Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yay Airman!

Glad you liked the fic. Who else should I write about?

*accepts job as showrunner* Now let's move on to S6.

Memo to all former writers for Stargate:Atlantis: There's a new sheriff in town. She's got red hair and she's possibly armed so watch it. When you come to work tomorrow morning some of you will find moving boxes in your office. If you find said boxes in your office, fill them with all personal belongings and exit the building. A security guard will be available to assist you with this endeavor. Please leave any keys to your office, the storage closets and the conference rooms on your desk. And try not to let the studio gates smack you in the behind. That is all.

A new team of writers will be arriving to replace those who are departing. Carl Binder has been assigned as a one man welcome committee. Most of the new writers know each other from the Sparky thread on GW or on LJ but only under usernames. Our first meeting will consist of a get-to-know-you brunch with mimosas mojitos on the SGA set. Don't be late.
    I'll watch that show, SR! Make sure you call Torri back and then we can start fixing the mess
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Congrats to nephtys for reaching the esteemed rank of Airman!
      Thanks!!! I'm so happy about that!

That's pretty much the only thing that kept me watching S4-5; getting to see Joe every week.
      Same here.

I think they just want him miserable, period. Poor John. *pets him*
      Poor puppy
      But ... better miserable that with a different chick

Comment

You can be my administrative assistant. Everyone will have to talk to you to get in to see me. Except that Flanigan guy.
        Well....I hoped a better job but why not.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          I'll watch that show, SR! Make sure you call Torri back and then we can start fixing the mess
          She's the first second one I plan to call.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Well....I hoped a better job but why not.lol
          Hey, beggars can't be choosers. You'll have a lot of power. Just think when the former writers come crawling back begging for their jobs you can tell them to go away in French.

And when JF comes in to give me suggestions for how he wants the show to go, you can talk to him in French. and I won't understand a word

Now who wants to be in charge of talking to fans who come by to push their ship agenda?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Now who wants to be in charge of talking to fans who come by to push their ship agenda?
            No, but if you search for JF's official cuddling fan, I'm heeeeeeeeeeeere!!!

Comment

Hey, beggars can't be choosers. You'll have a lot of power. Just think when the former writers come crawling back begging for their jobs you can tell them to go away in French.

And when JF comes in to give me suggestions for how he wants the show to go, you can talk to him in French. and I won't understand a word

Hand them over to me *rubs hands gleefully* I can talk to them in Croatian

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                No, but if you search for JF's official cuddling fan, I'm heeeeeeeeeeeere!!!
                Well, let's see. He will need someone on the set to be in charge of making him comfortable and bringing him food, a pillow, coffee, his newspaper...things like that. I'm sure all that running and shooting will also make him tired, so who says he won't need the occasional shoulder massage. All on a very professional level of course.

And meanwhile you can be whispering little facts about how much all the fans love Sparky and want that ship to happen on screen. But I doubt he will need much prompting to pick up right where he and Torri left off with their characters.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Hand them over to me *rubs hands gleefully* I can talk to them in Croatian
                  They're yours. I'll send the McKeller fans in first. I'm sure you will be very polite when you are laying down the law explaining things.

Fear of getting modded makes me reluctant to go further with this. But I trust you to know what to say.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, let's see. He will need someone on the set to be in charge of making him comfortable and bringing him food, a pillow, coffee, his newspaper...things like that. I'm sure all that running and shooting will also make him tired, so who says he won't need the occasional shoulder massage. All on a very professional level of course.
                    And meanwhile you can be whispering little facts about how much all the fans love Sparky and want that ship to happen on screen. But I doubt he will need much prompting to pick up right where he and Torri left off with their characters.
                    Now, that's what I call a REAL job!!! Let's get started!

Comment

And now try and tell me that THIS isn't THE LOOK OF LOVE and I'm going to scream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                        Now, that's what I call a REAL job!!! Let's get started!
                        I'll meet you in Vancouver. But now my husband wants to know if I want to watch a Farscape. Can't say no to that. Later.
                        sigpic

Comment

Home Again part 2

^snipped (sadly) for space

[/SPOILERS]

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS. I LOVE THIS!

*FLAILS*

That ending was perfection! Perfection perfection! THE STORM! *flails more*

I will gladly write up episode synopsis and time continuity elements that highlight why we are going the direction we're going in S6. I will also organize mandatory Monday group discussion sessions so that all writers know exactly what all other writers will be writing in every episode.

And I'll get Torri's coffee in the mornings so I can bug her about going back to NCIS and sweeping Gibbs off his feet.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Finally had more than a handful of minutes to sit down and read SR's new story... ZOMG, woman! That's so awesome!

Ending on The Storm, eh? Well, at least now they know not to evacuate to Manaria.

*accepts job as showrunner* Now let's move on to S6.

Memo to all former writers for Stargate:Atlantis: There's a new sheriff in town. She's got red hair and she's possibly armed so watch it. When you come to work tomorrow morning some of you will find moving boxes in your office. If you find said boxes in your office, fill them with all personal belongings and exit the building. A security guard will be available to assist you with this endeavor. Please leave any keys to your office, the storage closets and the conference rooms on your desk. And try not to let the studio gates smack you in the behind. That is all.

A new team of writers will be arriving to replace those who are departing. Carl Binder has been assigned as a one man welcome committee. Most of the new writers know each other from the Sparky thread on GW or on LJ but only under usernames. Our first meeting will consist of a get-to-know-you brunch with mimosas mojitos on the SGA set. Don't be late.
                            *salutes* Reporting for duty, ma'am!

Hmm, we'll also need someone to handle security. Both on-set, to make sure our actors and writers aren't bothered by stalkers overzealous fans, and to prevent our carefully-crafted episodes from being spoiled before they even air. I'd like to volunteer for that. *polishes flame thrower*

Darn straight!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Home Again part 2

Spoiler:
                              Teyla

She approached him tentatively and indicating the empty chair at his table asked politely if she might join him. With a wave of his hand and a smile, he invited her to take a seat.

She set her tray of food on the table and eased herself gracefully into the chair across from him. “Major Sheppard,” she began after a brief hesitation, “Dr. Weir has explained to me that your experience on our last mission was very different from that of the rest of the team.”

John took a sip of his coffee and raised his eyes to hers. “You might say that. In fact, different is a very good word for it.”

“The joy of shopping in the marvelous marketplace of your world quite took my full attention,” Teyla explained. “I am afraid I neglected to notice that your reactions were very...out of character.”

John waved her apology away. “No, no no,” he said, “you can't blame yourself. At first everything was normal, or at least sort of normal. It didn't all go sideways until dead people started to show up.”

“And then later, we all thought we had been returned to Atlantis.” Teyla's forehead wrinkled in confusion as she attempted to understand the chain of events.

“You all were returned here.” John paused to crumple his napkin and push his tray away. “I'm the only one who continued on through the looking glass.”

At Teyla's growing sense of puzzlement, John huffed a laugh and said, “Look Teyla, I know all this is hard to understand and it's probably best that you don't worry yourself with all the details. Let's just say that a number of very unpleasant things happened to all of us and leave it at that.”

Teyla nodded and in her serene way tried to offer a bit of comfort. “All that matters is that you have been returned to your home and hopefully none of those...unpleasant events will transpire.”

A thousand thoughts crowded into John's mind and he wrestled with the notion of telling the Athosian about the best parts of her future. But he remembered just in time that they had only known each other for a short while and she was not as yet entirely comfortable talking about things of a personal nature with him. She was looking up at him now as he rose and prepared to depart with that same open look of interest that he had been observing from her since they met.

John sighed and picked up his tray. “Teyla,” he asked “is there an Athosian by the name of Kanaan?”

Teyla ducked her head and John could have sworn a slight blush colored her cheeks. “Why yes, Major. Kanaan is a childhood friend. Why do you ask?”

“Because, Teyla, there is one part of the world that I spent the last four years in that I hope does come true. Maybe you should spend some time with this Kanaan the next time you visit your people. You may find him very interesting.”

Teyla's smile grew as she watched the Major walk away. Perhaps she would take his advice.

Bates

He stood when his commanding officer entered his office and eyed the man suspiciously. The mission report he had recently been reading had been disturbing on a whole new level. This galaxy was bad enough with its life-sucking aliens and strange new customs, but finding out that his boss had lived a whole separate life in the time it took the off world team to return through the wormhole had been unusually disconcerting. And the part about himself being injured and sent back to Earth was truly chilling. Even knowing that he would recover and go on to have a successful new career did nothing to settle his mind.

“Sir.” Bates snapped to attention.

Sheppard waved a hand and put the man at ease. “Sergeant, I suppose you've been briefed.”

“Yes sir. And if you'll pardon my saying so sir, I think we need to increase security in a number of areas.”

“Well,” the Colonel drawled, “Sergeant, I would say that increased security would not have made much difference in the first place. These mist people seem to be able to do whatever the hell they want.”

“If you say so, sir.” The smirk that John remembered so well was back on Bates's face.

John sighed and held the man's eyes with his. “What I need you to do is send out some feelers to all the planets you think are safe.”

“Feelers? For what, sir.”

“A man, Sergeant. He's from a planet called Sateda. It's possible he's on the run from the Wraith and is moving from planet to planet. His name is Ronon Dex and I want you to find him.”

“Sir, how do you...?” Bates began but Sheppard was quick to interrupt.

“I don't want an argument. I don't want to hear about how difficult it will be to find one man in an entire galaxy. Just do it. And do it now.”

“Yes sir. We'll get on it right away sir.”

“Thank you, Sergeant. We will find him and we will bring him home.”

Sheppard left without another word and after staring at his departing back for a heartbeat, Sergeant Bates reached for his radio.

Ford

He had not been cleared to read the mission report yet and as a result had come up with a number of alarming and downright impossible scenarios that might explain what had the brass in such a dither. All he knew was that some strange entity on that fog planet had made them all see things and believe they had been to Earth. It turned out not to be true and Lieutenant Ford was disappointed and relieved all at the same time. The Major, however, appeared to have experienced something quite beyond all that.

He shuffled his feet nervously and glanced sideways at his commanding officer. They had spent the last hour banging away at paper targets on the firing range. In the way of soldiers who are comfortable with weapons and each other they had exchanged few words. Now the Major holstered his weapon and turned toward the young Lieutenant.

“Can I ask you a personal question, Ford?” Sheppard said.

“Of course, sir.” Ford lowered his pistol and waited.

“Do you like it here?”

Puzzled by the unusual question, Ford thought for a moment before replying. “It's a very special place, sir. If I can't be home, I don't think I'd want to be anywhere else.”

The Major nodded as if satisfied by the answer. “That's good to know, Lieutenant. There may come a time when you feel differently. If that happens, stop and think if you can that you are an important part of the team here.”

“Yes sir.” The Lieutenant knew he was missing something but wanted to reassure his CO that he would follow his orders if the time came to make such an important decision.

“Don't worry, sir,” Ford went on. “As long as I'm able I'll always choose to stay in Atlantis. We've got a lot more work to do here.”

“Indeed we do, Lieutenant. Indeed we do.”

Peter

He watched as Major Sheppard walked across the control room and went into Dr. Weir's office. There was something different in the way the Major was acting around him since the unfortunate incident that happened during the last mission when the entire command team had returned shaken and unusually reticent. Peter Grodin was not able to find out just what had the leaders of Atlantis on edge, but he knew it was only a matter of time until the information came into his hands.

In the meantime, he kept a sharp eye out and an ear tuned to pick up any tidbits.

“Doctor Grodin, do you have a moment?” The man's voice startled him from his reverie.

“Of course, Major. How can I help you?”

The Major looked a bit uncomfortable before squaring his shoulders and looking Peter in the eye. “I just wanted to say that I think you are doing a fine job here. Dr. Weir and I really appreciate your expertise. You have been of tremendous help to her especially and I just want you to know I am aware of your contribution.”

Never having heard so many words at once from the officer, Peter was temporarily taken aback. “Thank you Major. I enjoy my work here and consider it an honor to serve with both you and Dr. Weir.”

Sheppard's gaze drifted for a moment to the glass walls of Weir's office behind which she could be seen working at her desk. Grodin turned slightly in mirror image of the Major's stance and both men stood silently watching her for a moment before Sheppard turned and walked toward the doors to the balcony.

Unmoving, Peter Grodin stood in silent observation of the man as he came to rest by the balcony railing, arms folded and head down as if in contemplation of the calm seas below.

John

He was pretty sure he had covered all his bases. Talking to people about personal stuff was never something he was comfortable with and talking to them about personal stuff that might never happen was just damn bizarre. Consequently, John Sheppard was left with an unsettled feeling that refused to go away. For some reason he felt most confortable out on the balcony off the control room which was where he now stood, arms stiff as he leaned on the railing with his head down.

We haven’t given up hope. If there’s a chance she’s still alive, I’ll find her.

John's fists tightened on the railing.

We got the drones. We got a few jumpers. I even got the girl.

A flash of images like lightning behind his eyes, words and pictures tumbling over each other in a kaleidoscope of visions.

Well, what's the point in being out here if we're not gonna try to make a difference, right?

Why indeed? And what now? Start basically all over and try to avoid making the same mistakes, running into the same traps. Live every day always on edge expecting to run into a near death situation that had already been survived once or just go out and meet a whole set of new enemies that wanted to kill them all? John banged his fist on the metal railing in frustration and turned abruptly to go back inside.

But as he straightened and raised his head, he saw her standing there watching him. She was twisting her fingers together in a gesture that was so familiar it made his chest ache and never more than in that moment had he wanted to blurt out everything to her. He wanted to tell her about the nightmares and the endless nights without any sleep at all and the days that he had been a walking shell moving about the city as if in a fog.

She walked closer and stopped a few feet away, her eyes never leaving his. “I think it's time you went on a mission, Major. That is, if you feel ready.”

John nodded, “Getting back to work sounds like a plan.” He tried to get an upbeat tone to his voice without much success.

“Good,” Elizabeth continued, “first thing tomorrow I need you and Teyla to go on a little scouting mission. Nothing big, just a jumper ride over to the mainland. We need to get some idea of what's on this planet.”

John's heart leapt into his throat. “That's not necessary. Because I can tell you right now, that a storm is on its way. Where's McKay?”

Elizabeth stared after him in shocked silence as John raced past her. Then she gathered herself together and followed after him, activating her radio and calling Rodney as she went.
                              SR, this is fantastic! I love it, all the little vignettes. You could go on with this, and I'd be interested to see how things pan out, but what I'm interested of the most is how his relationship with Elizabeth develops. I mean, at this point he knows her, only he doesn't - yet. What happens next? I would really like to read more.

Comment

I'm a little jealous of nephtys' job.lol
                                But I'm pleased and honored to be in charge of this mission. I will have a lot of fun with writers.lol Love the fact I will talk to Joe in french.
                                Time to bed. I will have a beautiful dream I think.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X