Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I finally finished my Vegas vid in spite of my spinning beachballs of irritation. (Mac humor) So if you want to check it out it's here.

And can be downloaded here: God's Gonna Cut You Down
    A truly beautiful video. Very haunting and lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Hee! See, the one-episode romances didn't really get to me. I really liked Perna. I don't really like a lot of aspects of Larrin but she's not as bad as I originally made her out to be. (Besides, who could ever think that she and John could actually have a relationship! The notion of them as a couple is ridiculous.) Teer was circumstansial as John thought he had been abandoned, and Chaya was early on and Sparky wasn't really together yet in S1 and it was kinda silly.

So the only one I really have a big problem with is the girl from The Tower.

Well, not really. I think she is what we usually call brainfart and badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Well, not really. I think she is what we usually call brainfart and badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
        Yes, that's what it is. Though I was a little disgusted as she looked a bit young and I didn't even want to think about people saying John was being a pervert. Unlike other 'Kirkettes' which I hve a fairly high tolerence for I just wanted to do more than slap her.

Comment

She was young and a complete airhead, and I never thought John went for that type. That was beyond bizarre.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

do you think anyone will right a story about how john felt being back on earth without elizabeth i mean he did look exactly happy when they were looking out at the golden gate bridge. i mean when i saw him standing there i was wondering if he was thinking "elizabeth im sorry that you arent here to see this...i will find a way to get you back here with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              She was young and a complete airhead, and I never thought John went for that type. That was beyond bizarre.
              It seemed to come out of nowhere was the worst thing and John definately didn't seem too into it either. It was kinda, "yeah, let's shove in a psuedo-assault/stripper/kirking scene just for the hell of it." I thought it detracted from the episode.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              do you think anyone will right a story about how john felt being back on earth without elizabeth i mean he did look exactly happy when they were looking out at the golden gate bridge. i mean when i saw him standing there i was wondering if he was thinking "elizabeth im sorry that you arent here to see this...i will find a way to get you back here with me.
              He didn't look too joyous, did he?

Comment

no he didnt reiko. no he didnt. if i was him i would break rules again to go get the woman i love.

Comment

I finally finished my Vegas vid in spite of my spinning beachballs of irritation. (Mac humor) So if you want to check it out it's here.

Beautiful vid! Thank you so much.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, that's what it is. Though I was a little disgusted as she looked a bit young and I didn't even want to think about people saying John was being a pervert. Unlike other 'Kirkettes' which I hve a fairly high tolerence for I just wanted to do more than slap her.
                    Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Heh, you two are giving me ideas (for writing). Wouldn't it be just awesome and hilarious to see how Elizabeth would treat the little airhead? John is so much better and smarter than that. Teer, for example, was smart.

But, Elizabeth is the smartest. Guess why John likes her the best?

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    do you think anyone will right a story about how john felt being back on earth without Elizabeth i mean he did look exactly happy when they were looking out at the golden gate bridge. i mean when i saw him standing there i was wondering if he was thinking "elizabeth im sorry that you arent here to see this...i will find a way to get you back here with me.
                    Hm, I'm pretty sure there will be a story like that. There's S4/S5 fix it challenge under way on Live Journal, and if I'm not mistaken, posting of stories begins on Feb 25th. Keep an eye on john_elizabeth LJ community, maybe someone comes up with a fic you would like to read.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      *gives applause to Southern*
                      Amazing video! And the music is very fitting. I downloaded it and I'm sure I'll often watch it.
                      Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                      A truly beautiful video. Very haunting and lovely.
                      Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Beautiful vid! Thank you so much.
                      Thanks for these and anyone else I failed to thank. It really is important for everyone's art to get recognized. It gives you such a good feeling when your peers like something you put your heart into. I hope I don't fail to compliment everyone. We have a lot of talent here.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Heh, you two are giving me ideas (for writing). Wouldn't it be just awesome and hilarious to see how Elizabeth would treat the little airhead? John is so much better and smarter than that. Teer, for example, was smart.

But, Elizabeth is the smartest. Guess why John likes her the best?

Hm, I'm pretty sure there will be a story like that. There's S4/S5 fix it challenge under way on Live Journal, and if I'm not mistaken, posting of stories begins on Feb 25th. Keep an eye on john_elizabeth LJ community, maybe someone comes up with a fic you would like to read.
                        I would love to see Elizabeth deal with the Tower chick. I still wish the original draft had gone through and it was Elizabeth visiting, too. Seeing how John reacted to her in front of the Princess would have been hi-larious.

Thanks for these and anyone else I failed to thank. It really is important for everyone's art to get recognized. It gives you such a good feeling when your peers like something you put your heart into. I hope I don't fail to compliment everyone. We have a lot of talent here.
                        I look forward to seeing it. I still haven't had time to hook up my iPod and watch Vegas yet, so I'm saving all post-Vegas stuff for when I finally have an hour or so to relax and enjoy it.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Fabulous! Loved it!
                          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=KrisRussel;9644871]For people who are interested, I just updated 'Beautiful Children' with a new chapter. [QUOTE]

thats great been waiting for that and once again a great new chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I was asking where you were when I posted the Phantom questions!
                              Didn't you get the memo? Guys don't listen

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *dies laughing* Brilliant, as always! Especially that last one... Caldwell thought the paperwork on that kiss was going to be a nightmare? Just wait 'til he hears about THIS!
                              Poor Stephen

1) "The Return" was a 'mid-season two-parter'--those fabled 'epic' episodes which are supposed to keep an audience chomping at the bit over a long break. How does "The Return" rank among the other 4 SGA mid-season two parters? (Which include: S1: The Storm/The Eye; S2: The Lost Boys/The Hive; S4: This Mortal Coil/Be All My Sins Remember'd; S5: First Contact/The Lost Tribe)

Haven't seen FC/LTL, but I'd rank the others in the order they aired. TS/TE is IMO in the top 5 eps of the whole series. Odd how MG seemed to do better when he was not part of the main writers group. This pairing would've ranked ahead of TLB/TH, but there was no real suspense in it. After all, they were always going to retake Atlantis. Jack was never going to die. Plus TLB/TH was funnier too

2) Did you like the concept of the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Bridge? Why or why not?

In theory, yes I did. I thought it would take longer for them to complete it. MG said in a commentary that they made it essentially for TR I/II so that the expedition would have a way to get back to Atlantis. Although they could have stolen the Deadalus I guess .

It makes sense that they'd build it, given that ZPM's don't grow on trees. I'd have been happy though if Carter and McKay couldn't have reconnected it to Atlantis at the start of s4.

3) In the Return, part 1 were you surprised at how quickly the Atlantis Expedition was ousted from the city?

Quite. I had expected an ep about the ancients, but we barely saw them. In the context of the ep, I guess they couldn't really devote any more time to them. They were a mere plot device

4) What did you think of Helia and the Ancient contingent? Did you believe? How do they compare to some of the Ancients/Ascended you've run across in SGA and SG-1?

Compared to early SG1, not good. But compared to the ancient character assassination during s9/10/AOT they didn't do too bad. I didn't see them as arrogant. From their perspective, very little time had passed. All their families had died years ago. The city belonged to them to begin with. And ultimately, they died protecting the expedition

5) Do you believe Elizabeth really would have had a difficult time 'letting go' had she been a part of the discussions or made ambassador to Atlantis?

Not exactly. I would assume that seperating emotion from discussion would've been an essential part of her training, given that in the past she'd have to advocate for the use of more weapons, wars, etc (there are always two sides to advocate for in a negotiation).
                              I think being there without the others would've really hit home how much the situation had changed.

6) Who was the most out of character for you of the group who returned home? Or did you think they were in all in character? Either way, explain why.

John's not a super macho guy, but he's blokey, and intelligent too. I think his reactions were in character to that stereotype. For the last few years, he'd basically been top dog, and included in everything. Back at the SGC, he was basically just a grunt. A high ranking grunt, but not exactly in the inner circle. It must've been a bit of a comedown. He'd probably be thinking that he'd never have it as good as that again, especially given his background and the extraordinary circumstances that led to his being in charge. He probably wouldn't want to think about Atlantis all that much, and would remind him that his best days were over

Rodney was the most in character, although I view his statement about missing out on the action as something MG stuck in because McKay is his favourite.

As has already been said about Elizabeth, she's used to being in control, so it'd be like a slap in the face being fired. I'd imagine she'd sleep for a week at the very least, but not be emo for six weeks. If that were the case, they'd have been better off sending Kate instead of Carson.

7) Did you like the humor moments in this episode? Which was your favorite? ('cheeky' at The Dinner, the John/Ronon hug, the World of Warcraft scene, wee baby turtles, John's cutting off General Landry, etc).

I'm not a fan of Lee in SGA, so the WoW scene and the one in General Landry's office were largely unfunny to me. Apparently the Landry/Lee scene and the turtle comment were there as filler (see commentary), which I was surprised to find out. The dinner scene was entirely scripted though. I did find it hard to believe that given they'd been there for two and a half years that only four people went to dinner.

8) Why do you think the writers put Ladon Radim in a random meeting with Teyla and Ronon?

To show what was happening with Ronon and Teyla. It was quite logical they would be approached, given their background. Wouldn't it have been interesting if they accepted and actually done some work with the Genii? Or maybe the Genii helped them retake the city, forcing them (begrudgingly) to become closer allies?

9) Some discussion has already been made about Elizabeth carrying a P-90 when dressed out in her BDU's. Let's presume for a moment that John thought it was necessary, her being a part of a 'rescue squad'. What do you think Elizabeth's initial response would have been, and why would John have made her?

As has been discussed, it's logical there would be some training of the civilian population. In that context, her carrying a weapon is not a big deal. They couldn't tell anyone they were going, so they all needed to play their part. Honestly, I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow either if it hadn't been mentioned out-of-the-show. *grrr* But a P-90? That's some pretty solid firepower for a novice. Anyone who can fire one competently, without killing a friendly, must have had a fair bit of training. Surely even a throwaway line somewhere would've been prudent. Then again, they dismissed the idea of Teyla and Liz training together too.

10) Were you glad to see Jack O'Neill in this episode? If you were an SG-1 watcher, why or why not? Or, if you didn't know who he was, what did you think of him?

Yes. I think it was the best out of all his guest appearances. I'd have scaled back his underwater scenes, and cut the negotiation stuff too. He seemed more 'in character' than his other guest spots. Interesting that the "I like to lie back and think of England' line was actually his, rather than scripted per se. MG wrote another line, and RDA thought it wasn't funny. IIRC, he said something like "that the best you can do?" I miss RDA
                              sigpic

Comment

*headdesk*
                                OMG That girl from 'The Tower' was so incredibly annoying *groans*
                                I thought Chaya was the most annoying... until I saw 'The Tower'... I really just wanted to slap her too
                                But of course we never actually saw them "do it", so I always think John kicked her out because his heart and body belonged to Elizabeth

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X