No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! You guys have been having a Sparky party!

If I'm too lazy still trying to catch up after spending 20+ hours doing baseball games this week, can you give me the highlights?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      God I live the "she is too old for him" criteria. Can't you come up with something better? Ah, no, you can't. (general 'you', lol).

Here, a smut!fic, should you care for something steamy? ... and turn into water, post Siege, rated M. Enjoy!

No need to do your review this year, Richard. Apparently I'm being fired, I don't look hot enough
      :woolsey: Puhleeease. What idiot told you that?

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Wow! You guys have been having a Sparky party!

If I'm too lazy still trying to catch up after spending 20+ hours doing baseball games this week, can you give me the highlights?
      Atlantis came home (the real one), SK was our eye on the sky for that.

Joe said to someone at the UK con that the stupid PTW fired Torri for not looking sexy enough. He then went on to say that he thinks she's hot, and looks sexier in person (he allegedly said that, and I'm paraphrasing).

We had a discussion on John's depression, or lack of it. And how if people think that he has it, then surely Carter would be at a greater risk of having situational depression than him.

SR cooked a stroganoff for Mr SR, then they went to a vineyard.

That's just off the top of my head, there's plenty more

Edited to add:

And apparently the Athosians are polyamorous nomads. And John likes Teyla to do things with him that I can't say on GW. But it involves tools. No they are not building a house This is all according to the author of the new novel, hence what started the depression discussion
      Last edited by gateraid; 29 May 2010, 06:29 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        [ATTACH]26070[/ATTACH]
        No need to do your review this year, Richard. Apparently I'm being fired, I don't look hot enough

Atlantis came home (the real one), SK was our eye on the sky for that.

Joe said to someone at the UK con that the stupid PTW fired Torri for not looking sexy enough. He then went on to say that he thinks she's hot, and looks sexier in person (he allegedly said that, and I'm paraphrasing).

We had a discussion on John's depression, or lack of it. And how if people think that he has it, then surely Carter would be at a greater risk of having situational depression than him.

SR cooked a stroganoff for Mr SR, then they went to a vineyard.

That's just off the top of my head, there's plenty more

Edited to add:

And apparently the Athosians are polyamorous nomads. And John likes Teyla to do things with him that I can't say on GW. But it involves tools. No they are not building a house This is all according to the author of the new novel, hence what started the depression discussion
        *LOL* That was perfect and I think all I needed! Though I will add a SQUEE MAJORUS for Joe and his total awesomeness!

Polyamorous what??? Since when does a race of people who have only moved twice in their lives been considered nomads? And polyamorous? Where the heck did that come from? Seriously screwed up, some people... =\
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*LOL* That was perfect and I think all I needed! Though I will add a SQUEE MAJORUS for Joe and his total awesomeness!
          Yep, the man is pretty cool. If he'd just come out now and said that, I might've thought it was simply him having a gripe with TPTW, but he's been pretty supportive of Torri all the way through. Cool in my book.

Polyamorous what??? Since when does a race of people who have only moved twice in their lives been considered nomads? And polyamorous? Where the heck did that come from? Seriously screwed up, some people... =\
          And their moving was a direct result of Earth's interference. They never did explain what happened to that city in Rising (was it another Atlantis??).

Maybe the novel wont be that bad, it'd have to be toned down considerably from what is in the author's fanfiction *shrugs*
          sigpic

Comment

After a long day of running around and slipping on a flight of stairs and hurting my toe (I swear, today must be clutz day for me), I'm baaaack!

I has more eyesmex!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...x02_2297-1.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...x02_2239-1.jpg[/SPOILERS]

If we ignore the context, they look incredibly cute. In my fanon this is a moment when Carson or Keller walks into the room to tell them certain big news.
            I'm with the others; they're totally having a baby.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            No words needed. Sheppard is sooooooooooooooooo ...

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3392/capturedw.jpg
            Horny? Or maybe it's Elizabeth who's horny because she's pregnant? Hormones, you know.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Sparky Rules!!!
            It was proven yet again, today.
            We had a meeting with our Star Trek fanclub today and one of my friends there is a Sheyla. I don't know if any of you remember, but last year, I talked about this discussion I had with her about Sparky vs. Sheyla and she's the one who said that Liz looked too old to fit with John and that Sheyla should happen because it was a hot couple.
            Anyway... I showed her this picture:

And asked her: Have you ever known John and Teyla to look at each other like this?
            She gave me a glare, hung her head and admitted: No.
            I did a mental silly little happy dance, because once again it is proven that:
            Spoiler:
            SPARKY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! See that? Sparky eyesex of mutual pleasure!

God I live the "she is too old for him" criteria. Can't you come up with something better? Ah, no, you can't. (general 'you', lol).

Here, a smut!fic, should you care for something steamy? ... and turn into water, post Siege, rated M. Enjoy!
            Hot damn! Too old, my skinny butt! She was certainly hot in that shower!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Well, since Joe said that women get better with age, I guess that's the end of that old argument. LOL
            Couldn't have said that better myself.

[ATTACH]26070[/ATTACH]
            See, even Woolsey thinks she's hot!

And their moving was a direct result of Earth's interference. They never did explain what happened to that city in Rising (was it another Atlantis??).
            I think the ruins on Athos were just a regular built-on-the-ground city. As I understand it, it was the Wraith who destroyed the city the first time thousands of years ago, and I think it was implied that they finished the job when they came back to 'retaliate' for the Keeper being killed and all.

Maybe the novel wont be that bad, it'd have to be toned down considerably from what is in the author's fanfiction *shrugs*
            I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              After a long day of running around and slipping on a flight of stairs and hurting my toe (I swear, today must be clutz day for me), I'm baaaack!
              How did you manage that? My sister has fallen down the stairs at least three times (at different workplaces) that I'm aware of, once when she was walking up the stairs. Hope your toe is okay

I'm with the others; they're totally having a baby.
              The timing is about right, a couple of months after either/ayether way

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! See that? Sparky eyesex of mutual pleasure!
              Even when its uncalled for. And unscripted.

Couldn't have said that better myself.
              Like a fine wine. Or a good bourbon.

See, even Woolsey thinks she's hot!
              Woolsey, Jack, John, Mike, Simon.....

I think the ruins on Athos were just a regular built-on-the-ground city. As I understand it, it was the Wraith who destroyed the city the first time thousands of years ago, and I think it was implied that they finished the job when they came back to 'retaliate' for the Keeper being killed and all.
              It's been a while since I've seen it. They must've been there a good while if there were those drawings. Although you'd wonder how often the Wraith actually culled, given that Teyla only 'believed' it was periodically. Fifty years or so? So the Athosians must've been a bit more technologically advanced to have built a 'city'. Maybe not on the level of the Hoffans, but more than what they were.

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
              Perhaps we could convince her to?
              sigpic

Comment

I'm stealing your pics Anuna

Spoiler:

Wait, what was that bit about a Wraith attack? Something caught my eye for a bit

There are two perfectly good chairs over there
                I know. But I much prefer to sit on your desk. Those chairs are too far away from you
                sigpic

Comment

@gateraid - just steal away! Hey I wonder why he's so fascinated with her and insisting to sit so close. (maybe he's looking for signs of aging, lol?)

Bottom line, you don't look like that at someone whom you don't find hot.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

@gateraid - just steal away! Hey I wonder why he's so fascinated with her and insisting to sit so close. (maybe he's looking for signs of aging, lol?)

Bottom line, you don't look like that at someone whom you don't find hot.
                    I could be objective (or open up a packet of killjoy) and say its because it's easier for the cameraman to get the two-shot when he's sitting on the desk as opposed to being further away. But that would imply they've had the discussion and been told to invade each other's personal space by TPTW.

That leaves the only logical conclusion, Joe thinks Shep is crushing on Weir. What?
                    sigpic

Comment

I could be objective (or open up a packet of killjoy) and say its because it's easier for the cameraman to get the two-shot when he's sitting on the desk as opposed to being further away. But that would imply they've had the discussion and been told to invade each other's personal space by TPTW.

That leaves the only logical conclusion, Joe thinks Shep is crushing on Weir. What?
                      BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Logical, see? Because if your killjoy argument is valid, then John should be sitting on Rodney's desk. Carson's desk. Teyla's, ahem, bed? But he doesn't. So i call it a win

Comment

Joe is AWESOME like that and I'm SO GLAD he made the comment about age because too many "fans" in this forum have called Torri "looking too old" to play John's love interest. That is the wankiest kind of wank, IMO. She is a great looking wman and an amazing actress and I think it's pretty clear PTB just couldn't fill her shoes after they stupidely offed her.

Ditto on the nomads. Unless they were aimlessly wantering the tribe looking for love in all the wrong places.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies

On the polyamorous nomads (my gosh, I even know how to write it now): it's weird that when they're polyamorous, Haling only has one son an Teyla doesn't have a whole bunch of kids running around when the SGA team runs into them. Because, well, nomads with such low living standards and low technology wouldn't know a way to have "save" sex, would they?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Good morning Sparkies

On the polyamorous nomads (my gosh, I even know how to write it now): it's weird that when they're polyamorous, Haling only has one son an Teyla doesn't have a whole bunch of kids running around when the SGA team runs into them. Because, well, nomads with such low living standards and low technology wouldn't know a way to have "save" sex, would they?
                            Shhhh. Someone might call you ignorant or even racist for saying something like that. One must not offend polyamorous nomads because they know how to live their lifes without silly culturological restraints we Earthlings suffer from.

On a serious note, here's one thing that always bugged me. Just how advanced ARE Athosians? I haven't seen eps in a while (I'm planning a rewatch) but from what I remember they live in tents, grow plants and hunt for food. I don't remember seeing technology of any sort in their settlemnts, minus that wraith pendant Teyla thought was jewlery. Could it be said then that they can't tell a piece of technology from a non - technological object? Especially if their, ahem, leader, can't tell the difference?

Also, it wasn't explained who built that ruined city on Athos. Athosians? If they did at some point of time, then why were they living in tents? Also, is there just one tribe of Athosians in whole Pegasus? And how many are there? I didn't get the impression there were many of them, which probably caused some problems of practical nature when it came to marriages and procreation. Which kind of blows away the polyamorous nomads thing, because if you don't keep it staright with whom you slept and whose baby you had and who is your close relative you could end up with serious genetic problems. Just sayin'. I doubt they would practice the polyamorous mentality then.

Marrying among other Pegasus nationalities seems reasonable, but I have a feeling the Athosians are pretty strict when it coms to not abandoning your original group. Remeber how Teyla is all about mypeoplemypeopleMYFREAKINPEOPLE. Which possibly means whoever married a Athosian also becomes an Athosian (which is another reason why I just don't see John with Teyla. He picked a side at the very beginning, in 'Suspicion' andit wasn't Athosan side. I higly doubt he would become one. Hey, don't glare at me. It's canon. )

On safe sex, I wouldn't say they don't know how to protect themselves from unwated pregnancies. Many old cultures from Earth had a very good idea about preventing pregnancies. Do you know that Ancient Egyptians used condoms? Granted, those weren't as efficient as modern ones, but I wouldn't assume that Athosians are completely unaware of how procreation works. Not advnaced doesn't equate to being completely ignorant. (that still doesn't prove they're polyamorous nomads, lol).

Also, if Athosians (obviously) don't use technology, how much of a treat are they to Wraith? "My people are strong and proud" and they're fierce warriors yadda yadda yadda is all nice, but you can't really go to fight with couple of sticks against space vampyres with stunners. Just few things that bother me when Athosians are in question.

IMO, they are not technologically advanced and rely on farming, hunting and hiding strategies when Wraith hunt them down. I doubt they actuall fight against wraith. They are obviously traders, and trading for information probably helps them stay safe and hidden/avoid the Wraight (which is simply my assumption, because it wasn't mentioned in canon, but tell me - how logical it is for a relatively small group of people to stay on the sameplanet, relatively unprotected and not move when they learn the Wraith are about to strike? Then again, if the Wraith attacks happened once in fifty years....).
                            I assume Athosians have useful connections, specially for trading for crops and other kinds of food, but on large scale of things? I doubt they're big players in Pegasus.
                            Last edited by Anuna; 30 May 2010, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Celebration Day! *cough* I just had breakfast and put it immediately away into the dishwasher and now the kitchen is tidy and clean again. Wohoooo!

Back to on topic. I don't think Torri looks old in general. I think she does in the pilot and at the beginning of S1, because she is way to thin there. She doesn't look at pretty as she does some time later, either.
                              It's just because of that first impression and the fact that usually women are cast younger than the age of their role that people claim that crap. Look at Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson. In Sense and Sensibility they play a couple and people complained that she was way too old for him, when they are really the same age, give or take 2 years.
                              It totally annoys me, but I don't think I'll suffer from this kind of ageism any time soon, as I still look like 15 at the age of 25... *sigh*
                              Last edited by Fionnait; 30 May 2010, 01:06 AM. Reason: Still confused in the morning...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

The only piece of real technology that I remember them using was the cool lighter in 'Hide and Seek'.
                                And I think they got them through trading, because I can't see them assembling that themselves.

They are good fighters, but I think they mainly use those skills to protect themselves when they're attacked (either by Wraith or off-world). I don't think they'd actually hunt them down like Ronon did.

We've had ways against unwanted pregnancies for almost as long as people figured out how kids were made. Some (condoms) better than others (eating mule droppings). So I'm sure the Athosians figured out something too.

They are a proud people who'd prolly do anything to protect themselves and their culture. It's a shame tptb/tptw never went deeper into them... but what else are we used from them?

I think there's a longer period between the larger cullings than 50 years. The small ones happen regularly, because the guardians need food. John woke them up about 50 years too soon, but I'm not sure if it's ever been said how long it takes between the large planet- and culture killing cullings.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X