Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    ...some of which also have voting systems so that people who disagree with you can "neg" you into oblivion. Which is not petty of them at all.
    As you know GW has the greening system, but there used to be red reputation also which subtracted rep-points. You can imagine the abuse there. Then again, some made it a sport to get as much red rep as possible.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Challenge #83 was Darkness Falls, focusing on the night and/or the moon.

sorry I am little late, GW was down for me today. Also, Raduzhok meant to send in a fan fic for this challenge but I didn't get it. If she happens to send it to me I will do an update and include it.

***added
      raduzhok
      Spoiler:

HUNGER

cant go out… the sun’s still up. the siege continues. captured here by wants and needs. figuring out how to tunnel to other parts of this putrid smelling tomb. is there anybody out there? waiting to hunt, to sate the need, unless you got one tiny tidbit on ice in a cage or dangling from the tethers that secure them spread eagle to the cross of intoxication…

i hope in the future world they have some clean-up crew that comes right after dining like some maid service clearing a table. just take the body and whisk it away. would be sweet. no muss, no fuss. twenty-first century’s got a long way to go before we get to that point though.

hunger hangs like a second skin on the body, sniffing at the passing scents, the pulsing blood flowing through veins that still beat with warmth in them.

time
      tick tocking by
      slick licking of lips
      the fever boils inside
      the need
      hunger

i tunneled thru to explore… the walls are crumbling and the sounds from the other cells are like obscured thoughts where momentary images crawl up from the base of the spine, sucking at the marrow of my bones; all that’s left. but I can feed on these images and on the mewling in the foul air. it's not only blood upon which we feed, but essence, energy, like leeches latching onto a fat plump succulent limb, sapping it of all. symbiosis. its all there is in life. don’t think anyone escapes that path. you cant. we all feed on each other.

a long winding passage brings me to a bevy of cells. listening. there’s breathing on the other side. crying in that one. I touch a finger to the soft clay and rub, closing my eyes as if feeling the clammy flesh of the one who inhabits that chamber. the crying stops with an intake of breath. it waits to feel. i can see it in my mind’s eye, crouched in its corner, arms hugging drawn up legs to its body. i think spider; wrapping this one in a cocoon for later consumption. it feels me here. it holds its breath and reaches out tentatively with its mind. i turn and move on, leaving it wanting, letting the craving build, slowly, filling it with the essence i need.

wait for the return I tell it within my mind.

i am gone.

we are all asleep dreaming dreams of the coitus of blood love. here in the dark in my cell i listen to the stirrings as my companions wrestle with their sleep demons; some moaning, others groaning and occasional gasps… exclamations of terror. of what are they afraid? the little squeaks and scampering feet of our rodent visitors? it’s just their memory of that fear since we now might sup on them if they come too near.

i stare sightless at the ceiling through closed lids, hearing, smelling, even tasting the scent that comes to me. thoughts roam backward to treasured memories; the seductions, the takings, the draining. the thrill of the chase, not for the sake of the chase but for the sense of the thing being hunted. its heart beats a booming sound into the air. it hides when there are no hiding places for sight is not what finds them but their smell draws us to them. as all animals hunt so do we. the sound of the precious blood flowing through them, the prized odor of essence emanating out from them with each breath. remembering perching above staring down at it, crouched behind a wall of stacked boxes. it shivered so visibly and i felt myself growing hard with excitement, fangs descending, eyes flashing bestial colors and the last sound it heard before it was snatched up, a guttural purring. down quickly like a hawk swoops at its prey and grabbing it up, finding a suddenly compact universe of skin and breath and hair, making love to it for it has known that the end is exquisite agony erupting from it as it releases, unwilling at first. the flow filling me brought me the lifetime of this one, its tears and fears and joys and ploys and wild amorous fuss when held within the clutches of passion. hands lash out at me but i feel the flower blossom within its loins; higher, nearer, almost there. i pause feeling the raging climax flood the very fabric of its being, enjoying my own exultation. but it is now just a memory.

waiting for the killing light to disappear below the horizon. taunting. what if the sun were to never set? if the earth stopped turning with the death rays searing the very ground under which i lie. would I die? would the soil crack deep, a fissure zig zagging down, letting the life draining light slice into my flesh with its razor sharp teeth? my eyes snap open, and had i a beating heart it would be hammering. a dream. just a terrible dream. which makes one wonder what dreams may come when you ‘shuffle off the mortal coil?’ and what of those without the mortal coil, draped instead in a soulless shroud which looks every bit human until the beast arises, glowing eyes, descending fangs and hunger; a deep dark abyss of hunger, never ending hunger, need of bloodlust.

i climb up the wall and peer in through the small air vent at her, huddled in the corner, fear seeping out of every pour. ah yes, she still shudders at the stirring she hears that comes from this side of the wall. she knows what i am, dreams of my entering her chamber, pulling her from her pallet and hanging her from the manacles attached to cinderblock walls. these do not stretch her body taut as the rack had done eons ago.

rather, they allow her to struggle, but only until she realizes it is useless. the tatters of her clothes hide nothing from my eyes and she blushes, sending her scent out to me, not that it is ever hidden. she shrinks back, in her dream, trying but unable to escape as my hands trace across her soft pulsing skin, opening tiny slits on the surface giving birth to sweet delicious drops of the elixir of life. in her dream, my tongue slides across these slivers of rivers of blood. is that a moan? a need growing within her to feel the full flower of being used thus? her heart beats wildly in her breast.
      i will come for you, I whisper.

her sleep is a tiny space into which she crawls for solace, for surcease. i watch the rise and fall of her breathing, hear the sweet sound of her life flowing, if not peacefully, perhaps with anticipation and an uncontrollable longing. kneeling next to her, i reach out caressing her warm flesh, my touch light, as if a feather, brushing across the landscape of her body. the moment stretches out, and then i am upon her.

she is caught between pleasure and pain, her life a moving picture inside my head, as my own fills her mind with the tale of the lives taken that i may live. do we not all feed off each other? is it not a symbiotic union; exquisite in its tenor and at the same time the stunning reality of her end. within those last moments, she knows the famine and she knows the feast as her body screams for the life draining from her while it fills with the eons of all the last moments of those upon whom we sup. i feel the quiver of release as her body betrays her, convulsing in orgasm.
      turning momentarily, i drink in the image of her deathly slumber. her life is not lost for it will be remembered within each fount from which i drink.

outside, the night air is fresh and cool, a wind sweeping across the desert, washing away that which has turned to dust. “well done,” the voice of my sire whispers, and she takes my hand, leading me toward the maze that is her personal domain. each of the three monoliths are but a silhouette against the jeweled sky.

taris-eirien
      A fanfic illustration

jadedwraith

ohalis

Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 27 July 2015, 05:59 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #84

This week's challenge is Fly Away. Focus your art and/or fan fic on all things that fly. Birds, planes, bugs, superheroes, etc. Have fun!

Friendly reminder, you can always use "old" art or fan fic, if you have done something previously that would fit the challenge. Also, there are rarely any hard and fast rules, so feel free to use your imagination. If you think it "flies", then it counts for this challenge. The focus is to have fun, write, and make art!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday August 3rd.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          As you know GW has the greening system, but there used to be red reputation also which subtracted rep-points. You can imagine the abuse there. Then again, some made it a sport to get as much red rep as possible.
          Ha, some people definitely try to lose rep points on purpose. What's annoying about the other sites is that it's anonymous, so people who lurk the threads can downvote anything they don't like - anything at all - and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It shows up on the actual posts themselves, not just on your profile, so it's like a red flag to anyone reading your post that it might be bad, even though it's probably just an unpopular opinion, if even that.
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Made it very far into season 3 yet?

YA fantasy is something I've only started reading recently, having rejected YA books in high school and most of college. Have you read Cinder?
            Finished season three. Have not read that book. I'm re-reading Garth Nix novels.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'd be doomed. I'm full of unpopular opinions.

Comment

I only got one red in those days which was a slight disappointment considering some of my posts. I like to think I just outthought them and they couldn't decide how to respond, but that may just be me.

But it was amazing how 2 people could view the same scene as completely opposite. For example, if you saw John and Elizabeth on the balcony talking quietly about how people were trying to kill them and what they could do about it, some would see how close they worked together and how much in harmony they were (shippy or not) and some would see it as John completely disagreeing with her and thinking she was a whackjob, while others saw her as mooning over him like a school girl and making bad decisions that were likely to get everyone killed quicker. Plus, there were a lot of variations in between. I guess I just never did understand people, especially those on the internet.

That you are, but we love you anyway.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heh, so am I. Just about different things.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I only got one red in those days which was a slight disappointment considering some of my posts. I like to think I just outthought them and they couldn't decide how to respond, but that may just be me.

But it was amazing how 2 people could view the same scene as completely opposite. For example, if you saw John and Elizabeth on the balcony talking quietly about how people were trying to kill them and what they could do about it, some would see how close they worked together and how much in harmony they were (shippy or not) and some would see it as John completely disagreeing with her and thinking she was a whackjob, while others saw her as mooning over him like a school girl and making bad decisions that were likely to get everyone killed quicker. Plus, there were a lot of variations in between. I guess I just never did understand people, especially those on the internet.
                  *snorts* Seriously, you have to wonder if some of those people were even really watching the show or just reading what others were saying about it...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oooh, gorgeous entries and I loved the fic from raduzhok

I wouldn't touch the Legacy books with a 10-foot pole.
                    Is it sick of me that now I'm actually tempted to read one of them for the comedic value?
                    I find them fascinating in a trainwreck sort of way, but probably not enough to read them.

From what I've seen around the internet, it seems to me that the chemistry and sexual tension between John and Liz was noted by a lot of people who didn't normally ship characters or who couldn't have cared less if any of them got together. They just clicked, and they were subtle enough to not annoy non-shippers.
                    Yeah, I'm generally a non-shipper but there's something about John and Elizabeth that really works for me. The first episode I saw was The Real World though, so that may have skewed my opinion.

I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind what other people see, both alternative character interpretation and anti-shipping goggles are tropes. But that doesn't seem to make it any easier.

Comment

They were plotting on that balcony -- plotting world domination as Mr. and Mrs. Evil.

Actually, that's kinda romantic.

Comment

I've finally begun my SGA re-watch! It was the only thing to get me through Heroes.

Of course, since I'm watching everything in the order that it was broadcast, I have a lot of switching between shows ahead of me. I'm really looking forward to the Storm and the Eye, though, for reasons . Also, if the dates I'm looking at are correct, I'll have a mini SGA marathon starting with that two-parter. I don't know the reasons why both shows have gaps in their air dates (if those are even accurate dates listed online), but it makes for a weird viewing order.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        Finished season three. Have not read that book. I'm re-reading Garth Nix novels.
                        Have you watched any exceptionally creepy episodes yet? I'm just dying to start my X-Files re-watch, but I resolutely refuse to until I'm finally done with Stargate. It would be nice to have a more suspenseful and dark sci-fi counterpart to Stargate, though...

I've heard of Garth Nix but haven't read any of them. I'd better not look them up since my Goodreads list is long enough as is.

At least people here aren't afraid to share them. On those sites, people just kiss other people's a**es for upvotes. It's annoying on many levels.

Sounds like they made up their mind about her before she even stepped onto the screen for the first time.
                        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

There is an unending list of books to read or re-read. I actually skipped some of the X-Files episodes that sounded creepy or gross.

For shows, now unto season one of Once Upon A Time.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

They were plotting on that balcony -- plotting world domination as Mr. and Mrs. Evil.

Actually, that's kinda romantic.
                            I like it! Another!

I've finally begun my SGA re-watch! It was the only thing to get me through Heroes.

Of course, since I'm watching everything in the order that it was broadcast, I have a lot of switching between shows ahead of me. I'm really looking forward to the Storm and the Eye, though, for reasons . Also, if the dates I'm looking at are correct, I'll have a mini SGA marathon starting with that two-parter. I don't know the reasons why both shows have gaps in their air dates (if those are even accurate dates listed online), but it makes for a weird viewing order.
                            Whoa, I don't envy you the headache of sorting that out.

Sounds like they made up their mind about her before she even stepped onto the screen for the first time.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              There is an unending list of books to read or re-read. I actually skipped some of the X-Files episodes that sounded creepy or gross.

For shows, now unto season one of Once Upon A Time.
                              The creepy ones were our favorites. Mr. SR and I got a bit tired of the UFO storyline with Mulder and his sister and all that.

We liked OUaT for a couple of years but gave up on it when they jumped a whole school of sharks.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                I like it! Another!
                                Didn't someone do a manip once of Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Sheppard and Weir instead of Brad and Angelina? Or is my mind just hinting at me to create it myself...

It could make for a good crackfic - with Sheppard growing a moustache. Or is that overkill?

Comment

Working...
                                X