Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Where's the pic? I'm getting an 'invalid attachment' error message.

That said, the caption is hilarious!
    *scratches head* I'm not sure what happened there. It was just one out of Runner, in the scene where Caldwell is ordering Shep to neutralise RainbowWraithFord

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
    Hello everyone!! Just had to jump in here and let you all know that I've been a Sparky follower since 38 minutes. Just love these two together.
    Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
    38 minutes was a deal breaker for me as well.
    Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
    From 38 minutes onward I thought Shep/Weir was obvious canon.
    Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    *grin* Yes, even as a mostly non-shipper, I thought that 38 Minutes indicated their direction pretty clearly. Boy was I in for a surprise.
    Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    tee hee...I'm part of the "38 Minutes" club too...and boy was I mad at first!
    I read on this forum once (was it you, SK?) that TPTW were test-driving Sparky in that ep. I love that description.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were trying to set something up there, or at least leaving the door open for it. Not sure why they backed off

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
    Kaiserslautern is not really a remarkable city that you would want to visit when being on holiday in Germany...

Very tempting, but I won't learn anything, then...

That's the teaser for the fic:
    Spoiler:
    “Elizabeth, Rodney thinks that apart from the Genii the Albarians are the most advanced race that we’ve found so far,” John pointed out again, as he seated himself on her desk.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, secretly relieved that John was resuming his normal attitude towards her. Their argument during the lockdown still hung between them, even though two weeks had passed. “But field teams have done very well when it comes to negotiating with the locals. Why are you so determined that I visit them personally?” She suspected that he was up to something, because he had been going on about this since he had come back from M1T-412 yesterday, nagging her that she should attend the negotiations for supplies and exchange with the Albarians in person, instead of sending a team as usual. Not that she would mind at this point to get off Atlantis for a while, but there was just so much to do. All the rebuilding after the storm…

“Yeah, but technologically they are on the level of Earth in the 1950s. They would be really valuable allies. Because of the shield, the planet hasn’t been culled for centuries,” John repeated his arguments. All of this Elizabeth had heard before and sighted. Yes, this shield would be really interesting to look into, and Rodney was very excited. But this wasn’t a very plausible reason why she had to go herself and she knew John. This just wasn’t the whole truth. He didn’t usually like it when she went off-world, either. “So?” Elizabeth enquired.

Obviously frustrated by the lack of positive response, John jumped off the table and ran his hand through his hair. “And they’re having this Advent Celebration…”

“Yes, they celebrate the Advent of the Saviour who had the ability to control Ancient technology and turned on the cloaking shield that has since protected them from the Wraiths, because the planet looks uninhabited from space. I was at the meeting, John,” Elizabeth said impatiently.

“Well, they have this Advent Market with lots of handcrafted goods, lights and food and it’s very pretty, I thought you should see it,” John mumbled.

“You think I should lead the negotiations, because you want me to see their Advent Market?” she replied somewhat bemused and with slight disbelief.

“They even have a little ferris wheel!”
    Loved it

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Oooo, this is good so far! I can't wait for more!

Um, I'm currently posting 10,000 feet in the air. Just thought I'd share, because it's kinda cool.
    It's no flying city, but pretty cool for us mere mortals
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      I agree on 38 Minutes! It sealed the deal for me as well.
      And I so happy to see so many new faces here

EDIT: Here's a question: I've just come home from a Christmas market. Do you guys have them in your country? How about E/J at a Christmas market getting tipsy on hot spiced wine. They should encouner an alien race that has a celebration like this *g*
      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ahem.

Plot bunny on the loose!
      Okay, not too much wine though. Nothing like throwing up on someone to ruin an evening (i've never done that), or falling asleep in vomit (*whistles*). Mind you, if they drank as much as i can on a night out, they'd, well, die....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Drew: I wanted to answer to your PM but after ten minutes, I don't have an answer. I can't choose. There are many great scenes. For the moment, I will take the coffee scene but I' m not sure.

Question for everybody: What is your favorite sparky scene?

I will give you my answer after that, Drew.lol
        Bwahaba? Um, that's really, really hard for me to answer. I've never been good with #1 anythings. Other than my favorite color is blue and my favorite album of all time is Metallica: S&M.

Huh.

I can break it down:

Favorite Happy moment: the Hug, Siege III
        Favorite Flirty Moment: "Are you defending my honor" scene, Misbegotten
        Favorite Sad Scene: Conversion's "Best for both of us" scene
        Favorite Stare: Siege, Part II
        Favorite Sad Stare: GITM's end stare
        Favorite only-John-as-one-half-of-the-ship-scene: Adrift's "She'll never be the same Elizabeth" scene
        Favorite angry scene: Hot Zone's "we did think of that, Major!" (cuz she pwns him!)
        Favorite OMG They are such a ship despite not being a ship!: The end scene, 38 Minutes.

But...of all of them, I'd probably pick the standoff from "The Eye" simply because it's the foundation for every Sparky argument (coupled with all the other good scenes in that episode) I could ever make. There is no explaining away John's crazy behavior during that episode to anything but concern and anger over Elizabeth's death and intention of getting her back and keeping her alive.

That was of absolutely no help, was it?
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Drew: I wanted to answer to your PM but after ten minutes, I don't have an answer. I can't choose. There are many great scenes. For the moment, I will take the coffee scene but I' m not sure.

I like two scenes in Misbegotten. Not because I think they are the most sparky though, oddly. One is the boardroom scene (feel so......hungry) because it shows Elizabeth's heart, and because it shows the bond in McShweir. The other is the 'defending her honour' scene. It's obviously flirty, but it was written purely to show the passage of time. They could have written any other scene, with any of the other characters, yet they chose to write that one. Heehee. And to make it even better, it's an M & M ep.
          sigpic

Comment

Bwahaba? Um, that's really, really hard for me to answer. I've never been good with #1 anythings. Other than my favorite color is blue and my favorite album of all time is Metallica: S&M.

Huh.

I can break it down:

Favorite only-John-as-one-half-of-the-ship-scene: Adrift's "She'll never be the same Elizabeth" scene
            Favorite angry scene: Hot Zone's "we did think of that, Major!" (cuz she pwns him!)
            Favorite OMG They are such a ship despite not being a ship!: The end scene, 38 Minutes.

But...of all of them, I'd probably pick the standoff from "The Eye" simply because it's the foundation for every Sparky argument (coupled with all the other good scenes in that episode) I could ever make. There is no explaining away John's crazy behavior during that episode to anything but concern and anger over Elizabeth's death and intention of getting her back and keeping her alive.

You're not helping.lol It's for a sig that drew will make me.
            I already know that I don't want one on GITM because I want Torri in it.
            Why is it so hard to find an answer?
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I like two scenes in Misbegotten. Not because I think they are the most sparky though, oddly. One is the boardroom scene (feel so......hungry) because it shows Elizabeth's heart, and because it shows the bond in McShweir. The other is the 'defending her honour' scene. It's obviously flirty, but it was written purely to show the passage of time. They could have written any other scene, with any of the other characters, yet they chose to write that one. Heehee. And to make it even better, it's an M & M ep.
              Thanks for the answer.

Drew: Maybe you can make a sig for each sparky moment.lol
              sigpic

Comment

Have a great day/evening Sparkies! I'm being asked to put away 'portable electronic devices'--sayonara from 30,000 feet now!

Comment

You work in sports and you listen to Metallica? You could not be any cooler

Huh.

I can break it down:

All good examples. There really is no other reason for him to say to Kolya that he'll do anything he wants. I don't think he'd do the same for Sgt Bates
                  sigpic

Comment

My you lot post when I'm examining the inside of my eyelids!

And you know what? It's so nice to be on the same page with so many people regarding our Spark fetish. hehehe

Alrighty then... Favourite Sparky scene:

Not really a scene but more the two parter The Storm/The Eye. As Eri said, there really is no other explanation for John going off the deep end as much as he did.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Drew: Maybe you can make a sig for each sparky moment.lol
                      oh yea, sure....as soon as you come to my house to take care of the kids while I play around on GIMP! lol

Have a great day/evening Sparkies! I'm being asked to put away 'portable electronic devices'--sayonara from 30,000 feet now!
                      *waves* have a safe landing!
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

You're not helping.lol It's for a sig that drew will make me.
                        I already know that I don't want one on GITM because I want Torri in it.
                        Why is it so hard to find an answer?
                        Ah, for graphics! When I do graphics, I typically tend to put ones with both Elizabeth/John in the cap, or at least with good cross stares. Balcony scenes tend to be the most dreamy and best--Progeny's end, or perhaps The Tower's end?

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          oh yea, sure....as soon as you come to my house to take care of the kids while I play around on GIMP! lol

Tell me where you live.lol

*waves* have a safe landing!
                          Ah, for graphics! When I do graphics, I typically tend to put ones with both Elizabeth/John in the cap, or at least with good cross stares. Balcony scenes tend to be the most dreamy and best--Progeny's end, or perhaps The Tower's end?
                          Thanks for the ideas. See you tomorrow.

I don't know why but for the moment I want to take the "coffee scene" in Intruder. A flirty moment....a happy sig....even if I like sad/john (Adrift).
                          Ok before I change my mind. Drew, takes the coffee scene.
                          And thank you. *hugs you*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
                            My you lot post when I'm examining the inside of my eyelids!

And you know what? It's so nice to be on the same page with so many people regarding our Spark fetish. hehehe

Alrighty then... Favourite Sparky scene:

Not really a scene but more the two parter The Storm/The Eye. As Eri said, there really is no other explanation for John going off the deep end as much as he did.
                            Especially when you consider that Kolya's weapon looked like this:

Spoiler:

Water pistol much?

Edited to add: It's not really a sparky scene as such, but there's the Lorne/Weir scenes in The Lost Boys (I know how much you worry. We worry.............. Weir's gonna be pissed)
                            Last edited by gateraid; 12 December 2009, 05:12 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can only pick one?

*scratches head* I'm not sure what happened there. It was just one out of Runner, in the scene where Caldwell is ordering Shep to neutralise RainbowWraithFord
                              Gotcha.

I read on this forum once (was it you, SK?) that TPTW were test-driving Sparky in that ep. I love that description.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were trying to set something up there, or at least leaving the door open for it. Not sure why they backed off
                              Couldn't have been me; that's the first I've ever heard of it. That's really damned annoying if the story is true, though; why would they have backed off from such natural chemistry? Were they that obsessed with sabotaging the show?

Gah. I want to go watch Storm/Eye again now!

*waves* Have a safe landing and see you tomorrow!

Thanks for the ideas. See you tomorrow.

I don't know why but for the moment I want to take the "coffee scene" in Intruder. A flirty moment....a happy sig....even if I like sad/john (Adrift).
                              Ok before I change my mind. Drew, takes the coffee scene.
                              And thank you. *hugs you*
                              Good choice! I love the coffee scene!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Especially when you consider that Kolya's weapon looked like this:

Spoiler:
                                [ATTACH]9229[/ATTACH]

Water pistol much?
                                *snickers* And weren't the Genii guns originally from some other show?

Edited to add: It's not really a sparky scene as such, but there's the Lorne/Weir scenes in The Lost Boys (I know how much you worry. We worry.............. Weir's gonna be pissed)
                                Oh, those are totally Sparky scenes, because Lorne is a Sparky shipper.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X