Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Teyla/Kate of course.
    I secretly pair Kate/ Radek. My other main ship is Teyla/ Ronon.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      I secretly pair Kate/ Radek.
      Sweet.

Sadly, also a very rare pairing...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Yes, but I haven't moved in 31 years. I live in a 2-story house with a full basement. Every possible nook and cranny is full of something. And, to top that off, Mr. SR's ancient aunt is giving away family "heirlooms." As the oldest male relative, he has become the recipient of anything that she has declared must be preserved, from the family soup tureen to a beer stein that somebody brought from Ireland in the 1800's. Over Christmas, I whispered "ebay" in Mrs. SR Jr's ear. It shall end with this generation! Sigh.
        Moving gets easier the more you do it Mr SR's aunt sounds like she has some cool stuff!

Had a very good day for a birthday - no snow, but oh well I can live with that. I'm going to the Netherlands halfway February to an indoor ski-slope at Landgraaf. Gonna spend a sunday morning pretending to be in the Alps or something.

That is so cool - but that's probably just me.

I squee'd my heart out when my grandfather gave me a coin dating back to 1914, so yeah probably just me.
        Jeepers, a pre-war (sort of) coin? He did well to keep track of something so tiny for all that time

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        You're welcome.

Soul searching sucks but can be very enlightening.

Just like this last batch, they made me smile. That's all that matters in my book.
        Aw, thanks

Books! OMG. Mr. SR wants to get rid of some of our books. Fiction I'm okay with. Well some of it. Nobody is throwing away my hard copy of Wind in the Willows, but I digress. I have a bunch of old textbooks I grabbed when I was teaching. You know, those big anthologies of literature that have all the fabulous short stories and excerpts from great books. Who in their right mind is going to throw those out or get rid of them? What?

Not just you. The stein has a prominent place and you're not allowed to pick it up by the handle. LOL I also have a small ceramic item that belonged to my great grandmother which survived the Civil War. Some years later my family lost their farm and my grandmother and her sibs ended up in an orphanage, but she wrapped this little thing in a shawl and kept it with her. So, I can't get rid of it, nor do I want to. It's probably worthless because it's cracked, but worth a lot to me.
        Holy Hannah, your great great grandmother....that's some real grit

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        My house was bought in 1955. There have been 8 different people living in it through the years, and none of us were ever good housekeepers. I have so much crap everywhere that I have no idea how long it would even take to clean the whole thing out.

People keep asking me if I'll move to a condo or smaller house now that I'm alone. (First, kinda insensitive just a few months after my aunt passed). Then I just think - dude, you wanna come deal with 3 generations of stuff? I mean, we still have a whole bunch of my grandmother's furniture and various other items.

Moral of the story - don't ever let it get that bad. And when siblings/kids move out, make a rule that anything they don't take with them gets trashed.
        Everybody has an opinion on everything, myself included. Do what you feel comfortable with, when you feel comfortable doing it

Oh but we still have the huge collection of Matchbox cars. And a big box of random disconnected Legos.
        When did they become Legos? It was just Lego when I was a kid

I have a friend who's a member of a lego-builders club and they organize an event every year. It's really hard not to buy more stuff when I'm there. We get invited to entertain the audience dressed as Star Wars characters, or other characters. First time I scared the kids as a Sith Lord (they couldn't tell whether there was a girl or a boy hidden underneath all that cloak) from Star Wars. Second edition, I went as a medieval archer; and the previous edition in November I walked around as a member of a Stargate team and people actually recognized me. And my blackhawk vest had only one purpose then -- contain as many tissues as possible cause I was having a really bad cold.
        You have an interesting and wildly varied life

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Hello everybody!!!

I miss this thread!

Strange atmosphere here in France, so I want some fun.
        Yes, I can imagine (((hugs)))

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        <snip>And more news on the homefront: We had the house inspection on Thursday and passed with flying colors, and we took a few pieces of furniture that we're not keeping over to a consignment shop this morning. So things are picking up steam for the move!
        Congratulations!!

Rodney and Cadman! And David Hewlett stretching his acting skills... Poor mice though.
        I have to admit that I hated that episode when I watched it and have only just watched it again. I hated it from the fan perspective though - too much rodney and a silly premise - but there are some great scenes.

Echoes (even though I'm probably looking at a different pairing than you would be )
        I second that - watch Echoes! It sounds stupid in summation (and the resolution), but it's a pretty cool eppy

Sweet.

Sadly, also a very rare pairing...
        I don't think I could ever ship them, for the same reason I couldn't ship Lorne/Kate - I don't think they had any scenes together so I can't judge their chemistry
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Congratulations!!
          Thanks! Signed the escrow documents earlier in the week (it's a cash offer, so we don't have to wait for the buyer to line up their funding). Getting closer...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Jeepers, a pre-war (sort of) coin? He did well to keep track of something so tiny for all that time
            It was his father's - apparently somewhat of a goodluck coin.

You have an interesting and wildly varied life
            Occasionally I do, yes.

I have to admit that I hated that episode when I watched it and have only just watched it again. I hated it from the fan perspective though - too much rodney and a silly premise - but there are some great scenes.
            I loved it the first time round (and that had nothing to do with Kate at the point). However, that was before the overabundant use of Rodney became a thing.

I don't think I could ever ship them, for the same reason I couldn't ship Lorne/Kate - I don't think they had any scenes together so I can't judge their chemistry
            Kate and Zelenka have one scene together in Duet - however, it's a scene with Rodney/Cadman and Carson. So not a solo one.

I ship Lorne/Kate and written them together in fic.

And Kate is in that big sleep-walking-scene with Lorne in Doppelganger.

Comment

Aw, thanks
              You're welcome.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was indeed very lazy - me and my 6 books spending some quality time together.

Comment

It was indeed very lazy - me and my 6 books spending some quality time together.
                    Books are great, I spent some time with them today too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Books are great, I spent some time with them today too.
                      As did I. Packing them, that is.

Comment

[QUOTE=Falcon Horus;14302111]It was his father's - apparently somewhat of a goodluck coin.

Occasionally I do, yes.
                        [quote]

Well sure, we're getting the highlights package, but you have a good package.

I loved it the first time round (and that had nothing to do with Kate at the point). However, that was before the overabundant use of Rodney became a thing.
                        Yeah. Too much Rodney (after that point). It has it's strong points though, and it was almost like watching a fresh episode

Kate and Zelenka have one scene together in Duet - however, it's a scene with Rodney/Cadman and Carson. So not a solo one.
                        I should remember this. I watched it within the last seven days

I ship Lorne/Kate and written them together in fic.
                        I ship them too, of sorts, it's just that I'd like to base that on screen time together (if only!), rather than my squee-ometer

And Kate is in that big sleep-walking-scene with Lorne in Doppelganger.
                        That's why the episode is stupid - if Lorne dreamed about Kate, Teyla, and Carter, then it would have been an entirely different episode. Although maybe that happened in the ad break......

Six? That's more books than I have read this decade

Sheppard: No, silly, it's not War & Peace. I just hollowed it out and use it as a place to store my journal

Weir: Expedition Day 1: The leader is hot. Not Sumner. Luckily I answer to him, not her, so I can ask her out, no probs
                        Day 2: Oh, bum
                        Day 3: Dr Weir. She comes across as naive, but she's actually pretty onto it
                        Day 4: I wonder.....does the commander/2IC thing still apply if that technically isn't my job?
                        Day 5: A bug tried to eat me. Dr Weir wore a fugly brown sack, but when she was in the back of the jumper, so looked so damned hot. Definitely not fugly
                        Day 6: I can't take this much longer
                        Day 7: I'm playing a lot of golf

Weir: You will be going back out. I give you the illusion that you have free will for morale purposes. You are wrong, you have none.
                        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Ditto.

Books! I love books. Though I now read mostly from my iPad on which I have Kindle, Nook, iBooks, and OverDrive. OverDrive, in case you don't know, is an app in which you can borrow books from the library. Love it to the moon and back. But I can only read one book at a time. Even then I sometimes forget stuff. A downside to reading from an iPad is when you fall asleep and your thumb falls on the screen the pages either advance or retreat, and then when you wake up you are totally lost. Not that I would know about that of course.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love books too, but all mine are still real.
                              sigpic

Comment

I installed the Kindle app on both my cellphone and my Surface. So, when I have to wait in line somewhere I can read a book on my phone. The cool part is that when I open that book on my tablet it'll synch so that I don't have to go scrolling to the point where I left while waiting in line.

My 6 books are:
                                Game of Thrones book 5.2
                                Harry Potter book 5 (reread)
                                Naomi Novik - Temeraire book 3
                                The Once And Future King
                                Lucius Flavius Arrianus - Alexander The Great (historical work)
                                Moby Dick (Kindle app)

I try to read a chapter a day in each book. They are lying around my flat so I can pick one up wherever I sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X