No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on SS6: Did we decide when we're going to have that little "accident" with the laundry that sends everyone back into the old-school uniforms? It probably should be early; I was thinking maybe as a comedic B-storyline in Episode 3 to contrast with the A-story dealing with what to do about Todd. Thoughts, anyone?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Honey, I shrunk the laundry.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        SR I am so sorry Mother Nature has interrupted your vacation plans. I hope that, even if you lose two days, the remaining ones are so chock full of fun that you have an AMAZING time!

And, hubby isn't on GW, so I'll have to convince him to get on so we can assign him to the set building crew, LOL. Although, he is quite the beer expert (Old Chicago beer tour anyone?) so perhaps he can also assist with product placement if we decide to weave in a little recreational beverage theme in the show. hehehehehe

And, as your entertainment director....
        When: Today @ 4pm
        Where: Roller-A-Rama
        Who: Cast, Crew & Staff of Sparky Season 6
        What: Roller Skating Extravaganza (lights, music, appetizers and beverages)
        Why: Because it's Monday and SR needs a good long laugh before getting out of town
        Cool! *falls flat on face and goes to sit by the food*

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
        *sticks head in* Been awhile since I visited here. My interest in sparky has been coming back somewhat of late I've been writing a little and I created a couple of things. I was playing with an app on my ipod and thought you all might like the results.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/sglab/photoV.jpg
        http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ab/photov3.jpg
        Oh! Hahaha! Love those!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        The trouble is, TPTW just couldn't do it right.

I love France. I think the SS6 crew needs to have a retreat there while we're doing the planning and plotting for SS7.
        Now there's an idea! Definitely gets my vote.

Question on SS6: Did we decide when we're going to have that little "accident" with the laundry that sends everyone back into the old-school uniforms? It probably should be early; I was thinking maybe as a comedic B-storyline in Episode 3 to contrast with the A-story dealing with what to do about Todd. Thoughts, anyone?
        I like the idea. But would it be too much of a contrast with the Todd story? I suppose if we made the B-storyline the entire city trying to re-adjust to being back in the Pegasus Galaxy and made that a part of it then it would work pretty well.

I can kinda see it:
        Spoiler:
        John is walking down a hallway and comes up on Rodney.
        SHEPPARD: Hey, Rodney, did you... what's with the old jacket?
        MCKAY: *makes an annoyed face* There was some kind of accident in the section of the city/ship that was transporting all the extra uniforms. I think they're all floating around in the gap between galaxies somewhere, so we're stuck with these old ones for now.
        SHEPPARD: *pretends to sound interested for about two seconds* Too bad. Hey... *gets back to whatever question he was going to ask*

Anyway... *can think of nothing to contribute to the interesting serious discussion and so drops off a new sig instead*
        Spoiler:

sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Taking a break from the roller skating bonaza to encourage all of you that haven't made it yet to come on out!

The limbo contest in the first hour was lots of fun - of course, the lemming won (unfair height advantage on that one, I think)...but Rachel and Torri, with their yoga trained bodies, were a close 2nd & 3rd respectively.

The wheels are spinning, the music is thumping, the lights are flashing and the drinks are flowing....come on out and join the fun!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

ROTFLMAO!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Cool! *falls flat on face and goes to sit by the food*
            *passes over some ice for the bruises and a slice of pizza*

I like the idea. But would it be too much of a contrast with the Todd story? I suppose if we made the B-storyline the entire city trying to re-adjust to being back in the Pegasus Galaxy and made that a part of it then it would work pretty well.

I can kinda see it:
            Spoiler:
            John is walking down a hallway and comes up on Rodney.
            SHEPPARD: Hey, Rodney, did you... what's with the old jacket?
            MCKAY: *makes an annoyed face* There was some kind of accident in the section of the city/ship that was transporting all the extra uniforms. I think they're all floating around in the gap between galaxies somewhere, so we're stuck with these old ones for now.
            SHEPPARD: *pretends to sound interested for about two seconds* Too bad. Hey... *gets back to whatever question he was going to ask*
            I think that'll work very well!

Anyway... *can think of nothing to contribute to the interesting serious discussion and so drops off a new sig instead*
            Spoiler:

New pretties! *snerches*

Taking a break from the roller skating bonaza to encourage all of you that haven't made it yet to come on out!

The limbo contest in the first hour was lots of fun - of course, the lemming won (unfair height advantage on that one, I think)...but Rachel and Torri, with their yoga trained bodies, were a close 2nd & 3rd respectively.

The wheels are spinning, the music is thumping, the lights are flashing and the drinks are flowing....come on out and join the fun!
            I wonder if we should start taking bets on who's going to spike the punch? The smart money would probably say Joe or Jason...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!

*passes over some ice for the bruises and a slice of pizza*

I think that'll work very well!

New pretties! *snerches*

I wonder if we should start taking bets on who's going to spike the punch? The smart money would probably say Joe or Jason...
              spiked punch?
              *tightens up roller blades and takes off* (can't do roller skates anymore....i seriously have forgotten how...)
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                spiked punch?
                *tightens up roller blades and takes off* (can't do roller skates anymore....i seriously have forgotten how...)
                Hey everybody, the truck from Anheuser-Busch with the cases of Bud that Joe ordered is here!

Comment

Did y'all mention laundry? Here's an old one about just that.

Spoiler:
                  The Hot Cycle

John Sheppard carried his laundry basket through the halls of Atlantis frustrated at how the day had been going. He almost got blown up by the Wraith earlier, the mess hall ran out of turkey sandwiches, and now most of the water was out in the city. The transporters were also down for routine maintenance, so he was forced to carry his laundry to the other side of the city where the only functional set of washing machines were located.

“Excuse me John,” Teyla stopped approaching John.

“Hey Teyla, what’s up?” John asked.

“You dropped these,” Teyla crinkled her face and held out a pair of green boot socks.

“Thanks. This water thing is a killing me,” John replied.

“It has many people on the base upset,” Teyla responded.

“Well, I better hurry and get a washing machine before they’re all taken,” John said as he gestured at his basket.

“Your clothes are in a great need for washing,” Teyla face crinkled again thinking about John’s smelly socks.

John continued on his way to the laundry room. He wondered why Teyla would comment about his laundry. He grabbed a t-shirt and gave it a sniff. John’s face contorted and he agreed with Teyla; his clothes definitely needed a good washing.

He finally arrived in the laundry room and saw six out of the seven washing machines in use. Zelenka was repairing one and John could hear his Czech friend cursing in his native tongue.

“Good afternoon, Colonel,” Lorne came into the laundry.

“Good afternoon, Major,” John returned.

“Well sir, I’m pulling out my load. The washer is all yours,” Lorne spoke as he started moving his clothes from the washer to the dryer.

“Cool thanks. I don’t suppose you happen to have a turkey sandwich on you?” John joked.

“No sir,” Lorne responded with a laugh and exited the room.

“I think these are yours,” Elizabeth grinned and held up a pair of boxers with yellow smiley faces on them.

“Um, yeah,” John took the boxers trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Are there any open machines?” Elizabeth asked.

“I was gonna wash my stuff, but you can go first,” John answered.

“No, I can wait,” Elizabeth replied.

“It’s cool.”

“I wouldn’t want to line jump.”

“I don’t mind.”

“From what I can smell, you need to go first.”

John gave Elizabeth a look and she answered with a brow raise. He really did need to wash his clothes, but John was still old fashioned and thought ladies first.

“We can wash our clothes together,” Elizabeth offered as a compromise.

“You sure you want them mixing with my stinky skivvies,” John threw back in sarcasm a little upset about Elizabeth’s smell comment.

“John. I was just kidding. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings,” Elizabeth set down her basket and put her hand on John’s shoulder.

“Don’t expect us to start having slumber parties and braiding each other’s hair,” John replied dryly.

“We could just paint our nails,” Elizabeth responded in kind.

John and Elizabeth started putting their clothes into the washing machine. Despite popular belief on Atlantis, he was not a cad. He tried focusing on his own laundry instead of ogling Elizabeth’s underwear. But alas, he was still a man.

“What?” Elizabeth grinned at John.

“Oh, uh, nothing,” John averted his gaze at a pair of lacy red panties Elizabeth was putting in the machine.

“John Sheppard, don’t tell me you’ve never seen a pair of women’s panties,” Elizabeth was starting to enjoy teasing John.

“No,” John began with a look of surprise, “I’ve seen lots of women’s underwear.” John turned on the washing machine.

“Really... Kirk,” Elizabeth grinned and raised her brow.

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Like you know, when you go to the store. You gotta walk by other stuff.”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“What? I mean I do okay with the girls. Not that I go out trying to do that... I’m not a ‘player’... or something.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Open foot insert mouth.”

Elizabeth finally broke into a full out laugh. John looked at her stunned, then started laughing himself. The two continued to converse while the washing machine ran. Instead of missions, supplies, and the Wraith dominating the conversation, John and Elizabeth shared friendly banter back and forth.

John and Elizabeth forgot about Zelenka in the corner fixing a broken washing machine. He shook his head and mumbled something about “teenagers in love” in his native tongue. He could not wait to get this little laundry day episode into the grapevine.

“Washing machine’s done,” John heard the buzzer.

“Okay, I’ll grab a Bounce dryer sheet,” Elizabeth reached for the box in her basket.

“What the hell!” John yelled seeing all his white underwear and t-shirts had turned pink.

“What happened?” Elizabeth paused from moving clothes to the dryer while she held one of her red shirts.

“They’re pink,” John’s shoulders dropped and dejection on his face.

Elizabeth looked at the settings on the washing machine.

“John, you left the wash cycle on hot,” Elizabeth began laughing.

Maybe, just maybe if Y'all are good sparkies I'll check my Y-chromosome for a bit and deliver some super sappy, mushy gushy, Valentine's Day sparky treat. (I'll try and avoid Buddy Holly, but the 2:00 minute time makes them easy ones to use. And they're really good songs.)
                  "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Definitely give Vegas another look, it's a great episode, and they clearly put a lot of time and effort into making it look good. I only wish they'd put as much effort into the rest of the show!

Highlander! Damn, I miss that show. *pets Duncan*
                    So true. RCC got pretty much anything he wanted. *points at Sateda* See what they could have done with more money. I just read something recently about JF being all excited about the Johnny Cash song. *pets Joe*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Also, Vegas is the only true Shepisode we've got, and it gives GREAT insight into John. There is a reason why Vegas John didn't turn out quite as our John. And there is sparky in Vegas too.
                    And a reason why Vegas is the least popular episode of all episodes of every show ever made in some circles.

Huh? I forgot this but it sounds cute. I remember Rodney saying in TMC to the other Rodney that the old uniforms bunched up under the arms. And JF tells me there's no way we're getting him back in the old stuff. Who told him? Probie!!!!! I have got to learn French.

Ow! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Shoveling snow + skating= pain.

Hey everybody, the truck from Anheuser-Busch with the cases of Bud that Joe ordered is here!
                    Woot! So he does still have connections. Thanks Joe. *snatches a cold one from Jason*

And more bad news when I got back from skating. My flight out tomorrow has been canceled. We're expecting another foot of snow. We have a flight on Thursday that may or may not go. This is getting ridiculous. Now we're just praying we can get to Key West by Friday. The family keeps calling and calling and texting and emailing and telling us how beautiful it is. I hate them.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      Did y'all mention laundry? Here's an old one about just that.
                      The Hot Cycle! Ah, that was a good one!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      Maybe, just maybe if Y'all are good sparkies I'll check my Y-chromosome for a bit and deliver some super sappy, mushy gushy, Valentine's Day sparky treat. (I'll try and avoid Buddy Holly, but the 2:00 minute time makes them easy ones to use. And they're really good songs.)
                      Sweeet! I'll bring the red velvet cupcakes!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      So true. RCC got pretty much anything he wanted. *points at Sateda* See what they could have done with more money. I just read something recently about JF being all excited about the Johnny Cash song. *pets Joe*
                      Heehee!

And a reason why Vegas is the least popular episode of all episodes of every show ever made in some circles.
                      *snerks* Well, we all agree with Joe. Vegas rocked!

Huh? I forgot this but it sounds cute. I remember Rodney saying in TMC to the other Rodney that the old uniforms bunched up under the arms. And JF tells me there's no way we're getting him back in the old stuff. Who told him? Probie!!!!! I have got to learn French.
                      Oh no, remember, it's only the new civilian uniforms that will be meeting with doom, so Joe will be safe in his black BDUs. And the rest of the military characters will be switching to BDUs as well... hmm, maybe we should do that part of the changeover while Atlantis is still on Earth? I know Kavan's been looking forward to getting some more comfy clothes for a while.

That's right, there was that bunching issue... Perhaps after the new uniforms get turned into space mulch, it comes out that various expedition members thought the new jackets were too tight around the chest and no one liked the flared cuffs on the jacket sleeves because they looked like "rejects from a bad sci-fi movie from the 70s." (I'm for Kusunagi or Zelenka shooting off that line.) So for the Atlantis uniform, Version 3.0, they go back to the 1.0 design, but this time the armholes are cut looser, and all the ladies get the much more flattering longer tunic-style jackets like Weir had. Everyone's happy.

Woot! So he does still have connections. Thanks Joe. *snatches a cold one from Jason*
                      He sure takes care of us, doesn't he? *clinks bottles with SR*

And more bad news when I got back from skating. My flight out tomorrow has been canceled. We're expecting another foot of snow. We have a flight on Thursday that may or may not go. This is getting ridiculous. Now we're just praying we can get to Key West by Friday. The family keeps calling and calling and texting and emailing and telling us how beautiful it is. I hate them.
                      Ohnoes! That's not happy news, I know you've been looking forward to that trip for a while! *huggles*

Comment

They probably have american washing machines... How you can shrink your clothes with it remains a mystery to me. They have "warm" and "cold". How's that for proper washing. You need 30°C, 40°C, 60°C and 95°C...

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        spiked punch?
                        No, you don't forget things like that. It's like bycicling!

I don't want to go to work - so much to do today. I want to go back to bed... *sigh*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

SR I am so sorry your family vacation is getting screwed over. Here.....have a mimosa. And another one...... (HUGS)
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Watching the end of The Storm right now... Kolya's threatening to kill Weir, and John suddenly switches from being all pissy with Kolya to getting desperate and begging for Weir's life. You don't do that for someone who's just your "boss." Hah.
                            EEEEEEEEEEE!! I'm saving, I'm saving it until tomorrow after "The Eye" comes on.

Ow! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Shoveling snow + skating= pain.

Awwww! I hope you get out! That really sucks!

The Hot Cycle! Ah, that was a good one!

Sweeet! I'll bring the red velvet cupcakes!

Heehee!

*snerks* Well, we all agree with Joe. Vegas rocked!

Oh no, remember, it's only the new civilian uniforms that will be meeting with doom, so Joe will be safe in his black BDUs. And the rest of the military characters will be switching to BDUs as well... hmm, maybe we should do that part of the changeover while Atlantis is still on Earth? I know Kavan's been looking forward to getting some more comfy clothes for a while.

That's right, there was that bunching issue... Perhaps after the new uniforms get turned into space mulch, it comes out that various expedition members thought the new jackets were too tight around the chest and no one liked the flared cuffs on the jacket sleeves because they looked like "rejects from a bad sci-fi movie from the 70s." (I'm for Kusunagi or Zelenka shooting off that line.) So for the Atlantis uniform, Version 3.0, they go back to the 1.0 design, but this time the armholes are cut looser, and all the ladies get the much more flattering longer tunic-style jackets like Weir had. Everyone's happy.

He sure takes care of us, doesn't he? *clinks bottles with SR*

Ohnoes! That's not happy news, I know you've been looking forward to that trip for a while! *huggles*
                            In the spirit of current news, why don't you have them get recalled (the new ones)? I don't know if it makes sense for the entire expedition to have spare uniforms on hand when the laundry accident happens, so what if Nancy has something to do with the change in uniforms?

EDIT: Oh, and SMB, thanks for organizing the roller rink! I had to stay away from the beer (one too many Cranberry vodka drinks on Superbowl Sunday) but I loved the roller skating. And here I was thinking I wasn't going to get exercise for the day...
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                              They probably have american washing machines... How you can shrink your clothes with it remains a mystery to me. They have "warm" and "cold". How's that for proper washing. You need 30°C, 40°C, 60°C and 95°C...

No, you don't forget things like that. It's like bycicling!

I don't want to go to work - so much to do today. I want to go back to bed... *sigh*
                              We also have a "hot" setting. And it's not the washing machines that shrink the clothes it's either the cheap materials that the clothes are made out of or the dryer that shrinks them.

SR I am so sorry your family vacation is getting screwed over. Here.....have a mimosa. And another one...... (HUGS)
                              I think we're not going to make it out at all. There's another major storm on the way. We've decided we'll likely reschedule for later. Luckily we have travel insurance.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

We also have a "hot" setting. And it's not the washing machines that shrink the clothes it's either the cheap materials that the clothes are made out of or the dryer that shrinks them.

I think we're not going to make it out at all. There's another major storm on the way. We've decided we'll likely reschedule for later. Luckily we have travel insurance.
                                Awww. *pouts* That's sad.

Well, we need to do something for your birthday to cheer you up. What do you want?
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X