Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    OMG NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That's okay it was implied. LOL. Wait so does that actually mean that our theories about John's angst being about Elizabeth are actually not crazy and more likely it was being implied. Because ummm yeah. Sparky = canon. lalala.

Spoiler:
    I cut it from JM's blog:
    Finally, because this episode was nine and half minutes over, I had to trim a significant amount of dialogue. Like this line delivered by Kolya as he is working over Sheppard:

KOLYA: #Dr. Weir was just one in a long line wasn’t she, Sheppard? Just another one that…slipped through your fingers.

Spoiler:
    OMG OMG OMG!!!! THAT SOUNDS WAY TO SHIPPY TO MY EARS!!!!!

SHE SLIPPED THROUGH HIS FINGERS. WHAT WHAT.

It could have been worded differently.
    ZOMG I can't believe!
    Spoiler:
    That would probably be the best frakking line in the whole ep and they cut it? Oh they fear sparky, yes they do. And they still can't get rid of Elizabeth!!!!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Like I said - self insertation! Now they're the cool boys. Oooooooo.

Damn it, I missed the post a thon again!
      Yup, they think that Mary Sues are the greatest thing since sliced bread. *gags*

And you've got to be here for next week's if you can... it's gonna be "Letters From Pegasus" and "The Gift." Good times.

ZOMG I can't believe!
      Spoiler:
      That would probably be the best frakking line in the whole ep and they cut it? Oh they fear sparky, yes they do. And they still can't get rid of Elizabeth!!!!
      Hah!
      Spoiler:
      Proving once and for all that Elizabeth is the true heart of Atlantis.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First

Spoiler:
        SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

Spoiler:
        Did they cut it for time or because they just didn't want it? Did they actually film it? Or was it cut before they filmed it? I NEED TO KNOW THIS THINGS
        I assumed that they filmed it. Later I'll do some digging. But how would they know how much time they were over?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yes, yes!
        Spoiler:
        WE MUST KNOW!

Because OMFG if they actually filmed it... I think I'd faint in a joygasm.
        See above. And I think you can safely gasm. I sure am. But be prepared to be made fun of for squeeing over something that didn't happen. lol

OMG ME TOO!!!

Okay since he said "this episode was nine and half minutes over, I had to trim a significant amount of dialogue" that must mean that it was filmed since he knew how much extra minutes he had. RIGHT? RIGHT?

I want someone to ask but I'm afraid that that he will say that it wasn't filmed. BUT that is okay this is more than we've gotten since GITM.
        The fact that he said "dialogue" could mean it was the script that got trimmed. Again I'll dig around.

In honor of John's love of football, a few scores from today's college football games...

USC 45, Stanford 23. (Yay! My Trojans win again!)

And the military academies...

Brigham Young 38, Air Force 24. (Poor Falcons!)

Notre Dame 27, Navy 21. (Damn! Would've been great if the Midshipmen had caught the Irish with their pants down!)
        *iz sad* My Hokies got their asses kicked by *spits* Maryland. Two lousy points. If the game had been a minute longer, we would have won. *Hrumph!*

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
        Thank you!

At least you missed it for a good cause. I missed it because my internet connection was playing up. I was able to connect to the net, but couldn't access any actual pages. It kept telling me it couldn't connect to the server (yet I was online...) Man I hope I make it next week. Missing 'Before I Sleep' was bad enough. But 'Letters from Pegasus'. Definitely don't want to miss that.

No wallpaper/sig set today. I'm running out of backlogged sets and I'm trying to time it a little better.
        I hate computer problems. While my hub was gone we had a power blink and I lost the wireless connection to my Mac. He came back, unplugged the router, plugged it back in and I'm good to go. Doh!
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but you'll thank me. I found this on the JM blog from August 15.

Spoiler:
          Apologies for the tardy post but I spent all day in the darkened catacombs of post-production amidst the trolls, troglodytes, morlocks, and editors. The light from my laptop screen! AIIIEEEEE! IT BURNS!!!

I was cutting Remnants which clocked in at an astounding +9.20! Trimming out the first four and a half minutes was no problem; losing the next four and a bit of a chore. The last twenty seconds was freaking impossible and, after going over the episode twice, I threw in the towel and decided to it pick things up Monday morning. It’s a great episode (Carl says it’s his favorite among the three I wrote this season) with not one, not two, but three parallel storylines. The David’s are great together, Bob shows off his great comic timing, and our nefarious special guest star puts our helpless hero through some real physical and psychological torment. Even though Remnants is a perfectly appropriate title for the episode, Revelations would have worked as well. But it was already taken.

There ya go my friends. Post production, and
          Spoiler:
          Squee!
          sigpic

Comment

I WANT THAT SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Comment

Okay, now what does all this mean. Here we are still going strong after half our ship has been dead for quite some time now. I see that as a testament to the spirit and strength of the wonderful Sparky shippers.

In the face of being told that we were imagining things and that our ship didn't exist, we persevered. In the face of comments from writers, producers, even the actors involved that no romance between John and Elizabeth would ever happen, we know what we saw on screen and we persevered. In the face of comments from writers, producers and actors that certain scenes in certain episodes were meant to illustrate another ship, we still persevered. Because we understand body language, and screen chemistry and knew in our hearts that Sparky was meant to be.

Then we slowly began to learn that yes indeed they had teased us a bit with some moments, confirming that no we did not imagine the flirting and the connection between our couple. Then a business decision changed everything and we lost Elizabeth. But still our ship did not die. Thanks to the wonderful acting of Joe Flanigan, we persevered. John's emotional connection to Elizabeth came across loud and clear even after her death and viewers who had never noticed the ship before began to see it.

We know we will never see our ship played out on screen, but we have gotten so much more than we expected. John continues to be haunted by her death, letting us know that he will never forget her. Life goes on for him. At least until January 9. And whatever happens in the movie will be the writers' way of showing how the character has gone on beyond losing her. Maybe they didn't intend a romantic connection, but the emotional bond between them is indisputable.

Personally I feel vindicated and when I look at the hours upon hours of clips showing that bond right there in color for the world to see, I believe Sparky is canon.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Okay, now what does all this mean. Here we are still going strong after half our ship has been dead for quite some time now. I see that as a testament to the spirit and strength of the wonderful Sparky shippers.

In the face of being told that we were imagining things and that our ship didn't exist, we persevered. In the face of comments from writers, producers, even the actors involved that no romance between John and Elizabeth would ever happen, we know what we saw on screen and we persevered. In the face of comments from writers, producers and actors that certain scenes in certain episodes were meant to illustrate another ship, we still persevered. Because we understand body language, and screen chemistry and knew in our hearts that Sparky was meant to be.

Then we slowly began to learn that yes indeed they had teased us a bit with some moments, confirming that no we did not imagine the flirting and the connection between our couple. Then a business decision changed everything and we lost Elizabeth. But still our ship did not die. Thanks to the wonderful acting of Joe Flanigan, we persevered. John's emotional connection to Elizabeth came across loud and clear even after her death and viewers who had never noticed the ship before began to see it.

We know we will never see our ship played out on screen, but we have gotten so much more than we expected. John continues to be haunted by her death, letting us know that he will never forget her. Life goes on for him. At least until January 9. And whatever happens in the movie will be the writers' way of showing how the character has gone on beyond losing her. Maybe they didn't intend a romantic connection, but the emotional bond between them is indisputable.

Personally I feel vindicated and when I look at the hours upon hours of clips showing that bond right there in color for the world to see, I believe Sparky is canon.
                WORD!!!!!!

Having said that, it's very hard to deceive the eyes. I know what I've seen loud and clear across the screen between Elizabeth and John and later with John there all alone. What else can you ask from a ship? I feel like too many people tried to end it, deny it or kill it too many times, but haven't succeeded, and how fitting is the saying "Love conquers all"? I love that, not only for the fictional characters that I love, but also for the message that was presented - in the world they way it is today it's important to remind people that love does conquer all, and can conquer all.

And mind you, SR, I think the actors warmed up for ship after some time, or at least for UST version of it. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) Don't forget the ComicCon or few things Torri had said (there was something about sparky kids with messy hair, right?). Also, let's not forget JF's support to Torri and Elizabeth. Thumbs up for him, I admire his integrity. I just love how he portrayed John and gave him meaning and humanity where the writing lacked to do that. For someone who is supposed to be afraid of commitment, he comes across as wonderfully committed to someone who changed him and taught him so much. If that's not love, then I don't know what it is.

Comment

Also? Who says Elizabeth is dead? Nobody ever dies in Sci Fi, especially Elizabeth because she has ton of faithful fans.

Comment

Also? Who says Elizabeth is dead? Nobody ever dies in Sci Fi, especially Elizabeth because she has ton of faithful fans.
                    *snort* Word right back attcha.

John isn't afraid of commitment. He's afraid of loving someone and then losing them. I wish in Remnants
                    Spoiler:
                    JM had left in the line about John's mother. That would explain so much. He must feel like he could have saved her. And no, he's not projecting that on Elizabeth. LOL
                    He flirts with meaningless women because he knows they can't hurt him but he won't make any sort of move on a woman he really likes. He loves very deeply, whether friends like his team, his ex-wife, his brother, etc. Look at his reaction in Epiphany when he thought they had abandoned him. Who did he lash out toward most? The woman who he never thought would turn against him. The woman who stood beside him all the way when he turned into a bug. But then slowly he began to realize that they would never abandon him. Look at the difference in his attitude in CG. "I have a life to go back to." Such as it was, it worked for him. And then it all went to hell.

I think he feels unworthy of anyone committing to him. He probably never thought Elizabeth would want just a washed up flyboy. *hearts John* But he loved her with all his heart and it breaks anew every day because he couldn't save her. No matter what happens in the future, he will never forget her. He may even have a romantic relationship, but she will always be there like a ghost of the perfect love that slipped through his fingers. Wow.
                    sigpic

Comment

John isn't afraid of commitment. He's afraid of loving someone and then losing them. I wish in Remnants
                      Spoiler:
                      JM had left in the line about John's mother. That would explain so much. He must feel like he could have saved her. And no, he's not projecting that on Elizabeth. LOL
                      He flirts with meaningless women because he knows they can't hurt him but he won't make any sort of move on a woman he really likes. He loves very deeply, whether friends like his team, his ex-wife, his brother, etc. Look at his reaction in Epiphany when he thought they had abandoned him. Who did he lash out toward most? The woman who he never thought would turn against him. The woman who stood beside him all the way when he turned into a bug. But then slowly he began to realize that they would never abandon him. Look at the difference in his attitude in CG. "I have a life to go back to." Such as it was, it worked for him. And then it all went to hell.

I think he feels unworthy of anyone committing to him. He probably never thought Elizabeth would want just a washed up flyboy. *hearts John* But he loved her with all his heart and it breaks anew every day because he couldn't save her. No matter what happens in the future, he will never forget her. He may even have a romantic relationship, but she will always be there like a ghost of the perfect love that slipped through his fingers. Wow.

WORD WORD WORD!!!!

You left me speechless.

You described him perfectly. That's something that can be seen on the evry coin tossing scene in The Rising; his fear of commiting to someone, to people, a place, and then losing it all. That's what he's afraid of, the loss, and his inability to prevent it, to help people when they need him.

Elizabeth is his cornerstone. She is the one who gave him that second chance he needed, she's the one who saw there's a great man beneath the washed out flyboy appearance. And she's the one he was really afraid of loosing, so much was clear in "Epiphany".

I'm content with this kind of canon. I hope they stick to it, it's the only thing that makes sense for John. I'll be happily changing their story in my personal canon because it's so damn awesome!

Also, I remeber nearly a year ago when we were waiting anxiously for TMC and what would happen in that ep. We were all in knots, but we had a celebration going on. I think this thread and this ship deserves something similar.

Ideas?

Also, I want to pimp some old stuff, written when it was the hardest for us:

Sistine Chapel

The Secret Marriage

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but you'll thank me. I found this on the JM blog from August 15.

Spoiler:
                        Apologies for the tardy post but I spent all day in the darkened catacombs of post-production amidst the trolls, troglodytes, morlocks, and editors. The light from my laptop screen! AIIIEEEEE! IT BURNS!!!

I was cutting Remnants which clocked in at an astounding +9.20! Trimming out the first four and a half minutes was no problem; losing the next four and a bit of a chore. The last twenty seconds was freaking impossible and, after going over the episode twice, I threw in the towel and decided to it pick things up Monday morning. It’s a great episode (Carl says it’s his favorite among the three I wrote this season) with not one, not two, but three parallel storylines. The David’s are great together, Bob shows off his great comic timing, and our nefarious special guest star puts our helpless hero through some real physical and psychological torment. Even though Remnants is a perfectly appropriate title for the episode, Revelations would have worked as well. But it was already taken.

There ya go my friends. Post production, and
                        Spoiler:
                        Squee!
                        *joygasms*

OMFG, SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now... we just have to bribe convince Mallozzi to put it on the S5 DVDs like they did with the O'Neill/Carter hint in Trio last year.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;9241935]*joygasms*

OMFG, SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now... we just have to bribe convince Mallozzi to put it on the S5 DVDs like they did with the O'Neill/Carter hint in Trio last year.[/QUOTE]

WE DAMN DESERVE THAT!!!!

Comment

WORD!!!!!!

Having said that, it's very hard to deceive the eyes. I know what I've seen loud and clear across the screen between Elizabeth and John and later with John there all alone. What else can you ask from a ship? I feel like too many people tried to end it, deny it or kill it too many times, but haven't succeeded, and how fitting is the saying "Love conquers all"? I love that, not only for the fictional characters that I love, but also for the message that was presented - in the world they way it is today it's important to remind people that love does conquer all, and can conquer all.

And mind you, SR, I think the actors warmed up for ship after some time, or at least for UST version of it. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) Don't forget the ComicCon or few things Torri had said (there was something about sparky kids with messy hair, right?). Also, let's not forget JF's support to Torri and Elizabeth. Thumbs up for him, I admire his integrity. I just love how he portrayed John and gave him meaning and humanity where the writing lacked to do that. For someone who is supposed to be afraid of commitment, he comes across as wonderfully committed to someone who changed him and taught him so much. If that's not love, then I don't know what it is.

Word to the wordy word, both of you!

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it: Sparky wins. The war was hard-fought, but we stuck to our guns, and they have bowed before our might. We are victorious. Sparky isn't dead. It's alive. And it's canon.

And the nay-sayers... are now eating crow.

Comment

*shipgasms of epic joy* WORD WORD WORD.

Now... we just have to bribe convince Mallozzi to put it on the S5 DVDs like they did with the O'Neill/Carter hint in Trio last year.
                              Aaand don't forget extra S1-S3 stuff. (I spork them if they throw away all that archive footage.)

Comment

Spoiler:

YES! YESYESYES!!!!! That is exactly our John! Elizabeth is The One, and no one can ever replace her in his heart because she is the one who opened his heart again after he'd kept it closed for so many years.

WORD WORD WORD!!!!

You left me speechless.

You described him perfectly. That's something that can be seen on the evry coin tossing scene in The Rising; his fear of commiting to someone, to people, a place, and then losing it all. That's what he's afraid of, the loss, and his inability to prevent it, to help people when they need him.

Elizabeth is his cornerstone. She is the one who gave him that second chance he needed, she's the one who saw there's a great man beneath the washed out flyboy appearance. And she's the one he was really afraid of loosing, so much was clear in "Epiphany".

I'm content with this kind of canon. I hope they stick to it, it's the only thing that makes sense for John. I'll be happily changing their story in my personal canon because it's so damn awesome!

Also, I remeber nearly a year ago when we were waiting anxiously for TMC and what would happen in that ep. We were all in knots, but we had a celebration going on. I think this thread and this ship deserves something similar.

Ideas?

Also, I want to pimp some old stuff, written when it was the hardest for us:

Sistine Chapel

The Secret Marriage
                                I'm content with that kind of canon, too. And so far, it certainly looks like they're going to stick with it. With SGA shifting to movies, they won't have much time to devote to establishing a new relationship for him.

And oh, yes, there's always personal canon. Their love with triumph in mine!

We definitely need to party... Hey! Sparky Day is coming up! The 18th is on Tuesday! Perfect timing!

Comment

Working...
                                X