Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    I bring you: Missing Moments Chapter 17: The Siege.
    Enjoy!

Spoiler:
    17: The Siege

(after the eps)

It had been a rollercoaster and it had left her with one big eyeopening conclusion: she loved John Sheppard. When he had appeared again after his suicide mission, she couldn't hold herself back and had hugged him... it had taken every fiber of her body to stop herself from kissing him in the middle of a very busy gateroom.

Now she was standing on the balcony, outside of the control room, looking over her city, barely believing they could go back to Earth and get back to Atlantis. She couldn't believe Atlantis and her people had survived this impossible situation.

When the door swooshed open, she knew who it was by the bounce in his step.

"Everything is ready and we'll be leaving in two hours."

"Thank you, Major."

He frowned. It had been months since she had called him by his title, besides jokingly, when it was just the two of them. Had he done something wrong?

"Euhm... yeah... no problem."

He noticed her posture was tense... what was wrong with her? For the first time in a long while, he was unable to read her.

"So..." He continued. "Can you believe we're going back to Earth?"

"Yes, it's great." She didn't sound exciting... she didn't make it sound like it was great.

"Elizabeth, what's wrong?"

"Look, Major...."

"And what's up with the rank all of a sudden?" He interrupted her, clearly irritated by her sudden change in posture towards him.

She sighed and turned to him. "I can't do this anymore."

He frowned. "Do what?"

"This..." She sighed again and flayed her hand between them. "Us..."

"Elizabeth..."

"When you were on that suicide mission and I thought you had died, it nearly killed me. I realized... I couldn't..." She sighed again, more out of frustration than anything else because it was only with him that she lost track of what she wanted to say. He was the only one who could render her speechless with one well-aimed puppy-look.

"Lizbeth..." John tried again, softer this time, but she raised her hand and that shut him up.

"We can't continue with this, John. We just can't..."

"And what's this, Elizabeth? Sharing a bed so we can both sleep? Sharing our problems and frustrations? We haven't gone beyond the point of friendship yet, so what's the problem?"

"See, John, you said it. We haven't gone beyond the point of friendship YET. But you know just as well as I do that we will go beyond that point much sooner than later and we can't afford that. Not now, not ever. Not with our positions and responsibilities and I still have Simon to think about, especially now that we're returning to Earth."

The sudden pain on his face was clearly visible, but he quickly hid it. She had seen it though and felt a twitch of guilt.

His face turned blank and he gave her a curt nod. "I'll see you in the gateroom in two hours."

She nodded, turned back to the ocean and heard him leave. Letting out a deep breath, she couldn't help but wonder if she had made the right decision, especially now that they had lost so many of their people and close friends and needed each others support.

OMG KRIS. You have nearly killed me ded with this. FIX THEM PLEEEAAAASEEEEEEE. *wails*
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

(after the eps)

It had been a rollercoaster and it had left her with one big eyeopening conclusion: she loved John Sheppard. When he had appeared again after his suicide mission, she couldn't hold herself back and had hugged him... it had taken every fiber of her body to stop herself from kissing him in the middle of a very busy gateroom.

Now she was standing on the balcony, outside of the control room, looking over her city, barely believing they could go back to Earth and get back to Atlantis. She couldn't believe Atlantis and her people had survived this impossible situation.

"Thank you, Major."

He frowned. It had been months since she had called him by his title, besides jokingly, when it was just the two of them. Had he done something wrong?

He noticed her posture was tense... what was wrong with her? For the first time in a long while, he was unable to read her.

"Yes, it's great." She didn't sound exciting... she didn't make it sound like it was great.

"Look, Major...."

"And what's up with the rank all of a sudden?" He interrupted her, clearly irritated by her sudden change in posture towards him.

He frowned. "Do what?"

"Elizabeth..."

"When you were on that suicide mission and I thought you had died, it nearly killed me. I realized... I couldn't..." She sighed again, more out of frustration than anything else because it was only with him that she lost track of what she wanted to say. He was the only one who could render her speechless with one well-aimed puppy-look.

"Lizbeth..." John tried again, softer this time, but she raised her hand and that shut him up.

"And what's this, Elizabeth? Sharing a bed so we can both sleep? Sharing our problems and frustrations? We haven't gone beyond the point of friendship yet, so what's the problem?"

"See, John, you said it. We haven't gone beyond the point of friendship YET. But you know just as well as I do that we will go beyond that point much sooner than later and we can't afford that. Not now, not ever. Not with our positions and responsibilities and I still have Simon to think about, especially now that we're returning to Earth."

The sudden pain on his face was clearly visible, but he quickly hid it. She had seen it though and felt a twitch of guilt.

His face turned blank and he gave her a curt nod. "I'll see you in the gateroom in two hours."

She nodded, turned back to the ocean and heard him leave. Letting out a deep breath, she couldn't help but wonder if she had made the right decision, especially now that they had lost so many of their people and close friends and needed each others support.

Oh wow, I love the little setback. Because they were coming to a point of no return. Now it will be interesting to see where this goes.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

(after the eps)

"Thank you, Major."

"Look, Major...."

He frowned. "Do what?"

"Elizabeth..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! *weeps*

Kris, that was like a punch to the gut! So painful to watch Lizzeh pull back and then John pull back. WAAAAHHHHH!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Watching 'The Pegasus Project' and this broke my heart:

Liz: Still, there are entire sections of the city and whole systems we don't even pretend to understand.
          Daniel: You could spend a lifetime trying.
          Liz: I hope to.

We were all hoping that!!! *cries*

Sig by me

Comment

I was just wondering - does anybody know how the SGA novels are for John/Elizabeth interaction? Any worth a read?

Comment

So I suppose most people on here are aware of "Sparky Season 6," but I really hadn't been until now. (Kinda let Stargate fade out of my life for a while, but have had a recent resurgence of interest for some reason.) Just read through all their episode plans and WOW, I am impressed. I wish it could be taken up and filmed for real. I really like that it is all being handled in true stargate episode fashioned. Things are dealt with slowly and realistically and it looks like John/Elizabeth ship will be slowly and subtly moved into. I really like that; explicitness is never what I wanted from relationships, just building of the emotional connection, and admitting that it was there. SO, just saying, I am all for this Sparky Season 6; bookmarked it so I don't forget; anyone know when to expect episodes to be available for reading? I didn't like season 4 & 5 much but I'm almost inspired to watch them again while I wait so I remember important things. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
                So I suppose most people on here are aware of "Sparky Season 6," but I really hadn't been until now. (Kinda let Stargate fade out of my life for a while, but have had a recent resurgence of interest for some reason.) Just read through all their episode plans and WOW, I am impressed. I wish it could be taken up and filmed for real. I really like that it is all being handled in true stargate episode fashioned. Things are dealt with slowly and realistically and it looks like John/Elizabeth ship will be slowly and subtly moved into. I really like that; explicitness is never what I wanted from relationships, just building of the emotional connection, and admitting that it was there. SO, just saying, I am all for this Sparky Season 6; bookmarked it so I don't forget; anyone know when to expect episodes to be available for reading? I didn't like season 4 & 5 much but I'm almost inspired to watch them again while I wait so I remember important things. We'll see.
                Yeah it does sound great. It's one of the reasons I first started posting here. I really liked everyones ideas for the virtual series and how the all characters were going to be handled as opposed to some other works. And from the previous works I've read from the series' writers on here I can say that I think they are really good writers; and the website for the series already looks great. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.
                sigpic

Comment

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

(after the eps)

"Thank you, Major."

"Look, Major...."

He frowned. "Do what?"

"Elizabeth..."

Bows to the awesomeness that is KR. You are pure evil. Going to twist the dagger anymore before things get better?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I was just wondering - does anybody know how the SGA novels are for John/Elizabeth interaction? Any worth a read?
                    I just saw this. There was nothing shippy in any of them, but Casualties of War had some good interaction between them, and Elizabeth got to go offworld.
                    Mirror Mirror was pretty good but it kinda had a timeline/time traveling thing going on so some people didn't like it and thought it was confusing. I liked it and I really liked the author's writing style; I just had a minor problem with that book. I thought that J/E had nice scenes though from what I remember.
                    I think there may have been 1 or 2 good J/E scenes in Reliquary; but that was mostly a John/Rodney book. I really liked it though. Martha Wells is a really good author and the characters were true to what was on-screen; at least for me it felt that way. I liked her other SGA books as well.
                    None of the others really stand out. All of them are pretty much very gen and team oriented.
                    sigpic

Comment

KR your last "missing moments" was good! I wonder what will happen when you write the Intruder one

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      I just saw this. There was nothing shippy in any of them, but Casualties of War had some good interaction between them, and Elizabeth got to go offworld.
                      I wonder if SGA Books are available as ebooks, I will probably purchase Kindle3 (if reviews are good) in September and I'd like to purchase some Star Trek and Stargate ebooks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                        KR your last "missing moments" was good! I wonder what will happen when you write the Intruder one

I wonder if SGA Books are available as ebooks, I will probably purchase Kindle3 (if reviews are good) in September and I'd like to purchase some Star Trek and Stargate ebooks as well.
                        I'm pretty sure some of them are available in ebook format.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          I'm pretty sure some of them are available in ebook format.
                          I just checked Amazon, some SGA Books are available in Kindle format, but pricing is not shown yet.
                          I'll wait

Comment

Yes, we are very well are of it as the idea for it came from this thread
                            I'm glad you like the idea and what we're planning with it.
                            We have moved on from the title 'Sparky season 6' to 'Atlantis Rising' because we want to keep it open to everyone, not only sparkies.
                            You can check out our official website: www.sgarising.com
                            There you can stay up to date with what we're writing and when we're publishing through the blog.
                            And if you have twitter, you can sign up to our account to get updates: https://twitter.com/SGA_Rising

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              OMG KRIS. You have nearly killed me ded with this. FIX THEM PLEEEAAAASEEEEEEE. *wails*
                              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Oh wow, I love the little setback. Because they were coming to a point of no return. Now it will be interesting to see where this goes.
                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! *weeps*

Kris, that was like a punch to the gut! So painful to watch Lizzeh pull back and then John pull back. WAAAAHHHHH!
                              Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Bows to the awesomeness that is KR. You are pure evil. Going to twist the dagger anymore before things get better?
                              Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                              Wow, seems you guys like drama and angst
                              Will have to incorporate that some more
                              Actually... better not! There's still some major drama and angst coming up! But when and how... you'll just have to see
                              But hey, if you know me and my stories, you know how it'll all end
                              That ending is still very far away though

And after watching Pegasus Project yesterday, I want to incorporate that into Missing Moments too.
                              Can anyone tell me in between what SGA episodes it's supposed to be set? Thx!!

Sig by me

Comment

Watching 'The Pegasus Project' and this broke my heart:

Liz: Still, there are entire sections of the city and whole systems we don't even pretend to understand.
                                Daniel: You could spend a lifetime trying.
                                Liz: I hope to.

We were all hoping that!!! *cries*
                                You know what's really funny? I just watched that episode the other day and was about to comment on exactly that. I finds it's a really good episode for a variety of reasons, but that line stuck out when I didn't notice it before. There are actually several moments like that in the franchise. You don't really notice beforehand. Personally I never really realized how big of an impact Elizabeth had on the show until she was gone. In a manner of speaking, It's sort of like thinking about one of your limbs. It just isn't something that you think aobut unless you specifically stop and think about it.

I kinda wish we'd seen more SG-1/SGA crossovers, especially with the old team. Especially since SG-1 were supposed to know her quite well after because she took over command of the SGC following Hammond.

Sam dosn't count. She was just twisted into a role that didn't suit her. So I never felt like we were seeing an acutal crossover. Although, I thought Daniel actually did a good job fitting in during his episodes though - more so than expected really.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X