John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    Hey, Rinkrat! I was looking at my wishlist for a new laptop. I may just take the plunge tomorrow and order it. Very scary amount of money to spend.
    Hi Lorr!
    Wow! I would love to own a laptop!
    My wishlist right now is gathering enough money for the two new photo ops for Vancouver and maybe going to Chicago Con in August! My friend just asked if I wanted to go! Guess that means no new ski jacket and no Disneyland in September.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    I am spending time catching up on the last 25 pages of the JFT!! **headdesk**

oh and watching Life, BSG and Sarah Connor Chronicles. Now onto Sleepless in Seattle or at least until Hubby with his gnat like attention span switches it.
    Hey Pocus!
    We do talk a lot over there, don't we!
    I am watch Vegas and the Flames game and jumping threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      We're in real trouble if they ever evolve opposable thumbs!
      We had to put baby safety locks on the kitchen cabinets because our one likes to open them and pull out all the stuff inside. He even opens the drawers occasionally. Watched him use his nose the edge of the drawer open and then pull it with his mouth. He does like to cover himself with his own blanket at night. He doesn't need thumbs!

**waves at Rink**
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Whumpers!

Popping in to see how things are going. Wow, what a heck of a day. Nearly 5,000 people came to the science expo - if I never make another comet again, it will be too soon.

Cool! Looks like more whumpers heading to Chicago. Sounds like a fun time! Hopefully, they'll get some more good guests too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
          You certainly told it like it is! I was just being nice, more fool me. I would very much like to be single, but I'm at that awkward stage, separated but unable to divorce. Bummer. Hubby slapped a box of After Eights on the kitchen counter, so I instructed one of the kids to slap it on the dinner table. Apparently there's a card for me, but it won't get opened. What part of 'I hate your guts' doesn't he get?

(((((((((((((Strey)))))))))) Anytime you need to vent, PM me

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

Creation is pretty much the only game in town for cons in the US thought, aren't they?
          Pretty much. Although there IS Shore Leave and Dragon Con, but Creation is the one who gets the biggie stars. I have yet to have a problem with Creation, and I've done the NJ con 4 years in a row. Sadly, they're done with the NJ con and now I have to get on a plane for a con. Hopefully next year!

Have to call Creation on Monday. Can you run the whole seating thing by me? Pwease?
          First come, first served. The Gold seats are usually 5 or 6 rows, depending on how many they sell. It's up to the them to assign seats unless you get your seat for the following year at the end of the con, then you get to pick on a seating chart which seat you want. I was in row H my first year as a Preferred, then bought a Gold seat the following year and was in B, then moved up to A and was in A for 2 years.

I was wondering more if you could tell me which seats are the best, just in case I can negotiate with the ticket lady.
          Yeah, good luck with that. Get her in a good mood

So, whumpers. We have to work out how to recognise each other in Chicago, or get PMing nearer the time. Well, you tell me how it works, as I'm a con newbie. Anyone wondering/hoping David Hewlett or Jason Momoa sign up?
          I'm thinking Creation blew their budget on Joe and Amanda - I can't see any more headliners but you can always hope!

Maybe you should all wear a red rose! A bunch of us met at a restaurant 2 years ago - that's when I met Sherryw and Gate Geek. Then there's always the airport right Sherry?

I'm off to bed - gotta celebrate Valentine's Day properly!! And then hopefully have more whumpy dreams like last night
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
            Where is everyone tonight?
            I rescued this from page 2!

I have not posted here in a while, just been lurking.
            Thought I would stop in and say HI!
            But there is nobody here....
            *waves*

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
            Hey Whumpers!

Popping in to see how things are going. Wow, what a heck of a day. Nearly 5,000 people came to the science expo - if I never make another comet again, it will be too soon.

Cool! Looks like more whumpers heading to Chicago. Sounds like a fun time! Hopefully, they'll get some more good guests too.
            GG, how are you feeling hon?
            sigpic
            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Oh look, whumpers are around...

Shep: oh no!! They're gonna suck me into some whump!
              sigpic

Comment

Hey SGAFan and everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  Hey Whumpers!

That's great that so many people came though! An interest in science is good - I teach a bio for non-bio majors lab and I am amazed at the lack of a science background some people have - and then they go on to write tv sci-fi. /rant.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good turnout, GG.

Well, my first step to a new laptop has been taken. I ordered a new 19" monitor from Amazon a few minutes ago. It's supposed to be a very good one. If nothing else, I can watch whump on DVD up close. Yum!

I wish I had the funds for both the computer and the con in Chicago. I've never been to Chicago, and would have spent a day or two extra to be a tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                      I wish I had the funds for both the computer and the con in Chicago. I've never been to Chicago, and would have spent a day or two extra to be a tourist.
                      I have just been discussing, with my mom, the Chicago Con and the new photo ops in Vancouver. I have come to the conclusion that if I want to go to Chicago that means no new photo ops. I do have one with Joe and I think at this point that is the most important one for me.
                      I have been to Chicago, to watch the Flames play, and it was an amazing city to visit. I had an awesome time there!

Spoiler:
                      I really wish the job security was a little better for me right now, then I would not have to worry about money so much!

Comment

I have just been discussing, with my mom, the Chicago Con and the new photo ops in Vancouver. I have come to the conclusion that if I want to go to Chicago that means no new photo ops. I do have one with Joe and I think at this point that is the most important one for me.
                        I have been to Chicago, to watch the Flames play, and it was an amazing city to visit. I had an awesome time there!

Spoiler:
                        I really wish the job security was a little better for me right now, then I would not have to worry about money so much!

wish I lived in Vancouver...
                        Spoiler:
                        I know how you feel! wish I had a good job but I don't have time with school and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post

wish I lived in Vancouver...
                          Spoiler:
                          I know how you feel! wish I had a good job but I don't have time with school and all.
                          Don't know if I would want to live in Vancouver, it is about a 10 hour drive from here and that it just fine with me.
                          I wish we used US currency here sometimes though. This Con is all based in American dollars and compared to the Canadian dollar right now this con is costing me a lot of money and it is being held in my own backyard!

Spoiler:
                          My job is alright, it is just a matter of how long my department will be around because they are shifting everything to Singapore where manufacturing items is way cheaper! Thus, I will most likely be out of a job sooner than later. Thank goodness I have a part-time job!

Comment

Good luck on the job front, Rinkrat!
                            Spoiler:
                            The fact that my own could be yanked at any time is why I've waited so long to buy the laptop. I have finally come to the conclusion that I can't put my life on hold forever.

Comment

Have to call Creation on Monday. Can you run the whole seating thing by me? Pwease?
                              OT for seating
                              Spoiler:
                              Its basically first come first serve. They give you the best available seat. Since you are a single you have a better chance at good seats than say people who want to sit together. I bought it last year when someone at the con put in a bid for me. At the con itself you can move up seats . So for example if some folks in row A,B, C decided not to buy at the con I could buy their seats. In NJ i started out in Row C and moved to Row B in the middle last year. But no more NJ con so a moot point. Thats why I took a chance on Chicago.
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't know if I would want to live in Vancouver, it is about a 10 hour drive from here and that it just fine with me.
                                I wish we used US currency here sometimes though. This Con is all based in American dollars and compared to the Canadian dollar right now this con is costing me a lot of money and it is being held in my own backyard!

Spoiler:
                                My job is alright, it is just a matter of how long my department will be around because they are shifting everything to Singapore where manufacturing items is way cheaper! Thus, I will most likely be out of a job sooner than later. Thank goodness I have a part-time job!
                                *hugs* I'm going to be glad to see you in Vancouver though I'll be driving about 8 hours to join you all
                                sigpic
                                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X