Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Live in fear, I have another brief teaser from Return to Pegasus, Part II for you all:

Spoiler:
    Sheppard stood at attention as he and Woolsey explained the events of the last few hours to General O'Neill at Homeworld Command. O'Neill was one of the few commanding officers Sheppard had ever had that he'd truly respected, not only for the fact that O'Neill actually gave a damn about the men and women who served under him, but also because he'd just as soon rather be back in the trenches with them instead of playing desk jockey. Plus, he was just a cool guy all around. The scowl on O'Neill's face now gave Sheppard a slight feeling of dread and shame at disappointing the man.

Of course, it was just as possible that the odd feelings were from the fact that John was currently residing in someone else's body. It was his first time being "stoned," as those aboard the faraway Destiny had unofficially nicknamed the procedure, and he wasn't relishing the experience. He wondered vaguely if this was anything like what Steven Caldwell had felt like while he'd been under the control of a Goa'uld symbiote. Before he started drawing up plans to compare notes with Caldwell the next time the two met, O'Neill drew John's attention with an arch look across his desk.

"Sheppard, what did I tell you before you took off with Atlantis?"

"Avoid eleventh hour saves and draining the ZPM," Sheppard answered automatically.

O'Neill rolled his eyes. "So why is it that you and Woolsey are now standing before me in the guise of two young, strapping junior airmen who look nothing like you, and you're saying that you've just gone and done both?"

"To be fair, General," Woolsey broke in, the voice of his borrowed body a bit higher than his normal voice and prompting John to think that this would all be incredibly funny if they were merely spectators to this latest trainwreck rather than living it themselves, "We didn't plan on doing either. It just sort of..."

"Happened?" O'Neill finished, then sighed. "I guess it figures something would go wrong. The IOA's gonna be pissed, though."

"We don't doubt that for a second," Woolsey replied, while Sheppard snorted in the background.

"All right, what do you need? Aside from the ZPM from the Coria, since you obviously don't have the power to open the gate long enough to send even a databurst? And the Daedalus, since you'll just as obviously need a ship to bring the ZPM to you, and Caldwell is chomping at the bit to get outta the Milky Way just for old times' sake?"

Sheppard and Woolsey exchanged looks.

"More bullets?"

"And lots more coffee. McKay's probably gonna go through our stock in a week, the way he's going."

"You think it'll take him that long? I'd give him two more days, tops."

"Good point."

*cackles and slips off to dinner*
    Yay!!!

Comment

Live in fear, I have another brief teaser from Return to Pegasus, Part II for you all:

Spoiler:
      Sheppard stood at attention as he and Woolsey explained the events of the last few hours to General O'Neill at Homeworld Command. O'Neill was one of the few commanding officers Sheppard had ever had that he'd truly respected, not only for the fact that O'Neill actually gave a damn about the men and women who served under him, but also because he'd just as soon rather be back in the trenches with them instead of playing desk jockey. Plus, he was just a cool guy all around. The scowl on O'Neill's face now gave Sheppard a slight feeling of dread and shame at disappointing the man.

Of course, it was just as possible that the odd feelings were from the fact that John was currently residing in someone else's body. It was his first time being "stoned," as those aboard the faraway Destiny had unofficially nicknamed the procedure, and he wasn't relishing the experience. He wondered vaguely if this was anything like what Steven Caldwell had felt like while he'd been under the control of a Goa'uld symbiote. Before he started drawing up plans to compare notes with Caldwell the next time the two met, O'Neill drew John's attention with an arch look across his desk.

"Avoid eleventh hour saves and draining the ZPM," Sheppard answered automatically.

O'Neill rolled his eyes. "So why is it that you and Woolsey are now standing before me in the guise of two young, strapping junior airmen who look nothing like you, and you're saying that you've just gone and done both?"

"To be fair, General," Woolsey broke in, the voice of his borrowed body a bit higher than his normal voice and prompting John to think that this would all be incredibly funny if they were merely spectators to this latest trainwreck rather than living it themselves, "We didn't plan on doing either. It just sort of..."

"Happened?" O'Neill finished, then sighed. "I guess it figures something would go wrong. The IOA's gonna be pissed, though."

"We don't doubt that for a second," Woolsey replied, while Sheppard snorted in the background.

"All right, what do you need? Aside from the ZPM from the Coria, since you obviously don't have the power to open the gate long enough to send even a databurst? And the Daedalus, since you'll just as obviously need a ship to bring the ZPM to you, and Caldwell is chomping at the bit to get outta the Milky Way just for old times' sake?"

"More bullets?"

"And lots more coffee. McKay's probably gonna go through our stock in a week, the way he's going."

"Good point."

LOL. loved this snippet. best one i ever read. cant wait to read both Part I and II. "Stoned" sounds like somebody getting high instead of switching bodies

Comment

Spoiler:

"More bullets?"

"Good point."

Wow, love the humor. Interesting use of the
        Spoiler:
        stones also. Ties SGU in nicely.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

NOTE TO SELF: Read Cosmopolitan more often....for it gives you Smutty Sparky Ideas.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

"More bullets?"

"Good point."

Love it! Love it! Love it! Please hurry and finish it before I start going through withdrawals! I want to find out how they got into the mess!

Does anybody here know much about the Highlander universe? I'm working on an overly complicated crossover fic were Elizabeth becomes and Immortal. I'm not to the part where that happens yet but I'm struggling with just how relucatant she'll be to learning how to use a sword. Any thoughts?
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yay! Glad you all enjoyed the teaser! What can I say, I couldn't resist having a little fun with it..

Working as fast as I can to get it done; the plot bunnies are being very fickle right now.

BTW, the term
              Spoiler:
              "stoned" comes straight from the SGU cast themselves; they were using it extensively during the SGU S2 Q&A at Comic-Con 2010. (where Ming-Na was also calling her new iPhone her "Precious." LMAO, she was so cute!)
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                NOTE TO SELF: Read Cosmopolitan more often....for it gives you Smutty Sparky Ideas.
                LOL I hope Elizabeth won't be dressing according to their fashion advice.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  *shudders* Now there's a scary thought.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yay! Glad you all enjoyed the teaser! What can I say, I couldn't resist having a little fun with it..

Working as fast as I can to get it done; the plot bunnies are being very fickle right now.

BTW, the term
                    Spoiler:
                    "stoned" comes straight from the SGU cast themselves; they were using it extensively during the SGU S2 Q&A at Comic-Con 2010. (where Ming-Na was also calling her new iPhone her "Precious." LMAO, she was so cute!)
                    That's true SGA humor - intellignet and funny without hurting or offending anyone. Bravo, m'dear! I loved it.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

That's true SGA humor - intellignet and funny without hurting or offending anyone. Bravo, m'dear! I loved it.
                      Hooray! *zooms around the room* Glad you enjoyed it! I always liked how even in the darkest moments, a spot of humor nearly always seemed to pop up to break the tension. I wanted to be sure that we got some of that punch-drunk zaniness into our stories.

Comment

No actually but to keep the Sparky thread from being moderated it involves work clothes and high heeled shoes....and the red shirt it's blasphemy not have it in the story.
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          He did it in Return 2 also.
                          oh yeah when he told o'neill and woolsey the plan.

Comment

SK: Can't wait to read the next part. Can't wait to read the season 6. You're doing an amazing work, guys.

Talking about "work", I should start to work now but no I prefer to be here.lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi, SparkyFam!!! I was out of the house all weekend and didn't have a chance to come in ... And in just 2 days, I now have five pages to catch up on.

Wow. Some of this stuff was deep. Sorry I missed it!

I'll have you all know that all these songs you've got ping-ponging in my head will be the death of me, I swear.
                              Yeah, me too. And I'm sitting on a lab computer surrounded by 50 students. Songs in my head is the only last thing I need in my head right now.

Oh, indeed! Just look at where John was when we first meet him. He's stuck in a dead-end assignment at the bottom of the world, left there to rot by his superiors after he did the right thing at the wrong time. But Elizabeth doesn't care about that. All she cares about is that he has something that can help the expedition, and that little exchange she has with O'Neill says that she sees potential in Sheppard to be more. Elizabeth's willing to give him the chance that no one else was, and under her leadership, we see John thrive and develop into a fine leader in his own right.

Every time I think about that, I also think about that exchange John has with Harmony; while the episode itself was terrible, I think this scene gives us another of those "Weir's ghost" scenes:

Though Elizabeth is never mentioned by name, John totally has to be thinking of her and the lessons he learned from her here; I'm pretty sure I even saw the iconic woobie-for-Elizabeth face on display.
                              Long live Elizabeth Weir. She really did more for the members of that Expedition that anyone would ask, or expect. It's very understandable why she's called "the heart of Atlantis".

Oh wait. That's Carson.

Yup, always good to have a real professional in the field to consult with, rather than trying to make up stuff on our own. But then, 'Nuna thinks we're all right on the money, so it's all good. Thanks, 'Nuna!

*snerks* I'll bet Elizabeth wanted to pull him out of his jeans, all right.

Oh wait, we were having a serious discussion.
                              ROFLing.

If we're going to talk teasing, well, we can't forget the biggest classic of all:

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: Just out of political curiosity, how much trouble is it gonna cause you if I knock this Woolsey guy in the head?

WEIR: May I ask why you'd like to do that?

SHEPPARD: It's just an impulse I had, really, one I suspect I'm gonna have again next time I see him. He may not even have to say anything.

(Elizabeth looks up at him, amused.)

WEIR: I've never seen you like this. What did Woolsey say to you?

SHEPPARD: Besides judging every damned decision you've ever made?

WEIR: John Sheppard, are you defending my honour?!

In the immortal words of Guy Fieri, "winner winner chicken dinner."
                              John Sheppard's chilvary for the win!

Awww, it's quite easy when most of my bunch are very smart, educated ladies *hugs you all*

Oh and that moment is so CLASSIC! *swoon* I love how he's all puffing his chest and basically saying "Whoever questions your decisions INSULTS me!"

And just because I can:

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              PS I forgot to add Torri should have won an Emmy for The Real World
                              Totally. But overall, SG-1 and SGA should've won a lot more awards than they did. When the actors protray them so convincingly that you have to take a step back and remember that, sadly, this is just a television show, that says something right there.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Oh, I love that .gif. They really did complement each other didn't they. "Sublime", like Martin Firrell said. And remembering what Joe told us at the con about where that chemistry came from in part makes me smile all over again.

And she never tried to force him to talk about his feelings or put words in his mouth. That lovely moment in LFP when she asked him if he wanted to make a recording and then let him get away with a no comment just showed how even that early in their relationship, they understood each other so well. He knew she wouldn't nag at him and she knew why he didn't want to talk.

Oh and another great Sparky moment.

Oh. It's nice watching that in slo mo. Heehee!

(continued below)

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                One small little moment I always enjoy is the jumper bay scene in Tao of Rodney. When Rodney's explaining how he thinks his mental powers saved everyone, John keeps looking at Elizabeth. He tended to look her way a good bit of the time, though.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_0387.JPG
                                Spam day, yes!!!

Ha. He was such a great character in that. Did you hear the story about him watching it with his boys and 3 nephews? That must have been a hoot. And then the next day they all argued over who was going to be "Daddy" when they played Ferocious Planet. So cute.
                                I still haven't seen "Ferocious Planet" ... heck, I'm still waiting to buy the DVD for "Change of Plans". I, uh, kinda ran out of money ... I get paid this Friday, whoo!!!

You guys are posting so fast I can't keep up, but I have to add something.

The last scene in The Intruder where even though they had spent 3 weeks together on the ship, he still couldn't stop looking at her even when Teyla was trying to brief them and compliment him on his promotion. I think he was sharing a sekrit moment with Elizabeth that said he knew it was all due to her. Awww.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3577.jpghttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3586.jpg

And look how proud Teyla is of her big brother. Hee. And ignoring her whiny little brother, Rodney. Also hee.
                                Oh, look! Matching outfits! They're obviously a thing.

*slaps self*

Whoa. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Now that the history HBO, or was it Showtime, comparisons are out of the way, back to our regularly scheduled Sparky.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ouwillbeok.gif
                                That's something else I love about that scene. Like someone said, she's so open with him at that moment, but when he grabs her hand, there is no hesitation; she runs with him. She knows that she will be safe with him. And she wanted to hold his hand.

Did someone say Sparky?

Here's a Sparkyrific motivational poster spam, all by our sadly-missed Reiko:

[snip]
                                I just LOVE how raw this moment is, and that' she's so honest with him, right there. *stares*
                                Yep. What she said.

*puts tongue firmly in cheek* Looking at him will do that to you.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Putting in my 0.5 cent into Sparky moments:

Spoiler:

Sparks flying about...

Oh wait... wrong kind of Sparky... sorry about that...

How about now?

Sparky 2.0 - I liked it.

...Okay, fine...

Here you go...

Spoiler:

Evil lemming at work!!!

And now.... the Spark!

Lemming ... I'm buying you a big bag of sugar. That was hysterical, just what I needed to kick off my Monday morning! THANK YOU!!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                makes ya wonder if John makes a trip to his mother's grave and to see Elizabeth's Mother just to see how she was doing.
                                Fic plot bunny, anyone???

Spoiler:

"More bullets?"

"Good point."

*bows to SK*

OMG, that was beautiful! Everybody was in character, the lines were perfect, nicely done!!! Gnawing at the bit for the rest of RtP!!!

Back to work. Later!

Comment

Working...
                                X