Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *high-fives* We'll tame those angst bunnies yet and make them give you some juicy stuff to write!
    I don't know what's gotten into me...I keep jumping out of my comfort zone...darn John and Elizabeth for being so darned inspiring.... lol
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      I don't know what's gotten into me...I keep jumping out of my comfort zone...darn John and Elizabeth for being so darned inspiring.... lol
      Ah, but that's why we love them so, because they're so inspiring. We just can't stop playing with them, LOL!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*yawns*

Well, it's been a long day, and it's bedtime out here on the West Coast, so nighty-night, Sparkies, and have pleasant (and perhaps smutty, heehee!) Sparky dreams!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          In case anyone is interested in the upcoming SGA books, this author indicates that she is interested in continuing Elizabeth's story in future books.

It looks like this series will be considered canon, unlike the novels that have come previously.
          This is a good news. Happy to see she will write for female characters.

Question: Why do you speak of naked John when I sleep ? I miss the interesting discussions.lol

My friend, Missphilou, made a sig for me but I can't use them on this forum.
          But I want to share it with you. Link sig
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Question: Why do you speak of naked John when I sleep ? I miss the interesting discussions.lol

Good morning!

We can keep talking about naked John if you'd like!

that sig is really pretty!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Would you complain about the semi nekkid parts? Me? Anyone here?

Yes, I am trying to redirect this convo into gutter.
              So I stumble off to bed stuffed full of turkey and pumpkin pie and you guys head for the gutter. But I'm awake now. Sort of.

Back at the beginning of this gutter talk I had an interesting thought. What if SGA had been more like SGU with the sex? After 5 seasons of that, how would we now feel? How would any shipper feel? What if John had acted on his initial attraction to Teyla and they had been seen rolling around in her room with all those pillows and candles? Then suppose at some point John and Elizabeth had ended up in a storage closet acting out some of our best fantasies? Be honest now. How would we have reacted?

Personally, my opinion of all of them would be drastically different and I never would have grown to love the Sparky chemistry and the UST. Would seeing John shirtless on a weekly basis be worth it? *thinks*

Love the sig. But maybe you can get her to do one that's not animated and you can use it.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So I stumble off to bed stuffed full of turkey and pumpkin pie and you guys head for the gutter. But I'm awake now. Sort of.
                I'm pretty sure I haven't left the gutter for quite some time now....

Back at the beginning of this gutter talk I had an interesting thought. What if SGA had been more like SGU with the sex? After 5 seasons of that, how would we now feel? How would any shipper feel? What if John had acted on his initial attraction to Teyla and they had been seen rolling around in her room with all those pillows and candles? Then suppose at some point John and Elizabeth had ended up in a storage closet acting out some of our best fantasies? Be honest now. How would we have reacted?

Personally, my opinion of all of them would be drastically different and I never would have grown to love the Sparky chemistry and the UST. Would seeing John shirtless on a weekly basis be worth it? *thinks*

Love the sig. But maybe you can get her to do one that's not animated and you can use it.
                Honestly? As frustrating as all the innuendo is, I prefer having things left to my imagination. It's a lot more fun...
                That being said, a few glimpses of real intimacy between the characters would've been nice. I don't need closet sex, I can fill that in just fine all by myself...but a hug, an glimpse of hand holding, just something little and subtle would have been nice...
                How would I react if SGA were more like SGU when it comes to the sex...I'd be just as annoyed by it as I am now. I love the fact that I can watch SG1 and SGA with my boys, and there's no chance in you-know-where that the kids are watching SGU! Not to mention that it does, in fact, cheapen the characters for me...
                Flat out obvious sex is a total turn off for me.. (shirtless, Sheppard, on the other hand....*rawr* )
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Ya'll!

Another Sparky believer reports for duty!

However, since I have not been very actively involved in Stargate fandom (I have just watched SG-1 and Atlantis and enjoyed the ride, so to speak), I must confess that I have no clue where the ship name of "Sparky" becomes. So please- do tell.

Comment

I would hate it. I prefer to see UST and chemistry. Like Drew said, I would love to see more intimacy (hugs,...) between characters in SGA but SGU is too much sex. In SG1/SGA, this word doesn't exist. TPTB can't write it correctly. They don't find the right balance.
                    And I would be horrified if John was like Scott. He slept with everybody.lol
                    But like everybody said, John shirtless.....I'm not really against this idea.lol

I will wait my birthday. Drew told me she will make a sig for me.......No I'm not lying.lol

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
                    Hi Ya'll!

However, since I have not been very actively involved in Stargate fandom (I have just watched SG-1 and Atlantis and enjoyed the ride, so to speak), I must confess that I have no clue where the ship name of "Sparky" becomes. So please- do tell.
                    Oh a new member. Welcome here.
                    I'm sure SR will tell you why this ship name is "Sparky". I can't explain it.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I would hate it. I prefer to see UST and chemistry. Like Drew said, I would love to see more intimacy (hugs,...) between characters in SGA. TPTB can't write it. SGU is too much sex and in SG1/SGA, this word doesn't exist.
                      And I would be horrified if John was like Scott. He slept with everybody.lol
                      But like everybody said, John nakked.....I'm not really against this idea.lol

I will wait my birthday. Drew told me she will make a sig for me.......No I'm not lying.lol

Oh a new member. Welcome here.
                      I'm sure SR will tell you why this ship name is "Sparky". I can't explain it.lol
                      And I will make you a sig...but you have to remind me when your birthday is because I can never remember these things! Maybe I'll make you one for Christmas instead.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        And I will make you a sig...but you have to remind me when your birthday is because I can never remember these things! Maybe I'll make you one for Christmas instead.....
                        My birthday is tomorrow.lol
                        Yes I'm lying again. The real date: 28th January.
                        You can say no. I don't want to force you.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm off for today. I have to do some "babysitting" with my nephews. Youpi!!!! I hope I will survive.lol
                          See you tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Comment

My birthday is tomorrow.lol
                            Yes I'm lying again. The real date: 28th January.
                            You can say no. I don't want to force you.
                            I'm off for today. I have to do some "babysitting" with my nephews. Youpi!!!! I hope I will survive.lol
                            See you tomorrow.
                            Don't be silly...I wanna make you one... keep an eye out for a PM...

I'm babysitting my nieces today...again....woo....good luck!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
                              Hi Ya'll!

Welcome. We love getting new people.

Oh dear on the Sparky. It just kind of happened and it's not what you might think. I think it was first used on Zero Point Snark in one of their recaps. If you haven't read these, prepare to laugh until you wet yourself. It's basically just a nonsense word, like Spanky. LOL

But it sure fits. It had to be done because we all hated Shweir. *shudders*
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

IIRC the story I heard, someone picked it to rebel against the smush, right?

Though, I actually like how the smush sounds XD It's like Swoosh, like a red dress in a dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X