Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    That involves math darling. I can't even figure out when mine airs. Where's JT-2? We need mathgirl. I think we also need a schedule.
    Yeah! But I do have a month at least? Eeeeep!!!!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That involves math darling. I can't even figure out when mine airs. Where's JT-2? We need mathgirl. I think we also need a schedule.
      You guys do amuse me.

      My schedule is on my home laptop. I'll send you all a PM when I get home. It's in spreadsheet format and I don't know how well it will translate to web page. I might have to send it via regular email accounts. We'll see.

      Comment


        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        You guys do amuse me.

        My schedule is on my home laptop. I'll send you all a PM when I get home. It's in spreadsheet format and I don't know how well it will translate to web page. I might have to send it via regular email accounts. We'll see.
        Can I ahve it as well? Pleaseeeee!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          You guys do amuse me.

          My schedule is on my home laptop. I'll send you all a PM when I get home. It's in spreadsheet format and I don't know how well it will translate to web page. I might have to send it via regular email accounts. We'll see.
          Actually, that reminds me... You, SR and I were on Twitter last night discussing when the mid-season break should be; between Episodes 10 and 11 (in the usual cliffhanger config like in Seasons 1-5) or between Episodes 11 and 12 (the real midpoint, as we have 22 episodes instead of 20). Everyone, what are your thoughts on that? And how long should the mid-season break be? Probably best to get this squared away as well, so we're all on the same page when we get to the second half.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            How about you guys publish it on the 19th as a bday present for me
            Too soon, we can't be ready that fast. Sorry.

            Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Yeah! But I do have a month at least? Eeeeep!!!!
            More than that. But we have to count the beta time also. Eeeeep indeed.

            Back to writing. I must figure out how to get John out of the clutches of that dang female and OMG, I left Teyla and Rodney with no fire. Eeeep!

            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            You guys do amuse me.

            My schedule is on my home laptop. I'll send you all a PM when I get home. It's in spreadsheet format and I don't know how well it will translate to web page. I might have to send it via regular email accounts. We'll see.
            Oh thanks so much wonder girl. Spreadsheets scare me, but we'll figure out how to get it out to everyone. Even if I have to ask Mr. SR for help.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Actually, that reminds me... You, SR and I were on Twitter last night discussing when the mid-season break should be; between Episodes 10 and 11 (in the usual cliffhanger config like in Seasons 1-5) or between Episodes 11 and 12 (the real midpoint, as we have 22 episodes instead of 20). Everyone, what are your thoughts on that? And how long should the mid-season break be? Probably best to get this squared away as well, so we're all on the same page when we get to the second half.
              Oh yeah, I forgot that. I'm thinking we publish ep 12 and then break through the holidays. I'm going to be in Florida for a week over Thanksgiving and then we'll have Christmas coming up and people will be scattered and/or have their attention taken with RL stuff. Then we can resume in Jan. Thoughts?
              sigpic

              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Too soon, we can't be ready that fast. Sorry.
                I was kidding, I could settle for smut as a bday present *shifty*
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Oh thanks so much wonder girl. Spreadsheets scare me, but we'll figure out how to get it out to everyone. Even if I have to ask Mr. SR for help.
                  LMAO!! For a former job I had to make a spreadsheet that calculated with imaginary numbers. Impedance, maybe? Can't remember. But THAT was a scary spreadsheet!

                  But of course, I'd rather clean toilets than teach children, so there you go. It's a good thing people are all so different.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Can I ahve it as well? Pleaseeeee!
                    Of course!! I'll send it to you, SK, SR, and Eri13.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      LMAO!! For a former job I had to make a spreadsheet that calculated with imaginary numbers. Impedance, maybe? Can't remember. But THAT was a scary spreadsheet!

                      But of course, I'd rather clean toilets than teach children, so there you go. It's a good thing people are all so different.
                      I'll say. But imagine me teaching children math. *shudders* Why do you think I taught the high level language arts groups and my teammate taught the high math? And we're talking about 6th grade. Though I can still multiply and divide fractions. Yay me!

                      And, as I said on Twitter, the conversation I had with my brother this morning about torque almost did me in. I know that's not math, but it was vaguely mathlike. Especially when he got into all this stuff about calibration and something something footpounds. Gah.
                      sigpic

                      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I'll say. But imagine me teaching children math. *shudders* Why do you think I taught the high level language arts groups and my teammate taught the high math? And we're talking about 6th grade. Though I can still multiply and divide fractions. Yay me!

                        And, as I said on Twitter, the conversation I had with my brother this morning about torque almost did me in. I know that's not math, but it was vaguely mathlike. Especially when he got into all this stuff about calibration and something something footpounds. Gah.
                        Ok even I don't want to talk about stuff like that! I haven't done any real math since I started my current job, and my brain has always been a "use it or lose it" kinda thing. Whenever I read fics where John says something about knowing pi to the 30th decimal or something I just shake my head. I was a math major who graduated with highest honors, and I couldn't do that. I could calculate it, but not have it memorized. I kinda doubt John could. Now, I would know there were 720 gate addresses like he did in Rising.

                        Think of how smart John and Elizabeth's kids would be!! Her language skills and his math skills. That child would rule the universe.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Ok even I don't want to talk about stuff like that! I haven't done any real math since I started my current job, and my brain has always been a "use it or lose it" kinda thing. Whenever I read fics where John says something about knowing pi to the 30th decimal or something I just shake my head. I was a math major who graduated with highest honors, and I couldn't do that. I could calculate it, but not have it memorized. I kinda doubt John could. Now, I would know there were 720 gate addresses like he did in Rising.

                          Think of how smart John and Elizabeth's kids would be!! Her language skills and his math skills. That child would rule the universe.
                          Yeah, that kind of stuff is a sure sign that it was written by a non-math person. Even I know that's silly. Anybody could memorize. That doesn't mean you're good at math. As a literature person, I was amused by the War and Peace book. That's the longest book most people can think of and is always used by writers. There are lots of books that John would have chosen before that one. Personally, I would have gone with Atlas Shrugged, but that may just be me.
                          sigpic

                          Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                          Comment


                            Wow, we have a (mostly) concrete schedule! Yays! *excitement*

                            As far as the PR goes, I can also whip up some kind of poster thing and announce it on deviantArt as well.

                            *stares at First Year word document nervously*
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Wow, we have a (mostly) concrete schedule! Yays! *excitement*

                              As far as the PR goes, I can also whip up some kind of poster thing and announce it on deviantArt as well.

                              *stares at First Year word document nervously*
                              Great idea. Remember that the big announcement is being made on the 16th. Thanks for reminding me that we need art now for the opening. Can someone do something with the flying city? And I was thinking maybe that last balcony scene in EatG with Kanaan and Torren added or something similar with the entire main cast of RTP. Anyone who does art can be asked. They don't have to be members of this thread.
                              sigpic

                              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Oh yeah, I forgot that. I'm thinking we publish ep 12 and then break through the holidays. I'm going to be in Florida for a week over Thanksgiving and then we'll have Christmas coming up and people will be scattered and/or have their attention taken with RL stuff. Then we can resume in Jan. Thoughts?
                                Sounds good to me.

                                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Ok even I don't want to talk about stuff like that! I haven't done any real math since I started my current job, and my brain has always been a "use it or lose it" kinda thing. Whenever I read fics where John says something about knowing pi to the 30th decimal or something I just shake my head. I was a math major who graduated with highest honors, and I couldn't do that. I could calculate it, but not have it memorized. I kinda doubt John could. Now, I would know there were 720 gate addresses like he did in Rising.

                                Think of how smart John and Elizabeth's kids would be!! Her language skills and his math skills. That child would rule the universe.
                                The beginning of the Sparky Dynasty. Gotta love it.

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Yeah, that kind of stuff is a sure sign that it was written by a non-math person. Even I know that's silly. Anybody could memorize. That doesn't mean you're good at math. As a literature person, I was amused by the War and Peace book. That's the longest book most people can think of and is always used by writers. There are lots of books that John would have chosen before that one. Personally, I would have gone with Atlas Shrugged, but that may just be me.
                                Oh, I'll vote for that one. Methinks Joe would appreciate it.

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Great idea. Remember that the big announcement is being made on the 16th. Thanks for reminding me that we need art now for the opening. Can someone do something with the flying city? And I was thinking maybe that last balcony scene in EatG with Kanaan and Torren added or something similar with the entire main cast of RTP. Anyone who does art can be asked. They don't have to be members of this thread.
                                I like that one. Gives the audience a good visual sense of who's involved with the story. That is to say, everyone.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X