Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    Evening sparkies! Man, Da Bears suck worse than a hungry Wraith. Anyways, I thought I might get some opinions on a fic I shelved a while ago. It's really not sparky per se, but John is the poor schmuck and Lizzie the devil in this twist on the Faust tale. Please see the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
    <space>
    lol. Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing just how the wishes went wrong too.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    So my hubby's coworker gave hubby a bunch of computer games that he doesn't play anymore today...(Sims3 is one of them! squee!) *ahem* anyway...one of them is a game where you can write, cast and shoot your own little simulated movies...and the first thing I thought was..."Oooo I can make a movie for Joe and Torri!" *sigh* I think I need an intervention....
    Oh, that's alright! I might very likely have thought of the same thing. Are you going to do it?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    By all accounts, he was quite the Weir advocate in s1. Not so much towards the end though, it was more like
    Spoiler:

[ATTACH]9236[/ATTACH]
    Hi, I'm Colonel Carter, I'm here to replace Dr Weir. I'm riding in with a breath of fresh air, but most of the scripts I've seen so far has me doing exactly what Dr Weir did, but with less screentime. I'm only going to be here a year though, and when I leave you'll discover how wasted my time here has been, as I prove I'm a much better actor than I was ever allowed to be in this role. Also, on this new show, my costumes actually fit me, and I regain the intelligence I had before I became your leader.

*scratches head*

Every time I drink wine, even a little, I get a wicked hangover. I can drink over 20 of beer or whiskey without ill effects (okay, probably some liver damage)
    I know you shouldn't laugh at your own material, but this one cracked me up

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]9237[/ATTACH]
    J: You know, cigars & whiskey are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not as good as what Elizabeth & I used to do out here
    W: Just what did you two get up to out here?

[ATTACH]9238[/ATTACH]
    Woolsey is so shocked by the response that he accidentally sets his face on fire
    Meh

Spoiler:
    [ATTACH]9239[/ATTACH]
    E: Seriously Colonel, stop using the Deadalus to spy on us. Just because we often get lost in uninhabited sections of the city doesn't mean we need rescuing. If this persists, I'll get John to shoot you again, coz that's always fun to watch
    Great, all of these, but the one with Woolsey was priceless. (and the one with Sam very true)
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Erin I think I might try...but I'm very impatient when it comes to learning how to make games like that work...so if it takes too much to figure it out I'll give up on it...which is sad, I know...
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

If you've never seen it, here the the video where BW talks about why Dr. Weir was in charge of Atlantis and also how great Torri was in the role:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJLMdTJm4U

After watching, feel free to and head for the nearest drink.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          If you've never seen it, here the the video where BW talks about why Dr. Weir was in charge of Atlantis and also how great Torri was in the role:

Thanks for the link....
          *pets Torri* Yeah...I totally don't get it...
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
            Carson and Elizabeth were lovely. Carson suggested she put in a balcony to overlook the tropic island they were stranded on, so she could feel better at home, and she tried to choke down the cake Keller made for him on his 40th birthday--because she was very happy to see him make it to 40.

I've done live action/tabletop/forum/LJ RPG. NEVER have I found a shippy Shep, though, except for the one time I played Sam. Drat it all. Still, John and Elizabeth have their moments anyway, even in their canon sparkage. Such as when they first reunited, and John was recovering from a tiger...claw xD When Teyla vanished, or when John had to dig up some of Elizabeth's supplies from Atlantis' storage for her.
            Awww, those moments are so sweet! Poor Jen, she can't bake. A tiger... claw, eh? *cackles*

I know the two of these are mutually exclusive

Spoiler:
            [ATTACH]9240[/ATTACH]
            No, sir, I don't think that will help get the bug off

[ATTACH]9241[/ATTACH]
            Carson did say try everything *moans*

Spoiler:
            [ATTACH]9242[/ATTACH]
            You know, only my neck is injured Elizabeth, and I'm already on a bed....

[ATTACH]9243[/ATTACH]
            Believe me John, you'll need to be in tip top condition before we give that a go, else you'll be back on that bed before you can blink
            AHAHAHAHAH! Whoo hoo! Right into the gutter! Poor John, Lizzie's withholding sex because he's injured. Maybe that'll teach him not to run into bug webs without looking!

Someone should! Especially if it earns another surprise!pounce kiss.

Now I want to know which other novels I should check out, an which to avoid XD I'm taking notes for when Elizabeth might actually need to mediate or lead tings (So far, she's just been there as moral support and coffee-supplier.)
            Exogenesis, Blood Ties and Mirror, Mirror have also got some good scenes Elizabeth, though there's less diplomatic mad skills (save for some tangling with Woolsey and the IOA in BT). You may want to avoid Halcyon, as it centers on a plot that seems like a natural fit for bringing Elizabeth in to use her diplomatic expertise, but the author falls into the same trap as most of the writers on the show and leaves her behind on Atlantis to 'mind the store' while letting Sheppard's team which has no diplomatic skills to speak of floundering around trying to handle a first contact situation. I found that rather aggravating. (The Chosen also does the same thing, but there the authors have a quite reasonable explanation for why Elizabeth can't go in, so I give them a pass.)

He'll probably be really coy and say something like 'what shampoo do you use, coz I can never get my hair to do that'
            *snickers*

I'd watch it now, but it'd probably piss me off so much that I'd never be able to get to sleep. So I'll watch it tomorrow, get pissed off, and then channel that aggression into writing that confrontation scene between Lizzie and Ambassador Shen for the Restoration holiday special fic.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              But I would have to say that the quintessential Sparky scene that casts this ship in stone is that scene from The Eye when John shoots Kolya. Mainly because it is really hard to interpret it as anything but shippy.
              There is also the scene when John runs up the stairs and says: "You know have to!" The drama!

Evening sparkies! Man, Da Bears suck worse than a hungry Wraith. Anyways, I thought I might get some opinions on a fic I shelved a while ago. It's really not sparky per se, but John is the poor schmuck and Lizzie the devil in this twist on the Faust tale. Please see the spoiler below.
              I really hate Faust. Gretchen has to be the single most annoying female character. They made me read it at school.

Has no one ever asked what John was going to say in 38 minutes?
              I'm dying to know what he was going to say, but I don't think we'll ever know.

Now off to work with me!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                lol. Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing just how the wishes went wrong too.

Oh, that's alright! I might very likely have thought of the same thing. Are you going to do it?

Great, all of these, but the one with Woolsey was priceless. (and the one with Sam very true)
                *cracks up* That last one, his face! God if looks could kill...

*slams a JD down on the bar* Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Why'd she have to go?! *sobs* Gosh she's just lovely isn't she?

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

By all accounts, he was quite the Weir advocate in s1. Not so much towards the end though, it was more like
                  Spoiler:

[ATTACH]9236[/ATTACH]
                  Hi, I'm Colonel Carter, I'm here to replace Dr Weir. I'm riding in with a breath of fresh air, but most of the scripts I've seen so far has me doing exactly what Dr Weir did, but with less screentime. I'm only going to be here a year though, and when I leave you'll discover how wasted my time here has been, as I prove I'm a much better actor than I was ever allowed to be in this role. Also, on this new show, my costumes actually fit me, and I regain the intelligence I had before I became your leader.

*scratches head*

Every time I drink wine, even a little, I get a wicked hangover. I can drink over 20 of beer or whiskey without ill effects (okay, probably some liver damage)
                  And they ended up disappointing not only the Weir fans but the Carter fans too.

Maybe I should switch from wine to beer/whiskey. I'm one of those fall asleep after 2 glasses people.

Spoiler:
                  [ATTACH]9237[/ATTACH]
                  J: You know, cigars & whiskey are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not as good as what Elizabeth & I used to do out here

[ATTACH]9238[/ATTACH]
                  Woolsey is so shocked by the response that he accidentally sets his face on fire
                  Priceless. I greened you because others couldn't.

Has no one ever asked what John was going to say in 38 minutes?

Over halfway through Casualties of War! Elizabeth is awesome in it
                  Only repeatedly. Go read the episode thread. This is when a lot of non-shippers started to notice Sparky and are quite humorously puzzled by it.

Also if you (general you, not you you) think the pro/anti arguments started in S4 of SGA and got more intense with SGU, you'll find you are mistaken. This fandom has always been quite divided.

He'll probably be really coy and say something like 'what shampoo do you use, coz I can never get my hair to do that'

Sounds promising. I'll read it eventually. Not today though, time to sign out
                  Yeah, Joe does seems to have a unique ability to say what he thinks the fan asking the question wants to hear. But by now I think in certain cases he recognizes fans who seem to be stalking him at every convention pushing their agenda. LOL I'm not sure what part of John Sheppard was a fictional character they don't quite get.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't drink wine, can't stand the stuff. I drink beer & whiskey. I'm a nervous drinker, not a good thing, especially if a new girl catches your eye (I generally catch theirs for the wrong reasons). Let that be a lesson to you all. Moderation is a good thing.

I just looked it up. BRAD WRIGHT. WTF? He put that scene in? Plus the private line. Surely he got the memo, I'd have thought he wrote that too
                    Very few of them did, or they were all just clueless. I'm almost tempted to go with the second one because of how much Sparky was thrown in throughout season 1 by people who are not 'Sparky' *cough* GeroI'mLookingAtYou *cough*.

C'mon, the man just woke up in the after life with the devil, let him have some eye candy! If you've ever read the book (I did read the cliff notes) or watched either version of "Bedazzled" the devil (Lizzie in this case) seems to find a way to mess it up. Only got to wish five, not sure if I want a Wizard of Oz ending or Devil's Advocate ending.
                    *claps* Loved that!

Spoiler:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA...I would green you but I can't.

Someone should! Especially if it earns another surprise!pounce kiss.

Now I want to know which other novels I should check out, an which to avoid XD I'm taking notes for when Elizabeth might actually need to mediate or lead tings (So far, she's just been there as moral support and coffee-supplier.)
                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Awww, those moments are so sweet! Poor Jen, she can't bake. A tiger... claw, eh? *cackles*

AHAHAHAHAH! Whoo hoo! Right into the gutter! Poor John, Lizzie's withholding sex because he's injured. Maybe that'll teach him not to run into bug webs without looking!

Exogenesis, Blood Ties and Mirror, Mirror have also got some good scenes Elizabeth, though there's less diplomatic mad skills (save for some tangling with Woolsey and the IOA in BT). You may want to avoid Halcyon, as it centers on a plot that seems like a natural fit for bringing Elizabeth in to use her diplomatic expertise, but the author falls into the same trap as most of the writers on the show and leaves her behind on Atlantis to 'mind the store' while letting Sheppard's team which has no diplomatic skills to speak of floundering around trying to handle a first contact situation. I found that rather aggravating. (The Chosen also does the same thing, but there the authors have a quite reasonable explanation for why Elizabeth can't go in, so I give them a pass.)

*snickers*

I'd watch it now, but it'd probably piss me off so much that I'd never be able to get to sleep. So I'll watch it tomorrow, get pissed off, and then channel that aggression into writing that confrontation scene between Lizzie and Ambassador Shen for the Restoration holiday special fic.
                    What SK mentions (Mirror, Mirror being the best 'sparky' and Exogenesis being the best overall Atlantis story IMO with some great subtle sparky thrown in). I also liked Reliquary...not a ton of Elizabeth stuff, but some great subtle, subtle Sparky there as well and a good story involving the city to boot.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      She tried, poor girl. I think Ronon liked it. There were tigers on the island at the time, and he'd been mauled on some trip out with Teyla. He'd also damaged his knee falling out of a Ferris Wheel. http://flyboy-shepp.livejournal.com/14964.html for the curious (A John 'For Elizabeth'! With accellerated heartbeats when she arrives. They always Sparky in denial! XD)

What SK mentions (Mirror, Mirror being the best 'sparky' and Exogenesis being the best overall Atlantis story IMO with some great subtle sparky thrown in). I also liked Reliquary...not a ton of Elizabeth stuff, but some great subtle, subtle Sparky there as well and a good story involving the city to boot.
                      Awesome I mostly just want to avoid stumbling into nonexistent 'Lizabeth, or Teyla/Sheppard. (I really disliked them from the pilot ep for some reason)

Only repeatedly. Go read the episode thread. This is when a lot of non-shippers started to notice Sparky and are quite humorously puzzled by it.
                      I meant asking someone like the Flan xD But I'll check it out!

Also if you (general you, not you you) think the pro/anti arguments started in S4 of SGA and got more intense with SGU, you'll find you are mistaken. This fandom has always been quite divided.
                      Pro/anti?

Comment

She tried, poor girl. I think Ronon liked it. There were tigers on the island at the time, and he'd been mauled on some trip out with Teyla. He'd also damaged his knee falling out of a Ferris Wheel. http://flyboy-shepp.livejournal.com/14964.html for the curious (A John 'For Elizabeth'! With accellerated heartbeats when she arrives. They always Sparky in denial! XD)

Awesome I mostly just want to avoid stumbling into nonexistent 'Lizabeth, or Teyla/Sheppard. (I really disliked them from the pilot ep for some reason)

Pro/anti?
                        As far as non-existent Elizabeth, that's the case with Halcyon and Entanglement. They don't really feature her much.

There isn't much Sheyla around the books--there isn't much shipping in generally, actually, though Halcyon may have a few moments if I remember correctly--but those are the only two which don't really feature Elizabeth at all. I wasn't a fan of Halcyon for reasons other than that, but I did enjoy Entanglement, despite the lack of Elizabeth.

Comment

gateraid: You're hilarious. My favorite is the discussion between John and Woolsey.lol
                          pkprd: Your story is great, my homie.

About the books: Ahhh "Mirror, Mirror" and the CPR scene... "Exogenesis" is excellent.
                          I read several review on "Angelus" and it's not positive. I don't know if I will buy it even if I really really want to read "John's dream".
                          I'm happy to read that Jo Graham (I hope it's her name...*Dory gene*) wants to write a story with Elizabeth and she will write for Teyla but
                          Spoiler:
                          I just hope she will not put Teyla and John together.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Pro/anti?
                            Ah, I doubt the Flan will remember. He keeps getting asked about the wristband and I think has grown tired of it. Last time he said "it came with the uniform". Well, those who have seen pics of him before SGA know that's not true. He's always got at least a bracelet on that arm and in the older pics it's a black wristband. I know he's been asked about 38 Min and so has JM on his blog. I don't think they ever knew what it was.

Anyhoo, anti/pro threads got a bit out of control in S4. There was anti/pro everything with the anti Weir ones being the most vehement. GW finally banned them.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ahhh "Mirror, Mirror" and the CPR scene.
                              Anything with 'CPR scene' has me intrigued.

I read several review on "Angelus" and it's not positive. I don't know if I will buy it even if I really really want to read "John's dream".
                              What did they say?

I'm happy to read that Jo Graham (I hope it's her name...*Dory gene*) wants to write a story with Elizabeth and she will write for Teyla but...
                              I don't see why she would. They put a lot of time into the whole Kanaan thing, and while I still find it a bit random and hurried, I doubt they would drop it.

Ah, I doubt the Flan will remember. He keeps getting asked about the wristband and I think has grown tired of it. Last time he said "it came with the uniform". Well, those who have seen pics of him before SGA know that's not true. He's always got at least a bracelet on that arm and in the older pics it's a black wristband. I know he's been asked about 38 Min and so has JM on his blog. I don't think they ever knew what it was.
                              Maybe ask Wright?

Anyhoo, anti/pro threads got a bit out of control in S4. There was anti/pro everything with the anti Weir ones being the most vehement. GW finally banned them.
                              So that's where the 'misgivings only' threads went?

Comment

Anything with 'CPR scene' has me intrigued.

What did they say?

I don't see why she would. They put a lot of time into the whole Kanaan thing, and while I still find it a bit random and hurried, I doubt they would drop it.

Maybe ask Wright?

So that's where the 'misgivings only' threads went?
                                Mirror, Mirror features John and Elizabeth alone (and alone and alone--you'll have to read it to understand what I'm referring to) together for a good 1/2 of the book. The best part of it is a scene where they get dumped in a river with Elizabeth getting trapped under the water and, well, CPR ensues.

Definitely the best J/E stuff, but the characterization is kinda off, especially for Ronon and Teyla, so as far as actual 'close-to-canon' stories I prefer Exogenesis.

Yes, the misgiving threads went to that great GW archive in the sky after the new Community Vision Statement was released.

Comment

Working...
                                X