Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup!

Next week: We begin our final run to the end of the season, with a double-header of Stargate's best clip show ever, "Letters From Pegasus," followed by "The Gift."

Saturday, November 22, at 2pm Pacific Time. John and Elizabeth are looking forward to seeing you!

Thanks to everyone who came out to join in the fun today!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's my pleasure and I had a blast!

Comment

In a totally OT note, I've just turned on the news... damn. As some of you may know, I live in Southern California, and right now, there are a few wildfires burning in the foothills to the north and east of the Los Angeles area. I'm okay, I'm nowhere near any of the fires, but the ash clouds have already carried down to the coastal area where I live. Hundreds of homes have burned and thousands of people have been evacuated. Scary, scary stuff.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OT- kind of, spanky is teh side ship of sparky shippers.

Ronon/Teyla are losing who hasn't voted yet..
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59932&page=31
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            OT- kind of, spanky is teh side ship of sparky shippers.

Ronon/Teyla are losing who hasn't voted yet..
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59932&page=31
            Yep, I cast my vote yesterday. Let's help our sister ship and vote! Spanky needs you!

Comment

Hey! *waves at folks in the thread*

I'm so sorry for those angsty fics, and apparently I didn't learn my lesson ...

I was listening to Taylor Swift's new CD over the past couple days, and there's one song that kinda fits Sparky, but it's more about someone leaving and changing your mind about someone than it is about getting left on a planet full of bugs ... but anyhow, it's called "Breathe" and it just kinda hit me, cuz there are some good parts that would go with them ... and I post this in fear of getting whumped again!!!

If you want, listen here:

Taylor Swift - "Breathe" feat. Colbie Caillat

The description includes the lyrics, but just wanted to toss my two cents in for tonight ...

Have a good one!

Comment

I live in Southern California too and I've been listening on the news about that wildfire and I'm so glad that the fire hasn't reached you yet. I'm praying for you and hoping that the fire will not reach you and also hoping that the fire will be put out soon. Here in Riverside, we're being blown away because of the high winds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  In a totally OT note, I've just turned on the news... damn. As some of you may know, I live in Southern California, and right now, there are a few wildfires burning in the foothills to the north and east of the Los Angeles area. I'm okay, I'm nowhere near any of the fires, but the ash clouds have already carried down to the coastal area where I live. Hundreds of homes have burned and thousands of people have been evacuated. Scary, scary stuff.
                  I'm glad you're okay but that does suck so much.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Hey! *waves at folks in the thread*

I'm so sorry for those angsty fics, and apparently I didn't learn my lesson ...

I was listening to Taylor Swift's new CD over the past couple days, and there's one song that kinda fits Sparky, but it's more about someone leaving and changing your mind about someone than it is about getting left on a planet full of bugs ... but anyhow, it's called "Breathe" and it just kinda hit me, cuz there are some good parts that would go with them ... and I post this in fear of getting whumped again!!!

If you want, listen here:

Taylor Swift - "Breathe" feat. Colbie Caillat

The description includes the lyrics, but just wanted to toss my two cents in for tonight ...

Have a good one!
                    Heh, after seeing "Remnants" last night and thinking about John's inner demons, I'm actually feeling in the mood for some angst!

Speaking of "Remnants,"
                    Spoiler:
                    apparently JM has posted on his blog that there was a reference to John's mother in a previous draft of the script, in which the AI was supposed to tell John to stop blaming himself for what happened to his mother. Basically implying that her fate (whatever it was) was something that significantly changed him.

The idea was shot down by the other writers, but JM claims he's holding on the idea for another time. Daaaaamn. So, John's mother is dead, as we had theorized, and he blames himself for what happened? Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                      I live in Southern California too and I've been listening on the news about that wildfire and I'm so glad that the fire hasn't reached you yet. I'm praying for you and hoping that the fire will not reach you and also hoping that the fire will be put out soon. Here in Riverside, we're being blown away because of the high winds.
                      Like I said, I'm nowhere near any of the fires. I live about a mile from the beach, so I'm good. But the smoke and ash is thick enough to turn the sun orange, and my allergies are not amused.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                      I'm glad you're okay but that does suck so much.
                      Yeah. Even though I'm over 50 miles away from the nearest fire, just watching on TV as these things rip through peoples' neighborhoods is scary sh*t.

Comment

Sorry guys that I was not able to make it to the post-a-thon today. I had a full day of volunteer work at the humane society.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Spoiler:

I also think Kolya was once again wasted in this. Why him? He was actually one of John's successes. It should have been Ford or especially Elizabeth. How good would it have been seeing her taunt him for failing to save her and everybody else, reading out a long list of the dead right in his face. JF would have killed playing that.
                        Good point.

Spoiler:
                        John should have gotten a whole episode of his own with Elizabeth, Ford and Sumner. (Because he was the first failure.) Maybe that would require too much thinky, though. *shrug*

Comment

Heh, after seeing "Remnants" last night and thinking about John's inner demons, I'm actually feeling in the mood for some angst!

Speaking of "Remnants,"
                          Spoiler:
                          apparently JM has posted on his blog that there was a reference to John's mother in a previous draft of the script, in which the AI was supposed to tell John to stop blaming himself for what happened to his mother. Basically implying that her fate (whatever it was) was something that significantly changed him.

The idea was shot down by the other writers, but JM claims he's holding on the idea for another time. Daaaaamn. So, John's mother is dead, as we had theorized, and he blames himself for what happened? Ouch.
                          JM also revealed that
                          Spoiler:
                          a line was cut where Kolya taunts Shep about not being able to save Elizabeth. I've run out of profanity.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

JM also revealed that
                            Spoiler:
                            a line was cut where Kolya taunts Shep about not being able to save Elizabeth. I've run out of profanity.
                            *is speechless with rage*

Comment

*is speechless with rage*
                              Yeah well, I'm not surprised. Evidently it was 9+ minutes long. Lots was cut, but I can think of better things to cut than that. But I'm just going to take it as canon. I mean once something is written, it becomes canon right? Right?

OT. My husband's plane is late. Now I have to go to the airport at midnight. Not happy.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Speaking of "Remnants,"
                                Spoiler:

JM also revealed that
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                I cut it from JM's blog:
                                Finally, because this episode was nine and half minutes over, I had to trim a significant amount of dialogue. Like this line delivered by Kolya as he is working over Sheppard:

KOLYA: #Dr. Weir was just one in a long line wasn’t she, Sheppard? Just another one that…slipped through your fingers.

*am speechless with rage as well*

Comment

Working...
                                X