No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. Still alive, just incredibly busy. i can see our season 6 plans are progressing, anything I need to pay attention to specifically?
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      *runs in, drops off fic*
      Small Miracles

*runs out*
      Eeee! Go read this one, everybody! drew claims it's not really Sparky, but it totally IS!

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
      Here is something I have been working on for a while it´s a banner but be warned it´s a bit dark themed, it´s an Elizabeth banner resolving around the Replicator nanites in her body. The lyrics on the banner is a song from Within Temptation and the songs name is: It´s the Fear. I thought the song fitted well for this.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ar-banner1.jpg

I hope you´ll like it even though it´s dark.

*gives everyone a bear hug*
      *hugs back* Good to see you! And that's an awesome sig! Yeah, it's dark, but then, Lizzie's story did turn rather dark towards the end, so it's fitting.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Well, since John Sheppard is not a lying cheating sack of excrement, I doubt our John and Elizabeth will end up split.
      Good point. Sparky doesn't require John to be a lying cheating sack of excrement in order for the pairing to happen.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Points of business!!! This is our episode list so far, and I think it's pretty good, but as I was thinking about it, I noticed we're missing one key essential ingredient to anything Atlantis oriented (also thanks to the episodes of SGA I watched last night): WRAITH.

Episodes 1 & 2: The Return to Pegasus
      Episode 3: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
      Episode 4: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
      Episode 5:
      Episode 6
      Episode 7: Box of Dreams (Writer: Anuna)
      Episode 8
      Episode 9
      Episodes 10: Primum Movens, Part I (Writer: Erika)
      Episodes 11: Primum Movens, Part II (Writer: Erika)
      Episode 12: Lockdown: (Writer: Drewandian)
      Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (Writer: Erika)
      Episode 14:
      Episode 15
      Episode 16: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
      Episode 17: John Mental Torture episode! (Writer: Anuna)
      Episode 18:
      Episode 19: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
      Episode 20: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
      Episodes 21-22: LOST

So I have a proposal, based on an idea I've been mulling around for a while (long before SSS) and which I think can fill out the remainder of our season.

The season as a whole and how the Wraith can impact it (the baby Queen storyline may be worked in here somewhere as well):

Spoiler:
      Moving the Christening episode down one, we have our 3rd episode be the team dealing with what to do with Todd. My guess is we have to find a way to let him go.

Episode 6 is a sorta 'standalone' dedicated to a new twist on the Wraith--a planet where our team encounters Wraith whose ancestors were stranded for hundreds of thousands of years. After killing the humans on the planet, the Wraith were forced to evolve into a species which is capable of dual feeding--both by eating food and by absorbing the energy through their feeding hand. This is a story vaguely similar to the SGA novel "Entanglement", but in our case it's evolution of the Wraith rather than an AU timeline. In this episode, our guys are presented with an interesting chance to do something about the Wraith similar to the retrovirus, but in a way that doesn't require complete evolution of the Wraith into humans. Beckett/Keller begin research into it.

Episode 8 brings in people we've never seen before--the Wraith worshippers. Maybe Team Atlantis stumbles upon a seemingly nice planet where the people are a little suspect. They're suffering from lack of food; Team Atlantis opts to help them in exchange for Stargate addresses. when they visit one, however, they are surprised to find that the people of that planet fear those who come through the gate as 'the shadows' or some such, who take children in the night. The original planet is discovered to be kidnappers, who take people for Wraith sacrifice. However, by the end we discover that the sacrifices haven't been working, since the Wraith haven't been coming. This is a first sign the main Wraith are weakening.

Episode 9: The Pegasus Coalition comes calling, letting Atlantis know that the tide is turning in the battle against the Wraith. This can take into account whatever we decide brought Atlantis back to Pegasus--maybe in those first episodes, Atlantis and the Daedalus, Apollo, etc help fight a major battle which seriously weakened Wraith numbers. I'm not sure if this is feasible--those who have seen through Season 5 let me know--but the Coalition wants to start planting nuclear devices (finally finished by our friends the Genii) on potential planets with Hive ships and Wraith connections. Atlantis disapproves this move for whatever reason...too many human lives at stake, etc, etc.

Todd comes in with an opinion against this option, wanting instead to continue the medical route. Beckett/Keller have found that half-evolving the wraith like the race from Episode 6 is a workable option. The new race created, dubbed the "Irati" (twist on the Iratus bug name), will have to make a moral choice as to whether they'll feed on humans or not. This story can be played ad nauseum forever. Atlantis isn't all that thrilled about agreeing with a Wraith, etc, but it presents an alternative to blowing everything up, as the Coalition wants to do. Those who have seen Season 5--please flesh this out!

In this episode, we are also told of a strange occurrence, by either Todd or the Coalition--the razing of planets in certain parts of the galaxy. Maybe the Coalition thinks it's Wraith-caused, which is why they're itching to start blowing things up. No one can figure out who or what is doing that, until, in the final few scenes, Atlantis discovers that all the planets are neutronium heavy--used for Replicators. This immediately causes concern and they check the space gate through which Franibeth was gated--and find her missing. This leads into Primum Movens.

I've moved "Run through the Jungle" to episode 15 to give Elizabeth a few more diplomatic offworld experiences under her belt before...

...Episode 16 shows her suiting up to become Atlantis's representative with the Pegasus Coalition. She is there to address whatever moves are being made against the Wraith in whatever way. In this case, we get our first occurrence of Elizabeth meeting Todd, and perhaps our first occurrence of Elizabeth reuniting with Ladon Radim. Discussion ensues. There can be some sort of premeditated attack on the Wraith in this one, which is our action portion. This can be a small attack that is resolved within the episode, but it stages part of where Season 7 can go. Elizabeth will also be very torn about what's going on, feeling the pressure (a throwback to TRW, too) leading more into HOM.

I've altered the timeline a little to move up Ronon's empath episode and House of Mirrors to episodes 18 & 19. I did this to give Elizabeth one recovery episode after her breakdown, and to allow episode 20 to be a good penultimate cliffhanger--somehow, we've got to address the developments of the Pegasus coalition, the war with the Wraith, the potential retrovirus, Todd. All these things need to be sorta 'wrapped' in the sense that they don't leave the audience going 'wait a MINUTE! You've got another war to address before this stupid race sieges the city!'

I think the new race completely sideswipes us in the finale. We have no idea they were coming, which is why the moves of Atlantis in destroying the dialing crystals are so drastic and why they're afraid to contact Earth, because they have no idea what they're dealing with.

And finally--in a bitter, ironic twist, I think I've got the perfect titles for the finale: The Lost City, I & II. Ironic, because it was in the SG-1 episodes "the Lost City" that we first heard of Atlantis--but the titles have never been used in the SGA episode list, so I think it's kinda perfect that we go full circle with it.

The new episode list would look like this:

Episode 3: Todd resolution (Wraith based): We let him go.
      Episode 4: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
      Episode 5: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
      Episode 6: Wraith Standalone - the non-Wraith 'wraith'. TEYLA BIG ROLE; RONON'S CONCERNS ADDRESSED
      Episode 8: Wraith Standalone - the Wraith worshippers TEYLA BIG ROLE
      Episode 9: Standalone - addressing the battle with the Wraith; the Pegasus Coalition. RONON SUPPORTS THE COALITION'S MOVE
      Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (HUMOR EPISODE) (Writer: Erika)
      Episode 14: MCKAY EPISODE
      Episode 15: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
      Episode 16: The Pegasus Coalition--Elizabeth starts the real work
      Episode 18: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
      Episode 19: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
      Episode 20: IMPORTANT PENULTIMATE EPISODE: WRAITH TIE-IN AND SLIGHT SEASON CLIFFY FOR WRAITH STORYLINE
      Episodes 21-22: The Lost City, Parts 1 & 2

The only thing left standing is Episode 14--for which I've inserted the requisite McKay eppy. And I've altered the Elizabeth translates for non-english speaking aliens into a complete humor episode. We'll all need a laugh after the lockdown episode anyway.

I definitely need approval on this and hammering out the finer points of the Wraith and Pegasus Coalition storyline(s). PLEASE WEIGH IN WITH SUGGESTIONS.

If this gets approved, I'll alter the comm to reflect that.
      Yes! WE NEED WRAITH!

As for the plotting...
      Spoiler:
      the Daedalus and Apollo (along with the Chinese-crewed Sun Tzu) were heavily damaged during the events of EatG, while the Odyssey was apparently off on some super-secret mission at the time (I think Mallozzi said on his blog that it was related to the Icarus Base and setup for SGU). Depending on how long after EatG our SS6 begins, it may be that only the George Hammond will be available for space battles in the early episodes.

I am digging the ideas with the Irati, the Wraith worshippers (we so need to see more about that!) and with the Pegasus Coalition taking a more active role with their own plans to deal with the Wraith (and the Coalition thinking the Replicator-wasted planets are the result of the Wraith). Basically, I like all of it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Hello everyone. Still alive, just incredibly busy. i can see our season 6 plans are progressing, anything I need to pay attention to specifically?
        We're just hammering out details generally, nothing specific yet.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

It's totally Sparky!

Time to do "fiesta" with my parents and eat the cake, open my gift.... i'm feel like I'm 5 years old today because I'm with my parents tonight but no 22.lol Can't wait this week: the real "fiesta" with my friends.
          SR: I take my day tomorrow and also Saturday.
          See you later. And please, don't write too much. I'm already lost.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

SK and Probie it's UNINTENTIONALLY Sparky!!! seems I have a bit of an addiction to the Sparky though.....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

YAYS! \o/

http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/

Now, if the idea I proposed a few posts ago about the Wraith gets accepted, this will change some of the entries around, but that's okay. Cut/Paste esss GUD.

Everything is hanging on stasis based on what you guys think of my Wraith idea. If you don't like it, propose another one! I do think we need Wraith somehow in the story. Once we get them worked in, I think we'll have the full season outline and we can proceed from there.

There is ONE element that I do think needs discussing--most particularly between scary_kitty, drewandian, and myself, and that's Elizabeth's nanites/progression to madness between Primum Movens (eppy 10/11), the lockdown episode (eppy 12) and House of Mirrors (eppy 20).

Here's the issue. Elizabeth's nanites seize control of the Atlantis database in PM 2, which is perfect continuity for when it happens again the lockdown episode. At the end of the lockdown eppy, Rodney MUST cure MOST of them, otherwise she will not be trusted. And that has to be believable. WE WILL BE STRONG WRITERS! WE WILL, WE WILL!! My thought is that there will still be some active in her brain required to keep her alive but completely NOT accessible through wireless (hence why she's not a threat). However, they will affect her memory, so that she starts getting lost memories, etc.

I think there has to be a careful balance struck between Elizabeth's descent into madness (or rather, her anxiety overwhelming her) and her ability to remain OUR Elizabeth. We don't want her to be weak (watching her PWN people in Suspicion and 38 Minutes reminded me why I LOVE this character). So a couple of questions for you ladies and the group in general:

- Thinking on it, Lockdown will be hard to write without ever going into Elizabeth's head: how do we do that without copying The Real World and conflicting with House of Mirrors? How do we keep the story centered more on how the others feel about Elizabeth? Drew, have you thought any more on this?

- How do we show the breakdown of Elizabeth believably?

- I think there should be a 'mirror' moment of John grabbing Elizabeth's hand as he did in TRW, and showing up in her mind and finally pulling her out. Should that happen in the lockdown episode or in HOM? Having it happen twice within as many episodes would be redundant.

- How 'crazy' is crazy for her?

- SK, do you have a general idea of what kind of breakdown Liz would have in HOM, so we know what we're spiralling down into? And how she gets 'saved?'

This is a major continuity factor for our second half, so I want to make sure when I do the continuity guidelines for all the episodes I'm addressing it properly. It's a fine line, because we have to show Elizabeth as unstable in a certain sense, but we also have to prove she's completely capable of being a member of a team, a representing diplomat, and, in the finale, a trustworthy leader.
              Last edited by Eri13; 28 January 2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Quoting SK:

Good point. Sparky doesn't require John to be a lying cheating sack of excrement in order for the pairing to happen.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. I needed that!

Comment

YAYS! \o/

Now, if the idea I proposed a few posts ago about the Wraith gets accepted, this will change some of the entries around, but that's okay. Cut/Paste esss GUD.

Everything is hanging on stasis based on what you guys think of my Wraith idea. If you don't like it, propose another one! I do think we need Wraith somehow in the story. Once we get them worked in, I think we'll have the full season outline and we can proceed from there.

There is ONE element that I do think needs discussing--most particularly between scary_kitty, drewandian, and myself, and that's Elizabeth's nanites/progression to madness between Primum Movens (eppy 10/11), the lockdown episode (eppy 12) and House of Mirrors (eppy 20).

Here's the issue. Elizabeth's nanites seize control of the Atlantis database in PM 2, which is perfect continuity for when it happens again the lockdown episode. At the end of the lockdown eppy, Rodney MUST cure MOST of them, otherwise she will not be trusted. And that has to be believable. WE WILL BE STRONG WRITERS! WE WILL, WE WILL!! My thought is that there will still be some active in her brain required to keep her alive but completely NOT accessible through wireless (hence why she's not a threat). However, they will affect her memory, so that she starts getting lost memories, etc.

I think there has to be a careful balance struck between Elizabeth's descent into madness (or rather, her anxiety overwhelming her) and her ability to remain OUR Elizabeth. We don't want her to be weak (watching her PWN people in Suspicion and 38 Minutes reminded me why I LOVE this character). So a couple of questions for you ladies and the group in general:

- Thinking on it, Lockdown will be hard to write without ever going into Elizabeth's head: how do we do that without copying The Real World and conflicting with House of Mirrors? How do we keep the story centered more on how the others feel about Elizabeth? Drew, have you thought any more on this?

- I think there should be a 'mirror' moment of John grabbing Elizabeth's hand as he did in TRW, and showing up in her mind and finally pulling her out. Should that happen in the lockdown episode or in HOM? Having it happen twice within as many episodes would be redundant.

- SK, do you have a general idea of what kind of breakdown Liz would have in HOM, so we know what we're spiralling down into? And how she gets 'saved?'

This is a major continuity factor for our second half, so I want to make sure when I do the continuity guidelines for all the episodes I'm addressing it properly. It's a fine line, because we have to show Elizabeth as unstable in a certain sense, but we also have to prove she's completely capable of being a member of a team, a representing diplomat, and, in the finale, a trustworthy leader.
                  *butts in*

As for how to show Elizabeth's breakdown, i ahve a suggestion. At the beginning of the episode she should be lucid or semi lucid, or sensing something bad is about to happen to her (like people with epilepsia who can sense a seizure is comming?). I'm not the best Elizabeth writer out there, but I think it's fairly canon based that her reaction to stress of personal nature is withdrawal (Return, part one). I'm not sure if it's completely true to her character, but if she sensed psychological discomfort or growing anxiety, or that she was posing danger to rest of the people around her, I believe she would try to physically isolate herself. She would maybe even ask of Carson or Keller to put her into isolation.

I think we can rely on canon for the 'crazy' part too - in TRW she was essentially hallucinating. Yes, those dreams/hallucinations/whatever we call them were nanite influenced, but in the HOM you can claim, or let Kate heightmeier claim that her psyche is now prone to psychosis, because the replicator nanites have altered/influenced her brain chemistry. That doesn't mean she is permanently crazy (things aren't black and white when it comes to brain chemistry). I was taught that certain brains are prone to neurosis or react more strongly to hallucinogenic drugs, while other brains are more likely to hallucinate, or react more strongly to sedatives. I hope my point is coming across - that means, during her breakdown she can have full blown psychotic symptoms, because her brain chemistry is not balanced/an outside factor caused this imbalance. Remeber that episode of SG - 1, one of the early seasons, when daniel was locked in a padded room? What I want to say is, you can go with REALLY crazy here, and have her restored when solution is found. In TRW the solution was winning through her own force of will, how about making the 'victory' about trusting everyone else to help her? I think we could be addressing an inetersting issue here - canon Elizabeth assumed she was a danger nobody could prevent after she woke up in 'Adrift'. I love her character, and I understand why she sacrificed, but on the other hand, she didn't really give others a proper chance to cure her. I think we could play with that a little.

Comment

Well, since John Sheppard is not a lying cheating sack of excrement, I doubt our John and Elizabeth will end up split.
                    Dang, GW won't let me green you - MENTAL GREEN for the vocabulary!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Alléluia!!! This forum woeks today!

Eri: Love your idea. And it's true we forgot Wraith and Atlantis but you fix it.
                      My real mom is yelling/calling at me. It's not SR for once. Be back later.lol
                      Don't worry, I wasn't around today to yell at you, but I'm back now. I spent the day driving 1 1/2 hours to meet a friend I used to teach with for a veeerrrryyy long lunch. LOL And then I drove 1 1/2 hrs back. So exhausted. I will have to reread the last few pages tomorrow to get a clear reading on the new ep notes. My head right now is full of gossip.

Points of business!!! This is our episode list so far, and I think it's pretty good, but as I was thinking about it, I noticed we're missing one key essential ingredient to anything Atlantis oriented (also thanks to the episodes of SGA I watched last night): WRAITH.

Episode 3: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
                      Episode 4: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
                      Episode 5:
                      Episode 6
                      Episode 8
                      Episode 9
                      Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (Writer: Erika)
                      Episode 14:
                      Episode 15
                      Episode 16: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
                      Episode 18:
                      Episode 19: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
                      Episode 20: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
                      Episodes 21-22: LOST

So I have a proposal, based on an idea I've been mulling around for a while (long before SSS) and which I think can fill out the remainder of our season.

The season as a whole and how the Wraith can impact it (the baby Queen storyline may be worked in here somewhere as well):

Spoiler:
                      Moving the Christening episode down one, we have our 3rd episode be the team dealing with what to do with Todd. My guess is we have to find a way to let him go.

Episode 6 is a sorta 'standalone' dedicated to a new twist on the Wraith--a planet where our team encounters Wraith whose ancestors were stranded for hundreds of thousands of years. After killing the humans on the planet, the Wraith were forced to evolve into a species which is capable of dual feeding--both by eating food and by absorbing the energy through their feeding hand. This is a story vaguely similar to the SGA novel "Entanglement", but in our case it's evolution of the Wraith rather than an AU timeline. In this episode, our guys are presented with an interesting chance to do something about the Wraith similar to the retrovirus, but in a way that doesn't require complete evolution of the Wraith into humans. Beckett/Keller begin research into it.

Episode 8 brings in people we've never seen before--the Wraith worshippers. Maybe Team Atlantis stumbles upon a seemingly nice planet where the people are a little suspect. They're suffering from lack of food; Team Atlantis opts to help them in exchange for Stargate addresses. when they visit one, however, they are surprised to find that the people of that planet fear those who come through the gate as 'the shadows' or some such, who take children in the night. The original planet is discovered to be kidnappers, who take people for Wraith sacrifice. However, by the end we discover that the sacrifices haven't been working, since the Wraith haven't been coming. This is a first sign the main Wraith are weakening.

Episode 9: The Pegasus Coalition comes calling, letting Atlantis know that the tide is turning in the battle against the Wraith. This can take into account whatever we decide brought Atlantis back to Pegasus--maybe in those first episodes, Atlantis and the Daedalus, Apollo, etc help fight a major battle which seriously weakened Wraith numbers. I'm not sure if this is feasible--those who have seen through Season 5 let me know--but the Coalition wants to start planting nuclear devices (finally finished by our friends the Genii) on potential planets with Hive ships and Wraith connections. Atlantis disapproves this move for whatever reason...too many human lives at stake, etc, etc.

Todd comes in with an opinion against this option, wanting instead to continue the medical route. Beckett/Keller have found that half-evolving the wraith like the race from Episode 6 is a workable option. The new race created, dubbed the "Irati" (twist on the Iratus bug name), will have to make a moral choice as to whether they'll feed on humans or not. This story can be played ad nauseum forever. Atlantis isn't all that thrilled about agreeing with a Wraith, etc, but it presents an alternative to blowing everything up, as the Coalition wants to do. Those who have seen Season 5--please flesh this out!

In this episode, we are also told of a strange occurrence, by either Todd or the Coalition--the razing of planets in certain parts of the galaxy. Maybe the Coalition thinks it's Wraith-caused, which is why they're itching to start blowing things up. No one can figure out who or what is doing that, until, in the final few scenes, Atlantis discovers that all the planets are neutronium heavy--used for Replicators. This immediately causes concern and they check the space gate through which Franibeth was gated--and find her missing. This leads into Primum Movens.

I've moved "Run through the Jungle" to episode 15 to give Elizabeth a few more diplomatic offworld experiences under her belt before...

...Episode 16 shows her suiting up to become Atlantis's representative with the Pegasus Coalition. She is there to address whatever moves are being made against the Wraith in whatever way. In this case, we get our first occurrence of Elizabeth meeting Todd, and perhaps our first occurrence of Elizabeth reuniting with Ladon Radim. Discussion ensues. There can be some sort of premeditated attack on the Wraith in this one, which is our action portion. This can be a small attack that is resolved within the episode, but it stages part of where Season 7 can go. Elizabeth will also be very torn about what's going on, feeling the pressure (a throwback to TRW, too) leading more into HOM.

I've altered the timeline a little to move up Ronon's empath episode and House of Mirrors to episodes 18 & 19. I did this to give Elizabeth one recovery episode after her breakdown, and to allow episode 20 to be a good penultimate cliffhanger--somehow, we've got to address the developments of the Pegasus coalition, the war with the Wraith, the potential retrovirus, Todd. All these things need to be sorta 'wrapped' in the sense that they don't leave the audience going 'wait a MINUTE! You've got another war to address before this stupid race sieges the city!'

I think the new race completely sideswipes us in the finale. We have no idea they were coming, which is why the moves of Atlantis in destroying the dialing crystals are so drastic and why they're afraid to contact Earth, because they have no idea what they're dealing with.

And finally--in a bitter, ironic twist, I think I've got the perfect titles for the finale: The Lost City, I & II. Ironic, because it was in the SG-1 episodes "the Lost City" that we first heard of Atlantis--but the titles have never been used in the SGA episode list, so I think it's kinda perfect that we go full circle with it.

The new episode list would look like this:

Episode 3: Todd resolution (Wraith based): We let him go.
                      Episode 4: Torren's Christening/Threat to the Athosians (Writer: Erin)
                      Episode 5: Welcome to Hoth (Writer: SouthernRed)
                      Episode 6: Wraith Standalone - the non-Wraith 'wraith'. TEYLA BIG ROLE; RONON'S CONCERNS ADDRESSED
                      Episode 8: Wraith Standalone - the Wraith worshippers TEYLA BIG ROLE
                      Episode 9: Standalone - addressing the battle with the Wraith; the Pegasus Coalition. RONON SUPPORTS THE COALITION'S MOVE
                      Episode 13: Elizabeth, the translator (HUMOR EPISODE) (Writer: Erika)
                      Episode 14: MCKAY EPISODE
                      Episode 15: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
                      Episode 16: The Pegasus Coalition--Elizabeth starts the real work
                      Episode 18: Ronon, the Empath (Writer: Southern Red)
                      Episode 19: House of Mirrors (Writer: Scary Kitty)
                      Episode 20: IMPORTANT PENULTIMATE EPISODE: WRAITH TIE-IN AND SLIGHT SEASON CLIFFY FOR WRAITH STORYLINE
                      Episodes 21-22: The Lost City, Parts 1 & 2

The only thing left standing is Episode 14--for which I've inserted the requisite McKay eppy. And I've altered the Elizabeth translates for non-english speaking aliens into a complete humor episode. We'll all need a laugh after the lockdown episode anyway.

I definitely need approval on this and hammering out the finer points of the Wraith and Pegasus Coalition storyline(s). PLEASE WEIGH IN WITH SUGGESTIONS.

If this gets approved, I'll alter the comm to reflect that.
                      My cursory review gives you thumbs up. I'm not sharp on all the technical details but I was thinking while driving today that we had neglected the Wraith. LOL This sounds very feasible. Maybe the damaged ships can get a fast repair while the city is on Earth or not be damaged as much as previously thought. Or something.

It's totally Sparky!

Time to do "fiesta" with my parents and eat the cake, open my gift.... i'm feel like I'm 5 years old today because I'm with my parents tonight but no 22.lol Can't wait this week: the real "fiesta" with my friends.
                      SR: I take my day tomorrow and also Saturday.
                      See you later. And please, don't write too much. I'm already lost.lol
                      Enjoy the fiesta. I'll catch up on emails etc tomorrow by myself. And make my own coffee. After the homemade blackberry cobbler I had for lunch, I'll be dieting all weekend. I love those little family run country restaurants you find in rural Virginia. So homey and so friendly.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My mom is funny. She wanted to do watch SGA tonight.
                        Mom: Want to talk to you
                        Me:Yes mom
                        Mom: it's your birthday today. Why we don't watch some sga episodes?
                        Me: Because I want to watch "The Mentalist" and because it's My birthday not yours.
                        And finally, she was stronger than me. We watched "TRW" and "CG" and the most funny. She bought me "Blood ties". I think she gave me this because she wants this for here. She's more fan of SGA than me.lol

Time to bed. Bye
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

My mom is funny. She wanted to do watch SGA tonight.
                          Mom: Want to talk to you
                          Me:Yes mom
                          Mom: it's your birthday today. Why we don't watch some sga episodes?
                          Me: Because I want to watch "The Mentalist" and because it's My birthday not yours.
                          And finally, she was stronger than me. We watched "TRW" and "CG" and the most funny. She bought me "Blood ties". I think she gave me this because she wants this for here. She's more fan of SGA than me.lol

Time to bed. Bye
                          HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!!! How did we miss this??

Don't worry, I wasn't around today to yell at you, but I'm back now. I spent the day driving 1 1/2 hours to meet a friend I used to teach with for a veeerrrryyy long lunch. LOL And then I drove 1 1/2 hrs back. So exhausted. I will have to reread the last few pages tomorrow to get a clear reading on the new ep notes. My head right now is full of gossip.

My cursory review gives you thumbs up. I'm not sharp on all the technical details but I was thinking while driving today that we had neglected the Wraith. LOL This sounds very feasible. Maybe the damaged ships can get a fast repair while the city is on Earth or not be damaged as much as previously thought. Or something.

Enjoy the fiesta. I'll catch up on emails etc tomorrow by myself. And make my own coffee. After the homemade blackberry cobbler I had for lunch, I'll be dieting all weekend. I love those little family run country restaurants you find in rural Virginia. So homey and so friendly.
                          That was my thought, in TRUE SG style, we can have them repaired in a matter of months. \o/ Should stick somewhat to the shows' way of doing things.

*butts in*

As for how to show Elizabeth's breakdown, i ahve a suggestion. At the beginning of the episode she should be lucid or semi lucid, or sensing something bad is about to happen to her (like people with epilepsia who can sense a seizure is comming?). I'm not the best Elizabeth writer out there, but I think it's fairly canon based that her reaction to stress of personal nature is withdrawal (Return, part one). I'm not sure if it's completely true to her character, but if she sensed psychological discomfort or growing anxiety, or that she was posing danger to rest of the people around her, I believe she would try to physically isolate herself. She would maybe even ask of Carson or Keller to put her into isolation.

I think we can rely on canon for the 'crazy' part too - in TRW she was essentially hallucinating. Yes, those dreams/hallucinations/whatever we call them were nanite influenced, but in the HOM you can claim, or let Kate heightmeier claim that her psyche is now prone to psychosis, because the replicator nanites have altered/influenced her brain chemistry. That doesn't mean she is permanently crazy (things aren't black and white when it comes to brain chemistry). I was taught that certain brains are prone to neurosis or react more strongly to hallucinogenic drugs, while other brains are more likely to hallucinate, or react more strongly to sedatives. I hope my point is coming across - that means, during her breakdown she can have full blown psychotic symptoms, because her brain chemistry is not balanced/an outside factor caused this imbalance. Remeber that episode of SG - 1, one of the early seasons, when daniel was locked in a padded room? What I want to say is, you can go with REALLY crazy here, and have her restored when solution is found. In TRW the solution was winning through her own force of will, how about making the 'victory' about trusting everyone else to help her? I think we could be addressing an inetersting issue here - canon Elizabeth assumed she was a danger nobody could prevent after she woke up in 'Adrift'. I love her character, and I understand why she sacrificed, but on the other hand, she didn't really give others a proper chance to cure her. I think we could play with that a little.
                          Your butt is always welcome to speak.

That's perfect insight! Thanks--it helps to understand how we can do this without going the way of unrealistic.

Comment

...Kate heightmeier...
                            Heightmeyer

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Birthday, Probie!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                              SK and Probie it's UNINTENTIONALLY Sparky!!! seems I have a bit of an addiction to the Sparky though.....
                              LOL! We all have Sparky on the brain... there's no escaping it!

Quoting SK:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. I needed that!
                              Heh, I needed that, too.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Frak! Stupid forum won't let me post everything in one post. So, Part 1:

YAYS! \o/

You already know my opinion on the Wraith: do it! Let's play with Todd!

Now, on to Lizzie! I recall that in TRW, Carson mentioned that the nanites were forced to use Elizabeth's own organic tissues to replicate because there wasn't any of their preferred materials present. Perhaps the remaining nanites are completely organic in nature; they can't be transmitted to anyone else like what Niam did to Elizabeth in Progeny. They could be like, super-brain cells, for lack of a better phrase; more evolved than normal brain cells, able to handle the storage and transmission of information at a much higher and more efficient rate (to where, potentially, she might have some pieces (or even the entire) of the Replicator equivalent of the Ancient database in her head along with the memories/experiences of her duplicates). She might still be able interact with Atlantis's Ancient-designed systems, but only by physical touch, just like an ATA gene carrier. If we go in that direction, I'd make it something she'd have to practice A LOT in order to really do anything huge; making one of the Ancient PDAs work would probably be relatively easy as it's a simple little device (turn on, find nearby life signs, turn off), but flying a jumper won't happen any time soon.

I say we keep Elizabeth unconscious for most of the episode. Obviously, we won't show what she's seeing in her head, as that's for HoM, just everyone else's reactions to what's going on. Maybe the teaser scene can be one of Elizabeth's sessions with Kate Heightmeyer, and a comment or two that Elizabeth makes will give Kate the clues she needs to figure out that Elizabeth is reacting to her own fears, etc.

I think there needs to be a gradual buildup to the breakdown. Little hints in the episodes leading up to HoM that she's having trouble adjusting to being back and accepting that it's not some illusion created by the nanites, as well as her troubles in remembering what happened to her while she was held captive by the Replicators. She's having nightmares about turning into a Replicator... maybe her blocked memories first start to emerge as nightmares that she can't clearly remember when she wakes up? By the way, just how far are we going to go with what Oberoth may have done to her, both mind-probing and medical experimentation to examine the merging of her human body with the nanites?

At this point, everyone still has doubts about her, and as this episode is supposed to resolve everyone else's questions about Elizabeth, I think everyone should be involved with reaching out to her in Lockdown, not just John. I liked Anuna's suggestion about Elizabeth, linked to the city, being able to "hear" what people are saying; Teyla, her forehead resting against a wall, asking Elizabeth to forgive her for letting her fears get in the way of helping her, Rodney apologizing to Elizabeth for putting her through hell by turning on the nanites, etc.

As for John's part, Elizabeth's nanites are still more widespread at this time (since the cause of the lockdown is Rodney trying to fix them). If we're going to go with the theory that the reason why John was able to reach Elizabeth before in TRW was that it was his ATA gene allowing him to connect with the nanites and briefly override them so that Elizabeth could get the upper hand and save herself, then now would be pretty much the logical opportunity to have the "grabbing hand" moment, as he'd be connecting with the nanites again to help Elizabeth. Only this time, he'll know that that's what he's doing, whereas in TRW it appeared to be instinctual and subconscious. What will he tell her, though? Will he reveal his deeper feelings for her here, or will that particular revelation be waiting until later? He's always been very reluctant to talk about his feelings about anything, and I think that Lockdown may be too soon, especially as he (along with everyone else) is still adjusting to her being back at this time. Here, we should have him reach out to her as his friend that he's gone through hell to bring back, but have him stop just short of saying those three words (maybe he's still afraid of getting burned by love again?).

That's why I need to know the details about just what kind of tortures she endured while she was a prisoner, as there are obviously going to be flashbacks to that as her memories return. I'm thinking that as her memories of her captivity and the memories of her duplicates begin to surface outside of when she's asleep, they're going to start blending together, warping her view of reality so that she doesn't know if what she's seeing is something that's actually happening in front of her, or if it's a memory/nightmare. Hallucinations, like Anuna suggested. She might see a flash of light off a knife in the mess hall, and suddenly, it's not a knife cutting into someone's pot roast and she's no longer in the mess hall, it's a surgical scalpel being used to cut her open when Oberoth and the Replicators were experimenting on her. Or in one of the standalone episodes where she's off-world with the team, something might trigger her memory of the Clone!Team from TMC, and she relives the death of her clone.

Everyone else's doubts about Elizabeth will have been resolved by the end of Lockdown, so in a sense, by House of Mirrors, we'll have seen the situation reversed from where it was in Primum Movens, when everyone doubted Elizabeth, but she was confident in herself, to the point of being angry with everyone for not believing her. Now, everyone believes in her, but she's doubting herself. I think what it may take to 'save' her is for her to see something that breaks through the nightmares, something so unexpected (to her) that she'll know it can't be an illusion that Oberoth made up to torture her. Like, perhaps, John finally telling her how he really feels about her. Oberoth wouldn't have tried to create an illusion like that, because Elizabeth was too firm in her own belief that John would never say it. That is, if we want to do that this soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X