Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    I felt so very inspired by Anunas Vegas fic I read today.

http://img5.myimg.de/SparkySecondChancebc467_thumb.jpg

I snurched the walli and it is already on my desktop.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's on my desktop as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Today's installment

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]7724[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        :keller: What's going on? Kate was late for work, so they called me.
        Uh, nothing. The alarm clock got, uh, broken. I thought she needed a lie in
        :keller: Broken? Hey, what were you doing in here? The door was locked. I had to use the medical override to get in. And there was a sock on the door too

[ATTACH]7725[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        I told you not to touch that (poor *******, he helps her and she thinks he's a creep)
        :keller: Whoa. It was really creepy. For a moment, I thought everyone hated me and that I was completely incompetent. And that I had feelings for Rodney
        ME?!
        Actually, you have to fall asleep for it to kick in. That stuff is actually true

[ATTACH]7726[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        I'll send a jumper back for you two. If I can be bothered

[ATTACH]7727[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        I see now why you're still a major. You're supposed to looking for Atlantis, not girlsgonewild.com

[ATTACH]7728[/ATTACH]
        Spoiler:
        There's a perfectly logical explanation for it Rodney. Tell him John
        Right. When we beamed back from the Deadalus, Hermoid must've miscalculated, and beamed us into the storage closet. An easy mistake
        But why were you naked?
        Well, somehow our clothes didn't beam down with us
        Hermoid must've been having a really bad day. He's not as smart as you, after all
        You got that right! But why was John on top of you?
        It was really cold in there, and he was trying to warm me up. You know, with body heat
        Oh, that makes sense. But what was all that noise?
        *dies laughing* Brilliant, as always! Especially that last one... Caldwell thought the paperwork on that kiss was going to be a nightmare? Just wait 'til he hears about THIS!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Walli turned into a sig.

Snurchable.
          Luciana, those are beautiful! *squees*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Agree with the bolded part too. As much fuss as Brad Wright/Rob Cooper made at the beginning of Atlantis that Weir would never carry a gun, no one batted an eyelash at her ability to do so in 'TRI/II'.
            Yeah, especially a lethal-to-humans weapon; a Wraith stunner (or a zat, which at least has a non-lethal setting) I could see, but a P-90 and a 9 mil... no way.

I LOVE THAT PART.
            That was so great. She's not the ice queen that some would have us believe she is; she can lose her temper and go fusion just like the rest of us.

Really? I so need to go back and watch that!
            Hee! Yeah, as if I needed more fuel for my SGA/NCIS obsession, they come along and give me that...

I actually enjoyed GITM more than I hated it--I don't blame the writer in general, actually, because the writer was Carl Binder, who is one of our Sparky champions.

Spoiler:
            I doubt we would have gotten as much of the Sparkiness (the line "what if one of them wanted to stay?" is totally Binder-to-Sparky-fan-luff) if anyone else had written it. And Binder gives JF a lot to work with in the unspeaking moments as well. I presume I have to give credit to the directors, too, for knowing where to place Joe in relation to Franibeth as well.

I absolutely loathe the ending--but I have a hard time blaming just Binder for it. I don't know whose brainchild it was, if it was that way before or after Torri turned it down, etc. At least he didn't just kill her, zap her into a thousand replicator bits. Then I would have blamed him. While I hate the sacrificial lamb--again--it does parallel John's sacrificial tendencies, and if the writers don't get foolish and try and hook John up in the movie, then canon-wise she's out there for him to save at any point in time. Of course in fanon that's already been done.

My feeling is, just based on how Elizabeth has been treated overall, there was no chance at a happy ending--the best we could have gotten, of course, being ascension. I don't know why they didn't consider it, but then, I don't know why they axed Elizabeth/Torri in the first place, so...

I accepted Michelle Morgan because she did a pretty good job--and for me, I'm a fan of Elizabeth as much as I'm a fan of Torri. While my number one scenario would be to have Torri back as Elizabeth, I'm amenable to anyone so long as Elizabeth comes back.

But yeah--it's d/led on my iPod, but I have a hard time seeing myself watching it anytime soon. While, in hindsight, the effect is better with the way John ended up in S5, being alone and obviously shaken (perhaps broken) by what happened to Elizabeth--GITM is one of those episodes that completely reinforces the reasons for his despair--it's still not an episode I take easily. Thankful for how much more Sparky it was than I was expecting (to the point, as pointed out, that non-shippers basically went 'yeah, it's totally there') but still brokenhearted with the way my favorite character was treated overall.
            As I recall,
            Spoiler:
            Mallozzi posted on his blog that apparently, the so-called 'storyarc' that was supposedly planned for Weir (and based on his subsequent comments, I now strongly suspect that the claims of an arc were nothing more than empty words to try to shut up the fans) was being hashed out by Binder and Paul Mullie (who, as we all know, is the one who ordered Elizabeth's execution). So I pin the blame for the ending and all the stuff we didn't like about GitM on Mullie; if he was willing to kill off Elizabeth, it sure sounds pretty likely that he was the one to screw up the rest. I definitely agree with you that it was Binder's writing and JoeF's (and Michelle Morgan's) acting that kept GitM from being a total clusterfrak.

Comment

Anuna is my muse.
              She's doing a great job, isn't she?
              sigpic

Comment

A bit of annoying news: Dunno if any of you have heard yet, but apparently, Kavan Smith reported at Pegasus 4 in London over the weekend that the SGA movie is on hold at the moment due to the economic slowdown. There's a bit more about this over in the Shep Whump thread.

So, SGU goes forward, the SG-1 movie is apparently going forward... but SGA gets screwed again. Gee, why does this not surprise me?

Comment

Par for the course if you ask me. *sigh*
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Par for the course if you ask me. *sigh*
                    Yup. SGA has always been the ugly redheaded stepchild as far as the producers, the studio and the network are concerned. Why should it change now?

Comment

Walli turned into a sig.

Snurchable.

*dies*

OMG, I inspired that with my story?! I am left totally and completely speechless! Thank you so much for making and sharing those - I enjoyed writing that story, I really did, it was told from the heart (obviously, I just loved the episode in question). Seeing that someone made art so beautiful because of that story.... I just have no words. Wow. Wow, wow, wow!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Yup. SGA has always been the ugly redheaded stepchild as far as the producers, the studio and the network are concerned. Why should it change now?
                        Yes, exactly - why? SGA is getting the Sheppard treatment.

Comment

Believe me. You are the inspiration for that one.
                          I wouldn't have done it without the fic.

I got that very special feeling after reading it and was in the right mood.
                          Took some time to find the perfect pic of Lizzy (although that one isn't really Lizzy),
                          but I think the time I spend searching was worth it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Believe me. You are the inspiration for that one.
                            I wouldn't have done it without the fic.

I got that very special feeling after reading it and was in the right mood.
                            Took some time to find the perfect pic of Lizzy (although that one isn't really Lizzy),
                            but I think the time I spend searching was worth it.
                            *glees* I always wonder about that, you know, if what I write makes people feel for the characters and what happened to them. I guess this fic does a good job, because the feeling it inspired, as seen on your art, awesome! Thank you for taking your time to search and give us such a lovely treat! And talk about feedback, if I'm allowed, I'm gonna be selfish and say this is maybe one of the best fic feedbacks I ever got!

Comment

*huggles*

It just has to be the perfect picture. And I know it is perfect when I see it.
                              No matter how long it takes.

I love how you wrote it. Once again I have no words. Just awesome.
                              Vegas is really one of the best episodes and I'm just amazed of what you're able to to do with words.
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles*

It just has to be the perfect picture. And I know it is perfect when I see it.
                                No matter how long it takes.

I love how you wrote it. Once again I have no words. Just awesome.
                                Vegas is really one of the best episodes and I'm just amazed of what you're able to to do with words.
                                I was a little bit afraid to "touch" it - the ep was so perfect, I didn't want to oversimplify the story and the very powerful portrayal of John in there.... I guess I didn't!

Comment

Working...
                                X