No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

I really meant National Geographic Wild. I like the animal shows. Is that on Disney+ too?
    Pretty sure Nat Geo Wild shows are on Disney+ too, it's part of the Nat Geo Channel and Disney got that with the Fox purchase...

Does anyone have any requests for episodes for me to post my stream of consciousness if/when I have insomnia again? Maybe I won't have insomnia. I'm about to go out for Mexican food and I'm going to have a margarita. Maybe that will calm me down. We'll see.
    Nowhere near enough tequila in my margarita. Not even a little buzz. Disappointing.
    Boo! Shame on the bartender!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    ITA on the discussion of TV. We have cable and do watch a lot of network shows along with several on cable channels. We also have Netflix and Paramount +. I got a new phone recently and they gave me a year of Apple TV so we are able to watch Ted Lasso. May I just say finally a comedy that is actually funny. "Truth Be Told" is also good if you like crime dramas but nothing much else on there impresses me much. Sorry Jason Mamoa but See was just not my thing.

Netflix and others are making a big deal about sharing passwords also. Lots of people are dropping cable but we like the convenience of the DVR because commercials give me the heebies.
    The Den Mother returns! *hugs you*

Oooh, that reminds me, I need to activate the Apple TV trial that came with my phone so I can watch Wolfwalkers a gazillion times. (seriously, Wolfwalkers was ROBBED at the Oscars and Golden Globes )

I admit, I like our DVR too; I'm the same way about commercials.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...we like the convenience of the DVR because commercials give me the heebies.
      Ah, on that note... our local TV-providers have decided that fastforwarding through commercials will no longer be possible when we have DVR'd a show. We'll have to suffer 1 minute of commercials before the recorded program and shows people watch through a replay-feature won't even be able to fastforward through commercials happening during the ad-breaks. This will still be possible -- luckily -- for DVR'd shows.

It's ridiculous cause the ads annoy the hell out of me and I'm not gonna watch that 1 minute of commercials either.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

ITA on the discussion of TV. We have cable and do watch a lot of network shows along with several on cable channels. We also have Netflix and Paramount +. I got a new phone recently and they gave me a year of Apple TV so we are able to watch Ted Lasso. May I just say finally a comedy that is actually funny. "Truth Be Told" is also good if you like crime dramas but nothing much else on there impresses me much. Sorry Jason Mamoa but See was just not my thing.

Netflix and others are making a big deal about sharing passwords also. Lots of people are dropping cable but we like the convenience of the DVR because commercials give me the heebies.
        Hello there!! Another person who likes Ted Lasso. I know it won all kinds of Emmys.

Yes, I know many people who share passwords. But I can't feel sorry for huge million dollar companies like Netflix or Amazon. Just can't.

My niece dropped cable and they don't miss it. In fact, one time when her foster kids (10 and 8) were over at my brother's and we were all watching TV, they couldn't grasp why we couldn't fast forward through the commercials. Damn but that made me feel old. I don't know how or if they get access to local stuff. I should ask them.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        Boo! Shame on the bartender!
        I should have known it wouldn't be strong. It wasn't an authentic Mexican place. It was a chain restaurant. The food wasn't too hot either (in terms of spice or goodness). I'm spoiled by the really good Mexican place nearby me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        Ah, on that note... our local TV-providers have decided that fastforwarding through commercials will no longer be possible when we have DVR'd a show. We'll have to suffer 1 minute of commercials before the recorded program and shows people watch through a replay-feature won't even be able to fastforward through commercials happening during the ad-breaks. This will still be possible -- luckily -- for DVR'd shows.

It's ridiculous cause the ads annoy the hell out of me and I'm not gonna watch that 1 minute of commercials either.
        Well, that's frustrating!!

A similar thing I hate is websites that don't allow you to view anything unless you disable ad-blocker. Grrrr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

For situations like that we have the mute button.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

First up, here's this week's College Football Roundup!

Virginia Tech beat Richmond 21-10, USC lost to Oregon State 45-27, Tennessee lost to Florida 38-14, Rhode Island had a bye this week, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force beat Florida Atlantic 31-7, and Navy lost to Houston 28-20. On to next week!

And now back to your regularly scheduled round table discussion...

I'm with SR; it's mute button time!

My niece dropped cable and they don't miss it. In fact, one time when her foster kids (10 and 8) were over at my brother's and we were all watching TV, they couldn't grasp why we couldn't fast forward through the commercials. Damn but that made me feel old. I don't know how or if they get access to local stuff. I should ask them.
            Newer TVs typically include a digital tuner that can pick up over-the-air broadcast signals without needing a separate antenna, if you're in a good location. If not, there are low-profile digital antennas you can hide in your attic or on an exterior wall of your house.

I should have known it wouldn't be strong. It wasn't an authentic Mexican place. It was a chain restaurant. The food wasn't too hot either (in terms of spice or goodness). I'm spoiled by the really good Mexican place nearby me.
            Ah, that'll do it. Disappointing, to be sure.

A similar thing I hate is websites that don't allow you to view anything unless you disable ad-blocker. Grrrr!!
            Ugh, I hate websites like that!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A friend of the family is arguing with me about a math problem on Facebook. She knows I was a math major in college, but she is sure she is right and I am wrong.

Look, I might not remember differential equations or Calculus 5, but I DO remember grade school math.

*facepalm*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Newer TVs typically include a digital tuner that can pick up over-the-air broadcast signals without needing a separate antenna, if you're in a good location. If not, there are low-profile digital antennas you can hide in your attic or on an exterior wall of your house.
              Ahh. Thanks for the info. I'm going to give some serious consideration to getting rid of cable.

Comment

I really meant National Geographic Wild. I like the animal shows. Is that on Disney+ too?

Does anyone have any requests for episodes for me to post my stream of consciousness if/when I have insomnia again? Maybe I won't have insomnia. I'm about to go out for Mexican food and I'm going to have a margarita. Maybe that will calm me down. We'll see.
                I just bought margarita ingredients and had Mexican food yesterday! I’m loving all the stream of consciousness reviews. I need to watch some episodes tonight. Catching up on Gw conversations has me fired up for rewatch.

Comment

My local Patriots lost horribly, but my Raiders won in overtime!! They are 3-0!!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

I just bought margarita ingredients and had Mexican food yesterday! I’m loving all the stream of consciousness reviews. I need to watch some episodes tonight. Catching up on Gw conversations has me fired up for rewatch.
                  Oooh, what flavor of margarita?

Yeah I'm trying to rewatch as much as possible before it leaves Hulu. Maybe I'll post something if I can't sleep tonight AGAIN. Damned insomnia.

Comment

Air Force is bouncing on the win-loose scale again... they don't disappoint.

Fabulous day -- and I just got inspired for 2 more chapters of Office fun...
                    a) teams meeting this morning where one person had connection issues and thus we were forced to stare at his frozen image for the remainder of the meeting.

b) I just PO'd my archnemesis by creating a page on the webpage in the wrong place. Caught it in time so fixed it but apparently so did she. I'm now banned from making any alterations whatsoever. (the other previous alterations were all correct, mind you so one tiny mistake and banishment is a go )
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

A friend of the family is arguing with me about a math problem on Facebook. She knows I was a math major in college, but she is sure she is right and I am wrong.

Look, I might not remember differential equations or Calculus 5, but I DO remember grade school math.

*facepalm*
                      Oh, for frak's sake...

Air Force is bouncing on the win-loose scale again... they don't disappoint.
                      Hah!

Fabulous day -- and I just got inspired for 2 more chapters of Office fun...
                      a) teams meeting this morning where one person had connection issues and thus we were forced to stare at his frozen image for the remainder of the meeting.

b) I just PO'd my archnemesis by creating a page on the webpage in the wrong place. Caught it in time so fixed it but apparently so did she. I'm now banned from making any alterations whatsoever. (the other previous alterations were all correct, mind you so one tiny mistake and banishment is a go )
                      D'oh!

Comment

Day one of carpet removal and luxury vinyl plank install. It’s looking so nice! But now I am the big, big tired.

My local Patriots lost horribly, but my Raiders won in overtime!! They are 3-0!!

Oooh, what flavor of margarita?

Yeah I'm trying to rewatch as much as possible before it leaves Hulu. Maybe I'll post something if I can't sleep tonight AGAIN. Damned insomnia.
                        Classic lime, premixed Jose Cuervo for as I was feeling lazy, lol. how about you? I’ve been trying new to me cocktails this summer at my local restaurants (my fav has been a blueberry coconut mojito and lavender lemonade with honeysuckle vodka) but I haven’t really tried anything fun with margaritas.

Hope you get some relief from insomnia!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Day one of carpet removal and luxury vinyl plank install. It’s looking so nice! But now I am the big, big tired.
                            Sounds beautiful! I hope you got some sleep.

Classic lime, premixed Jose Cuervo for as I was feeling lazy, lol. how about you? I’ve been trying new to me cocktails this summer at my local restaurants (my fav has been a blueberry coconut mojito and lavender lemonade with honeysuckle vodka) but I haven’t really tried anything fun with margaritas.

Hope you get some relief from insomnia!
                            It was a simple frozen strawberry margarita. It *was* tasty, if not particularly alcoholic.

And I requested no sugar or salt on the rim, because it can be messy. They gave it to me anyway.
                            Grrrr.

When my friend was visiting we went to a local haunt, and I had what they call Early Summer Tide - Captain Morgan Rum, Clement Mahina Coco, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Red Raspberry Simple. It was good until you got to the aftertaste - pure coconut. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of it (I adore the smell of coconut though). I thought it would be one part of the drink and I could ignore it. Not so much.

Comment

Day 2 of floors complete! Halfway across the living room. We so speedy, lol. In our defense, we are only working on the floors when the workday is over and we have some tricky cuts here and there. I did sleep soundly. Couldn’t even stay awake to watch a show before bed.

Sounds beautiful! I hope you got some sleep.

It was a simple frozen strawberry margarita. It *was* tasty, if not particularly alcoholic.

And I requested no sugar or salt on the rim, because it can be messy. They gave it to me anyway.
                              Grrrr.

When my friend was visiting we went to a local haunt, and I had what they call Early Summer Tide - Captain Morgan Rum, Clement Mahina Coco, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Red Raspberry Simple. It was good until you got to the aftertaste - pure coconut. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of it (I adore the smell of coconut though). I thought it would be one part of the drink and I could ignore it. Not so much.
                              That sounds good, but I get it. I don’t always like it when one ingredient overpowers everything, especially if it wasn’t my favorite.

Comment

Day 2 of floors complete! Halfway across the living room. We so speedy, lol. In our defense, we are only working on the floors when the workday is over and we have some tricky cuts here and there. I did sleep soundly. Couldn’t even stay awake to watch a show before bed.
                                Better to slow down than to make mistakes!! I hope you post some pictures on Instagram when you're done.

That sounds good, but I get it. I don’t always like it when one ingredient overpowers everything, especially if it wasn’t my favorite.
                                Precisely!

Comment

Working...
                                X