Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Well, she can just do publicity for us in France, and then offer the translations from English to French YOU do into Portuguese.

Uh, since he owns a part of Bud, or something, is that really good bait? Wouldn't he have that on hand?

Maybe offer him something he doesn't get a lot of? What else does he like?
    His family sold the beer company to InBev for *dies laughing* $8 billion but I don't think the former chairman of the board Joe's cousin Gussie still has much to do with the company. He's the one Joe called for the beer. That's August Busch IV.

He also likes single malt scotch. He mentioned Lagavulin once which is very expensive but I think we can spring for it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm out of antihistamins. I'm so *****ed!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        His family sold the beer company to InBev for *dies laughing* $8 billion but I don't think the former chairman of the board Joe's cousin Gussie still has much to do with the company. He's the one Joe called for the beer. That's August Busch IV.

He also likes single malt scotch. He mentioned Lagavulin once which is very expensive but I think we can spring for it.
        Well, darnit, if I'd known that about Lagavulin I would have picked up some when I was in Scotland last year.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          I'm out of antihistamins. I'm so *****ed!
          Yikes. I know that feeling. So sorry. *hands out hankies*

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            Probie can translate for Brazil too...they speak Portuguese there, right?

It's not even an update...I downloaded VLC to copy a dvd and practice taking screencaps and can't even understand the tutorial let alone figure out how to do it on my own...I'm so frustrated (and hubby, the computer geek that he is, has no interest in stuff like this so he has NO idea how to help and can't be bothered to figure it out....)
            I have VLC but have only used it to play vids that won't play on my Mac with Quicktime. Not that I would understand it if I tried. I've found that a lot of software just doesn't work the way they tell you it does and you have to use trial and error.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a proposition: I can hit behind the head, tie him, carry him and put him in your office SR? He will be not happy but it's free.lol

Time to watch "House". See you later.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I have VLC but have only used it to play vids that won't play on my Mac with Quicktime. Not that I would understand it if I tried. I've found that a lot of software just doesn't work the way they tell you it does and you have to use trial and error.
                That's what I've been doing but I'm too....cranky, we'll say....to be patient enough to figure it out. I'll have to wait a couple days and try again....
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Well, darnit, if I'd known that about Lagavulin I would have picked up some when I was in Scotland last year.
                  Personally the peaty scotches are not my faves. My son likes Laphroaig which is a rival of Lagavulin and only costs an arm and a leg instead of two of each. To me it tastes like really bad mouthwash. But I like the single malts without that smoky peat taste. Lagavulin was founded by one of my husband's distant ancestors. OMG. I have to tell Joe we have something in common. Sort of. But we never made any money from the scotch.
                  sigpic

Comment

Where is the difference between scotch and whiskey?

Yikes. I know that feeling. So sorry. *hands out hankies*
                    Thank you! *sneezes on thread* I hate being the immunologist with the mouse allergy.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Time to watch "House". See you later.
                    *hehe* House is also on over here

Comment

Thank you! *sneezes on thread* I hate being the immunologist with the mouse allergy.
                      How convenient for you.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        That's what I've been doing but I'm too....cranky, we'll say....to be patient enough to figure it out. I'll have to wait a couple days and try again....
                        Yep, same story for me and VLC. About 5 iterations ago it was an awesome media player, and then it got too big for its britches and became VERY buggy. Now I can't use it anymore.

I think Scotch is a type of whiskey made in Scotland and has to be certified 'Scotch Whiskey' by their official licensing committee or something. I remember that being something I read in the Scotch distilleries in Edinburgh. Whiskey is a more general term for a grain-based alcohol and can be produced anywhere.

Comment

Here is an explanation that will make you LOL and give you a headache. It depends on where you live and the makers of the booze are all so very serious about it. Notice all the different ways to spell whisky whiskey. So IMHO whiskey is pretty much any drink made from grain of one sort or another. Scotch is a kind of whiskey. There's also bourbon, rye and a few others.
                          sigpic

Comment

Scotch vs. Whiskey.....

http://www.bluekitchen.net/whiskeyterms.html

And this guy, on FLN, has a funny show called "Three Sheets". I think, on one of the episodes, they did a whole explanation of Scotch vs. Whiskey. This is the link to the show, not sure which episode it was....

http://www.fineliving.com/fine/pac_c..._87923,00.html

And, the next Sparky Season 6 shindig (love that term, Eri, use it all the time) is coming soon. Something centered around food, I think......I'm still bruised and sore from all the skating. I never realized roller skating could be a full body contact sport.....OUCH!
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

I think Scotch is a type of whiskey made in Scotland and has to be certified 'Scotch Whiskey' by their official licensing committee or something. I remember that being something I read in the Scotch distilleries in Edinburgh. Whiskey is a more general term for a grain-based alcohol and can be produced anywhere.
                              Oh, okay. I drink mostly scottish and irish whiskey, and just call it whiskey. I love the 18 year old Glenfiddich. (mostly -> for Christmas & Graduations )

Comment

Uh, since he owns a part of Bud, or something, is that really good bait? Wouldn't he have that on hand?

Maybe offer him something he doesn't get a lot of? What else does he like?
                                There's no such thing as too much Bud. The Lagavulin is a good idea, though. I recall seeing a boxed bottle of whiskey sitting on the table at his autograph session at the LAX con last November; someone must've given him a bottle as a gift.

He likes it when we fight over him. *smirks*
                                *snickers*

She was too thin at the start of S1, but then she gained a bit of weight, I think. Now she's back to too thin.
                                Who's in charge of craft services and catering for the cast? Get her some mac & cheese with bacon.

"I think the writers learned a bit from battlestar." -> Nice euphemism for they copied it. And 4th independant person to say that in the last couple of days!
                                LOL! And you just know some people will interpret that comment to mean that she thinks it's a good direction for the show.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                                And, the next Sparky Season 6 shindig (love that term, Eri, use it all the time) is coming soon. Something centered around food, I think......I'm still bruised and sore from all the skating. I never realized roller skating could be a full body contact sport.....OUCH!
                                Mmmm... food.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X