No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm partway through Season 2 in my rewatch. And for those who think John and Teyla have chemistry? Don't see it. Now Teyla and Ronon on the other hand... those two need to get a room and duke it out already.

Comment

physical combat has been a prequel to love in more than one arena
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Guys. It's July 16, 2014. It's been ten years since we first saw this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psffb8b336.gif

And this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0f98c19b.gif

And this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...gChampagne.gif

And this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/shipperwriter/Stargate%20Atlantis/GIF%20Files/Rising.gif[/IMG]

And this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psb660f176.gif

Uh-oh. I think my brain short-circuited with that last one.

Happy Anniversary, SGA!
        EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I have the sudden urge to go watch Rising again...

And yes, that last one has now got my brain fizzing too.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        When all was still good in the world...

Atlantis cut off from Earth.
        Kate alive (although we hadn't met her yet then).
        Happy exploring of the city.
        Lots of cool stuff around.
        No interference from Earth.
        Equal (more or less anyway) screentime.
        Aiden Ford.

*sigh*
        Indeed. Truly the golden age. *joins in sighing*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Elizabeth was alive as well. Let's not forget that!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

She was never dead really... just not there, which we ignore as much as possible. There was nothing final about her situation... Now, Kate on the other hand... *shakes head* ...I miss seeing Claire on my TV-screen, damn it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

She was not infected with nanites!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                She was not infected with nanites!
                Is that supposed to make me feel better?

There's a fanfic out there that does that.... I think, and it's Elizabeth doing it.

Comment

You know, I am sometimes really nostalgic for the time I first started watching SGA. I was only able to begin to catch it a couple years afterward it actually began to air in North America, but I was a big SG-1 fan for years by that point and I was excited to have another similar show to get into. It never even occurred to me that I ever might not like it. I've wondered if maybe that's the reason I did like it so much (as in perhaps I was just in a more critical frame of mind by the time SGU came out), but then I remember I did not even consider I might not like Enterprise either and... lets just say that my expectations didn't turn out to be the case.

I also remember back in the early years, I'd occasionally see commercials for or references to it that seemed especially exciting when I didn't know anything about it.

I distinctly remember seeing a youtube tribute to it way back when set to Maria Mena's "You are the only one" of all things.

In retrospect, I think that was probably almost certainly a slash video, but all I recognized at the time were a bunch of characters I didn't recognize just standing around in a montage of groups shots to a song I did knew.

I also remember a trailer for SGA at the end of my SG-1 Season 7 disks. And I think even back then I actually wondered thought "I wonder if that dark haired woman is supposed to be that Dr. Weir character."
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    You know, I am sometimes really nostalgic for the time I first started watching SGA. I was only able to begin to catch it a couple years afterward it actually began to air in North America, but I was a big SG-1 fan for years by that point and I was excited to have another similar show to get into. It never even occurred to me that I ever might not like it. I've wondered if maybe that's the reason I did like it so much (as in perhaps I was just in a more critical frame of mind by the time SGU came out), but then I remember I did not even consider I might not like Enterprise either and... lets just say that my expectations didn't turn out to be the case.

I also remember back in the early years, I'd occasionally see commercials for or references to it that seemed especially exciting when I didn't know anything about it.

I distinctly remember seeing a youtube tribute to it way back when set to Maria Mena's "You are the only one" of all things.

In retrospect, I think that was probably almost certainly a slash video, but all I recognized at the time were a bunch of characters I didn't recognize just standing around in a montage of groups shots to a song I did knew.

I also remember a trailer for SGA at the end of my SG-1 Season 7 disks. And I think even back then I actually wondered thought "I wonder if that dark haired woman is supposed to be that Dr. Weir character."
                    Heh, I know what you mean. I've been feeling pretty nostalgic for early SGA as well; the 10-year anniversary has a lot to do with that, I'm sure.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's not a pretty friday - it's the day after.

And it's hooooooot.... I'm melting.

Comment

It's not a pretty friday - it's the day after.

And it's hooooooot.... I'm melting.
                        *Sends several ice packs*

Thats what I get to deal with most of next week. Temps are predicted to be around 90F all week.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's now almost 1:30am and the temperature is still close to 26° Celsius - we are not used to that sort warmness at night. On the upside, temps will go down this weekend. On the downside, thunderstorms will bring forth the lower temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Oh, I forgot. I come bearing a present:

Spoiler:
                            I started on a list of 100 drabbles, but I'm limiting each of them to 100 words. All Sparky. Here's the first six!

1. Introduction.

The first time that she saw him, he was sitting in a chair that he shouldn't have been sitting in, much less actually known about. His eyes were widened, blinking in concern as personnel gathered around him.

She didn't know his name. She knew nothing about his dark background. If she were to tell him about herself and what she did, he probably wouldn't be that impressed. But as the map appeared over their heads and he stuttered in wonder how he did that, she knew that something was about to change. She smiled.

Elizabeth Weir had met John Sheppard.

2. Love.

Somewhere along the course of those first two years in Atlantis, his feelings for Elizabeth had changed. He still respected her. He admired her. He cared about her a lot. He would even call her a friend, despite their rocky beginning.

But somewhere along the way, it became apparent to him that he loved her. Years later, he would look back, thinking about the exact moment when he realized it. It was the second that he decided to break quarantine on the slim chance it might save her life. As the medics dragged him away, he nodded. Totally worth it.

3. Light.

It was still cloudy the morning after the storm. But about ten o'clock in the morning, the grey finally began to be replaced by blue skies. About half an hour later, the sun peaked through and spent the rest of the day shining on the city, warming it after its brutal encounter.

Elizabeth leaned on the railing of the balcony, closing her eyes, just basking in the glow of the sunlight. She felt someone come up next to her, inhaling deeply and sighing in a relaxed manner. John nodded. "It feels good out here."

She smiled. It definitely felt good.

4. Dark.

"Come on in," John heard Elizabeth say as the tall man entered her office, tapping the red and white cane in front of him. He knew from memory that the two chairs were – hopefully – still directly in front of her desk. One arm extended as he groped for it.

He heard a hiss from her, and he froze. "Did you move the chair?"

"No, it's still there. John, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that it was mace. I thought it was a flashlight. It was dark in there."

"Yeah, it's dark here too," he grimaced quietly.

5. Seeking Solace.

Colonel Carter walked away after delivering the bad news, and John stood, feet glued to the ground, unsure of where to go next. Part of him wanted to jump right through the Stargate, and an even larger part wanted to run around the perimeter of the city until he collapsed of exhaustion.

He chose the second.

But when he passed an all too familiar set of doors that hadn't been used in months, he stopped and made his way back, almost passing his hand over the sensor, until he remembered that no one would answer anymore.

So he left Elizabeth's room undisturbed.

6. Break Away

She didn't know how much more of this she could take.

A night's sleep had evaded her once again, leaving her staring at the ceiling as she considered her options. Some of them were bordering on illegal. She didn't know how it was possible to feel so much hatred and passion at the same time for one person.

She turned over in bed, tapping her husband on the shoulder. "John."

"Yeah," he replied, just as awake as she was.

"I can't do this anymore."

"Agreed."

From the cradle, Emma cried again.

Elizabeth sighed and got up. "I need a vacation."
                            That was sooo lovely! Just what the doctor ordered: a big dose of Sparky love!
                            (I didn't quite understand the "Darkness" one , tho. Is he blind or something?)
                            sigpic

Comment

When all was still good in the world...

Atlantis cut off from Earth.
                              Kate alive (although we hadn't met her yet then).
                              Happy exploring of the city.
                              Lots of cool stuff around.
                              No interference from Earth.
                              Equal (more or less anyway) screentime.
                              Aiden Ford.

*sigh*
                              All of them true for me too (with different weight, tho: for me, Ford was the most missed character from S1, although I loved Ronon too)
                              sigpic

Comment

If you want to discuss the stories some more, there's a thread in OT-Fanfiction dedicated to Rising -> Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series.
                                Went there, and now I'm spoiled *pouts*
                                (JK, I'm a sucker for spoilers. In fact, when I read a book, I read the beginning, then I read the end, and if I still want to see how things went from point A to B, I read the rest. But only if I can stomach the writing style)
                                Last edited by zbir; 19 July 2014, 01:53 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X