Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    New Mexico, east of Albuquerque. The population of the state is about 2 million.
    Ah, I spent one night a number of years ago in Albuquerque. NM is a lovely state.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's where I'm going. So small there are no traffic lights.
    I grew up in a place like that. Well, actually on a farm outside a place like that.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Ah, I spent one night a number of years ago in Albuquerque. NM is a lovely state.
      Real winter is more fun if I stay inside with a book though. Nice state though.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

That'll be me after we move. Except that the trip will also include an hour-long ferry ride.
        An hour long ferry ride doesn't sound good at all.

That's where I'm going. So small there are no traffic lights.
        And I thought Coshocton, Ohio was small. There are colleges in state with more students living on campus there there are people living in this county.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I grew up in a place like that. Well, actually on a farm outside a place like that.
          There's a lot of farms outside of the town.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          An hour long ferry ride doesn't sound good at all.
          Oh no, the ferry ride is awesome, and it's really nice to be in our own little world away from the city. It's just that it does make some shopping and other activities a bit more difficult to get to.

And I thought Coshocton, Ohio was small. There are colleges in state with more students living on campus there there are people living in this county.
          I believe that's true of our county as well.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I live in a city that currently stands at 98,539 inhabitants (as was measured a year ago - so it will probably be a little less or a little more). However, as I live in a university-city we have more bookstores than you can count.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I live in a city that currently stands at 98,539 inhabitants (as was measured a year ago - so it will probably be a little less or a little more). However, as I live in a university-city we have more bookstores than you can count.
              There's nothing better, IMHO. than a university town. The culture, restaurants, bookstores, etc are all as good as most big cities without the fuss. I have adjusted to life here to the extent that I don't even think about it anymore. The first thing people who come to visit always say is "How do you stand all this traffic?" Well, on most days, we allow for it and don't even think about it. When I go down to visit my brother in NC, I want to tell everybody to hurry the heck up. But I'm sure I could easily adjust to a slower pace. Where I live here in the 'burbs is very quiet. You'd never know so much bustle was mere miles away. Well, except for hearing planes and trains and the seeing the occasional black helicopter flying over.
              sigpic

Comment

We have planes flying over cause the national airport is aproximately 20km from the city and the flight patterns are smack in the middle of the city's airspace. It's fun spotting the ones that are coming and the ones that are going. Not everyone is hapy about the extra sounds though. I guess I'm just used to it, albeit on a smaller scale, as the village I grew up in (a mere 21,000 people big one) had its own small airfield for smaller planes and gliders.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

There's nothing better, IMHO. than a university town. The culture, restaurants, bookstores, etc are all as good as most big cities without the fuss. I have adjusted to life here to the extent that I don't even think about it anymore. The first thing people who come to visit always say is "How do you stand all this traffic?" Well, on most days, we allow for it and don't even think about it. When I go down to visit my brother in NC, I want to tell everybody to hurry the heck up. But I'm sure I could easily adjust to a slower pace. Where I live here in the 'burbs is very quiet. You'd never know so much bustle was mere miles away. Well, except for hearing planes and trains and the seeing the occasional black helicopter flying over.
                  Sounds a lot like us. Even though it's away from a lot of things, it's actually a bit of a tourist destination (especially in summer) as well as an artists' haven, so there's some good dining and a great arts scene. Very much looking forward to that!

We have planes flying over cause the national airport is aproximately 20km from the city and the flight patterns are smack in the middle of the city's airspace. It's fun spotting the ones that are coming and the ones that are going. Not everyone is hapy about the extra sounds though. I guess I'm just used to it, albeit on a smaller scale, as the village I grew up in (a mere 21,000 people big one) had its own small airfield for smaller planes and gliders.
                  We've got a small airfield to the north end of town, big enough that it can handle smaller private jets; when we were up there in November, I saw a Lear parked near the runway. And we've seen FedEx actually fly in their express service on a Cessna.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh no, the ferry ride is awesome, and it's really nice to be in our own little world away from the city. It's just that it does make some shopping and other activities a bit more difficult to get to.
                    I'll take your word for it. Personally, If I'm going to be on the water for any amount of time, I want a rod and reel.

Lucky you.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I'll take your word for it. Personally, If I'm going to be on the water for any amount of time, I want a rod and reel.

Comment

Hola peeps!

So, previously in my life, I started working a second job, lasted for 5 months, and am quitting this upcoming Tuesday. I'm moving out on my own with my best friend who is the person who introduced me to Stargate, and due to our combined resources I finally own all 10 seasons of SG-1 and the movies. LOL small victories.

Life's been busy but I've been thinking about y'all, so I wanted to drop in and say hi!

On the small town convo: I grew up in NC in a small town in the middle of nowhere that was an hour away from the nearest Starbucks lol. Now I live south of Tampa, FL in a city that has five Starbucks in a five mile radius. But I'm not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Hola peeps!

So, previously in my life, I started working a second job, lasted for 5 months, and am quitting this upcoming Tuesday. I'm moving out on my own with my best friend who is the person who introduced me to Stargate, and due to our combined resources I finally own all 10 seasons of SG-1 and the movies. LOL small victories.

Life's been busy but I've been thinking about y'all, so I wanted to drop in and say hi!

On the small town convo: I grew up in NC in a small town in the middle of nowhere that was an hour away from the nearest Starbucks lol. Now I live south of Tampa, FL in a city that has five Starbucks in a five mile radius. But I'm not complaining.
                          Hey, welcome back. Glad to hear you're doing so well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hola peeps!

Welcome back. I was just wondering where you wondered off to yesterday.

Comment

Hola peeps!

Heya, welcome back! Glad to know things are going well for you!

BTW, has anyone else noticed our theme this weekend? BABYLON 5! Apparently, I'm John Sheridan, and I'm asking "who are you?"

Comment

Apparently I translate for Kosh. Conceivably that could be either good or really bad for me, depending on which Kosh it was.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X