No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys consider deleted scenes canon? I think I do up to a point. but most of the time unless it's on screen I don't. Like for instance if it was an alternative take or they deleted because it didn't feel right I don't consider it canon. Most of the time with SGA though I don't think they have alternative takes because they cut those things out before they get to filming. In this case though if it was filmed and was put into the episode but was too long then I don't know if I consider it canon but it totally supports what is already on the show. So it's half and half for me.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      Do you guys consider deleted scenes canon? I think I do up to a point. but most of the time unless it's on screen I don't. Like for instance if it was an alternative take or they deleted because it didn't feel right I don't consider it canon. Most of the time with SGA though I don't think they have alternative takes because they cut those things out before they get to filming. In this case though if it was filmed and was put into the episode but was too long then I don't know if I consider it canon but it totally supports what is already on the show. So it's half and half for me.
      I agree with you on that. If there's a specific story-related reason why they cut it, it just wasn't working with other aspects of the story, then no, I don't consider it canon. However, if it was simply cut for time because the episode was running too long, but the deleted material does not conflict with what ended up in the final cut, then yeah, I say it's canon. (at least until it's directly contradicted by something in a subsequent episode/movie)

Which, of course, makes this new tidbit from "Remnants" that Mallozzi has teased us with oh so deliciously canon!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If I like it and it makes sense to me it's canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          If I like it and it makes sense to me it's canon.
          HAHA. See I think everything that has happened in SGA is canon but I chose to completely ignore some things or you know interpret certain things differently.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

See, no matter what, I'll always find a way to make it work for me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              See, no matter what, I'll always find a way to make it work for me, too.
              Heehee! And I admit, sometimes I'll also pick out a few choice things and spin 'em my way. Or
              Spoiler:
              take something that was cut for a non-time issue and put it back in. Like the line from that early draft of "Remnants" about John blaming himself for what happened to his mother. I'm so keeping that.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, and bringing the 100 reasons why Sparky is awesome list back up...

#1 They have the matching eyes.
                #2 They are completely original.
                #3 They're always watching over each other.
                #4 They'll have beautiful children.
                #5 They finish each other's thoughts.
                #6 They care about each other.
                #7 They make grey BDUs look sexy.
                #8 They are both great leaders.
                #9 They go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
                #10 They take care of the people under their command.
                #11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.

#12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.

Comment

#11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
                  #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.

#13 Their chemistry is hot enough to melt a sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    See above. And I think you can safely gasm. I sure am. But be prepared to be made fun of for squeeing over something that didn't happen. lol
                    Actually, I've read that we're all deluded. Hee

Oh, and since I missed out yesterday

Spoiler:
                    SPARKY FTW SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to drop off the new sig I made and leave! Snurch if you want but please credit!!!

(drops off sig and leaves)

Spoiler:

Comment

# 14 They mirror each other's body language!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Actually, I've read that we're all deluded. Hee
                          *cackles*

I'm rather amused at the ranting and raving coming from some of the nay-sayers. Gee, we're *gasp* actually having fun! What a revolutionary idea!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Hi everybody!

Just wanted to drop off the new sig I made and leave! Snurch if you want but please credit!!!

(drops off sig and leaves)

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=10837

Awesome sig and a fitting sentiment. We really did always know!

Comment

#14 They mirror each other's body language!

#15 They like to hang out on balconies together.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *cackles*

I'm rather amused at the ranting and raving coming from some of the nay-sayers. Gee, we're *gasp* actually having fun! What a revolutionary idea!
                              OMG! Blasphemy! How can we? It's unheard of! We should be court martialed right along with sparky for being so hot!!!!!!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                OMG! Blasphemy! How can we? It's unheard of! We should be court martialed right along with sparky for being so hot!!!!!!
                                LMAO!

Seriously though... it's not our fault that Sparky is so much fun! They're naturally fun all by themselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X