No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, can I borrow Ronon for a couple of hours? My SIL deserves a Kavanaugh treatment. /rant over
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I hate what GitM did to Weir (except for the part with her killing Koracen to save John), but damn, I LOVED what it showed us in John's feelings about Elizabeth.
      I have to agree with you. As much as I hate that episode, it was a great opportunity to show everybody how John feels about Elizabeth! *sigh*

Comment

Talking about "parallel scenes", I put a video together with 5 key-scenes of Archer/T'Pol and Sheppard/Weir:

-The Gift
        -Carrying The Lady
        -Bedside Manner
        -Suicide Mission
        -The Hug

Link: Parallelisms

I think that this parallelism was what made me like Sheppard and Weir so much. In them I found the same kind of friendship, trust, respect and affection that made me an Archer and T'Pol fan.
        Enterprise had unfortunately bad writing and character killing that drove Star Trek fans mad. Atlantis certainly had more than that, but failed because of bad choices made by TPTB.

In the end, I didn't have my happy endings, but I enjoyed what I was given and I'm still enjoying it, thanks to your wonderful idea of creating a Sparky Season 6.
        Thanks to you all for that, hope that I can contribute with further ideas!

Comment

GitM is so much mindfrak. I love it and I hate it with equal passion and that makes it difficult to watch. john/Joe saved the episode, and he was SO good in it, and it's the only reason why I can't dismiss it. Everything we ever talked about - regarding John's feelings toward Elizabeth - is there. And yet if Fran!Liz is Elizabeth, then how could she do what she did?! The writing of Elizabeth is a classic example of twisting a character to fit into a plothole. If it isn't elizabeth we, along with John ahve been cheated again.

I can't decide who suffered crueler fate - FRAN!Liz or John. She is dumped through the space gate and forgotten while John's heart was ripped out of him AGAIN. Geez, it's really hard to pick what is worst. It all comes down to a fact that, obviously, a part of John believed it was her, or at least HOPED so, and wished to finally save her and that opportunity was stolen from him AGAIN.

Did I mention I am in a really bad mood this evening? *kicks PTW*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Guys, can I borrow Ronon for a couple of hours? My SIL deserves a Kavanaugh treatment. /rant over
            You may have him for the rest of the day and his sword too. Plus the gun.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            Talking about "parallel scenes", I put a video together with 5 key-scenes of Archer/T'Pol and Sheppard/Weir:

-The Gift
            -Carrying The Lady
            -Bedside Manner
            -Suicide Mission
            -The Hug

Link: Parallelisms

I think that this parallelism was what made me like Sheppard and Weir so much. In them I found the same kind of friendship, trust, respect and affection that made me an Archer and T'Pol fan.
            Enterprise had unfortunately bad writing and character killing that drove Star Trek fans mad. Atlantis certainly had more than that, but failed because of bad choices made by TPTB.

In the end, I didn't have my happy endings, but I enjoyed what I was given and I'm still enjoying it, thanks to your wonderful idea of creating a Sparky Season 6.
            Thanks to you all for that, hope that I can contribute with further ideas!
            I do believe that is the first scholarly video I have ever seen. The parallelism is amazing. TPTB of both shows should have to watch it at least once a day.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday, and Happy Valentine's Day!

I think that is the intention.

I'm not convinced FRANibeth was the real Weir, either.

As for Mallozzi's idea regarding Weir, here's the interview I think you're thinking of; the relevant portion is halfway down the linked page, but I'll repost the quote here:

Spoiler:
              What were your plans for Replicator Weir, had you been able to get Torri Higginson back for this season?

When we were first tossing it around, we wanted to open the door to having Weir be the leader of this "rebel group" of replicators. At the end of the episode they're jettisoned into space, and that's how we pretty much ended that story ["Be All My Sins Remember'd," 4x11]. At the least we wanted to leave the door open and potentially have them out there.

And one argument we had in the room was, this is the Replicator Weir, but what happened to the real Weir? In "This Mortal Coil" [4x10], the Replicator Weir tells Sheppard that her body was destroyed by Oberoth [following the events in "Lifeline," 4x02]. But you wonder -- was she telling the truth? Was Oberoth telling the truth? We had an internal debate in the room, and my thinking was, of course he didn't tell the truth. She was too valuable to him to kill.

And the rule in sci-fi is, if you don't have a body, they're still alive.

Exactly, exactly. He had to have put her on ice, to use later as a source of information or what have you. And the replicators were wiped out, so her body remains in stasis. And ultimately the storyline I would have liked to have pursued would be to have this rebel Weir and the replicators find the real Weir -- it would have been a race to recapture the body between our team and the replicator team, and ultimately how it would have turned out, I don't know.

So there was kind of an idea being discussed, but it hadn't been fully developed.

We, at least, will be taking that idea and running with it, and not leave things hanging. Muahahahaha.

Indeed. I hate what GitM did to Weir (except for the part with her killing Koracen to save John), but damn, I LOVED what it showed us in John's feelings about Elizabeth. What we saw was how much he must care for her in order to set aside what he might want and follow what he knows her wishes would be, by letting a being that might be her go to what amounts to death.

Damn, now I'm getting depressed again.
              So, yeah, we're basically going to have to credit Mallozzi with Primum Movens as the 'based on an idea by'.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I've read through all the posts but at the moment I'm too exhausted to click multiquote *head on desk*. Hope everyone's doing well and is staying warm.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

You can borrow Ronon, and also my plasma cannon. Ammo refills are in the storage closet next to my office.

nephtys, that video is amazing and very, very appropriate! I'm with SR; TPTW of both shows need to watch that repeatedly. And TPTB of every damn show that's out there too, just so that they don't screw up!

GitM is so much mindfrak. I love it and I hate it with equal passion and that makes it difficult to watch. john/Joe saved the episode, and he was SO good in it, and it's the only reason why I can't dismiss it. Everything we ever talked about - regarding John's feelings toward Elizabeth - is there. And yet if Fran!Liz is Elizabeth, then how could she do what she did?! The writing of Elizabeth is a classic example of twisting a character to fit into a plothole. If it isn't elizabeth we, along with John ahve been cheated again.

I can't decide who suffered crueler fate - FRAN!Liz or John. She is dumped through the space gate and forgotten while John's heart was ripped out of him AGAIN. Geez, it's really hard to pick what is worst. It all comes down to a fact that, obviously, a part of John believed it was her, or at least HOPED so, and wished to finally save her and that opportunity was stolen from him AGAIN.

Did I mention I am in a really bad mood this evening? *kicks PTW*
                Cheated again and who suffered the crueler fate is right! Gah! *hands Anuna a sledgehammer to go break some stuff*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                So, yeah, we're basically going to have to credit Mallozzi with Primum Movens as the 'based on an idea by'.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I've read through all the posts but at the moment I'm too exhausted to click multiquote *head on desk*. Hope everyone's doing well and is staying warm.
                *huggles*

Yeah, we'll have to give him credit on that one... but seeing as how it's one of the few things he was thinking in the right direction on, I won't begrudge him that. Gee, d'ya think we should send him a fruit basket?
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You can borrow Ronon, and also my plasma cannon. Ammo refills are in the storage closet next to my office.

nephtys, that video is amazing and very, very appropriate! I'm with SR; TPTW of both shows need to watch that repeatedly. And TPTB of every damn show that's out there too, just so that they don't screw up!

Cheated again and who suffered the crueler fate is right! Gah! *hands Anuna a sledgehammer to go break some stuff*

*huggles*

Yeah, we'll have to give him credit on that one... but seeing as how it's one of the few things he was thinking in the right direction on, I won't begrudge him that. Gee, d'ya think we should send him a fruit basket?
                  I wouldn't go quite that far. He didn't say what he'd do with her when he brought her back. At least he seems to realize she was an important character.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I wouldn't go quite that far. He didn't say what he'd do with her when he brought her back. At least he seems to realize she was an important character.
                    And this after he previously said on his blog that she was a "supporting" character.

Though, just to clarify, I was thinking of sending him rotten fruit.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Before I head off to bed tonight, a couple of Sparky!wedding fic recs:

Five First Nights, by Little Red.
                      Summary: This isn't, actually, the first time he's married her.

Rowing in Eden, by havocthecat.
                      Summary: Diplomatic receptions aren't solemn occasions on this world.

Happy reading, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Comment

He realized it too late, IMHO.
                        And I would send him worst things than rotten fruit, actually

Comment

A quick hello before to go again.
                          Hope you're all fine. I'm sure I missed a lot of things.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I heard Josh Turner's "Why Don't We Just Dance" song this weekend. I think it is a good crack!fic song for Sparky.

Here's the video, but I think the video is dorky. I didn't see the video until today. What made me think Sparky was the lyrics and the music and my own imagination of John & Elizabeth. The video definitely didn't do anything for me. LOL

So, take a listen and enjoy.....just don't watch it LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1Z9DEDqpk

And, if this gets anyone's muse going, I'd love to see a little story using this song as inspiration. It doesn't have to be a sonfic though....
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

So how did I spend all that time while I was snowbound? Check this out. Feedback will be appreciated.

Everywhere I Go

And, by the way, it's snowing again. *runs screaming*
                              sigpic

Comment

So how did I spend all that time while I was snowbound? Check this out. Feedback will be appreciated.

Everywhere I Go

And, by the way, it's snowing again. *runs screaming*
                                it's snowing here again too...i swear to you if the kids don't have school tomorrow you're all going to see me on the news....i'll be the one being hauled off by the men in white coats
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X