No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So lately I've sort of experienced a little bit of a fandom identity crisis.

I've always enjoyed participating in this thread. And I really like talking about Sparky (or the other handful of pairings I'm a fan of), but I've never really thought of myself as a natural "shipper."

It wasn't until just over a year ago as I was watching Legend of Korra when I think finally "got it."

Like for the first time in my life I think I finally understood shipping on that visceral emotional level of "*This* is my OPT. And whatever happens I'm going down with this ship."

Being a Korrasami fan probably caused me to go "Wow I actually ship this" harder than I can ever remember. Of course, having seen the reactions of other fans, I can say everything is still relative.

And then I went through almost the same thing again a year later when I played "Life is Strange" and fell in love with the main characters Max and Chloe.

I don't usually count my favorite video game romances as part of the same list, but I'm up to 6 ships now (still all canon ), but after that I had to ask myself "Have I become a full blown shipper? Who am I?!"

Oh and just as a side not: Oh god.. oh god, If any ship needs a "Screw the Angst Wednesday" it's this one. I never thought I would be a fan of a more agonizing ship than Sparky or Angel/Cordelia.

Spoiler:

To put that into perspective, imagine if there was a Stargate Atlantis movie where John found a way to save Elizabeth, and they finally started to admit feelings for eachother, but then John found out that (for some reason) the only way to save Atlantis and everyone on it was to go back in time and let Elizabeth die anyway. And specifically, let her die alone without having ever known how they both felt. Gah...

Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 28 January 2016, 02:24 AM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm not a natural shipper, but I most definitely am a multishipper.

I'm probably an adaptable shipper.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          So lately I've sort of experienced a little bit of a fandom identity crisis.

I've always enjoyed participating in this thread. And I really like talking about Sparky (or the other handful of pairings I'm a fan of), but I've never really thought of myself as a natural "shipper."

It wasn't until just over a year ago as I was watching Legend of Korra when I think finally "got it."

Like for the first time in my life I think I finally understood shipping on that visceral emotional level of "*This* is my OPT. And whatever happens I'm going down with this ship."

Being a Korrasami fan probably caused me to go "Wow I actually ship this" harder than I can ever remember. Of course, having seen the reactions of other fans, I can say everything is still relative.

And then I went through almost the same thing again a year later when I played "Life is Strange" and fell in love with the main characters Max and Chloe.

I don't usually count my favorite video game romances as part of the same list, but I'm up to 6 ships now (still all canon ), but after that I had to ask myself "Have I become a full blown shipper? Who am I?!"

Oh and just as a side not: Oh god.. oh god, If any ship needs a "Screw the Angst Wednesday" it's this one. I never thought I would be a fan of a more agonizing ship than Sparky or Angel/Cordelia.

Spoiler:

To put that into perspective, imagine if there was a Stargate Atlantis movie where John found a way to save Elizabeth, and they finally started to admit feelings for eachother, but then John found out that (for some reason) the only way to save Atlantis and everyone on it was to go back in time and let Elizabeth die anyway. And specifically, let her die alone without having ever known how they both felt. Gah...

Very interesting post. I love learning how other people view shipping. As for me, I would call myself a natural born shipper. lol

I have shipped a couple in almost every show I've watched back to childhood. (Yes, they had TV then but it was mostly black and white. ) Nowadays though, I've grown to appreciate the rare show that doesn't openly ship anybody or ones like NCIS whose shipping fandom I can totally ignore. But in all those years I have never shipped any couple like I have Sparky.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, campers! I am on day 2 of a doctor imposed stay-at-home-and-get-over-your-sinusitis order, which has been one of the best things for me in a while. Finally getting over a horrible sinus infection. Which has allowed to to watch more SG-1 and SGA than a normal sane person should.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I'm not a natural shipper, but I most definitely am a multishipper.

I'm probably an adaptable shipper.
            Like I've said before, I'll ship almost anything. But I do have my limits. That being said, I'm fairly sure I have at least one ship from every show I've ever watched.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Very interesting post. I love learning how other people view shipping. As for me, I would call myself a natural born shipper. lol

I have shipped a couple in almost every show I've watched back to childhood. (Yes, they had TV then but it was mostly black and white. ) Nowadays though, I've grown to appreciate the rare show that doesn't openly ship anybody or ones like NCIS whose shipping fandom I can totally ignore. But in all those years I have never shipped any couple like I have Sparky.
            Same.

Comment

I sometimes ship characters in anime.

(My very first OTP was Janeway/ Chakotay in Voyager.)
              Last edited by Morgania; 28 January 2016, 09:06 AM.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning! Back at work today. Thank God it's Friday.

Comment

It may be friday, but I have a looming deadline to make... and it's creeping in ever closer and I'm not ready yet.

Comment

It may be friday, but I have a looming deadline to make... and it's creeping in ever closer and I'm not ready yet.
                    Sorry! I'll think good thoughts for you and hope a time dilation bubble magically appears.

Comment

Deadline sorta made... if they don't look too close.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! And like whoops, I never even showed up here yesterday because yesterday morning was weird and completely threw me off for the rest of the day.

Deadline sorta made... if they don't look too close.
                        Looks like ShipperWriter's time dilation bubble worked!

On me and shipping... First and foremost, I am a canonist. So usually I'm content to go with the canon ships and enjoy the way they're portrayed. And once in a while, one of those canon ships will really grab me and make me a giddy, giggling mess. (Pepperony, I'm looking at you! ) Sparky has been the outlier with me; not intended by the producers/writers, but played so well by the actors that it felt like it should have been canon.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! And like whoops, I never even showed up here yesterday because yesterday morning was weird and completely threw me off for the rest of the day.
                          Yikes. Sheppard looks awfully whumped. Those kind of mornings are havoc reeking, indeed.

Looks like ShipperWriter's time dilation bubble worked!

On me and shipping... First and foremost, I am a canonist. So usually I'm content to go with the canon ships and enjoy the way they're portrayed. And once in a while, one of those canon ships will really grab me and make me a giddy, giggling mess. (Pepperony, I'm looking at you! ) Sparky has been the outlier with me; not intended by the producers/writers, but played so well by the actors that it felt like it should have been canon.
                          I usually go with canon, but according to Tumblr, nearly every ship is canon. But there's always a few exceptions to the rule.

Comment

Well I'm glad I could provide that for you.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

And that right there is the whole reason Sparky exists because I can't think of one single show that has/had a non-canon ship that interested me.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Yikes. Sheppard looks awfully whumped. Those kind of mornings are havoc reeking, indeed.
                                It's always more fun when Sheppard's whumped.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                I usually go with canon, but according to Tumblr, nearly every ship is canon. But there's always a few exceptions to the rule.
                                *snorts* I'd wonder about the stability of some of the people on Tumblr...but then I'd rather not break my brain.

And that right there is the whole reason Sparky exists because I can't think of one single show that has/had a non-canon ship that interested me.
                                Yup.

Comment

Working...
                                X