Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    At the moment, I'm practicing my mad Photoshop skillz by working on an Atlantis blueprint based on that 'explore the city and watch behind-the-scenes videos' widget nephtys found for us last week. Looking pretty good so far...
    Let the mad skillz fly!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Let the mad skillz fly!
      The blueprint is done! At least, the unlabeled version is.

Now to compile the location lists and add those to the blueprint!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

With July 4th coming up what do u think Sheppard would do this year?

Comment

The blueprint is done! At least, the unlabeled version is.

Now to compile the location lists and add those to the blueprint!
          Yay. Can't wait to see it.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          With July 4th coming up what do u think Sheppard would do this year?
          Hopefully, grab a jumper and go get Elizabeth. Then they can have fireworks when they get back.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey guys! *waves* I'm alive! Just a little busy right now! But I should have a fic very very soon.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Update on the Atlantis blueprint: Location list is more or less done; I'm gonna be working on fact checking today to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Hopefully, grab a jumper and go get Elizabeth. Then they can have fireworks when they get back.
              Fireworks, a welcome back party with lots of champagne, John and Elizabeth sneak out to the balcony for a kiss or two, then when the party is in real full swing, they sneak off somewhere a little more private... but we'll save that part for Smut Day tomorrow.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Hey guys! *waves* I'm alive! Just a little busy right now! But I should have a fic very very soon.
                Yay! The world can never have enough 'Nuna fic!

Comment

I was wondering guys - can you point me toward the piece of conversation between Teyla and Lorne, in SOW (? I think) where she says or implies that Torren is her first child?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I was wondering guys - can you point me toward the piece of conversation between Teyla and Lorne, in SOW (? I think) where she says or implies that Torren is her first child?
                    GateWorld's got their own transcript here... the scene you want is a little more than halfway down the page, just after Todd gets rescued from his cell by Team Shep.

Here's the scene again (the bolded section is the really important part):

Spoiler:
                    HIVE SHIP. Teyla is sitting on a bench near the Bridge's control console. Lorne walks in.

LORNE: Hey. Any word yet?

TEYLA: No. They've not been in contact.

LORNE: Well, guess there's not much to do but wait, huh?

TEYLA: Mmm.

(Lorne sits down next to her.)

LORNE: Listen, I never got a chance to congratulate you. It's really great. I didn't even know you were dating anyone.

(They smile at each other.)

LORNE: My sister has a couple of kids. Two boys: five and seven. I miss being around them.

TEYLA: I'm not really sure what to expect.

LORNE: Nobody ever is – at least not with the first one. But you get through it.

(Teyla nods.)

LORNE: Ah, you're gonna make a great mom.

(She looks at him gratefully.)

TEYLA: Thank you. I wish I could be so sure.

Comment

GateWorld's got their own transcript here... the scene you want is a little more than halfway down the page, just after Todd gets rescued from his cell by Team Shep.

Here's the scene again (the bolded section is the really important part):

Spoiler:
                      HIVE SHIP. Teyla is sitting on a bench near the Bridge's control console. Lorne walks in.

LORNE: Hey. Any word yet?

TEYLA: No. They've not been in contact.

LORNE: Well, guess there's not much to do but wait, huh?

TEYLA: Mmm.

(Lorne sits down next to her.)

LORNE: Listen, I never got a chance to congratulate you. It's really great. I didn't even know you were dating anyone.

(They smile at each other.)

LORNE: My sister has a couple of kids. Two boys: five and seven. I miss being around them.

TEYLA: I'm not really sure what to expect.

LORNE: Nobody ever is – at least not with the first one. But you get through it.

(Teyla nods.)

LORNE: Ah, you're gonna make a great mom.

(She looks at him gratefully.)

TEYLA: Thank you. I wish I could be so sure.
                      That seems pretty definitive. I don't know how you could spin that into her having kids before. Especially that last line. Actually it sounds like she hasn't even been around many kids before. I thought the Athosians were a "it takes a village" people. Hmm? Maybe the leader didn't take part in the child raising. And she's concerned about having a child away from her people, not that it's her first time. Yeah, that's it.
                      sigpic

Comment

That seems pretty definitive. I don't know how you could spin that into her having kids before. Especially that last line. Actually it sounds like she hasn't even been around many kids before. I thought the Athosians were a "it takes a village" people. Hmm? Maybe the leader didn't take part in the child raising. And she's concerned about having a child away from her people, not that it's her first time. Yeah, that's it.
                        *snerks*

But yeah, it does sound pretty cut and dry to me. Teyla's never had a child of her own before, never raised a child, she doesn't really know what to do, except perhaps in theory. It's canon, and canon is canon.

Comment

*snerks*

But yeah, it does sound pretty cut and dry to me. Teyla's never had a child of her own before, never raised a child, she doesn't really know what to do, except perhaps in theory. It's canon, and canon is canon.
                          Dammit.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dammit.
                            I second that.

Comment

Dammit.
                              Fight on!

Comment

Fight on!
                                FFS. Damnit.

Comment

Working...
                                X