Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    We don't have Christmas markets as such but there are tons of craft fairs where you can buy Christmas themed items and food like pumpkin bread and hot cider. There are no rides though and they're usually inside. One thing we have here that I'm not sure you do is Christmas light shows.
    Hm, we don't have proper light shows, but we do put up fairy lights and stuff. City Centres are often decorated with lights, too.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    Like SR said, we don't really have Christmas markets here exactly...

But I've been to the Winter markets in Germany twice...and what a romantic place they would be to set a Sparky fic! And yes..spiced wine is a must!
    Yay. And Rodney on a sugar high from cotton candy and burnt almonds. Or chocolat fruits. I hear they are having Christmas Markets all over the British Isles not and they're calling them German markets. Heh, very nice of them. But apparently they are having beer instead of the hot spiced wine. We do drink stuff other than beer over here! There actually was one in Dublin, but I didn't have the time to visit it.

I think I'm about to write a Christmas Market inspired Sparky fic.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      I agree on 38 Minutes! It sealed the deal for me as well.
      And I so happy to see so many new faces here

EDIT: Here's a question: I've just come home from a Christmas market. Do you guys have them in your country? How about E/J at a Christmas market getting tipsy on hot spiced wine. They should encouner an alien race that has a celebration like this *g*
      We have Christmas market here. The first city to make this market is Strasbourg (St Nicholas market) thanks to you, German friends. We stole the idea.lol Strasbourg is near the German border so it's normal.
      And there are others Christmas market in the entire country now.

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
      ...see, I didn't forget. How's this:

Excellent!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Beautiful. I love their faces.

We don't have Christmas markets as such but there are tons of craft fairs where you can buy Christmas themed items and food like pumpkin bread and hot cider. There are no rides though and they're usually inside. One thing we have here that I'm not sure you do is Christmas light shows.

And tomorrow I'm going to see Ice . There's a little vid preview there with the description. I'll let you know how it was. This is something new.
      We don't do this here. Love the vid on the page.
      The only major event (for Christmas lights) is in Paris. Each year, a "movie/singer star" pushes a button and the Champs Elysées lights are on. I love how I describe it.lol
      In Lyon (my city), we have the "Festival of lights" but nothing to do with Christmas.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hm, we don't have proper light shows, but we do put up fairy lights and stuff. City Centres are often decorated with lights, too.

Yay. And Rodney on a sugar high from cotton candy and burnt almonds. Or chocolat fruits. I hear they are having Christmas Markets all over the British Isles not and they're calling them German markets. Heh, very nice of them. But apparently they are having beer instead of the hot spiced wine. We do drink stuff other than beer over here! There actually was one in Dublin, but I didn't have the time to visit it.

I think I'm about to write a Christmas Market inspired Sparky fic
        yay!

When I was in Germany, by the time we got to the market, I was cold and tired and intimidated by being in a new country on little sleep right around our Thanksgiving time and on the verge of tears - my hubby (we were just dating at the time) was there with me (there were a bunch of us actually, we were there with our Army band) and he translated stuff for me and it didn't take long for the magic of the market to do its stuff...I just loved it! *sigh* I wanna go back....
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

And you don't even need much too get drunk. One of those with Amarretto or Barcadi Cherries and I'm good to go. *sends John and Elizabeth to Earth for a vacation*
          They even had a ferris wheel. Small one, though.
          Oh, that's cool! Even if it's a small one, John would love it!

I think I'm about to write a Christmas Market inspired Sparky fic.
          Doooo iiiiiiittttt! We need more fluffy Sparky Christmas fics!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

yay!

When I was in Germany, by the time we got to the market, I was cold and tired and intimidated by being in a new country on little sleep right around our Thanksgiving time and on the verge of tears - my hubby (we were just dating at the time) was there with me (there were a bunch of us actually, we were there with our Army band) and he translated stuff for me and it didn't take long for the magic of the market to do its stuff...I just loved it! *sigh* I wanna go back....
            I would offer you to crash on my couch, but I don't have one *g* I could offer you the foldaway mattress in the hallway...
            What city was the market in?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Doooo iiiiiiittttt! We need more fluffy Sparky Christmas fics!
            I'm 245 words into it. Damn, I should be doing my French homework!

Comment

I would offer you to crash on my couch, but I don't have one *g* I could offer you the foldaway mattress in the hallway...

hee hee thanks!

um...it was...um...*checks cute little mug they gave her* Ok...the mug says "Weihnachtsmarkt Kaiserslautern" (I didn't really pay attention to where I was going, I just went where they took me ) I was there in 2002. We went to Germany again in 2004 ...
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Do your story and I do your French homework.
                sigpic

Comment

hee hee thanks!

um...it was...um...*checks cute little mug they gave her* Ok...the mug says "Weihnachtsmarkt Kaiserslautern" (I didn't really pay attention to where I was going, I just went where they took me ) I was there in 2002. We went to Germany again in 2004 ...
                  Kaiserslautern is not really a remarkable city that you would want to visit when being on holiday in Germany...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Do your story and I do your French homework.
                  Very tempting, but I won't learn anything, then...

That's the teaser for the fic:
                  Spoiler:
                  “Elizabeth, Rodney thinks that apart from the Genii the Albarians are the most advanced race that we’ve found so far,” John pointed out again, as he seated himself on her desk.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, secretly relieved that John was resuming his normal attitude towards her. Their argument during the lockdown still hung between them, even though two weeks had passed. “But field teams have done very well when it comes to negotiating with the locals. Why are you so determined that I visit them personally?” She suspected that he was up to something, because he had been going on about this since he had come back from M1T-412 yesterday, nagging her that she should attend the negotiations for supplies and exchange with the Albarians in person, instead of sending a team as usual. Not that she would mind at this point to get off Atlantis for a while, but there was just so much to do. All the rebuilding after the storm…

“Yeah, but technologically they are on the level of Earth in the 1950s. They would be really valuable allies. Because of the shield, the planet hasn’t been culled for centuries,” John repeated his arguments. All of this Elizabeth had heard before and sighted. Yes, this shield would be really interesting to look into, and Rodney was very excited. But this wasn’t a very plausible reason why she had to go herself and she knew John. This just wasn’t the whole truth. He didn’t usually like it when she went off-world, either. “So?” Elizabeth enquired.

Obviously frustrated by the lack of positive response, John jumped off the table and ran his hand through his hair. “And they’re having this Advent Celebration…”

“Yes, they celebrate the Advent of the Saviour who had the ability to control Ancient technology and turned on the cloaking shield that has since protected them from the Wraiths, because the planet looks uninhabited from space. I was at the meeting, John,” Elizabeth said impatiently.

“Well, they have this Advent Market with lots of handcrafted goods, lights and food and it’s very pretty, I thought you should see it,” John mumbled.

“You think I should lead the negotiations, because you want me to see their Advent Market?” she replied somewhat bemused and with slight disbelief.

“They even have a little ferris wheel!”

Comment

Kaiserslautern is not really a remarkable city that you would want to visit when being on holiday in Germany...

Very tempting, but I won't learn anything, then...

Spoiler:
                    “Elizabeth, Rodney thinks that apart from the Genii the Albarians are the most advanced race that we’ve found so far,” John pointed out again, as he seated himself on her desk.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, secretly relieved that John was resuming his normal attitude towards her. Their argument during the lockdown still hung between them, even though two weeks had passed. “But field teams have done very well when it comes to negotiating with the locals. Why are you so determined that I visit them personally?” She suspected that he was up to something, because he had been going on about this since he had come back from M1T-412 yesterday, nagging her that she should attend the negotiations for supplies and exchange with the Albarians in person, instead of sending a team as usual. Not that she would mind at this point to get off Atlantis for a while, but there was just so much to do. All the rebuilding after the storm…

“Yeah, but technologically they are on the level of Earth in the 1950s. They would be really valuable allies. Because of the shield, the planet hasn’t been culled for centuries,” John repeated his arguments. All of this Elizabeth had heard before and sighted. Yes, this shield would be really interesting to look into, and Rodney was very excited. But this wasn’t a very plausible reason why she had to go herself and she knew John. This just wasn’t the whole truth. He didn’t usually like it when she went off-world, either. “So?” Elizabeth enquired.

Obviously frustrated by the lack of positive response, John jumped off the table and ran his hand through his hair. “And they’re having this Advent Celebration…”

“Yes, they celebrate the Advent of the Saviour who had the ability to control Ancient technology and turned on the cloaking shield that has since protected them from the Wraiths, because the planet looks uninhabited from space. I was at the meeting, John,” Elizabeth said impatiently.

“Well, they have this Advent Market with lots of handcrafted goods, lights and food and it’s very pretty, I thought you should see it,” John mumbled.

“You think I should lead the negotiations, because you want me to see their Advent Market?” she replied somewhat bemused and with slight disbelief.

Oooo, this is good so far! I can't wait for more!

Um, I'm currently posting 10,000 feet in the air. Just thought I'd share, because it's kinda cool.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

well, technically I was working and not really on holiday....and we were staying there before shipping to Bosnia for a few days...

Spoiler:

hee hee...so cute! Can't wait for the rest!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Um, I'm currently posting 10,000 feet in the air. Just thought I'd share, because it's kinda cool.
                        LOL yeah, that is kinda cool! And welcome back! I missed you!
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL yeah, that is kinda cool! And welcome back! I missed you!
                          Aww...thanks! I missed you too! Being without Internet is weird nowadays--nice in a way, but weird.

And now I think I have more catching up to do with my social online stuff than my work.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Spoiler:

Excellent! I was hoping for a Pegasus Galaxy winter celebration of some kind, and you've delivered! I can't wait to see the finished fic!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

That's really cool! *zooms around the room squeeing and hugs Eri*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Drew: I wanted to answer to your PM but after ten minutes, I don't have an answer. I can't choose. There are many great scenes. For the moment, I will take the coffee scene but I' m not sure.

Question for everybody: What is your favorite sparky scene?

I will give you my answer after that, Drew.lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Drew: I wanted to answer to your PM but after ten minutes, I don't have an answer. I can't choose. There are many great scenes. For the moment, I will take the coffee scene but I' m not sure.

Question for everybody: What is your favorite sparky scene?

I will give you my answer after that, Drew.lol
                                That's OK..take your time. I have a hard time answering that question too...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X