Beckett and his medics as they clean and bandage Zelenka’s injuries while quietly reassuring the engineer. McKay sneezes violently as Sheppard maneuvers the Jumper up and over the Ancient lab.
                            “Terrific. Pulverized Radek rubble. Just what my allergies need.” Teyla snickers suddenly, her shoulders shaking from quiet laughter. A Czech one finger salute meets the Canadian’s unspoken question.
                            “How about you save that finger for later hmm Radek? Maybe if you’re really good later, Carson can pull it for you.” Ronon snorts water at the filthy glare Carson tosses at the physicist.
                            “Rodney, if that diarrhea o’ the mouth continues, I’ll find something besides a power bar to shut ya up with.” Sheppard chuckles before he dials Atlantis and gives an update on Radek’s condition. Cheers erupt in the gateroom.
                            “That’s wonderful news Colonel. Dr. Beckett, I took the liberty of requesting a full med team to meet Jumper One. Is that acceptable?” Woolsey’s relieved voice asks.
                            “Aye and I need to be patched through to the infirmary and have an OR suite prepped and ready when we land. Thank ya Mr. Woolsey.” Beckett switches frequencies as DN2-712’s gate comes into view.

I'll get another chappy up soon. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
                              Radek and his birthday babe blowing out his candle? DEAR GOD, CRIMSON, WHERE I WENT WITH THAT.................

God, to be that chair he's leaning on....... *fallsover* I mean what?

Originally posted by Nayari
                              I wish I could get the cojones to ask David for a hug, but I have no idea when I'll get the chance, because I don't want just a half-hug that lasts for 2 seconds or a staged one for a picture. I want a real solid hug that last at LEAST 6 seconds. And I could never get the courage to ask him for one. Nor would I have the time. Autograph line? Too fast-moving. Before/after? No time, he's shifting to the next place and surrounded by volunteers. I can dream though.
                              About the only chance at a Creation convention to ask for a hug is during the photo ops. With David it doesn't seem staged at all...you will be enjoying the few moments next to him. He's great about making eye contact before and after! Don't be afraid to ask, like Klenotka said, David does like to hug...however with all the fans and people around he doesn't necessarily automatically offer hugs, especially if he can't tell if you are open to one (not everyone is). If you are nervous, have one of your friends in line yell out to him to give you a hug!

The last two Creation conventions I went to that David was at, he didn't mingle with the fans other than during the official events. Each convention could be different and he might surprise us at this one and join us in the bar, hall or lobby - I think a lot will depend if he brings his wife or not. She does sometimes travel with him to conventions. During the convention and activities, Creation works really hard to keep him on schedule and typically keeps fans away from the talent so if you see David in the hall during the day- chances are you won't be able to get a hug. Creation gets very protective over the talent - they've had some issues with obsessive fans in the past, plus their job is to keep the talent on schedule, make sure they eat, get their bathroom breaks and any downtime breaks they may need; which is something not always easy to do.

This convention also has Joe and Paul on Sunday and he might hang out with those guys. Joe doesn't usually social with fans but Paul does sometimes in the bar. Course all three are there on Sunday so I doubt any of them are staying late Sunday night but they'd probably be in Saturday sometime.

If David does a Meet n Greet and you win the MnG - you will get a chance to hug him there - we won't know if that is an opportunity until probably June or early July.

During the autograph line you won't have any chance to ask for a hug, and from where he is sitting, it really doesn't work. They keep the autograph line moving pretty good..David is great about talking to each fan...though Creation is also very good about pushing fans through the autograph line. If David takes too long in talking, they will push the next picture in front of him and gently move you along. If you want a few extra seconds...get a t-shirt or something that takes them a bit to straighten out or trying to figure out where to put the autograph...as long as he is signing, they don't push you out.

Now if they give David a table at the convention to have open autographs like Robert Picardo; then you might have a chance to talk a bit longer and ask for a hug. Usually David is a popular enough actor that he usually has a preset autograph schedule with handlers around to help with the autographs which usually means no hugs. Though never say never as exceptions can always happen!

Basically, if you want a hug outside the photo op, you have to wait for the right opportunity (which may or may not happen at a Creation convention) and then not be afraid to ask.

By the way, I don't know if any of you have a Twitter/follow me on Twitter, but it's official now:

I have my plane tickets for Chicago.

I'M GOING TO THE CON!!!!!
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 26 March 2012, 03:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
                                Hey Klen - and anyone else.....

don't kill me for this, it's just something I noticed, but is it just me or does David look like Hugh Jackman in this shot?

OMG...what a lovely pic. Where did you get that one?

You know...while I think that Hugh Jackman is hot and a wonderful actor....I think David is even hotter and just as wonderful of an actor! Both men have great sense of humors which is something that I really find a wonderful part of anyone's personality. It's just that David has created characters that I happen to really really enjoy so much more!
                                Last edited by Rosehawk; 26 March 2012, 06:26 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X