X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Yay, Angst!Day!

Glad you liked it.

That makes a whole lot of sense. I think I feel at least partially the same way. And when you say we wouldn't have survived it if it had been Torri, do you mean we would have died from all the sheer squeeing?
    That's exactly what I mean. That and the angst overload.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OOO if you're after an angst song.. try this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r_tOjxWNAw

Our Farewell - Within Temptation... guarenteed to leave goosebumps.....or snuffles.

Comment

i want more Song Pic Spam those are cool.

Comment

[QUOTE=Southern Red;10008849]That is one of my all time favorite songs and it fits perfectly.

JF has said many times that he was always going to TPTB and complaining about how his character was written, asking things to be changed because he thought Sheppard wouldn't do that, etc. He fought to have something included that showed he was still looking for Elizabeth which we believe resulted in the scene with Carter in Reunion when he talks about wanting to go look for her.

i remember hearing that the scene was deleted but was later put in and i knew Joe Flanigan told us about it but i didnt know he was involved. and i'm just curious why after 3 years do they start showing Sheppard's Vulnerable Side? i mean i like seeing him so more emotion but why after 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            That makes a whole lot of sense. I think I feel at least partially the same way. And when you say we wouldn't have survived it if it had been Torri, do you mean we would have died from all the sheer squeeing?
            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            That's exactly what I mean. That and the angst overload.
            The Sparky fangirl squee would've been loud enough to shatter windows 'round the world.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lt.Colonel John Sheppard;10009243]
              That is one of my all time favorite songs and it fits perfectly.

JF has said many times that he was always going to TPTB and complaining about how his character was written, asking things to be changed because he thought Sheppard wouldn't do that, etc. He fought to have something included that showed he was still looking for Elizabeth which we believe resulted in the scene with Carter in Reunion when he talks about wanting to go look for her.

i remember hearing that the scene was deleted but was later put in and i knew Joe Flanigan told us about it but i didnt know he was involved. and i'm just curious why after 3 years do they start showing Sheppard's Vulnerable Side? i mean i like seeing him so more emotion but why after 3 years.
              Maybe because that was when he lost Elizabeth. For the first 3 seasons the only big tragedy was Carson's death. And he showed plenty of emotion then also. Plus they wanted his character to be someone who had trouble showing feelings and kept it all inside.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                That's how I feel about it. Torri's said all along that she turned down GitM because she wanted a proper ending for the storyline that wouldn't leave fans hanging but GitM didn't deliver it and TPTW couldn't give her an answer on where they were going with the story because they hadn't even figured it out yet. And she's also said that she would be willing to come back, if she thought the story was good. Really, it's on the same level as JoeF fighting for better stuff for Sheppard or getting lines put back in scripts about the characters' grief, etc. I respect that commitment to maintaining her character's integrity in the face of bad decision-making by the producers, and I want to see that commitment rewarded.

But yeah, GitM did give us some great Sparky and John!angst fodder, and it's quite satisfying on that level.
                Exactly. I respect the heck out of Torri for making that call. I don't fault her one bit for not returning for that episode. My hope would be that someone would come to their senses, write a decent, happy, fitting conclusion (or even better, continuance) to Elizabeth's story and approach Torri with it. That's not too much to ask is it?
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies1

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                  Exactly. I respect the heck out of Torri for making that call. I don't fault her one bit for not returning for that episode. My hope would be that someone would come to their senses, write a decent, happy, fitting conclusion (or even better, continuance) to Elizabeth's story and approach Torri with it. That's not too much to ask is it?
                  No, it's definitely not too much to ask, especially after the runaround we've been put through. Rescuing the real Elizabeth (and if it's the real one, then by default she must be played by Torri) and at the end of the movie, seeing her on that balcony again with John at her side as they look out over Atlantis and we fade to black and go to the closing credits... I'd call that a very fitting conclusion.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies1

No, it's definitely not too much to ask, especially after the runaround we've been put through. Rescuing the real Elizabeth (and if it's the real one, then by default she must be played by Torri) and at the end of the movie, seeing her on that balcony again with John at her side as they look out over Atlantis and we fade to black and go to the closing credits... I'd call that a very fitting conclusion.
                    The only acceptable conclusion I'd say. Especially if they want to sell a lot of DVD's.
                    sigpic

Comment

and while their are on the balcony maybe they can actually confess their love to one another.
                      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 08 April 2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

It'd be nice, but we all know these TPTW can't write romance to save their lives. It works better when it's subtle.

Comment

As some of you may know, I've been working on a Sparky-centric 'get Elizabeth back' fic. The story premise has evolved a few times as new canon has come into play; first it started as an AU of Season 4, then of Season 5, and now I've finally got it locked down as a post-S5 fic. As a result, some of the tidbits I've already written have had to be cut as the story has changed, but I've kept them in an outtakes file just in case they became useful again.

So as an Angst-Day treat, I'd like to offer one of those outtake scenes, written as an alternate ending to Ghost in the Machine. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:
                          The past year had been filled with a tidal wave of upheaval and loss that would've dragged lesser souls under the surface and drowned them. The kind of people who now called the city of Atlantis home just kept picking themselves up and moving forward with their lives and their mission.

That wasn't to say that letting go of the past had been at all easy. If there was one truth that life in Pegasus kept teaching them, it was that the past had a way of coming back to twist the knife in their hearts when they least expected it.

John stared across the room, at what shouldn't—couldn't—be possible.

Elizabeth, of course, had always believed that anything was possible. And she was right. Again.

The body that stood before them looked nothing like her, of course. The stripped-down base code Rodney had used to program the nanites that created the Replicator he'd called FRAN did not include the ability to change form. This particular Replicator body, created from the same batch of nanites, was no different. Rodney had offered to reprogram the nanites, to give her the ability to take on her original appearance, but she'd flatly refused. Security concerns were the reason she'd cited, but John had known it was more than that.

"It's time to go," she whispered.

"Go? But—there has to be something—" Rodney flinched and fell silent at the look she shot at him.

Those eyes—like the rest of the body, not her own, yet her soul clearly shone out from them for anyone who truly knew her to see. A year ago, John had barely been able to forgive Rodney for going behind his back to turn the damn nanites back on and save her life. Now, seeing the torment spilling out from those eyes, the reminder of the price she had been forced to pay for Rodney's arrogant self-assuredness, filled him with renewed anger and remorse for his own role in what she had suffered. She deserved far better than the cursed half-life that she now endured. The only reason she'd tolerated it at all was because it allowed her to save the city and those she loved. Again.

"And what would you do, Rodney? What can any of you possibly do? I can never return to Earth. Not like this. And I would never be allowed to stay here, either. No, Rodney, you've done more than enough already." The voice, also not her own, nonetheless shivered with a hint of mingled anger and sadness that was unmistakably hers.

A chill went down John's spine. He never, ever wanted to know what had happened to her, what had been done to her, after he'd left her behind on Asuras. His nightmares about it were bad enough.

"Where—" Woosley stopped, and started again. "Where will you go?"

She shrugged, waving a hand toward the window. "Out there. Some place where another like Oberoth or Koracen can't use us or hurt us. Some place where we can be left alone. To heal, and to learn. I promised Lia and the others that I'd help them find the path to ascension, and I will not break that promise and abandon them now." She looked at him, head tilted in bemusement. "We're certainly not going to take over the city and kill you all, or some ridiculous thing like that."

"I—I didn't—"

Lips twisted in a wry smile. "Of course you did. One doesn’t have to read minds to know that you've been thinking it all along." She snorted delicately. "Hell, I'd probably think it if I was in your position right now."

"I'm sorry," Woolsey told her, and he looked like he truly meant it. She nodded her head in acknowledgment.

"Elizabeth," John breathed.

She turned to him, looked at him through those eyes that weren't hers, and her smile radiated a dazzling joy. A single, silvery tear slipped down her cheek, and then—

Light.

Golden mist rose as silver dust fell away, inert nanites crumbling to the floor as the soul trapped within finally set itself free. John's ears faintly registered the others' gasps of surprise and awe as Elizabeth stood before them, neither flesh and blood and bone nor composite metals held together by exotic electricity.

Elizabeth. Ascendant.

Haloed in that warm glow, Elizabeth's face gazed at him with a look he'd never seen before, save in his wildest and most impossible dreams.

She glowed ever brighter as she moved toward him, ghostly fingers of energy reaching out just as her physical hand would have, brushing his cheek, lingering over the wetness there. He raised his own hand toward her—stupid, he thought, when she no longer had a body he could touch—and lightly pressed his fingers against the solid yet not solid warmth of her cheek, where her tears shone like crystal drops in the light.

"Elizabeth—"

She smiled at him, shaking her head and moving her fingers across his lips.

He felt his heart clench at the knowing look in her luminescent green eyes. Realizing in a moment of clarity that this was his very last chance, he threw caution to the wind and lowered his head to hers, kissing her with a sudden intensity that both thrilled and frightened him. He felt a rush of warmth spread from where their lips joined, where her fingers had trailed back across his cheek and into his hair behind his ear, and through his whole body. The sensation felt similar to the "sharing" of thoughts and feelings that he'd experienced with Athar, but this was different. This was Elizabeth. And she was saying goodbye.

A desperation seized him, and he followed her lips, trying to hold on to the kiss, hold on to her, for just one more moment. Then she gently drew back. She was still smiling, but it was a little sadder now, as though she too didn’t want the moment to end. But it had to. It was time.

Elizabeth calmly walked to the Stargate. Only when she was right in front of the event horizon did she pause, turning to look at John.

~I love you.~

The semblance of human form dissolved into a glowing cloud that swirled toward the open gate and passed through the event horizon. The wormhole remained open for another moment, then shut down of its own accord. They all kept staring at the gate, long after the cool blue glare from the wormhole had faded from their eyes.

For days afterward, the faint scent of orchids hung in the air in the gateroom.

*sniffles*

Comment

As some of you may know, I've been working on a Sparky-centric 'get Elizabeth back' fic. The story premise has evolved a few times as new canon has come into play; first it started as an AU of Season 4, then of Season 5, and now I've finally got it locked down as a post-S5 fic. As a result, some of the tidbits I've already written have had to be cut as the story has changed, but I've kept them in an outtakes file just in case they became useful again.

So as an Angst-Day treat, I'd like to offer one of those outtake scenes, written as an alternate ending to Ghost in the Machine. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:
                            The past year had been filled with a tidal wave of upheaval and loss that would've dragged lesser souls under the surface and drowned them. The kind of people who now called the city of Atlantis home just kept picking themselves up and moving forward with their lives and their mission.

That wasn't to say that letting go of the past had been at all easy. If there was one truth that life in Pegasus kept teaching them, it was that the past had a way of coming back to twist the knife in their hearts when they least expected it.

Elizabeth, of course, had always believed that anything was possible. And she was right. Again.

The body that stood before them looked nothing like her, of course. The stripped-down base code Rodney had used to program the nanites that created the Replicator he'd called FRAN did not include the ability to change form. This particular Replicator body, created from the same batch of nanites, was no different. Rodney had offered to reprogram the nanites, to give her the ability to take on her original appearance, but she'd flatly refused. Security concerns were the reason she'd cited, but John had known it was more than that.

"Go? But—there has to be something—" Rodney flinched and fell silent at the look she shot at him.

Those eyes—like the rest of the body, not her own, yet her soul clearly shone out from them for anyone who truly knew her to see. A year ago, John had barely been able to forgive Rodney for going behind his back to turn the damn nanites back on and save her life. Now, seeing the torment spilling out from those eyes, the reminder of the price she had been forced to pay for Rodney's arrogant self-assuredness, filled him with renewed anger and remorse for his own role in what she had suffered. She deserved far better than the cursed half-life that she now endured. The only reason she'd tolerated it at all was because it allowed her to save the city and those she loved. Again.

"And what would you do, Rodney? What can any of you possibly do? I can never return to Earth. Not like this. And I would never be allowed to stay here, either. No, Rodney, you've done more than enough already." The voice, also not her own, nonetheless shivered with a hint of mingled anger and sadness that was unmistakably hers.

A chill went down John's spine. He never, ever wanted to know what had happened to her, what had been done to her, after he'd left her behind on Asuras. His nightmares about it were bad enough.

She shrugged, waving a hand toward the window. "Out there. Some place where another like Oberoth or Koracen can't use us or hurt us. Some place where we can be left alone. To heal, and to learn. I promised Lia and the others that I'd help them find the path to ascension, and I will not break that promise and abandon them now." She looked at him, head tilted in bemusement. "We're certainly not going to take over the city and kill you all, or some ridiculous thing like that."

"I—I didn't—"

Lips twisted in a wry smile. "Of course you did. One doesn’t have to read minds to know that you've been thinking it all along." She snorted delicately. "Hell, I'd probably think it if I was in your position right now."

"I'm sorry," Woolsey told her, and he looked like he truly meant it. She nodded her head in acknowledgment.

She turned to him, looked at him through those eyes that weren't hers, and her smile radiated a dazzling joy. A single, silvery tear slipped down her cheek, and then—

Light.

Golden mist rose as silver dust fell away, inert nanites crumbling to the floor as the soul trapped within finally set itself free. John's ears faintly registered the others' gasps of surprise and awe as Elizabeth stood before them, neither flesh and blood and bone nor composite metals held together by exotic electricity.

Elizabeth. Ascendant.

Haloed in that warm glow, Elizabeth's face gazed at him with a look he'd never seen before, save in his wildest and most impossible dreams.

She glowed ever brighter as she moved toward him, ghostly fingers of energy reaching out just as her physical hand would have, brushing his cheek, lingering over the wetness there. He raised his own hand toward her—stupid, he thought, when she no longer had a body he could touch—and lightly pressed his fingers against the solid yet not solid warmth of her cheek, where her tears shone like crystal drops in the light.

"Elizabeth—"

He felt his heart clench at the knowing look in her luminescent green eyes. Realizing in a moment of clarity that this was his very last chance, he threw caution to the wind and lowered his head to hers, kissing her with a sudden intensity that both thrilled and frightened him. He felt a rush of warmth spread from where their lips joined, where her fingers had trailed back across his cheek and into his hair behind his ear, and through his whole body. The sensation felt similar to the "sharing" of thoughts and feelings that he'd experienced with Athar, but this was different. This was Elizabeth. And she was saying goodbye.

A desperation seized him, and he followed her lips, trying to hold on to the kiss, hold on to her, for just one more moment. Then she gently drew back. She was still smiling, but it was a little sadder now, as though she too didn’t want the moment to end. But it had to. It was time.

Elizabeth calmly walked to the Stargate. Only when she was right in front of the event horizon did she pause, turning to look at John.

~I love you.~

The semblance of human form dissolved into a glowing cloud that swirled toward the open gate and passed through the event horizon. The wormhole remained open for another moment, then shut down of its own accord. They all kept staring at the gate, long after the cool blue glare from the wormhole had faded from their eyes.

*sniffles*
                            OMG! *flails and sniffles* Great, now I'm a puddle of goo. And I can hear Rodney making a crack about John and ascended women.
                            sigpic

Comment

OMG! *flails and sniffles* Great, now I'm a puddle of goo. And I can hear Rodney making a crack about John and ascended women.
                              Yay, I turned SR into a puddle of goo! What awesome praise! *bounces and passes over tissues*

OMG, Rodney would totally make a crack about that! And Ronon or Teyla would probably smack him upside the head for saying it while John was still upset. *snerks*

Comment

The Sparky fangirl squee would've been loud enough to shatter windows 'round the world.
                                Heehee. I can hear it now.

News announcer: And now for the breaking news. At approximately 7:30 last night there was near mass panic as windows all over the world suddenly shattered. Scientists have determined that the destruction was caused by an extremely high pitched sound wave. The source of the wave is yet unknown...

Oh yeah! Very fitting! That would be enough to make me continuously happy for at least six months. I want that ending so badly it's ridiculous!

Spoiler:

"I—I didn't—"

Light.

Elizabeth. Ascendant.

"Elizabeth—"

~I love you.~

*sniffles*
                                *sniffles, cries, sobs* Bravo! So wonderfully angsty! I love this. (and I really want to read this fix-it fic!)
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X