Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Have you heard the news that after the Marseilles con, Joe will be filming in Belgium on a new show called Metal Hurlant? Something to ask him about. And Sparktober is now in full squee. It's going to be a good month.
    I did not know that. Sweet! Must try to ask him about it indeed.

Edit: Do you happen to have a link?
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 October 2011, 08:22 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I did not know that. Sweet! Must try to ask him about it indeed.

Edit: Do you happen to have a link?
      Indeedy doo. Twitter: from FlanInfo updates abt projects: Joe will be shooting in Belgium his first non-American TV show, based on Heavy Metal comicbook, Metal Hurlant and #JoeFlaigan will shoot Metal Hurlant in November, after Marseille @HalfWayCon. "It's cool, like Bladerunner, but more bad guys"

Also links to the project: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/...nt-chronicles/ and http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033704?refCatId=19
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I wonder where in Belgium this will be shot - we ain't big but still... could be far still, you know to go Flanigan spotting.

Comment

I wonder where in Belgium this will be shot - we ain't big but still... could be far still, you know to go Flanigan spotting.
          If you can walk, how many miles was it, at 5mph, surely you can walk across Belgium.
          sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Joe in Belgum....had you seen his pretty new "Tattoo"?
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              It's true though. If they wanted to pursue J/T, they should've been on top of stuff like that. Not with overtly shippy scenes (in case it didn't go ahead and was interpreted as teasing later on the two dream scenes) but just the general tone of their relationship. The actors should've been reminded of what their respective characters thought of each other. As should've been the case with sparky. Have a look at the tag scene in 38mins - that scene was apparently an add on, which is why they're in unusual clothes choices for their characters. Joe and Torri played that a little playful - I wouldn't say it was flirty exactly, given the situation - and this was very early on. This would've been a perfect time for someone to have a word to them.
              Oh, I'd say it was flirty.

I wouldn't say the flirting meant anything, though. After all, he was flirting with the nurse only a minute before. But still, that wasn't a strict boss/employee conversation.

But yes, you'd think someone would have told them in that scene or any number of others that "hey, guys, please cool it". I guess they thought flirting only happened by beating each other with sticks.

Sorry if there are typos in this. I'm watching the rugby as I watch this. NZ is in a national state of mourning today, we lost a key player to injury (I'm not kidding, some of the stuff on Radio Sport was unbelievable - on a similar level to the person at a convention who asked Michael Dorn what it felt like to be 'beamed' somewhere). We're playing Canada today, whom we will beat easily. Argentina next week, whom we will also beat, but not by as much. I'm not sure who it will be after that as it depends on points and whatnot (we still have to play England, South Africa and Australia, but the order of which will depend on this weekends standings).
              Ok, first - did someone actually ask Michael Dorn about being beamed???

Second - so if your team loses in some key moment, is the whole country depressed afterwards?

Interesting discussion while I was sleeping. And note that Joe specifically said at the con yesterday that he was going to the Marseilles con, so we can relax on that front. Now we just have to wait and hope Torri also shows up.

This is going to be the most awesome Sparky weekend of all time. I hope those who are going have your questions ready.
              If they both show up it could be an awesome end to Sparktober. (Speaking of which, I gotta get my butt in gear and think of something to do for my day - only 2 days from now!)

Comment

If you can walk, how many miles was it, at 5mph, surely you can walk across Belgium.
                18 miles - and I died remember...

But for Joe I could make an exception.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Today we get to try to install our new router. Oh joy.

But...but....that was what I meant *scratches head*
                  *snickers*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Oh, that's true. She was probably impressed by his being so large and in charge. (and my brain slips back to the gutter)
                  Best place for a Sparky fan to be!

They better not mess with Cadman too much, though. She IS the explosives expert.

It's true though. If they wanted to pursue J/T, they should've been on top of stuff like that. Not with overtly shippy scenes (in case it didn't go ahead and was interpreted as teasing later on the two dream scenes) but just the general tone of their relationship. The actors should've been reminded of what their respective characters thought of each other. As should've been the case with sparky. Have a look at the tag scene in 38mins - that scene was apparently an add on, which is why they're in unusual clothes choices for their characters. Joe and Torri played that a little playful - I wouldn't say it was flirty exactly, given the situation - and this was very early on. This would've been a perfect time for someone to have a word to them.
                  But they never did. Funny, that.

Have you heard the news that after the Marseilles con, Joe will be filming in Belgium on a new show called Metal Hurlant? Something to ask him about. And Sparktober is now in full squee. It's going to be a good month.
                  October always was my favorite month of the year. My birthday (this Thursday!), Halloween, and now Sparktober... Yeah. It's a good month.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think if somebody was going to have a word with them they could have done it at any point throughout the show.

This was in one of Torri's last episodes and that stuff was still in there. I honestly don't know if I picked up on this moment specifically when I first saw it but looking back now, the first thought is "Despite everything they've said, they actually wrote that in there?"
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

18 miles - and I died remember...

But for Joe I could make an exception.
                      Just found out, he's filming in Brussels in Nov. And I hear he's passing out our SGARising cards again. Big squee!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      I think if somebody was going to have a word with them they could have done it at any point throughout the show.

This was in one of Torri's last episodes and that stuff was still in there. I honestly don't know if I picked up on this moment specifically when I first saw it but looking back now, the first thought is "Despite everything they've said, they actually wrote that in there?"
                      And that is the question of the decade. Why write something in that you have to deny? We're not talking about a look that can be interpreted as flirting or a conversation that can be misinterpreted as shippy. We're talking about dialogue that can only be interpreted as fun teasing. Like the "defending my honor" scene. Why leave that in? Why write it in the first place?
                      sigpic

Comment

Just found out, he's filming in Brussels in Nov. And I hear he's passing out our SGARising cards again. Big squee!
                        Oh, in that case... my sister works at the airport maybe she could stalk him there somehow... and Brussels's only about an hour and half drive from my hometown so maybe it's time for me to go to visit Brussels again soon...

Comment

I think the funniest thing about it was that it continued even after Torri left. Ghost in the Machine is Weir's last appearance and Torri wasn't even in it, but they still wrote in lines like that. That one line where Elizabeth awkwardly asks if John was the father of Telya's baby stood out for me. I'd have thought They must have specifically wrote that in for her to be uncomfortable at the prospect.

I think it's the one and only time that there seemed to be any hint of tension between Elizabeth and Teyla on the subject of John, at least that I remember.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

One of you that goes to cons needs to find out if that's true and see if he has had a chance to read any of the episodes yet.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put Joe Flanigan read and approved on the site?
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Speaking of Joe in Belgum....had you seen his pretty new "Tattoo"?
                              I think there's a link on the previous page. Or the one before that

Oh, I'd say it was flirty.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...s-flirting.gif

I wouldn't say the flirting meant anything, though. After all, he was flirting with the nurse only a minute before. But still, that wasn't a strict boss/employee conversation.

But yes, you'd think someone would have told them in that scene or any number of others that "hey, guys, please cool it". I guess they thought flirting only happened by beating each other with sticks.
                              As you say, he was doing the same with the nurse earlier. I can't say I picked up on that scene at the time re flirt factor. It was straight after Rising, with the cave scene of love where Shep turned Teyla on (okay, her turned her necklace on), so I dismissed it. Plus it was early days, too early for that sort of stuff. The same scene would've played a lot differently had he tried to say something in Intruder (in the F-302) and been asked about it at the end.

Ok, first - did someone actually ask Michael Dorn about being beamed???
                              Yep. He talked about it in an interview. There's also the juror in one of Bill Clinton's trials who wore her star trek uniform to work (and to the trial) and believed she was Lt. Cmdr so&so, the Captain of an orbitting starship. This is why sci-fi has a bad name.

Second - so if your team loses in some key moment, is the whole country depressed afterwards?
                              Pretty much. Carter's injury has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons.

Not to mention they could've put in a "you're like a sister to me" line at the end of the defending your honour scene. Or had one of them push the other into a relationship/hook up.

I wonder, do you think that was scripted?

And that is the question of the decade. Why write something in that you have to deny? We're not talking about a look that can be interpreted as flirting or a conversation that can be misinterpreted as shippy. We're talking about dialogue that can only be interpreted as fun teasing. Like the "defending my honor" scene. Why leave that in? Why write it in the first place?
                              And why write that scene as a filler scene? I can handwave the hug somewhat as her being relieved to see him, although that's a fairly robotic interpretation. But they knew the reaction to the hug, having had to deny it meant anything more, then they went ahead and wrote something even shippier?

I think the funniest thing about it was that it continued even after Torri left. Ghost in the Machine is Weir's last appearance and Torri wasn't even in it, but they still wrote in lines like that. That one line where Elizabeth awkwardly asks if John was the father of Telya's baby stood out for me. I'd have thought They must have specifically wrote that in for her to be uncomfortable at the prospect.

I think it's the one and only time that there seemed to be any hint of tension between Elizabeth and Teyla on the subject of John, at least that I remember.
                              That hadn't occured to me, perhaps they did write it to make her uncomfortable. Maybe that's why Teyla didn't want to tell her where Torren was It's a natural assumption, given the baby's name, but if they didn't want her 'wtf' expression, Teyla could've said straight away that John wasn't the father.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, in that case... my sister works at the airport maybe she could stalk him there somehow... and Brussels's only about an hour and half drive from my hometown so maybe it's time for me to go to visit Brussels again soon...
                                Heheheh...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                One of you that goes to cons needs to find out if that's true and see if he has had a chance to read any of the episodes yet.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put Joe Flanigan read and approved on the site?
                                Actually, that report came straight from our very own KrisRussel, so it's definitely legit. She didn't say if she asked him whether or not he was reading the episodes, though. We may have to wait until Marseille when we get our next opportunity.

And even then, Teyla's reaction to FRANibeth's question just screams, "OMG, how could you think that I'd ever sleep with John when I know you're the one he loves? You're my BFF, I'd never betray you!"

Which, in its own way, should be taken as yet another clue that FRANibeth wasn't the original Weir, which means the original Weir is still out there. Funny how that works out for us. *points at sig, dusts off the SGA Rising website and grins wickedly*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X