No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are more snarky than sparky, but given our recent discussion, why not....

Spoiler:

This is .....
    Ronon Dex, a Satedan & member of your team. He was standing right next to me when Atlantis crash landed into the ocean on New Lantea, but apparently I don't remember that

Spoiler:

It's too risky to rend a rescue team after Weir
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't General Hammond himself disobey orders to go through the gate to save you? Aren't you only alive because of the 'leave no man behind' ethos?
    Yeah I don't really buy it either, but it's right there in the script, so...you know

Spoiler:

I won't take no for an answer Stephen
    Really? No wasn't even an option with Weir - are you telling me I don't have to listen to you? **** this, let's get out of here

Spoiler:

Midway's been compromised. John, ready a strike force and deal to it.
    Yes ma'am
    Carter runs off to check out the WWWD handbook
    Let's see now. Send a team of marines, check, but I called them a strike force, that sounds way cooler. Dial earth directly to warn them. ****, that would've been much easier, why didn't I think of that?

Spoiler:

Oh, sorry, it just kinda slipped out.

Sparky - when even farts don't bother you, it must be love
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
      Them 2 were GREAT together!!!
      I hated the episode when an infection broke out in Atlantis and they fought about opening to doors
      I was on Weirs side, I think John was a bit controlling
      Welcome to the Sparky thread, Holy Hannah!

I think that Elizabeth and John both made mistakes in Hot Zone. Elizabeth was too indecisive when swift action needed to be taken, but John was too eager and reckless with his actions to take charge of the situation.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Weelllllll, Adrift/LL might've been a movie, but of course the sequel would've had to have been a rescue, so obviously that's out of the question
      I dunno... As a movie, I they would've had to have a solid ending that didn't require a sequel. After all, they finished SG-1's Ori storyline with Ark of Truth.

It's a bit of a gaffe on the part of the writers (where were the military advisors??). Weir orders Caldwell in No Man's Land, but not in the other eps. It's supposed to play as Weir being able to send the ship somewhere, but not being in charge of anything. Except Caldwell, she pwns him. Carter on the other hand isn't afforded that responsibility - seriously?? That's why the military leader should at least be a General, regardless of whether the head is military or civilian.
      They used to have military advisers. I don't know if they still have them or not. Probably not. *headdesk*

And of course Lizzie pwns Caldwell. He's seekritly crushing on her just as much as Ronon is.

Surely she should've hugged Teyla then??
      AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I still am, lucky me
      Bummer! Haven't got any idea how to fix it. Sorry.

There have been some great ideas put out there in fanfiction, sadly we will never know. Personally, I think having Carter there as John's boss (and Weir as Carter's) would added sorely lacking tension. Alternatively, having Carter aid in defeating the Replicators whilst in command of the Apollo would've also been good (and being permanently assigned to the PG).
      Hmm, that could've been a fun way to do it. And with John no longer military commander, that might have taken the non-frat regs out of the equation. I like it.

Actually, I loved that ep (everybody's different eh), although I tended to think John was a bit out of order in that situation. That said, Elizabeth didn't appear to fully grasp the seriousness of the situation either.
      Indeed. They were both right, and both wrong, in that one.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

These are more snarky than sparky, but given our recent discussion, why not....

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25587[/ATTACH]
        This is .....
        Ronon Dex, a Satedan & member of your team. He was standing right next to me when Atlantis crash landed into the ocean on New Lantea, but apparently I don't remember that

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25584[/ATTACH]
        It's too risky to rend a rescue team after Weir
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't General Hammond himself disobey orders to go through the gate to save you? Aren't you only alive because of the 'leave no man behind' ethos?
        Yeah I don't really buy it either, but it's right there in the script, so...you know

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25582[/ATTACH]
        I won't take no for an answer Stephen
        Really? No wasn't even an option with Weir - are you telling me I don't have to listen to you? **** this, let's get out of here

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]25583[/ATTACH]
        Midway's been compromised. John, ready a strike force and deal to it.
        Yes ma'am
        Carter runs off to check out the WWWD handbook
        Let's see now. Send a team of marines, check, but I called them a strike force, that sounds way cooler. Dial earth directly to warn them. ****, that would've been much easier, why didn't I think of that?

Spoiler:

[ATTACH]25586[/ATTACH]
        Oh, sorry, it just kinda slipped out.
        [ATTACH]25585[/ATTACH]
        Sparky - when even farts don't bother you, it must be love
        OMFG! gateraid, you are a bad, bad boy. Bring on the snark!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I think that Elizabeth and John both made mistakes in Hot Zone. Elizabeth was too indecisive when swift action needed to be taken, but John was too eager and reckless with his actions to take charge of the situation.
          I hate to keep making a comparison to BSG, as I think they're two completely different types of shows, but at least the writers of that ship got that part right - they (Adama/Roslin) never agreed on everything, which I think is somewhat more realistic. There was a hint of it in Hot Zone, but dropped straight after that. Really, the next time they had a disagreement was probably First Strike. That's unlikely & completely unrealistic.

I dunno... As a movie, I they would've had to have a solid ending that didn't require a sequel. After all, they finished SG-1's Ori storyline with Ark of Truth.
          I don't remember much of AoT. There was a ship, some random replicators (seriously, where did they come from), some Ori, the ancient that had been in Atlantis for 3yrs but was only discovered when SG1 came to Atlantis, Cam was in charge even though Sam was listed as Colonel in the special features (AT even said the Sam/Cam scene at the end was for the shippers). I'm listing stuff but I still can't remember the plotline. I may have to rewatch that. *shudders*

Also, I guess if Adrift/LL was a movie, Lizzie would've actually died. Hrmmm, not sure whether I'd have preferred that....

They used to have military advisers. I don't know if they still have them or not. Probably not. *headdesk*
          Apparently not

And of course Lizzie pwns Caldwell. He's seekritly crushing on her just as much as Ronon is.
          More than Ronon I'd say. That's why he is so hurt when Phoebus says Weir thinks he's hopeless (I'm imagining <insert Natalie Portman's star wars character's name - I must've had her on mute also, she is pretty hot though, & imaginary, so that's okay > line - you're breaking my heart). Poor Caldwell. At least he still has Hermiad - Hermwell? Caliad? Hell?

Hmm, that could've been a fun way to do it. And with John no longer military commander, that might have taken the non-frat regs out of the equation. I like it.
          If you really take them to the extreme, he couldn't have had a relationship with Teyla either, as she was under his command. Even if Carter was there as a ship commander, and not as Shep's boss per se, it still could've been interesting, and would've given them a way to make her a bit more hard line w/o being an ass. Much like they did with Caldwell in early s2, then they forgot about it.

Indeed. They were both right, and both wrong, in that one.
          Grey is good, and realistic. Unless its Grey's Anatomy, that's poo

OMFG! gateraid, you are a bad, bad boy. Bring on the snark!
          You have no idea, my good friend
          sigpic

Comment

To keep it sparky, here are some more. Most of these are from Eri13's awesome recap of TOR, so are reruns on my part

Major Lorne attempts the lip lick but ultimately proves too slow

Weir: I don't need to read minds to know what you're thinking, and no, definitely not here

John attempts to undo Lizzie's bra via mind control

Determined not to give up in the face of repeated failures, John continues his attempts at bra telekinesis

Lizzie has already mastered this power, as a punishment for his insolence, she drops his pants in the middle of the control room

John: Aw, come on, you can't blame me for trying, it's been so long since I've seen "the girls"...

Carson: Rodney, please stop touching Radek. You revived him ten minutes ago, it's just creepy now

Ronon attempts to remove the Rodney cooties he's just been infected with

Weir: Hrmmm, I wonder, is this the ship that Carter was supposed to come to Atlantis on? Guess I've trumped her twice - this is the second ship I've been in charge of

John: Okay fine, you looked a little bit like Elizabeth late at night, but in the cold light of day, I can see I was mistaken. Deal with it
            sigpic

Comment

Gateraid............Awesome
              sigpic

Comment

Nah, they're just repeats. I need to go and farm some more pics. But thanks anyway.

Are you new to this thread? I don't recognise the name If so, welcome. If not, welcome back
                sigpic

Comment

Nah, they're just repeats. I need to go and farm some more pics. But thanks anyway.

Are you new to this thread? I don't recognise the name If so, welcome. If not, welcome back
                  Newish, pop in every now and again, the names Lana, and you can tell by my sig, where I dwell....
                  sigpic

Comment

Figured you must've been around for a bit, Colonel & all, I only pop in periodically too so thought I'd missed you. I'm going to guess by that comment that you are a thunker? Someone suggested to me that I should check it out a while ago - seems like everyone there wants to be 'thunked' by Shep/Joe. That's good casting for ya Feel free to pop in any time
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
                      Them 2 were GREAT together!!!
                      I hated the episode when an infection broke out in Atlantis and they fought about opening to doors
                      I was on Weirs side, I think John was a bit controlling
                      Welcome. We think they're great together also. I think they were both right in Hot Zone. John saw it as a military situation and figured it was his job to keep everybody safe. Of course he tends to be a bit reckless with his own safety and didn't stop to think. On the shippy side you can say they both were worried about the other. And it was the first time he called her "Elizabeth". *grin*

Thanks for the early morning laughs. You are good when you are bad. I'm glad they didn't do Adrift/LL as a movie to end things. Then we would have missed the Sparky goodness of TMC and GitM. Plus Vegas. I would hate to have missed that one.

S4-5 turned out to be not quite what they had planned for a lot of reasons. In some ways we benefited but in others it was a disaster. On the bright side, no matter what happens now in books or movies or whatever they can't change canon. Things that happened on screen will forever be true and if someday in a movie John moves on with a new love interest, it will be okay because a lot of time has passed and he is entitled. It won't change Sparky however.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I hate to keep making a comparison to BSG, as I think they're two completely different types of shows, but at least the writers of that ship got that part right - they (Adama/Roslin) never agreed on everything, which I think is somewhat more realistic. There was a hint of it in Hot Zone, but dropped straight after that. Really, the next time they had a disagreement was probably First Strike. That's unlikely & completely unrealistic.
                        They may be two very different types of shows, but I think it's a valid comparison, especially in how the writers on BSG realistically handled ship.

I don't remember much of AoT. There was a ship, some random replicators (seriously, where did they come from), some Ori, the ancient that had been in Atlantis for 3yrs but was only discovered when SG1 came to Atlantis, Cam was in charge even though Sam was listed as Colonel in the special features (AT even said the Sam/Cam scene at the end was for the shippers). I'm listing stuff but I still can't remember the plotline. I may have to rewatch that. *shudders*
                        One viewing was enough for me...

Also, I guess if Adrift/LL was a movie, Lizzie would've actually died. Hrmmm, not sure whether I'd have preferred that....
                        Exactly my thinking. *shudders*

Apparently not
                        And no doubt, any such advisers would be howling in outrage at what they're doing, anyway.

More than Ronon I'd say. That's why he is so hurt when Phoebus says Weir thinks he's hopeless (I'm imagining <insert Natalie Portman's star wars character's name - I must've had her on mute also, she is pretty hot though, & imaginary, so that's okay > line - you're breaking my heart). Poor Caldwell. At least he still has Hermiad - Hermwell? Caliad? Hell?
                        Hermiod, and he's dead along with the rest of the Milky Way Asgard. So Caldwell's mourning two loves.

If you really take them to the extreme, he couldn't have had a relationship with Teyla either, as she was under his command. Even if Carter was there as a ship commander, and not as Shep's boss per se, it still could've been interesting, and would've given them a way to make her a bit more hard line w/o being an ass. Much like they did with Caldwell in early s2, then they forgot about it.
                        Bingo! The way things stand now, he still can't have a relationship with Teyla since they're on the same team.

Yeah, it kind of annoyed me that Caldwell lost his edge so soon. He was great as a foil for tension while it lasted.

You have no idea, my good friend
                        Judging from your latest assortment of pics, I think I've got a pretty good idea. "Bra telekinesis?!" Looks like John's been practicing for eventual ascension so he can have glowy sex with Lizzie!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Thanks for the early morning laughs. You are good when you are bad. I'm glad they didn't do Adrift/LL as a movie to end things. Then we would have missed the Sparky goodness of TMC and GitM. Plus Vegas. I would hate to have missed that one.

S4-5 turned out to be not quite what they had planned for a lot of reasons. In some ways we benefited but in others it was a disaster. On the bright side, no matter what happens now in books or movies or whatever they can't change canon. Things that happened on screen will forever be true and if someday in a movie John moves on with a new love interest, it will be okay because a lot of time has passed and he is entitled. It won't change Sparky however.
                        Exactly. John will just be "settling" for someone who's second best, since he couldn't have the one he really wants, Elizabeth. And, of course, when he dies/ascends/whatever... he gets to be with Elizabeth for all eternity. Yeah, I can live with that. LOL!

Comment

gateraid Love the caps!
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Exactly. John will just be "settling" for someone who's second best, since he couldn't have the one he really wants, Elizabeth. And, of course, when he dies/ascends/whatever... he gets to be with Elizabeth for all eternity. Yeah, I can live with that. LOL!
                            What books? What movie? What is this settling you speak of? I know nothing but sparky.

Speaking of wich, I could use prompts for my Big Bang fic.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              What books? What movie? What is this settling you speak of? I know nothing but sparky.

Speaking of wich, I could use prompts for my Big Bang fic.
                              Oh, you know me, I'm just pointing out the very obvious flaw in any argument that any post-series story that has John ending up with someone other than Elizabeth. Basically, that John's private, too-painful-to-admit-openly love for Elizabeth will overshadow any relationship John has. Sparky rules.

Prompts? I've got some questions/background ideas...

Comment

I think I just prompted myself. Stay tuned for the rambles, flail and brainstorm! I will need you (and other sparkies) to save my sanity.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X