Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by america126 View Post
    that's what everyone thinks, and i have nothing against it. but some people might be wrong...a year ago i asked the author jo graham if Elizabeth was going to return, she replied back and said something like we are trying to bring Elizabeth back in a way that feels right, or something like that, i don't really remember. and i am not lying about this.

    there was something in which people can ask about scenes involving characters in the final book, someone asked for a scene involving Elizabeth and Jo graham said that she couldn't post the scene because it's really spoilery!!!

    as for a reunion, i'm guessing that John and Elizabeth will reunite
    As the old saying goes, "action speak louder than words." I don't know what exactly you've read, but as others have mentioned, a number of us have also interacted with the author(s) and they've made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in bringing John and Elizabeth together. I think in the long run, you'll spare yourself a lot of disappointment by avoiding the novels and sticking to pro-Sparky fanfiction.

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I know you are not lying because I read her blog at first also. When I realized she had no intention of bringing Elizabeth back in a meaningful way or having her interact with John, I stopped. I think she said certain things to attract readers, but everything I have heard about the plans for the Legacy series tells me that John and Elizabeth will not meet. John is matched with Teyla and that won't change. That's fine, but as others have said, the books are not canon and are just another form of fanfic, even if they are approved by the studio. I'm not interested in any sort of fiction that doesn't have John and Elizabeth at least as friends.
    Or ignores even their friendship altogether, as a few of the novels seem to do. It's a pity that quality control for the novels seems to have dropped off since the show went off the air, but there it is. *shrugs*

    *high-fives Falcon Horus for the rec on Atlantis Rising*
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 01 January 2013, 06:25 PM. Reason: Typing so fast I'm skipping words. Whee!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      i am quite aware of what happens and am kind of okay with it, i got over the fact that John and Elizabeth were not going to be together, regardless of my feelings towards that area in the legacy novels. i m actually okay with John ending up with
      Teyla, i told one of my friends and i quote 'you were right Sheppard ends up with Teyla and she did a little happy dance
      later i asked her how happy she was about it, she said that it felt good.

      as for Atlantis rising,i have been reading it and i'm quite happy to read it it actually brings a huge smile to my face when i'm reading. i hope John and Elizabeth reunite.

      Comment


        When i was reading the first two books of the legacy, i was very disappointed with the way things were happening
        Spoiler:
        in what concerned John and Teyla, but in a way i was beginning to feel a little bit more excited and happy when i red that part of Rodney dreaming with Elizabeth, and with the hints Elizabeth gave there that she had ascended, in a way, even if something else would not happen i would at least be happy to know that she had a good “ending”. But i can’t accept the fact of John and Teyla ending up together. And that was one of the reasons i stopped reading the books.
        I agree that with Atlantis Rising we are having a much better continuation of the series in many different aspects, so for me the continuation of the series is definitely in Atlantis Rising and will never be in the legacy books.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

        Comment


          Originally posted by america126 View Post
          i am quite aware of what happens and am kind of okay with it, i got over the fact that John and Elizabeth were not going to be together, regardless of my feelings towards that area in the legacy novels. i m actually okay with John ending up with
          Teyla...
          I'm more annoyed by the way how they handwaved the relationship between Kanaan and Teyla away as one of convenience when we are clearly made aware on screen (even if it was just a little) that they aren't just together because of Torren. That's actually not the kind of character Teyla is or will ever be. Oh sure, every living person will eventually slip up one way or another, but the character has never been shown that way. Teyla has a certain integrity as a leader and person that it's hard to get that Kanaan was just there at the right moment.

          I have to admit that how the Athosians were used in the show and portrayed in the books is just a step beneath shameful. They could have been so much more but nope downgraded to idiots for their own convenience, and Teyla holding up walls every episode.

          Grrrr.... *enraged Lemming is enraged*

          Originally posted by america126 View Post
          as for Atlantis rising,i have been reading it and i'm quite happy to read it it actually brings a huge smile to my face when i'm reading.
          Spoiler for Rising for the episode Box of Dreams - if you haven't read that yet:

          Spoiler:
          At least there Kate is back, alive and well. Very big thumbs up for that.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            No way i would ever think Teyla only
            Spoiler:
            had a “one night stand” with Kanan just because she was seeking console after Kate’s death, like they portrait in the legacy books, not after what we saw on screen, her desperation when she couldn’t find Kanan or her people, and the way everybody (Ronon, Elizabeth/Fran) guessed that the father of her child was Kanan, it was more than obvious that she had feelings for Kanan, more than anyone else, it was pretty clear on screen, specially on the episodes from season 4 when she was looking for her people. So no way it is possible for me to believe her feelings in the legacy books, not after the evidences of her love for Kanan, on screen.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

            Comment


              Merrt Christmas and a Happy New Year! So, what did I miss?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                No way i would ever think Teyla only
                Spoiler:
                had a “one night stand” with Kanan just because she was seeking console after Kate’s death, like they portrait in the legacy books, not after what we saw on screen, her desperation when she couldn’t find Kanan or her people, and the way everybody (Ronon, Elizabeth/Fran) guessed that the father of her child was Kanan, it was more than obvious that she had feelings for Kanan, more than anyone else, it was pretty clear on screen, specially on the episodes from season 4 when she was looking for her people. So no way it is possible for me to believe her feelings in the legacy books, not after the evidences of her love for Kanan, on screen.
                Yeah I totaly agree!
                Spoiler:
                And I don't think that Teyla is the kind of person that would have a one night stand with anyone

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I'm more annoyed by the way how they handwaved the relationship between Kanaan and Teyla away as one of convenience when we are clearly made aware on screen (even if it was just a little) that they aren't just together because of Torren. That's actually not the kind of character Teyla is or will ever be. Oh sure, every living person will eventually slip up one way or another, but the character has never been shown that way. Teyla has a certain integrity as a leader and person that it's hard to get that Kanaan was just there at the right moment.

                  I have to admit that how the Athosians were used in the show and portrayed in the books is just a step beneath shameful. They could have been so much more but nope downgraded to idiots for their own convenience, and Teyla holding up walls every episode.

                  Grrrr.... *enraged Lemming is enraged*



                  Spoiler for Rising for the episode Box of Dreams - if you haven't read that yet:

                  Spoiler:
                  At least there Kate is back, alive and well. Very big thumbs up for that.
                  Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  No way i would ever think Teyla only
                  Spoiler:
                  had a “one night stand” with Kanan just because she was seeking console after Kate’s death, like they portrait in the legacy books, not after what we saw on screen, her desperation when she couldn’t find Kanan or her people, and the way everybody (Ronon, Elizabeth/Fran) guessed that the father of her child was Kanan, it was more than obvious that she had feelings for Kanan, more than anyone else, it was pretty clear on screen, specially on the episodes from season 4 when she was looking for her people. So no way it is possible for me to believe her feelings in the legacy books, not after the evidences of her love for Kanan, on screen.
                  Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                  Yeah I totaly agree!
                  Spoiler:
                  And I don't think that Teyla is the kind of person that would have a one night stand with anyone

                  I'm just gonna say *high five sistahs* to all this. And this is just a small part of what I was talking about when I mentioned canon errors. You don't even want to get me started on how OOC John is in those books. OMG. And poor Rodney, plus the new age hippie Wraith. *puts hand to brow and goes to lie down*
                  sigpic

                  Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                  Comment


                    What is it with TPTW, and thinking that killing off well loved characters was a *good* idea?
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      What is it with TPTW, and thinking that killing off well loved characters was a *good* idea?
                      Sorta going OT again but they wanted an emotional reaction from what they did to our favorite Scotsman and that, they sure as hell did get. Though likely a wee bit more than they expected, they got enough to bring Carson back

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Aang View Post
                        Sorta going OT again but they wanted an emotional reaction from what they did to our favorite Scotsman and that, they sure as hell did get. Though likely a wee bit more than they expected, they got enough to bring Carson back
                        Yeah, the fans sure raised a ruckus to get him back. Shame the ruckus didn't work when it came to getting Elizabeth back!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Yeah, the fans sure raised a ruckus to get him back. Shame the ruckus didn't work when it came to getting Elizabeth back!
                          Guess it only works one time with Stargate's TPTW and so that one time was used to bring our favorite Scot back to the show...unknown to us that we'd need the magic to work a second time because 3 episodes later, Liz was downgraded to recurring...and then didn't reoccur after a while.

                          Comment


                            I was about to say the same thing, too bad it also didn't work for Elizabeth.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Aang View Post
                              Guess it only works one time with Stargate's TPTW and so that one time was used to bring our favorite Scot back to the show...unknown to us that we'd need the magic to work a second time because 3 episodes later, Liz was downgraded to recurring...and then didn't reoccur after a while.
                              Again with Liz being downgraded,

                              ARGH!!!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Again with Liz being downgraded,

                                ARGH!!!
                                I know! I was thinking she still had a story arc to finish out because there was that scene of Torri-Liz (as opposed to FRAN-ibeth) commanding the replicator ship...and then *poof* no more Liz...I'm still sitting here going WTF about that scene anyway!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X