Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brie View Post
    john really can fly...i mean crash everything.
    lol
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us for the fun today, and be sure to tune in next week for one of the series' most annoying episodes, Sunday! Whiskey and kleenex will be provided on request. Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Another good postathon. See you all later.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          Aww at Elizabeth sitting at Teyla's bedside, had the camera been focusing on them we could have gotten a great friendship scene.
          They were not interested in that.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

A "good" landing is defined as one that the pilot can walk away from.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I'm not going to say anything about this multi-ship moment. I'll just let it lie there like the lead balloon it is.
              Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us for the fun today, and be sure to tune in next week for one of the series' most annoying episodes, Sunday! Whiskey and kleenex will be provided on request. Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
                Consider it requested.
                sigpic

Comment

That was great fun, now I'm off to do some more work on my screen-play for school before I'm heading to bed. Good night everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

See you all later.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Someone made a mistake. It happens. They needed better continuity.
                      Among other things...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sneaks in*

Looks like you guys had fun with the post-a-thon today. But is it just me, or were things kind of slow here this week?

Anyway, I just have something interesting that I've been learning in school. It kind of connects with Atlantis, and I'm hoping that it will engender some interesting discussions.
                        Spoiler:
                        So recently, we have been reading The Stranger by Albert Camus in my literature class. To understand the story, we had to get past the plot and delve into the philosophy behind it, which revolves around the concepts of absurdism and existentialism. I don't completely get what is the difference between the two, and I don't completely even understand them, but I'll do my best to explain the gist of absurdism and existentialism. Hopefully, this will kinda-sorta make sense, and the questions that I ask later on will also make sense.

1. Life has no meaning, because all life ends in death.

2. All life ends in death, so in the end, nothing in life matters, and nothing we do in life matters. It also means that life has no right or wrong answer, because the end product, death, is always the same and is inevitable.

3. Process is not necessarily as important as the product... or is it?

4. However, even though life itself has no meaning, it is still possible for the individual to find his or her own meaning in life.

5. We can try to find meaning in our lives, knowing that it will be a constant struggle, that at times, we will fail, and that in the end, we will be greeted by death. However, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue to struggle.

6. The world is hostile, absurd, and indifferent to our existence.

7. Life is a series of choices, and the actions we take cause stress. They may lead to anguish or lead to accomplishment, but whatever the case, our actions must always be followed through.

8. Our actions set off a chain of events, and they often have negative consequences.

The main character in this book, Meursault, is an extremely apathetic man who lacks emotion and passion for everything in his life. He doesn't display any emotion at his mother's funeral, doesn't care that his girlfriend wants to marry him, and doesn't show any remorse for a murder that he thoughtlessly committed. He believes that it doesn't matter how he has chosen to live his life because all life ends in death, implying that he only sees importance in the product (death) and not the process (life). In the end, when he is given a death sentence for his crime, his final wish is that there is a large gathering at his execution and that the spectators will greet him with cries of hate. He will then be content with how his death, the final product, has meaning to others.

With all that said, I have all these questions specifically concerning the character of John Sheppard:

1. How would John approach these teachings, taking into account all that he has witnessed and been through?

2. In what ways does he believe his life has meaning?

3. John gained an incredible second chance when he made the choice to step through the gate for the first time, yet he has suffered so many losses since then. Therefore, why does he continue to struggle?

4. Does he believe that the "process" is more important than the "product"?

5. What choices were difficult for him to make... and what choices did he regret not making, keeping in mind the ramifications of making or not making those choices?

6. Is there anything that he may have believed was unfair and reflected how the world was hostile, indifferent to his existence, and uncaring about what happened to him or to others around him?

Just trying to make discussion here. I'm curious to see how everyone may respond to this. I'll put in my own thoughts later on.
                        sigpic
                        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I finally got the converter and DVD player working on my TV (it was an issue with the TV but I won!) so unless the kids drag me away next Sunday, I should be here for the postathon (I'll bring tissues....)

I signed up to do a daily fic challenge and have written a couple different kinds of fics....for yesterday's prompt, I wrote this sparky crack!fic (mostly gratuitous smut)...it's not my best because I was hurrying to get it posted before the deadline....(the prompt was poison and I was in a giddy mood so my mind took it to a strange place)
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                            I finally got the converter and DVD player working on my TV (it was an issue with the TV but I won!) so unless the kids drag me away next Sunday, I should be here for the postathon (I'll bring tissues....)

I signed up to do a daily fic challenge and have written a couple different kinds of fics....for yesterday's prompt, I wrote this sparky crack!fic (mostly gratuitous smut)...it's not my best because I was hurrying to get it posted before the deadline....(the prompt was poison and I was in a giddy mood so my mind took it to a strange place)
                            Wow, we may have to change this to "smutty Monday." That was a great way to start my day.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That is a great post, Sparks of Atlantis! This is going to require some deep thinking before I can respond, but ohh, that does put an interesting perspective on John's thoughts and actions.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

Aha! The TV has been vanquished and victory is yours! *salutes*

And OMG, that fic! What a yummy way to start the week! Those two naughty kids...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Might try to make myself available to join in on that one...but there will be crying, I can promise that. I don't do well with Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X