Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hah! When has he ever been happy to sit in the chair?

Spoiler:
    I giggled my butt off when I wrote that bit. The way I see it, Lorne plays the straight and narrow to John, but on occasion, Lorne can be a bit snarky.

Guh! You know just how to push my buttons. That second one always makes me want to squee uncontrollably.

Pushing buttons since 2005. I live to serve you.

Speaking of Lorne I love him in RTP2. He sounds like the guy from Coup d'Etat in this scene.

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD (to Lorne): Way to be alive.

LORNE: Thanks, sir! So, uh, have you come to rescue us?

SHEPPARD: Well, until about a moment ago I thought you were dead, but now that I see you speaking and breathing, yeah, I'm thinkin' about it.

LORNE: Well, good! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help, huh?

I always thought he and John had a good relationship and might exchange a bit of snark without violating the chain of command.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Looks like the message board software got updated. Not sure I like the new interface, but oh well.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Pushing buttons since 2005. I live to serve you.
      *salutes*

Speaking of Lorne I love him in RTP2. He sounds like the guy from Coup d'Etat in this scene.

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD (to Lorne): Way to be alive.

LORNE: Thanks, sir! So, uh, have you come to rescue us?

SHEPPARD: Well, until about a moment ago I thought you were dead, but now that I see you speaking and breathing, yeah, I'm thinkin' about it.

LORNE: Well, good! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help, huh?

I always thought he and John had a good relationship and might exchange a bit of snark without violating the chain of command.
      Yup. At times, those two seem more like partners in crime... or have I been reading too much fanfic?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Looks like the message board software got updated. Not sure I like the new interface, but oh well.

*salutes*

Yup. At times, those two seem more like partners in crime... or have I been reading too much fanfic?
        Update? Is that what you call it? I thought my computer was broken. I hate change. Gotta go, work to do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Hope you passed!!
          I hope so too... but nevertheless much practice ahead in my future.

RTP II -
          Spoiler:
          I'm still giggling about "bumper jumpers". Heehee!!
          It would make a cool bumper-sticker...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*salutes*

There's no such thing as too much fanfic!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I hope so too... but nevertheless much practice ahead in my future.

Comment

There's no such thing as too much fanfic!!!
              After having a bad writing day with my work being deleted when I was about some epic part about Elizabeth....I am starting to think there is such thing as too much fan fic. In the meanwhile I have 1950s AU with Hotch and JJ, you don't know how much complaints I got staying in the house all day and how much my brain is fried.
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

sorry i havent been around folks, been hanging out with my friends. saw three movies within a 72 hour period. Pirates 4, X-men first class and yesterday Super 8.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Hmm, where is everyone this morning? Looks like it'll be a slow day for us.

LMAO!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Hmm, where is everyone this morning? Looks like it'll be a slow day for us.

LMAO!
                    I'm here. Doing RL chores and checking in.
                    sigpic

Comment

Writer's HUDDLE!

Query...
                      Spoiler:

In Trust, I'm building the sequence where the group boards the Hive to gather info on the missing Athosians. But I'm getting a twist to the story called out to me that I want to make sure is okay with the group.

- In Trust's original plot, TEyla works with Todd. But, of course, neither she nor John trust him. As I'm developing this version, I'm going to have Teyla betray him to the Wraith as someone who'd been on Atlantis and influenced by their ideas. So I need to know two points of potential conflict and if anyone objects to them.

* In doing this, Teyla is going to tell the Queen she speaks with that Todd has developed 'ideas' about hierarchical structure and no longer believes Queens are always the appropriate leaders for Hives. Do we have anything in SGA canon that contravenes that--is the Queen so incredibly powerful that no one could challenge her, or has it simply never been questioned before? I can't think of any point where the Queen keeps all the wraith on a mental leash or anything. Obviously she's strong (and also necessary) but I presume the authority could be challenged? In "The Queen" Teyla's new queenship is challenged by the old Queen's commander...

* If the answer to the above question is 'it's just never been done', what I'm planning for Todd, then, is to have him be considered a 'renegade' amongst Hives. This makes him the new point of contention in the Wraith alliance--they won't know if he can be trusted or not, which will start a little infighting. It will also force his hand to work with the Lanteans & PC, since he'll be shunned by many of the other Wraith. It sets up a good way to convince him later on to become the first to try the 'new solution' developed by Keller/Carson despite what's happened to him in the past.

Thoughts?

Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Writer's HUDDLE!

Query...
                        Spoiler:

In Trust, I'm building the sequence where the group boards the Hive to gather info on the missing Athosians. But I'm getting a twist to the story called out to me that I want to make sure is okay with the group.

- In Trust's original plot, TEyla works with Todd. But, of course, neither she nor John trust him. As I'm developing this version, I'm going to have Teyla betray him to the Wraith as someone who'd been on Atlantis and influenced by their ideas. So I need to know two points of potential conflict and if anyone objects to them.

* In doing this, Teyla is going to tell the Queen she speaks with that Todd has developed 'ideas' about hierarchical structure and no longer believes Queens are always the appropriate leaders for Hives. Do we have anything in SGA canon that contravenes that--is the Queen so incredibly powerful that no one could challenge her, or has it simply never been questioned before? I can't think of any point where the Queen keeps all the wraith on a mental leash or anything. Obviously she's strong (and also necessary) but I presume the authority could be challenged? In "The Queen" Teyla's new queenship is challenged by the old Queen's commander...

* If the answer to the above question is 'it's just never been done', what I'm planning for Todd, then, is to have him be considered a 'renegade' amongst Hives. This makes him the new point of contention in the Wraith alliance--they won't know if he can be trusted or not, which will start a little infighting. It will also force his hand to work with the Lanteans & PC, since he'll be shunned by many of the other Wraith. It sets up a good way to convince him later on to become the first to try the 'new solution' developed by Keller/Carson despite what's happened to him in the past.

Thoughts?

I like this idea.
                        Spoiler:
                        While I'm not the best person to comment on Wraith organization, I don't recall anything that would be a conflict with your idea. I particularly like the Todd as renegade idea. Infighting among the Wraith is canon, so that would work well. I'm not sure about the Queens as supreme authority thing. They did always seem to be in charge, but Todd was running that hive until Teyla came along. Even though the Queens didn't seem to know about it, the other male Wraith must have accepted his authority.
                        sigpic

Comment

As far as Wraith go:

Spoiler:
                          The Wraith Queens are essentialy the queen bees of the hives. Todd himself mentions it and they need them in order to reproduce (we witnessed the birth of a Wraith drone once). That gives them a certain amount of power which puts them high up in the Wraith hierarchy and which automatically gives them a position of power.

But that's just how I interpret this particular aspect of the Wraith society.

Comment

As far as Wraith go:

Spoiler:
                            The Wraith Queens are essentialy the queen bees of the hives. Todd himself mentions it and they need them in order to reproduce (we witnessed the birth of a Wraith drone once). That gives them a certain amount of power which puts them high up in the Wraith hierarchy and which automatically gives them a position of power.

But that's just how I interpret this particular aspect of the Wraith society.
                            I like this idea.
                            Spoiler:
                            While I'm not the best person to comment on Wraith organization, I don't recall anything that would be a conflict with your idea. I particularly like the Todd as renegade idea. Infighting among the Wraith is canon, so that would work well. I'm not sure about the Queens as supreme authority thing. They did always seem to be in charge, but Todd was running that hive until Teyla came along. Even though the Queens didn't seem to know about it, the other male Wraith must have accepted his authority.
                            Cool, thanks! I also just re-read over the transcript of TQ &...

Spoiler:

Todd mentions that most of the Wraith are afraid of being without a leader (in the tradition of Hive insects) and that 'most' of them would fall in line when one Wraith Queen is killed and another assumes her place.

His mention of 'most' alarms Teyla (and foreshadows the commander's attempted killing of her later) but I think this is a good jumping off point for Teyla's argument in Trust, that Todd is becoming one of the 'most'--a Wraith who might not fall in line under his Queen--or other Queens. That little exchange might actually might benefit our story from one POV.

But Todd's implications are as FH mentions that they're more like Queen Bees. If a freethinking Wraith tried to change that, he'd be killed for screwing with tradition and because a large majority of the Wraith would fear the change, but it's possible to have a renegade, I think.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Coming in a bit late on this, but...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Writer's HUDDLE!

Query...
                              Spoiler:

Thoughts?

I think SR and FH have pretty much covered everything, but I'd like to say that I also LOVE
                              Spoiler:
                              the Todd-as-renegade and out to upset the apple cart of Wraith hierarchy idea. I think that fits in very well with his previous support of introducing the retrovirus to the Wraith. He's gotten used to working independently of the "normal" authority in Wraith society and doesn't seem to care so much about going against "the way things are done" if it's something that he thinks can ultimately benefit the Wraith (and himself).

Comment

Michael was a renegade, sort of anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X