Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yeah, a few of us have known about it for a while. Eh, it's okay, I suppose, but I think our plans for Atlantis Rising are certainly more ambitious in scale. Bring on that epic cast of thousands!

Indeed. Always good to have options.
    I think ours is - well not to say better, but yeah, definitely more ambitious because we're not writing a blatantly shippy season. We're actually trying to continue where the show left off and keep it in the same spirit as the show was.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

It's only 1:30pm and people are already setting off firecrackers.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I need to get out more...

And yes - I foresee EPIC Atlantis Rising.
      Heh, yeah, I'm with SR... stay here where it's safe.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Nah, the rest of the fandom can be a scary place...with lots of monsters that want to kill you. But it's nice that other shipper groups have options. Is anyone else doing an SS6 that anyone knows of?
      Good question!

I saw someone doing something virtually season 6-like on the Scifi-forum. But didn't venture in though.

And yes, the fandom can be scary at times, and concerning my encounters with the other ship aren't exactly of the positive kind... well, you can imagine I'm not too inclined to venture into their territory much.
      It's okay, we love you! *hugs*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I think ours is - well not to say better, but yeah, definitely more ambitious because we're not writing a blatantly shippy season. We're actually trying to continue where the show left off and keep it in the same spirit as the show was.
      Yup. Any ship that develops in our season(s) will simply develop as a naturally and logically occurring extension of our canonist plans. It's the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. And we've got one very big and tasty cake.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Kanaan & Teyla finally get the sort of relationship they deserve.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I saw someone doing something virtually season 6-like on the Scifi-forum. But didn't venture in though.

And yes, the fandom can be scary at times, and concerning my encounters with the other ship aren't exactly of the positive kind... well, you can imagine I'm not too inclined to venture into their territory much.
          Sorry to hear that. I know how much you love Teyla. It's hard to understand the intolerance sometimes.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          That's the one idea I want to get out there in fandom. We are not writing a shippy season. I doubt I'd believe another ship that said that either. LOL And the fact that we're bringing Elizabeth back makes everyone think we're going to be hooking them up in the second ep. But I guess they'll just have to read our season to believe us. LOL

Same here and have been for several days. Tonight should be fun. We're not going out this year because when the 4th is on a weekend there are literally a million people out and about here.

So true and we're not changing canon to suit our purposes.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You betcha!

Sorry to hear that. I know how much you love Teyla. It's hard to understand the intolerance sometimes.
            Indeed. It's disturbing to see how the things that should be uniting us are instead dividing us.

That's the one idea I want to get out there in fandom. We are not writing a shippy season. I doubt I'd believe another ship that said that either. LOL And the fact that we're bringing Elizabeth back makes everyone think we're going to be hooking them up in the second ep. But I guess they'll just have to read our season to believe us. LOL
            Heh! True, I think I'd doubt it if another ship said that to me too. But I'd hope that they'd at least take a look at our plans... the fact that we're not even bringing Elizabeth back until halfway through the season should tell any doubters that this won't be just another 'wham bam thank you ma'am' kind of fic.

Same here and have been for several days. Tonight should be fun. We're not going out this year because when the 4th is on a weekend there are literally a million people out and about here.
            Oh, tell me about it. We've hunkered down here for the weekend as well... being as close as we are to the parade route, even the parking lots at the supermarkets are full up.

So true and we're not changing canon to suit our purposes.
            Yup. We've simply figured out how canon works in our favor and we're running with it. Go us!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Nah, the rest of the fandom can be a scary place...with lots of monsters that want to kill you.
              *snerk*

Is anyone else doing an SS6 that anyone knows of?
              There's this one - Beyond Atlantis Virtual Season 6

I think it's.....gennnish?? I haven't followed it to be honest - the only thing I really know about it is that they took rather prompt action to break up Rodney and Jennifer. In fact I think they actually wrote Keller out, but I won't swear to that.

I thought there was another one, but the virtualatlantis lj comm has been deleted. It could have been the same group though.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                *snerk*

I think it's.....gennnish?? I haven't followed it to be honest - the only thing I really know about it is that they took rather prompt action to break up Rodney and Jennifer. In fact I think they actually wrote Keller out, but I won't swear to that.

I thought there was another one, but the virtualatlantis lj comm has been deleted. It could have been the same group though.
                Hmm, I think I've seen that one as well, though I also didn't investigate too deeply. Broke up a canon couple in the first episode, eh? Sounds pretty familiar... At least we won't be making that mistake.

Comment

See, there's a reason I love this thread so much... *snugglesquishes the Sparkies*

An image from season 4 that could serve as a promo-image for a season 6 episode:

Spoiler:
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

See, there's a reason I love this thread so much... *snugglesquishes the Sparkies*
                    *snugglesquishes you right back*

An image from season 4 that could serve as a promo-image for a season 6 episode:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...O-410-0001.jpg
                    Ah, I love that shot! They look just so SUBLIME right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      *snerk*

Oh, I think I've seen that one also. It's the one with very good graphics. I may read a few to check it out.

*snugglesquishes you right back*

Ah, I love that shot! They look just so SUBLIME right there!
                      Did someone say sublime?

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I think I've seen that one also. It's the one with very good graphics. I may read a few to check it out.
                        The idea of adding graphics to the stories themselves is definitely intriguing. We may want to look into that for Atlantis Rising, when the time comes.

Did someone say sublime?
                        Why yes, yes I did.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator36e48c53a48ffb356a21b6a0b5.jpg
                        That's the one!

Comment

The idea of adding graphics to the stories themselves is definitely intriguing. We may want to look into that for Atlantis Rising, when the time comes.

Why yes, yes I did.

That's the one!
                          I did a quick browse of that last fic site. The graphics are great and very much like what I'd like for ours. It looks like they stick pretty closely to canon and do mostly team action oriented fics. John seems to get whumped within an inch of his life in almost every one. They do break up McKeller right away but it's hardly noticeable and works well. I love the way they develop Teyla/Kanaan. They make them a real couple and him a real character. Ronon/Amelia gets a bit of attention and unless I missed something, John is pretty much still alone. They don't spend a lot of time on background or exposition and the stories are well written with each one sounding like it would make a good episode though I didn't pick up on a long arc. But, like I said, I just browsed quickly. This community will please the gen fans I'm sure.
                          sigpic

Comment

I did a quick browse of that last fic site. The graphics are great and very much like what I'd like for ours. It looks like they stick pretty closely to canon and do mostly team action oriented fics. John seems to get whumped within an inch of his life in almost every one. They do break up McKeller right away but it's hardly noticeable and works well. I love the way they develop Teyla/Kanaan. They make them a real couple and him a real character. Ronon/Amelia gets a bit of attention and unless I missed something, John is pretty much still alone. They don't spend a lot of time on background or exposition and the stories are well written with each one sounding like it would make a good episode though I didn't pick up on a long arc. But, like I said, I just browsed quickly. This community will please the gen fans I'm sure.
                            Hmm, sounds like they've got some good stuff going on with their stories. I may have to give them a closer look.

Especially for that Shep!whump.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              I saw the first episode but I stopped after it even if the idea is good.
                              You want to see an excellent tv show? Watch Dexter. Yes I do my propaganda again.lol
                              I watched the first season and enjoyed it, but I saw the less gory version they ran on CBS during the strike season. You want to know my problem with it now?
                              Spoiler:
                              The fact that Dexter and his sister on the show got married in real life! LOL I know, I'm weird, but that's what I think about when they're on screen together.

Nah, the rest of the fandom can be a scary place...with lots of monsters that want to kill you. But it's nice that other shipper groups have options. Is anyone else doing an SS6 that anyone knows of?
                              Isn't there something here on GW? I think it might be some kind of role playing thing though, not actual episodes. Not sure.

Just after midnight now and I think my neighbors finally ran out of their illegal but entertaining fireworks.

Hmm, I think I've seen that one as well, though I also didn't investigate too deeply. Broke up a canon couple in the first episode, eh? Sounds pretty familiar... At least we won't be making that mistake.
                              But hey, if it's well-written we should love it despite the destruction of canon. Sorry, that's a rant more suitable for my LJ.

Speaking of when the time comes, here's another idea to bat around. Maybe it's been discussed; if so, apologies. I was wondering if we could do episode previews in 30 second vid format. We could plop the previews at the end of each story.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

es I know, it's been a year. *looks warily at others* So I've missed out on all the news, but just seen that Stargate Extinction has the green light? Details, details, details! I actually didn't think they were going to come through...and of course will never get any Elizabeth (Yes I know it's been ages, but that will always be a sore spot in my Stargate world)

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X