Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I wonder if any of TPTW ever watched this show.
    I've been thinking that for 5 years.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    In my family, we all watched SG1 (my brother and my 2 sisters), so science fiction isn't a problem for us. We even watched same "V" (yuk). Growing up, my family has stopped watching SG1 and SGA (must be said that the show was not more programmed to the TV) from Season 2. I am the only one that continues to watch. But sometimes, we still talk about this show because we have good memories together.
    For my mother, she likes to watch TV Shows with me especially House and NCIS. SGA is all new to her. She likes discovering new things even if she thinks that Stargate is not the best TV show.

Erin87, SK, Anuna: Thank you for my mom. She's the best.
    SR: I will give her a hug for you.
    The thing we always thought about SG-1 and then SGA was that they were just fun SciFi shows. You didn't have to think much about heavy issues, politics or world events. You liked the characters. They met bad guys and defeated them while cracking a few jokes along the way. Then SGA went all dark and heavy and the characters were sometimes unrecognizable as the people we once knew. It was a sad thing.

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    And alas.. Promises to Keep - Chapter 5
    [SPOILERS] [snipped]
    Your attention to detail is really good. You are becoming a better writer by the moment. And EEEEKKKKK! Poor Lizzie!
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Your mom sounds amazing!!
      And I totally agree with her opinions
      I did view that balcony scene as sparky though because it's a forming scene and it shows how their relationship grew and from where it started.

Honestly, I'm jealous of your mom. If I even dare opening my mouth about Stargate or Star Trek, or anything closely similar, my mom just gives me this look filled with contempt and starts talking about something completely different.
      Sci-fi and TV-shows in general don't interest her at all and she's also totally not interested when I talk about it. As a kid I wasn't even allowed to watch it on TV... made up for that though when I got my own TV in my own room
      My Mom and I have bonded over Lost. She's generally Lifetime movies, I'm generally more mainstream (or action/adventure, like my current fave, Burn Notice.)

But during reruns of the first season of Lost, my Mom was talking on the phone in the background while I was watching one of the episodes, and I realized about 30 minutes in that she'd stopped talking and was watching the show. She asked about it and was intrigued, and we went out and rented the S1 DVDs and had a Lost fest for about two weeks. We picked up watching the new episodes in Season 2, and now we've been regular night Lost watchers for five years now.

It's fun to do stuff like that with your Mom.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        My Mom and I have bonded over Lost. She's generally Lifetime movies, I'm generally more mainstream (or action/adventure, like my current fave, Burn Notice.)

But during reruns of the first season of Lost, my Mom was talking on the phone in the background while I was watching one of the episodes, and I realized about 30 minutes in that she'd stopped talking and was watching the show. She asked about it and was intrigued, and we went out and rented the S1 DVDs and had a Lost fest for about two weeks. We picked up watching the new episodes in Season 2, and now we've been regular night Lost watchers for five years now.

Even though my parents were quite old they never lost their interest in SciFi. When I was a kid we watched the original Star Trek together and in later years they watched a lot of stuff on SciFi. My mom loved John and called him "that good looking man with the black hair". Once when I was there for a visit we watched it together. I think it was Submersion or maybe Allies. I remember the wraith queen being a big source of amusement to both my parents. And my mom wanted to know when John was going to wake up and tell Elizabeth he loved her. Smart lady even at age 88.

They have since both passed away, but I still have that good memory.
        sigpic

Comment

I agree. I tried with my father but it's more complicated. I spent a lot of time to convince him to watch House. I succeeded because he likes this Tv Show now.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          The thing we always thought about SG-1 and then SGA was that they were just fun SciFi shows. You didn't have to think much about heavy issues, politics or world events. You liked the characters. They met bad guys and defeated them while cracking a few jokes along the way. Then SGA went all dark and heavy and the characters were sometimes unrecognizable as the people we once knew. It was a sad thing.
          Exactly why I like SGA and you explain very well why I lost interest in this show.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Sparky quote

Spoiler:
            71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
            (John shakes his head.)
            SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
            (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
            ZELENKA: That was the right call, by the way.
            SHEPPARD: Yeah, let’s hope so.
            (Radek pushes the wallscreen and the transporter doors close.)
            (Adrift)

72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
            WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
            SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
            WEIR: I didn’t think so.
            *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.* (38 minutes)

Spoiler:
            TECHNICIAN: We received word from Daedalus. They said they should be back to Atlantis by nineteen hundred hours.
            WEIR: They called the search off?
            TECHNICIAN: They said there was nothing to search for.
            (The two of them gaze at each other for a moment. Finally Elizabeth nods.)
            WEIR: Thank you.
            (The technician nods and walks away. Elizabeth stares after him in shock for a moment, then turns to walk back into her office. Before she can get there, the Gate starts to dial in and alarms sound.)
            TECHNICIAN: Offworld activation!
            (Elizabeth turns, a look of determined hope on her face, and heads into the Control Room.)
            WEIR: Who is it?
            TECHNICIAN: We have an I.D.C. (He smiles.) It's Colonel Sheppard's code!
            WEIR: Let 'em in! (She runs for the stairs.)
            (Grinning, the technician rolls his chair across to the console and hits the panel to lower the shield. As Elizabeth trots down the stairs, Ronon, John and Teyla stroll through the Gate, John making a placatory gesture to the two marines standing either side of the Gate with their weapons raised. Elizabeth runs across the Gateroom floor to meet the three of them.)
            SHEPPARD: Sorry we're late.
            (Elizabeth smiles delightedly at them.)(The Hive)

74. SHEPPARD: It's not like this hasn't happened before. The other Elizabeth got infected by those little nanite things and we figured out how to stop ‘em somehow. Maybe we can do the same for you.
            WEIR: So we wouldn't be a security threat?
            SHEPPARD (awkwardly): You can contribute. Things'll just be ... different.
            (Elizabeth sighs and shakes her head ruefully.)
            WEIR: That's not really the issue, John. I guess what really bothers me is just knowing that you and the others will always consider me less than what I really am.
            (A deep humming sound begins but John and Elizabeth don't notice it.)
            SHEPPARD: That's not true.
            WEIR: Of course it is – and I don't blame you.
            (This Mortal Coil)

75.McKAY: Ah. (They start to walk out of the room.) Now, is Sheppard still bugging you to let him use the ascension device to turn himself into some kind of a superhero?
            WEIR: Oh yes.
            McKAY: Despite the fact that the Ancient database states that its effects on people are wildly unpredictable and that I’m just lucky I wasn’t instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm.
            WEIR: Yes.
            McKAY: Yes. Well, maybe you should let him.
            WEIR: I think not.
            (Tao of Rodney)

76. WEIR: One of the biggest things that holds people back is that somewhere deep down they believe they're not deserving. *You* have to ... release your burden.
            (Tao of Rodney)

77.(Elizabeth gets off the bed and faces John.)
            WEIR: And I assume *you* have come to the Infirmary in order to have
            your head examined.
            SHEPPARD: Hey, I pulled it off, didn't I?
            (The Ark)

78. for length
            Spoiler:
            ATLANTIS. GATE ROOM. Elizabeth meets with Major Lorne, who has just returned through the Stargate with his team.
            WEIR: You're back early.
            LORNE: Uh, Jenev is kind of a closed society. Very polite, and very courteous, but completely uninterested in having anything to do with us.
            WEIR: Well, better that than hostile, I suppose. (She stops and turns to face Lorne.) Colonel Sheppard's team, three hours overdue.
            LORNE (smiling): Wouldn't be the first time. Any radio contact?
            WEIR: None since they left.
            LORNE: Well, you know those guys.
            WEIR: What do I know about those guys?
            LORNE: Just that they tend to get all caught up in whatever it is they're doing, and sometimes they don't check in. They forget how much you worry. (Elizabeth looks at him.) ... That we worry -- collectively, I mean.
            WEIR: Yes, we do.
            LORNE (looking embarrassed): Yeah. We do. (He half-grimaces/half-smiles, then turns to his team.) OK, you guys, it looks like we're headin' back out.
            WEIR (smiling): Thank you, Major.
            LORNE: You're welcome.
            (The Lost Boys)

79. HERMIOD: I have them on my screens. (A computer image of the two gliders comes up on the screen.) The computer-controlled ship is preparing to fire.
            SHEPPARD: Alright -- we're just gonna tap on the brakes here.
            (He pulls a lever back and he and Rodney shoot forward in their seats as the F-302 decelerates rapidly. The virus ship flashes past underneath them. Rodney gulps, trying not to be sick. In Engineering, Elizabeth and Hermiod watch the ships change position.)
            WEIR: Nice move!
            (The Intruder)

80. O'NEILL: Oh. Don't you have a dozen or so people already who can use the Ancient technology?
            WEIR: Yeah, with concentration and training they can make it work, but John Sheppard, he does it naturally.

81. For size (Intruder)

Spoiler:
            CALDWELL: Of course a corresponding increase in military presence would also be prudent.
            WEIR: I agree. That's why I wanted Major Sheppard to come back with me. In fact, I brought *all* my senior staff back. I think it's only fair that they participate in the selection process of the new personnel in their respective departments.
            LANDRY: That's kind of what we wanted to talk to you about. In your report, you singled Major Sheppard out for a lot of credit.
            WEIR: That's right.
            LANDRY: You were also candid enough to document several occasions on which you and the Major didn't exactly see eye to eye. In particular, there was an incident involving an alien nanovirus in which Major Sheppard directly disobeyed one of your orders.
            WEIR: He also saved a lot of lives that day.
            LANDRY: The Major's courage and ingenuity are not in question here.
            His ability to follow the proper chain of command *is*.
            WEIR: I'm not military, General.
            CALDWELL: But you are the leader of the expedition.
            LANDRY: You see, Doctor, from our point of view, Major Sheppard's independent nature poses a bit of a problem. If he could disobey *you*, he may see fit to do the same to the new commander of the military contingent on Atlantis.
            WEIR: Excuse me? When did this happen?
            LANDRY: Of course, the decision hasn't been made yet – but we do have a candidate in mind. (He looks at Caldwell, who tilts his head at Elizabeth.)
            WEIR: Atlantis *has* a military commander.
            LANDRY: You *had* a military commander – Colonel Sumner. When he was killed, Major Sheppard correctly assumed the position until a proper replacement could be brought in.
            CALDWELL: Doctor, you can't be suggesting that a mission of this importance be trusted to a Major, and one with a questionable record at that.
            WEIR: Major Sheppard's record before he joined my team doesn't concern me. All I can tell you is that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And as for his rank, if that's not good enough for you, you're just gonna have to promote him.
            LANDRY: Doctor ...
            WEIR (interrupting as she stands up): I shouldn't have to remind you gentlemen that I continue to have the support of the President and our foreign allies. (She smiles sweetly at Landry.) You don't wanna fight me on this one.
            (She leaves the room. Landry smiles ruefully at Caldwell.)

82. (John comes racing out of the woods and hurls himself onto the Beast's back. The Beast phases out and John crashes to the ground. Elizabeth runs to him as Carson runs to check out Ronon and Rodney checks Teyla. Carson picks up Ronon's sword and stabs it point down into the ground, then helps Ronon to his feet.)
            SHEPPARD (getting to his feet): What the hell took you so long?!
            WEIR: Believe it or not, you were only gone a couple of hours.
            SHEPPARD: Try six months!
            (Epiphany)

83. SHEPPARD: Doctor, this is why you brought me here.
            (Rising, Part 2)

84. SHEPPARD: We know you're working for The Trust, (he pulls a pistol out of a holster on his leg and cocks the gun, though he doesn't raise it yet) so give us the code.
            (Caldwell looks at them for a moment, then his eyes flash. He's a Goa'uld. Now John raises his pistol and aims it at him. Elizabeth takes a couple of steps backwards.)
            WEIR: Oh, my God!
            CALDWELL (smugly, in the dual voice of a Goa'uld): I will never give you that code.
            (John looks round at Elizabeth. She looks back at him for a moment, then turns and leaves the room. John continues to hold his pistol on Caldwell.)
            (Critical Mass)
            Sparky eye!sex. They don't even have to say a word.

85. SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop. I turn it off, and then I turn it on again.
            WEIR: I think this is a little bit more complicated than that.
            SHEPPARD: I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard Book of Computer Repair, we're really desperate.
            (The Intruder)

86. ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM.
            WEIR (into comms): Major, this is Weir. We didn't copy that. You're breaking up.
            SHEPPARD (over comms): I said there's ... (static) ... ermanence headed right ... (static) ... the weather forecasting.
            WEIR (to the tech sitting at the control panel): Did he just say "weather forecasting?!"
            (The Storm)

87. ALT-WEIR: Enjoy the moment -- what's here right now. The sun, the breeze ... our birthday!
            WEIR: Sheppard couldn't keep it to himself, huh?!
            (Before I Sleep)

88. KOLYA: #Dr. Weir was just one in a long line wasn’t she, Sheppard? Just another one that…slipped through your fingers. Cut scene Remnants

89. (John walks over to the gurney.)
            SHEPPARD: Elizabeth? Is she gonna be OK?
            KELLER: I don't know yet. She took quite a fall and her pupils are sluggish. I'm gonna have to get her under a scanner. I'll know more in a bit.

90. WEIR: Is that any way to talk to your wife?! TLG

91. Yes ma'am Rising

Not a sparky quote but my mother like this one so...
            sigpic

Comment

Sparky quote

Spoiler:
              71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
              (John shakes his head.)
              SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
              (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
              ZELENKA: That was the right call, by the way.
              SHEPPARD: Yeah, let’s hope so.
              (Radek pushes the wallscreen and the transporter doors close.)
              (Adrift)

72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
              WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
              SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
              WEIR: I didn’t think so.
              *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.* (38 minutes)

Spoiler:
              TECHNICIAN: We received word from Daedalus. They said they should be back to Atlantis by nineteen hundred hours.
              WEIR: They called the search off?
              TECHNICIAN: They said there was nothing to search for.
              (The two of them gaze at each other for a moment. Finally Elizabeth nods.)
              WEIR: Thank you.
              (The technician nods and walks away. Elizabeth stares after him in shock for a moment, then turns to walk back into her office. Before she can get there, the Gate starts to dial in and alarms sound.)
              TECHNICIAN: Offworld activation!
              (Elizabeth turns, a look of determined hope on her face, and heads into the Control Room.)
              WEIR: Who is it?
              TECHNICIAN: We have an I.D.C. (He smiles.) It's Colonel Sheppard's code!
              WEIR: Let 'em in! (She runs for the stairs.)
              (Grinning, the technician rolls his chair across to the console and hits the panel to lower the shield. As Elizabeth trots down the stairs, Ronon, John and Teyla stroll through the Gate, John making a placatory gesture to the two marines standing either side of the Gate with their weapons raised. Elizabeth runs across the Gateroom floor to meet the three of them.)
              SHEPPARD: Sorry we're late.
              (Elizabeth smiles delightedly at them.)(The Hive)

74. SHEPPARD: It's not like this hasn't happened before. The other Elizabeth got infected by those little nanite things and we figured out how to stop ‘em somehow. Maybe we can do the same for you.
              WEIR: So we wouldn't be a security threat?
              SHEPPARD (awkwardly): You can contribute. Things'll just be ... different.
              (Elizabeth sighs and shakes her head ruefully.)
              WEIR: That's not really the issue, John. I guess what really bothers me is just knowing that you and the others will always consider me less than what I really am.
              (A deep humming sound begins but John and Elizabeth don't notice it.)
              SHEPPARD: That's not true.
              WEIR: Of course it is – and I don't blame you.
              (This Mortal Coil)

75.McKAY: Ah. (They start to walk out of the room.) Now, is Sheppard still bugging you to let him use the ascension device to turn himself into some kind of a superhero?
              WEIR: Oh yes.
              McKAY: Despite the fact that the Ancient database states that its effects on people are wildly unpredictable and that I’m just lucky I wasn’t instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm.
              WEIR: Yes.
              McKAY: Yes. Well, maybe you should let him.
              WEIR: I think not.
              (Tao of Rodney)

76. WEIR: One of the biggest things that holds people back is that somewhere deep down they believe they're not deserving. *You* have to ... release your burden.
              (Tao of Rodney)

77.(Elizabeth gets off the bed and faces John.)
              WEIR: And I assume *you* have come to the Infirmary in order to have
              your head examined.
              SHEPPARD: Hey, I pulled it off, didn't I?
              (The Ark)

78. for length
              Spoiler:
              ATLANTIS. GATE ROOM. Elizabeth meets with Major Lorne, who has just returned through the Stargate with his team.
              WEIR: You're back early.
              LORNE: Uh, Jenev is kind of a closed society. Very polite, and very courteous, but completely uninterested in having anything to do with us.
              WEIR: Well, better that than hostile, I suppose. (She stops and turns to face Lorne.) Colonel Sheppard's team, three hours overdue.
              LORNE (smiling): Wouldn't be the first time. Any radio contact?
              WEIR: None since they left.
              LORNE: Well, you know those guys.
              WEIR: What do I know about those guys?
              LORNE: Just that they tend to get all caught up in whatever it is they're doing, and sometimes they don't check in. They forget how much you worry. (Elizabeth looks at him.) ... That we worry -- collectively, I mean.
              WEIR: Yes, we do.
              LORNE (looking embarrassed): Yeah. We do. (He half-grimaces/half-smiles, then turns to his team.) OK, you guys, it looks like we're headin' back out.
              WEIR (smiling): Thank you, Major.
              LORNE: You're welcome.
              (The Lost Boys)

79. HERMIOD: I have them on my screens. (A computer image of the two gliders comes up on the screen.) The computer-controlled ship is preparing to fire.
              SHEPPARD: Alright -- we're just gonna tap on the brakes here.
              (He pulls a lever back and he and Rodney shoot forward in their seats as the F-302 decelerates rapidly. The virus ship flashes past underneath them. Rodney gulps, trying not to be sick. In Engineering, Elizabeth and Hermiod watch the ships change position.)
              WEIR: Nice move!
              (The Intruder)

80. O'NEILL: Oh. Don't you have a dozen or so people already who can use the Ancient technology?
              WEIR: Yeah, with concentration and training they can make it work, but John Sheppard, he does it naturally.

81. For size (Intruder)

Spoiler:
              CALDWELL: Of course a corresponding increase in military presence would also be prudent.
              WEIR: I agree. That's why I wanted Major Sheppard to come back with me. In fact, I brought *all* my senior staff back. I think it's only fair that they participate in the selection process of the new personnel in their respective departments.
              LANDRY: That's kind of what we wanted to talk to you about. In your report, you singled Major Sheppard out for a lot of credit.
              WEIR: That's right.
              LANDRY: You were also candid enough to document several occasions on which you and the Major didn't exactly see eye to eye. In particular, there was an incident involving an alien nanovirus in which Major Sheppard directly disobeyed one of your orders.
              WEIR: He also saved a lot of lives that day.
              LANDRY: The Major's courage and ingenuity are not in question here.
              His ability to follow the proper chain of command *is*.
              WEIR: I'm not military, General.
              CALDWELL: But you are the leader of the expedition.
              LANDRY: You see, Doctor, from our point of view, Major Sheppard's independent nature poses a bit of a problem. If he could disobey *you*, he may see fit to do the same to the new commander of the military contingent on Atlantis.
              WEIR: Excuse me? When did this happen?
              LANDRY: Of course, the decision hasn't been made yet – but we do have a candidate in mind. (He looks at Caldwell, who tilts his head at Elizabeth.)
              WEIR: Atlantis *has* a military commander.
              LANDRY: You *had* a military commander – Colonel Sumner. When he was killed, Major Sheppard correctly assumed the position until a proper replacement could be brought in.
              CALDWELL: Doctor, you can't be suggesting that a mission of this importance be trusted to a Major, and one with a questionable record at that.
              WEIR: Major Sheppard's record before he joined my team doesn't concern me. All I can tell you is that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And as for his rank, if that's not good enough for you, you're just gonna have to promote him.
              LANDRY: Doctor ...
              WEIR (interrupting as she stands up): I shouldn't have to remind you gentlemen that I continue to have the support of the President and our foreign allies. (She smiles sweetly at Landry.) You don't wanna fight me on this one.
              (She leaves the room. Landry smiles ruefully at Caldwell.)

82. (John comes racing out of the woods and hurls himself onto the Beast's back. The Beast phases out and John crashes to the ground. Elizabeth runs to him as Carson runs to check out Ronon and Rodney checks Teyla. Carson picks up Ronon's sword and stabs it point down into the ground, then helps Ronon to his feet.)
              SHEPPARD (getting to his feet): What the hell took you so long?!
              WEIR: Believe it or not, you were only gone a couple of hours.
              SHEPPARD: Try six months!
              (Epiphany)

83. SHEPPARD: Doctor, this is why you brought me here.
              (Rising, Part 2)

84. SHEPPARD: We know you're working for The Trust, (he pulls a pistol out of a holster on his leg and cocks the gun, though he doesn't raise it yet) so give us the code.
              (Caldwell looks at them for a moment, then his eyes flash. He's a Goa'uld. Now John raises his pistol and aims it at him. Elizabeth takes a couple of steps backwards.)
              WEIR: Oh, my God!
              CALDWELL (smugly, in the dual voice of a Goa'uld): I will never give you that code.
              (John looks round at Elizabeth. She looks back at him for a moment, then turns and leaves the room. John continues to hold his pistol on Caldwell.)
              (Critical Mass)
              Sparky eye!sex. They don't even have to say a word.

85. SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop. I turn it off, and then I turn it on again.
              WEIR: I think this is a little bit more complicated than that.
              SHEPPARD: I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard Book of Computer Repair, we're really desperate.
              (The Intruder)

86. ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM.
              WEIR (into comms): Major, this is Weir. We didn't copy that. You're breaking up.
              SHEPPARD (over comms): I said there's ... (static) ... ermanence headed right ... (static) ... the weather forecasting.
              WEIR (to the tech sitting at the control panel): Did he just say "weather forecasting?!"
              (The Storm)

87. ALT-WEIR: Enjoy the moment -- what's here right now. The sun, the breeze ... our birthday!
              WEIR: Sheppard couldn't keep it to himself, huh?!
              (Before I Sleep)

88. KOLYA: #Dr. Weir was just one in a long line wasn’t she, Sheppard? Just another one that…slipped through your fingers. Cut scene Remnants

89. (John walks over to the gurney.)
              SHEPPARD: Elizabeth? Is she gonna be OK?
              KELLER: I don't know yet. She took quite a fall and her pupils are sluggish. I'm gonna have to get her under a scanner. I'll know more in a bit.

90. WEIR: Is that any way to talk to your wife?! TLG

91. Yes ma'am Rising

Not a sparky quote but my mother like this one so...
              Somehow "ma'am" has a different ring to it when he says it to her. LOL And a few times in the early days he called her "doc". I loved that and hoped they would make it a cute nickname, but alas TPTB disappointed me again.
              sigpic

Comment

Somehow "ma'am" has a different ring to it when he says it to her. LOL And a few times in the early days he called her "doc". I loved that and hoped they would make it a cute nickname, but alas TPTB disappointed me again.
                Coming out of *lurk* mode ... just for that. I absolutely loved that! As a matter of fact, whatever he calls her always sounds sexy ... maybe my sparky hearing-aid is turned up?
                sig made by me

Comment

I had a big plot bunny attack thanks to anuna and her kiss-a-thon. This a crack at its worst. And yes, I deliberately wrote it just this bad. So don't think I've lost the English teacher book learning.

Spoiler:
                  Brain Damage

Sir John lunged forward and thrust his sword directly into the evil heart of the black knight. Lord Kolya 's blade fell from his lifeless hand as he tumbled down the stone staircase and into the dark pit below. The swordplay between the two warriors had ranged far and wide across the dungeons beneath Kolya's castle, scattering the foraging rats and knocking over suits of armor containing fleshless skeletons that had long been denizens of this dank prison.

Without pausing to regain his breath, Sir John leaped up the slippery staircase and looked desperately from right to left. Spying the object he was seeking against a far wall, the brave knight skidded in the ooze covering the stones beneath his feet as he accelerated his speed. The tattered remains of his once white shirt fluttered in the breeze created by his passage and the look on his handsome face was one of both joy and terror.

With trembling hands he used his sword to cut the bonds securing Princess Elizabeth to the iron rings embedded in the wall. No longer a prisoner of the evil Lord Kolya, the princess sank gratefully into the arms of her savior.

Sir John's sword fell unheeded to the ground, ringing against the stones as he gathered Elizabeth into his arms. Her face was dirty and bruised and her emerald eyes looked wounded and shimmered with tears. But to Sir John she was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

The princess clasped her hero to her bosom and secured him there with both hands grasping great handfuls of his hair.

He slid his rough calloused hands over the soft velvet of her dark crimson gown and buried his face against her neck.

“John, my love.” She tugged and lifted his head to stare into his amazing hazel eyes which were shining at her with all the love in his heart.

For a moment he just stared at her as if she were a vision, and then he crushed his mouth to hers in a kiss to rival the greatest kisses of all time. Her toes left the filthy ground as he lifted her, muscles straining to bring her closer before he...

“Colonel.”

“Colonel!” The annoying voice was getting louder and seemed to have a Scottish accent but that couldn't be right because they were nowhere near...wait a damn minute.

“Son of a *****!”

“Well, that's not the first words I expected out of his mouth.” The accent was back.

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard opened his eyes and quickly closed them again. Son of a *****. He was in the infirmary. On Atlantis. No Princess Elizabeth in that incredible dress that hugged her...son of a *****.

Several faces surrounded his bed and now the doc was shining that annoying light in his eyes. Well this was familiar anyway.

“John? Are you all right?” Elizabeth was there. Not a princess in a red gown but his boss in a red shirt. With Rodney McKay right beside her peering at him entirely too closely.

“Get away from me, McKay.” John pushed at the scientist who turned to the woman next to him.

Rodney snapped his fingers and gestured rapidly with two fingers at John's face. “See, I told you. It's all in the eyes.” He leaned conspiratorially toward Elizabeth and lowered his voice to a whisper. “Brain damage.”

“What are you babbling about, Rodney?” Carson put away his little flashlight and fiddled with John's IV.

“Brain damage. It's obvious.” McKay repeated. “He's been babbling incoherently about princesses and knights and whatnot for hours. Either he's having a Monty Python delusion or it's brain damage. Pure and simple. Hit on the head one time too many. It was bound to happen sooner or...”

“Rodney!” Elizabeth finally spoke but didn't take her eyes off John. “What say we let Carson do his work? Now that we know John is going to stay around.” She discretely patted his arm and gave him a half smile. John darted his eyes at her and then got distracted by Carson's hand on his chin turning his head back and forth and prying his eyes open wider with gloved fingers.

The movement of his head sent shards of excruciating agony through John's already overtaxed brain and the last thing he heard before his eyes rolled back in his head was Rodney's voice affirming his previous claim. Brain damage.

The vivid red and blue latex suit hugged every muscle of his lithe body, outlining his biceps and emphasizing the well-toned lines of his powerful abs and glutes. He could feel the surge of energy vibrating through his lean form as he shot streams of silk from both hands and swung higher. John Sheppard scampered to the top of the giant crane that was suspended over the yawning chasm of the Grand Canyon and looked down.

Dangling far out over the gorge, hanging trussed up like a tasty treat waiting in a spider's web was the lovely Elizabeth Weir. Her long curls whipped in the wind as she swung back and forth. The rope securing her cut into her pale skin, abraded the soft fabric of her crimson velvet gown and began to fray.

Elizabeth screamed and John's heart froze in his chest. “Elizabeth, I'm coming to get you,” he shouted into the wind. But his words were flung back at him by the powerful currents of air lashing the canyon. Behind him, the crane bucked and twisted as the man at its controls attempted to maneuver it closer to the edge.

John turned and began spinning silk in the direction of his arch nemesis. As the cab of the crane rapidly became covered in layers stronger than steel, Lucius Lavin peered up through the windshield at certain death.

“Well this is not what I expected,” John thought but didn't pause in his endeavors until the man had vanished from sight and the machine was still.

Wasting no more time, John used his spider skills to weave a connection that would allow him to reach Elizabeth's twisting form. He swung out over the canyon and found himself staring into the upside down face of the woman he was there to save.

“Are you okay?” he managed to whisper as he reached out to steady her swinging body.

“Just hanging around waiting for you to save me,” she said. The relief in her voice made it tremble and she couldn't stop drinking in the sight of him.

“What do you say, we get out of here?” But her eager nod didn't spur him into action as it normally would. He was lost in contemplating the way her mouth was just within reach of his and as he leaned toward her she seemed to take a swing in his direction until their lips met. As upside down kisses go it was one of the best, starting slow and building toward something phenomenal as they turned gently in the breeze.

“Ow!”

“There we go, just a little prick.” The Scottish doctor was back with his needles and John was back in his infirmary bed.

“Lousy timing Doc,” he croaked around a dry throat. Gratefully he sipped from the cup of water someone held out to him. When the fog cleared he looked up into the eyes of the woman he had just a few minutes ago been kissing like his and her life depended on it.

Carson frowned at the sudden red flush on his patient's skin. “Colonel, do you maybe have a bit of a fever?” Reaching for his thermometer, Carson continued. “You seem a bit agitated lad.”

John stared at the ceiling and wished the doctor to perdition until a chuckle distracted him.

The big man at the foot of his bed reached out a hand and tweaked one of John's toes. “Maybe McKay's right. It could be brain damage,” Ronon said.

“Go to hell.”

“John.” Elizabeth scolded him lightly and looked at Carson with raised eyebrows.

Carson shrugged. “Temp's normal. I think the lad is just suffering a bit of a sensory anomaly.”

“A what?” Ronon again.

John scowled and shifted in the bed.

“Colonel, you appear to be having nightmares of a sort when you lose consciousness,” Carson replied, speaking directly to his patient. “Not unusual after such a sound blow to the head.”

“Yeah, that thing, whatever it was, gave him a good whack,” Ronon added helpfully

“Rodney says some sort of apelike creature,” Elizabeth affirmed.

“Well,” Carson went on, to John's continued silence, “whatever it was it addled his brains that's for sure. But he should be fine in a few...”

John Sheppard pulled up on the stick of the helicopter he was piloting just before it crashed into the tall building in front of him. Soaring into the heavens, he leveled out and looked down at the scene on top of the Empire State Building.

The giant ape roared up at him and shifted the woman in his paw to get a better grasp on her. She wiggled and squirmed to get away as she screamed at the top of her lungs. Seeing the face of her rescuer inside the hovering craft, she shouted his name and held on. Her scarlet velvet dress was torn and stained and had slipped off one shoulder bearing her smooth white skin. The pale column of her throat stood out against the dark fur of her captive as she pushed against the restraining arm that held her.

John skillfully maneuvered the small craft as far away from the marauding monster as possible and settled it with a gentle bump onto the rooftop. Ducking to avoid the still rotating blades, he pulled his weapon and approached the ape in a firing stance.

The 9mm bullet barely broke the skin of the enormous beast. John rapidly emptied his clip into the ape's knee which only irritated him slightly.

Kong, reigning King of his jungle, finally noticed the man who had come to kill him and shifted the woman to his other hand. His roar and subsequent blast of foul breath nearly knocked John off his feet.

“Put her down, Cheetah,” he shouted but the ape wasn't listening.

John scurried back into the chopper and grabbed his P-90 from behind the seat. “This oughta do it,” he thought as he raised the weapon and fired, hitting Kong squarely between his slightly crossed eyes.

Kong released Elizabeth and dropped like a two ton stone.

Screaming, Elizabeth fell into John's arms where she grabbed him around the neck in a death grip not about to let go any time soon.

The soft warm body in his arms molded itself to his chest as his shaking hands steadied her. Sweet lips that quickly erased the taste of fear in his mouth attached themselves to his and he was lost in her kiss.

“Dead monkey.” The puzzling words didn't surprise anybody standing around John's infirmary bed. They had certainly all heard stranger things that day.

“Yes Colonel.” The soft voice of Teyla Emmagen cut through the fog. “The creature that attacked you is dead. Ronon shot him quite thoroughly with his gun.”

John's eyes opened a crack as he identified the source of the voice. But there was something about the woman peering down at him benignly that reminded him foremost of his third grade teacher.

“Miss Prentice?” He said clearly, giving Teyla what was once his best I-lost-my-homework look.

Startled and surprised, Teyla looked at Elizabeth who was presently standing across from her on the other side of John's bed with her hand on his shoulder. Giving him what she hoped was a reassuring pat, Elizabeth shrugged and smiled confidently at Teyla.

“No John. You are here with us on Atlantis. It's Elizabeth and Teyla.”

John looked between the two women with growing awareness and then tried his best to disappear into his pillow. Something between a groan and a gasp escaped his lips before he closed his eyes again.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Coming out of *lurk* mode ... just for that. I absolutely loved that! As a matter of fact, whatever he calls her always sounds sexy ... maybe my sparky hearing-aid is turned up?
                    No! I love the way he talks to her. When at their friendliest he doesn't take that authoritative tone with her (presumably because she's sorta his boss) but I love how he acts when comfortably with her. I'm going on rapid recall here, so this may not be true, but I do think it's a bit different with her than others. I think it's the same thing that others noticed when she reappeared in This Mortal Coil. I know Southern Red remembers how many people jumped on the general boards of that episode and went 'wow, I never realized how much I missed Elizabeth until that episode.' People went on about how they'd never realized how well she fit into Atlantis until she was gone and then brought back. And she had some great scenes with John there.

When he gets jokey-jokey around her it's cute, too.

I love when he calls her 'Elizabeth' in Hot Zone for the first time in our hearing. Though it's in a moment of tension and frustration, it still give me chills.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

And Brain Damage part two:

Spoiler:
                      What happened next was a thankfully brief romp through Sherwood Forest in green tights where he rescued Maid Elizabeth from a Sheriff of Nottingham who looked suspiciously like Oberoth and got to see Ronon as Little John, also in tights. Then this was followed by a cruise on a pirate ship which was marginally better because cutlasses were involved. This time he got to shove a monster with Wraith hands and an octopus head overboard before releasing Elizabeth from the bonds that held her tightly lashed to the wheel. The sight of her soaking wet in the clinging shreds of her dark red gown almost took his breath away before he kissed her senseless.

When next he regained consciousness, John found himself alone except for Elizabeth who had fallen asleep with her head on the edge of his bed.

Just as he was reaching out the hand not attached to wires and tubes, unable to resist the lure of her tumbled brown curls, she lifted her head and sleepy green eyes met his.

“Hey?” It came out as a question because at this point he was never sure in what reality he had landed.

“Hey, you're back.”

“I think so.” John looked around and seeing the familiar setting of the Atlantis infirmary, relaxed a bit.

It must have been late because the lights had been lowered and a curtain pulled around his bed for privacy. The room was hushed with only the occasional beep from his monitoring equipment to break the silence.

Elizabeth straightened and gave him a quick once over. Seeming satisfied, she smiled a genuine smile and busied herself smoothing his covers. “You finished playing dashing hero for a while?” It was an offhand question.

John blanched. “Just how much talking did I do?”

“Enough.” She didn't seem to want to explain and he let her get away with it.

John was too relieved to be relatively alert and pain free to push his luck by engaging in a prolonged retrospective of his adventures while unconscious.

“You were there. A lot,” he couldn't help clarifying, but he had a feeling she already knew that part.

“So I gathered.” She had finished smoothing all the wrinkles out of the covers and clasped her hands in front of her to still them. Her eyes met his again and then slid away.

John looked at the ceiling. “Tell McKay my brain is just fine.”

Elizabeth didn't answer but after a long heartbeat, John felt her hand sneak its way over his. He flexed his fingers and entwined them with hers allowing the warmth of her palm to seep into his skin.

Her hair tickled his face when she leaned over him and touched her lips to his. As kisses go, it was not the greatest kiss of all time or even the second greatest. But to John's way of thinking, it was better than all the concussion-induced fantasies he had experienced while unconscious. Because this one was real.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok I missed that too. Where? When?lol
                        I like your fic. It's original.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning (heck, almost noon!), Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of pretty... everybody go read SR's fic, it's great cracky fun!

yunadax... ONOES! Lizzie's in trouble! Hurry up and get the hell in there, John!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ok I missed that too. Where? When?lol
                            I like your fic. It's original.
                            I don't remember specifically. If I run across one of the times, I'll post it.

Thanks on the fic. It was fun writing it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking that for 5 years.

Yeah, it just goes to show that Stargate just doesn't fit the BSG mold, no matter how hard TPTW try to shove it in.

I'll stick with the occasionally goofy fun of the golden years.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hee! It so should've been a cute nickname! Just imagine the subtext mileage they could've gotten out of that!

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                Hell, whatever he says to her, period, always sounds sexy.

No! I love the way he talks to her. When at their friendliest he doesn't take that authoritative tone with her (presumably because she's sorta his boss) but I love how he acts when comfortably with her. I'm going on rapid recall here, so this may not be true, but I do think it's a bit different with her than others. I think it's the same thing that others noticed when she reappeared in This Mortal Coil. I know Southern Red remembers how many people jumped on the general boards of that episode and went 'wow, I never realized how much I missed Elizabeth until that episode.' People went on about how they'd never realized how well she fit into Atlantis until she was gone and then brought back. And she had some great scenes with John there.

When he gets jokey-jokey around her it's cute, too.

I love when he calls her 'Elizabeth' in Hot Zone for the first time in our hearing. Though it's in a moment of tension and frustration, it still give me chills.
                                You're right, it is totally different with her. There's a level of closeness and familiarity with her that we don't see him have with anyone else; Rodney probably comes the closest, but it's more of a sibling rivalry-like dynamic.

I remember the general reaction to TMC too, and it still gives me a thrill. We're not alone! We're not crazy! We're not making it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X