Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
    *rabbit attacks*

all: Aaaaah!!! Run away!!! RUN AWAYYYYY!!!!
    Yup! The picture was taken from my (unfinished ) action figure saga, in which Shep and a Wraith called George found themselves unaccountably turned into action figures, forced to trek across England to try to find their way home. The chapter in which they meet the Monty Python bunny is here, where there are more pics.

The bunny in question is my "vicious plot bunny", btw, who always sat on the shelf at eye level above my computer, until a visiting 5 year old slept in my study a few months ago. All was well for the first two nights, but on the third night she suddenly noticed that the cute bunny had teeth, and started wailing, "the teeth! The teeth! The teeth, mummy! The teeth!" She wouldn't settle until her Mum had taken the bunny and shut him in a cupboard downstairs. He's still there, in disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
      Yup! The picture was taken from my (unfinished ) action figure saga, in which Shep and a Wraith called George found themselves unaccountably turned into action figures, forced to trek across England to try to find their way home. The chapter in which they meet the Monty Python bunny is here, where there are more pics.

The bunny in question is my "vicious plot bunny", btw, who always sat on the shelf at eye level above my computer, until a visiting 5 year old slept in my study a few months ago. All was well for the first two nights, but on the third night she suddenly noticed that the cute bunny had teeth, and started wailing, "the teeth! The teeth! The teeth, mummy! The teeth!" She wouldn't settle until her Mum had taken the bunny and shut him in a cupboard downstairs. He's still there, in disgrace.
      OMFG, I've just read chapter 5 (Bunny of Doom)...I have a sore gut from laughing so hard!!!! Rhymer, you are a legend!!!
      sigpic
      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyPrior View Post
        Long time reader, infrequent replier here. I was finally inspired to buy my own Atlantis action figures by the wonderful photo stories I found here and on Livejournal. Mine finally arrived today and I decided it would be funny to take a picture of Shep next to my pet rabbit who has Jabba The Hut proportions. I set up the photo perfectly, the bunny looked disinterested, I waited till he sniffed Shep and then as I went to take the photo I heard a crunching sound.

My bunny had bitten Sheps finger off! I've owned him less than 12 hours and I've broken him already! At the very least THIS photo entertained me

Hi BillyPrior!

Gorgeous Camy! Especially the wallie

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

WOW from the spoiler pics can't wait for the eps to see how they turn out - looks like Ive given up on being S5 spoiler free now LOL
          sigpic
          Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Welcome Billy!

I see GW now has the promo pics up on its front page for those of you who were unable to get on to LJ - and they have them in hi-res. Yay!

*raises hand* I do. I started it years ago as some good-humoured teasing of my Mum, who was forever reporting tiny little things as if they were of world-shattering import. "Gosh!" I'd say, in mock awe. And it kind of stuck, and I've been saying it ever since. I'd never have Shep say it, though.
            Oh I have been know to use it in a sarcastic way -actually I've known my Mum to say something like "Gosh its hot outside" etc but it really isn't a word that sits comfortably in everyday conversation - especially, I think, coming from an American.

But you never know, I once came across a woman who used the phrase "jolly hockey sticks" without a hint of irony.

Poor Shep! Nasty pointy teeth, indeed! It's like the awful, real-life version of this:
            Spoiler:

]
            *giggles* You know someone is going to have to do a stop frame animation using the action figures eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
              ^Sorry! I personally think its pretty spoilerish and would guess that it takes place late on in the episode, so if you're trying to stay spoiler free its best to avoid it. Sorry! *feels guilty*
              I'll take your advice. I relaxed my standards a bit with regard to The Seed and I don't want to start on the slippery slope. I really do want to stay as spoiler-free as poss so I will resist. It's enough to know that my fellow whumpers are giddy over the promo pics.

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Oh oh oh oh!

There's a great 'missing scene' fanfic from THE SEED at

http://negolith2.livejournal.com/21702.html

Ah, why can't the show's writers give us stuff like this? And duh, of course, there's Shep whump!
              Thanks for the rec, hon. That's a nice tag.

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              I had a dr appt tonight for a follow up on my bursitis and tendonitis - he was discussing treatment options and say I should try going holistic to alleviate the inflammation - suggested Ginger! It was all I could do to not smile like a Cheshire cat!!!
              That's awesome. Daft stuff like this is part of what I love so much about fandom - that perfectly innocuous words/phrases/references take on a whole new meaning that's only funny because of the context - that only we understand!

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              I apologize, but I am going to say something more about this. DG
              Spoiler:
              I would have thought that they would NOT want to use the paddles correctly as that would have sent the charge through Shep's heart and probably stopped it. As lovely a thought as that is for my whumper's heart, I thought they just wanted to shock him to get the entity to leave. That's why I said it wasn't much of an opportunity.
              I think I'm with you there, hon.

On the discussion of The Seed:
              Spoiler:
              I can see where you're coming from but I still don't have a problem with Carson's behaviour in the convulsion scene. Partly because elements of the scene were deliberately written and played for laughs (with Sheppard's "Okay, I'll just... I'll relax.." etc) and because I feel if Rodney hadn't interrupted, Carson would have come straight back to the bed. He did say he thought it would take a few minutes for the drug to kick in – and it happened quicker than that, as it turned out. And with him watching as Ronon held Sheppard down, I actually kinda felt for him there… the way he was standing and watching with his hand to his chin etc, I really got a feeling of his helplessness and worry… he’d done this to Sheppard and was having to watch him struggle and knew there was nothing he could do, just wait for the drug to run its course and see what happened. I even wonder if that experience brought back to him unpleasant thoughts of what he did with Michael… I’m sure with Michael he saw even worse things happen to people because of drugs etc he’d been responsible for giving them. It must be difficult to do that – to give someone a drug you know may hurt or kill them – and have to watch the results. I don’t think we’ve ever seen him in that position before so maybe it’s not that odd that he seems a little different than we’ve usually seen before? I think he did care about Sheppard and did have the crash cart etc ready nearby, as they rolled it over sharpish when it was needed. I guess there was maybe a little bit of a distance to Carson but I can fanwank that as the results of a) his captivity, b) what Michael made him do and c) the fact that he himself is not 100% healthy. The thing I definitely agree with you guys on though is that this isn’t our Carson – it’s a clone. And it does feel kinda odd that they’ve just accepted him so easily as a replacement Carson… because nothing can erase the fact that Carson died and they mourned him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                I'll take your advice. I relaxed my standards a bit with regard to The Seed and I don't want to start on the slippery slope. I really do want to stay as spoiler-free as poss so I will resist. It's enough to know that my fellow whumpers are giddy over the promo pics.

Thanks for the rec, hon. That's a nice tag.

That's awesome. Daft stuff like this is part of what I love so much about fandom - that perfectly innocuous words/phrases/references take on a whole new meaning that's only funny because of the context - that only we understand!

I think I'm with you there, hon.

On the discussion of The Seed:
                Spoiler:
                I can see where you're coming from but I still don't have a problem with Carson's behaviour in the convulsion scene. Partly because elements of the scene were deliberately written and played for laughs (with Sheppard's "Okay, I'll just... I'll relax.." etc) and because I feel if Rodney hadn't interrupted, Carson would have come straight back to the bed. He did say he thought it would take a few minutes for the drug to kick in – and it happened quicker than that, as it turned out. And with him watching as Ronon held Sheppard down, I actually kinda felt for him there… the way he was standing and watching with his hand to his chin etc, I really got a feeling of his helplessness and worry… he’d done this to Sheppard and was having to watch him struggle and knew there was nothing he could do, just wait for the drug to run its course and see what happened. I even wonder if that experience brought back to him unpleasant thoughts of what he did with Michael… I’m sure with Michael he saw even worse things happen to people because of drugs etc he’d been responsible for giving them. It must be difficult to do that – to give someone a drug you know may hurt or kill them – and have to watch the results. I don’t think we’ve ever seen him in that position before so maybe it’s not that odd that he seems a little different than we’ve usually seen before? I think he did care about Sheppard and did have the crash cart etc ready nearby, as they rolled it over sharpish when it was needed. I guess there was maybe a little bit of a distance to Carson but I can fanwank that as the results of a) his captivity, b) what Michael made him do and c) the fact that he himself is not 100% healthy. The thing I definitely agree with you guys on though is that this isn’t our Carson – it’s a clone. And it does feel kinda odd that they’ve just accepted him so easily as a replacement Carson… because nothing can erase the fact that Carson died and they mourned him.
                I think that's the thing for me.

The Seed:

Spoiler:
                In The Seed, they're all so pleased to see Carson again, and treat him just like the old one etc... and yes, I understand that, but I'm just not sure you can accept a facsimilie of someone as being the real thing, because it isn't. Surely it must confuse the heck out of his former friends? I'd feel weird and perhaps a little disloyal to the friend who died. I guess I don't think this has been explored enough on the show?

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think Carson was awful in The Seed. Not at all. But he felt off for me, and I just don't know why. I'd like to think, like Rhymer, that there's some plan going on here, and that Carson isn't quite himself, but I'm not not sure TPTB plan or think that far ahead. Maybe I'll be proven wrong? Maybe it's just I wanted Carson to stay dead?

I must make it clear, that Carson in this eppie didn't ruin it for me in any way, or even detract from it. It's just I felt a bit disappointed in him. It was just an observation. Nothing could ruin The Seed. It was awesome!

You know, I really think the first 6 episodes of SGA season 5 are going to be fantastic!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  *stamps foot* Must not click on spoiler pics, must not click on spoiler pics!!!

SheppyD and Ali, look what you've done to me I hope you're happy! Hope I am too when I see the ep

Know how you feel Cazz

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                  *joins in chant*

Must not click!

The wait will be worth it, right? *remembers S&R* Yep! I have willpower!

*runs to find chocolate*
                  *joins in chant as well*

Long time reader, infrequent replier here. I was finally inspired to buy my own Atlantis action figures by the wonderful photo stories I found here and on Livejournal. Mine finally arrived today and I decided it would be funny to take a picture of Shep next to my pet rabbit who has Jabba The Hut proportions. I set up the photo perfectly, the bunny looked disinterested, I waited till he sniffed Shep and then as I went to take the photo I heard a crunching sound.

My bunny had bitten Sheps finger off! I've owned him less than 12 hours and I've broken him already! At the very least THIS photo entertained me

In honour of the whump thread: Bunny whumps Shep

Welcome to the whump thread Billy!!!

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                  hehehe, rabbit-whumped Shep! Nice one, Billy!!

If I had a rabbit that nibbled on MY action-figure Shep's hair, there'd be rabbit stew for dinner that night!!
                  LMAO

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  I agree with you here. It's sad, and I felt when watching The Seed, well, I guess I asked myself what was the point of it all?

The Seed:

Spoiler:
                  I know Carson's a clone, obviously, so he's not exactly the same, but I have issues with the fact that the real Carson still died. It's not as if he didn't die. He's still gone. Still suffered pain when he got blown up, still died etc.. TPTB can't take that away from me. He died and I can't forget it. If someone I cared about died, and a clone came along a couple of years later, the original person would still have died. So I have issues with that. I do understand Carson must have gone through difficult times when being Michael's research lacky, but to be honest, I don't think that would stop Carson from showing his professional and caring side, and it was just off for me here. You're quite right, of course. The little aside with McKay was for comedic purposes, and was indeed very funny. But why did Carson just stand by and let Ronon hold Sheppard down without getting nearer after that? I don't get it. I mean when Shep's heart stopped, Ronon said a worried 'Doc?' and then Carson came over. If Carson was anticipating a bad reaction, why wasn't the crash cart there already? Surely it would have been? To me he came across as a tad unprofessional and unfeeling. And the thing is, of course it's the writing here. But, I've criticised Keller for sometimes not showing a lot of concern or professionalism, and Carson was the same here. As for his CPR? Ouch!

So, what I'm trying to say, is that I was disappointed here, and Keller just looked better to me! I'm as surprised as anyone! But I just think, well, concentrate on Keller as CMO and get rid of Carson then! I just don't see how both will work in the long run. Shutting up now! Maybe Whispers will be brilliant? And I'll eat my words, eh?
                  ITA Linz!
                  Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                  Save Our Seeker!
                  LotS on LJ.

Comment

My brother thinks he sounds like Owen Wilson - I can kind of see where he's coming from with that.
                    That's who he reminds me of! Voice-wise of course lol

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    oh sheppy...

re writing accents/americanisms: ok ill admit i get really annoyed when people write fanfic and write "accents" for people, the worst example is using carson and trying to write his scottish accent...even stuff like when i used to read fic and carson would call people laddie/lassie, just because its a very stereotypical scotish thing to say perhaps and yet i could never hear him say that!!

same when people dont try to write the same language for shep or any of them really..like..and i might get in trouble here so i apologise if anyone has done it, but having shep say "oh my gosh"..for example, we've heard the kind of things he'd say, even swearing shep i dont mind because i could imagine that..but oh my gosh....just no..it pulls me out of the story quite honestly because again i cant imagine him ever saying that.

again, no harm intended there, but thats what i feel!!
                    Oh absolutely!! I particularly hate it when they write it out how they want you to hear it, not how it's spelt - i mean, i know what he sounds like, i can imagine the accent for myself!

Also - i've read a couple of fics with kids in where they write in kiddie-speak, like "Sowwy" instead of "Sorry".

But "gosh", for Shep?! Nonononononono!!

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                    Anyway, whump is an universal language and much easier to understand.
                    Amen to that!

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                    He's like fine wine, he just gets better with age.
                    And Amen to that too!!

dryope on LJ has just posted a bunch of promo images from Ghost In The Machine and The Shrine and I think I have a new favourite team pic.
                    Spoiler:
                    Lithe glistening sea panthers

Oh and the McShep fans may explode upon seeing Nurse Sheppard.
                    Ok, i'm a bad spoiler-free type person - i clicked

And i'm glad i did!!! Great pics - one thing that struck me about The Shrine ones...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...what on Earth are they doing on top of the gate?!

If you know, don't answer! lol

But i already knew a bit about The Shrine cos DH told us at MTH, and i skimmed over the GiTM ones so i didn't really look at them, so i don't considered myself all that spoilered.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tionfigure.jpg
                    Ooo, ouch! Poor Shep - hee!!

Welcome to The Whump!!

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                    I had a dr appt tonight for a follow up on my bursitis and tendonitis - he was discussing treatment options and say I should try going holistic to alleviate the inflammation - suggested Ginger! It was all I could do to not smile like a Cheshire cat!!!

I'm off to bed - it was a whumpy day for me. I'm fairly certain I have a cavity in a tooth (or I cracked it) and I refuse to have it looked at in case it's not a cavity since I don't want to pay for work done on it, I fell down the garage steps this morning and have a nice large bruise on my butt, and my neck is stiff from sleeping last night - I'm sure I must've been dreaming about Shep whump so I'm living it vicariously!!!

Two more days to go!!!
                    on the ginger!!

But be careful - it's Shep we want falling down stairs, not you! *hugs*

Poor Shep! Nasty pointy teeth, indeed! It's like the awful, real-life version of this:
                    Spoiler:
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/ladyofastolat/03-3.jpg

Carson:
                    Spoiler:
                    I wish they hadn't brought him back. I liked Carson, i was upset when he died (mostly about the lame-a$$ way he was killed but that;s another story...) but it feels so cheap how they brought him back! It's just a lame and almost disrespectful to the character if that makes sense. I'd almost rather he'd ascended and descended if he had to come back - but i kinda wish now he'd stayed dead. I love PM, but it's not sitting right...

And yes, he does look plastic.

Not long till Broken Ties now!! Though weirdly, i'm itching to see The Shrine, right now!! lol
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

^ Yep me too, can't wait to see The Shrine, though I'm also excited about The Daedalus Variations - I think both episodes will be...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...chock full of teamy goodness. When I see the pictures of them on top of the gate I just want to squish them altogether in a big hug.

I've missed my team.

Comment

^ Yep me too, can't wait to see The Shrine, though I'm also excited about The Daedalus Variations - I think both episodes will be...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...chock full of teamy goodness. When I see the pictures of them on top of the gate I just want to squish them altogether in a big hug.

I've missed my team.
                        ditto -
                        Spoiler:
                        I felt all warm and fuzzy seeing them all up there. I do like my team moments.

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          [Carson:
                          Spoiler:
                          I wish they hadn't brought him back. I liked Carson, i was upset when he died (mostly about the lame-a$$ way he was killed but that;s another story...) but it feels so cheap how they brought him back! It's just a lame and almost disrespectful to the character if that makes sense. I'd almost rather he'd ascended and descended if he had to come back - but i kinda wish now he'd stayed dead. I love PM, but it's not sitting right...

I agree
                          Spoiler:
                          I wasn't happy with them killing off Carson. I loved the concpet of the ep ( i.e. day off, becomes deadly serious and the non linear time time line) but exploading tumours was lame . I think the problem with him coming back was that we all new it was going to happen, and we were wrongly under the impression that it was the real Carson and not a clone so we were expecting something a bit more epic than we got and felt a bit deflated by his return, well I did anyway To me having Carson in eps this season just feels like they are trying to appease the fans from the save Carson campaign. I see that he was impertitive in The Seed for the ep to have worked but there was just something off with Carson. I've said in another thread before that I really miss Weir and wish she was still in the show but if they brought her back now it wouldn't work because the show has moved on/changed without her and she wouldn't fit anymore. Maybe its the same with Carson.

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I agree
                            Spoiler:
                            I wasn't happy with them killing off Carson. I loved the concpet of the ep ( i.e. day off, becomes deadly serious and the non linear time time line) but exploading tumours was lame . I think the problem with him coming back was that we all new it was going to happen, and we were wrongly under the impression that it was the real Carson and not a clone so we were expecting something a bit more epic than we got and felt a bit deflated by his return, well I did anyway To me having Carson in eps this season just feels like they are trying to appease the fans from the save Carson campaign. I see that he was impertitive in The Seed for the ep to have worked but there was just something off with Carson. I've said in another thread before that I really miss Weir and wish she was still in the show but if they brought her back now it wouldn't work because the show has moved on/changed without her and she wouldn't fit anymore. Maybe its the same with Carson.
                            ITA - my feelings exactly...
                            Spoiler:
                            ...i don't miss Weir so much, though i did like here, but yeah, i think the show has moved on. Shame but there we go.

l My LJ l

Comment

ohhhhh broken ties tomarrow...woohoo... cant wait
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                                That's who he reminds me of! Voice-wise of course lol

Oh absolutely!! I particularly hate it when they write it out how they want you to hear it, not how it's spelt - i mean, i know what he sounds like, i can imagine the accent for myself!

Also - i've read a couple of fics with kids in where they write in kiddie-speak, like "Sowwy" instead of "Sorry".

But "gosh", for Shep?! Nonononononono!!

Amen to that!

And Amen to that too!!

Ok, i'm a bad spoiler-free type person - i clicked

And i'm glad i did!!! Great pics - one thing that struck me about The Shrine ones...
                                Spoiler:
                                ...what on Earth are they doing on top of the gate?!

If you know, don't answer! lol

But i already knew a bit about The Shrine cos DH told us at MTH, and i skimmed over the GiTM ones so i didn't really look at them, so i don't considered myself all that spoilered.

Ooo, ouch! Poor Shep - hee!!

Welcome to The Whump!!

on the ginger!!

But be careful - it's Shep we want falling down stairs, not you! *hugs*

Carson:
                                Spoiler:

Not long till Broken Ties now!! Though weirdly, i'm itching to see The Shrine, right now!! lol
                                I thought the Shrine might be one you're looking forward to! I agree with you on the Carson stuff.
                                I agree
                                Spoiler:

Kindreds, and The Seed, S and R:

Spoiler:
                                I did know Carson was going to be a clone. I'd worked it out. So I wasn't suprised that he wasn't coming back as the real Carson and it always bothered me as soon as I suspected that. It's not that the execution of his return as a clone in Kindred II was poorly done, I just found myself not caring, since it wasn't the real Carson. Above all else, I feel it cheapens Carson dying. I cried when he died, and I just accepted he'd died and moved on. Now I feel as if it's all a stunt to please a vocal group of fans, but even then they've not got what they wanted. They got Paul back as Carson clone. Now, don't get me wrong, I know the present show runners had nothing to do with Carson's offing. They've done their best to rectify a poor choice, IMO. But, it's all a bit shallow and pointless for me. Either bring him back as real Carson, as CMO, or don't have him at all. Concentrate on Keller as the new CMO and let Carson rest in peace.

I suppose I'm just underwhelmed by it all. Then again, I discovered a while back that it's Carson in Fan Fiction I like, and not the real one so much, to be honest.

As for Weir? I was never a big fan, but I didn't want her axed. However, it didn't upset me when she went. I quite liked the change, and feel it worked out well in the end. However, I'd never want her back now. The show has moved on, and if I'm honest, I like what thye've done with it. And yes, perhaps it's the same with Carson? I'm finally starting to accept Keller and seeing Carson not quite as he was, not in his former position just is looking backwards for me? He doesn't fit with the new look of the show? That's a great observation, and I think perhaps you're right there.

The one thing I would say though, is that Carter coming was wasted. They should have thought ahead and got Amanda to commit to two seasons if they wanted her to come over in season 4. Because I felt let down when she went. Not because she made a choice. No, good for her. I wish her the best. But I felt I'd invested a lot in her in season 4, I'd grown to love her on the show and felt the potential was there for much more. Then she's not there and I have to get used to another leader. Then again, I have to say, I'm enjoying Woolsey.

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                                ohhhhh broken ties tomarrow...woohoo... cant wait
                                Me neither!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X